It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The United States Is the Chief Facilitator of Christian Persecution

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
www.christianpost.com...

According to the recently released 2014 World Watch List, which ranks the 50 nations where Christians are most persecuted, Syria is the third worst nation in the world in which to be Christian, Iraq is fourth, Afghanistan fifth, and Libya 13th. All four countries receive the strongest designation, "extreme persecution"

I actually noticed this myself, once we go into a country, the persecution of Christians begins after we leave.

I am alarmed by the silence, very little is said, is there a concerted effort to wipe out Christianity in the middle east by America itself?

Egypt’s Coptic Christians have borne the brunt of enraged persecution by Muslim Brotherhood supporters and others in Egypt, especially since that country’s “Arab Spring” in January 2011.

www.thecommentator.com...

Was this purposely done by this administration that supported the Arab spring and the brotherhood.

‘Largest Massacre of Christians in Syria’ Ignored
www.raymondibrahim.com...

The worst Christian massacre—complete with mass graves, tortured-to-death women and children, and destroyed churches—recently took place in Syria, at the hands of the U.S.-supported jihadi “rebels”; and the U.S. government and its “mainstream media” mouthpiece are, as usual, silent (that is, when not actively trying to minimize matters).

Egypt, Syria, Afghanistan.

Not a Single Christian Church Left in Afghanistan, Says State Department - See more at: cnsnews.com...

A new study by the Pew Research Center found that restrictions, harassment and intimidation towards people of faith increased in every major region of the world in 2012 with the exception of the Americas. Interestingly, the study found that Christians are more likely to be persecuted worldwide than any other religious group

Afghanistan: The supposedly "moderate" Karzai government installed by the U.S. upholds many of the draconian laws enforced by the Taliban-including the apostasy law, fiercely persecuting those who seek to convert to Christianity-and, in 2011, under U.S. auspices, it destroyed Afghanistan's last Christian church.

Iraq: After the U.S. toppled Saddam Hussein, Christian minorities were savagely attacked and slaughtered, and dozens of their churches were bombed (see here for graphic images). Christians have been terrorized into near-extinction, with well over half of them fleeing Iraq.
www.christianpost.com...
Libya: Ever since U.S.-backed, al-Qaeda-linked terrorists overthrew Qaddafi, Christians-including Americans-have indeed suffered extreme persecution. Churches have been bombed; Christians have been tortured and killed (including for refusing to convert); and nuns have been threatened.

www.christianpost.com...

Under Saddam, Qaddafi, and Assad, Christians and their churches were largely protected, did they oust these leaders for this exact reason?

I notice the main battlefield for the hearts and souls are on the internet forums.

edit on 102828p://bTuesday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

+13 more 
posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Christians persecute all other religions, and get persecuted by other religions. It is the downside to being a part of group.
Solution?
Ban religion.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Jefferton
Christians persecute all other religions, and get persecuted by other religions. It is the downside to being a part of group.
Solution?
Ban religion.

I knew someone would post that, maybe not soon though.

Address this issue
www.christianpost.com...
The United States Is the Chief Facilitator of Christian Persecution

It's enough to point out that "the largest massacre of Christians in Syria," to quote a top religious leader, was left wholly unreported by any major U.S. news network.

At any rate, the statistics speak for themselves: Syria, which used to be religiously tolerant, is now, in the context of the United States' trying to bring "democracy" to it, the third worst country in the world in terms of "extreme persecution" of Christians.
edit on 102828p://bTuesday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Jefferton

No need to ban it looks like they will just kill each other off eventually...over what?

It is just causing divisions in people and tragically people think it is worth killing another human being to prove their club right

Iam sorry but who is to blame for stirring up such tension? Priests/Imams etc and come the spiritual revolution they will be strung up first.
The sooner people realise Religion makes good people do bad things the better.

But back to the OP maybe the OP is right and the US has made a deal of sorts to keep things sweeter for them by allowing this. Or it is the Imams and religious politicians who want them out...another reason to keep religion out of politics.
edit on 11-2-2014 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Why is the west and the press so silent, you know there is a problem when Putin mentions the persecution.
Putin says leaders should unite to end anti-Christian persecution

Read more: communities.washingtontimes.com...
Follow us: @wtcommunities on Twitter

Vladimir Putin said last week that he observes “with alarm” that “in many of the world’s regions, especially in the Middle East and in North Africa, inter-confessional tensions are mounting, and the rights of religious minorities are infringed, including Christians and Orthodox Christians.”

The Russian president made his comments at a meeting with Orthodox Christian leaders in Moscow. He urged the international community to take steps towards preserving the rights of Christian people worldwide and preventing the violence that they suffer routinely in dozens of nations around the globe.

Not that I trust Putin.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Religion is often a refuge of those that believe themselves to be powerless. Self aggrandization is a side effect that annoys me to no end.

Many who come in contact with the US empire and empires past, feel powerless.

To your OP, no the US is not targeting Christians worldwide for elimination. The US seeks to destroy all those that stand in the way of it's own state sponsored religion --corporatism.

Why don't you start a thread about how Christianity has capitulated to, and merged with, state sponsored corporatism in the US. They've changed Jesus to a more marketable blonde surfer dude and adopted profit friendly traits like social darwinism and class warfare.

Islam isn't merging with corporatism. Islam isn't merging with anything. It just keeps growing and getting stronger.

Study that instead of drinking the victimization kool aid.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Meanwhile Christians here scream persecution while socially persecuting cultures they don't think are moral like gays. Their idea of persecution is this made up "War on Christmas" and the fact that they don't have any special privileges when it comes to the law (banning birth control, etc). They need to know what real persecution is. Also, wouldn't hurt for them to know that Christians have persecuted millions in back in the day themselves.

Religion is a brain disorder.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Was this purposely done by this administration that supported the Arab spring and the brotherhood.

Right, the US a predominantly Christian nation went to war with or funded regimes in those countries just to kill Christians.

And I guess you wrote that with a strait face. The persecution complex with christians is strong but to make that connection is beyond rational.

They rank 3rd, 4th, and 13th in other words one has the bronze and the others aren't even contenders.

How many muslims or Indians for that matter (because they looked muslim to some morons were beaten and persecuted in the US after 911 in a supposed free country?

Maybe the Hijackers were just trying to get those groups killed in the U.S. NAh that sounds dumb right.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Well, maybe the problem is, the invaders (the U.S.) have 'IN GOD WE TRUST' written on their money, every time their hypocritical President goes on the teevee, he says stuff like, 'GOD BLESS AMERICA' and the invaded countries, being not so into THAT god, but into other forms of god with different names, take their indignation at being bombed indiscriminately by the good christian flag waving bomb supporting U.S. patriots back in the good U. S. of A. out on whoever they can, which would be the christians right there in front of them.

This has happened down through history, why the surprise? Why the worry over 'christian' persecution? Why not go to your overtly christian government (that is supposed to be secular) and tell them to get the hell out of other countries and stop bombing innocent people?

And in case you hadn't noticed, other people who don't feel the same need to 'believe' against any evidence in any one of your dozens if not hundreds of versions of fairy tales, are getting a little tired of the hypocrisy of the flag waving christians who kill for country as easily as they recite a couple of the ten commandments whilst completely forgetting the 'Thou Shalt Not Kill' one...

I won't believe christians are god fearing or god loving or following christ until they utterly refuse to go to war or support war in any form. Maybe then the backlash won't be quite so dreadful, y'think?

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   

What is it with the christian persecution complex?..Do they really think just because they're not openly killing non-christians now that they are no longer to blame for the destruction they left behind? I'd be mad as hell to if my peoples were killed for centuries because we would not bend knee to the church, or any other warring faction of christians and then all of a sudden you act as if nothing had ever happened and when called on it, it's the same response " But that was so long ago ". Same goes for muslims as well, with exception of they do still openly murder what they call "infidels". The christians just got smart about it and started passing laws to further their agenda and legitimize their supposed higher moral authority. Mind you the average christian and muslim shall never know peace simply because their counterparts keep battling on in a futile attempt to prove their chosen religion to be the correct one. Observance of that one golden rule would have staved off centuries of bloodshed and the other horrors of war.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   

I think it's obvious why the press is silenced on these issues. The biggest supporters of the "war on terror" have traditionally been Christian Republicans. If you show them the nasty side-effect of their brothers and sisters in faith are getting killed because of our penchant of bombing Muslims, then the support would wane and the war profiteers would have to go back to the drawing board (they already have apparently as Obama seems to be just fine with justifying military actions currently).

It's the same reason they ignore many things about the war.

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   

I think this picture pretty much covers it.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   

DexteramLucifer

What is it with the christian persecution complex?..Do they really think just because they're not openly killing non-christians now that they are no longer to blame for the destruction they left behind? I'd be mad as hell to if my peoples were killed for centuries because we would not bend knee to the church, or any other warring faction of christians and then all of a sudden you act as if nothing had ever happened and when called on it, it's the same response " But that was so long ago ". Same goes for muslims as well, with exception of they do still openly murder what they call "infidels". The christians just got smart about it and started passing laws to further their agenda and legitimize their supposed higher moral authority. Mind you the average christian and muslim shall never know peace simply because their counterparts keep battling on in a futile attempt to prove their chosen religion to be the correct one. Observance of that one golden rule would have staved off centuries of bloodshed and the other horrors of war.

I think that's part of the OP's point. It's not persecution; it's cause and effect.

I think the OP is making the point that it's the US war machine that is the catalyst for these killings.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Christians, if you're so concerned about being persecuted, then maybe you should stand up for some of the people you've been persecuting on ATS. Muslims, Wiccans, Communists, Taoists, Buddhists, Greek Pantheists, etc. You call them heathens, blasphemers, idolaters and devil worshippers. Try defending their right to seek meaning in that which they value, and they might return the favor. Then when it's your turn to face the sword, they'll remember your compassion and stand at your side.

And consider this as well: how many of these supposed "religious wars" are fought, not for the sake of some god, but for the sake of resources that might be garnered through the expansion of command and influence? "My god gives me good reason to conquer this land which just so happens to possess a certain material resource which would bring great business opportunities to my empire." After all, what god would demand that his most faithful followers fight in his name while malnourished and unsheltered? He will provide, and he has done, even so far as delivering heathens to your doorstep as willing couriers of exactly the supplies you need more of. Oh, and by the way, kill the messengers. They are blasphemers.

edit on 11-2-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   
This is a direct result of Pandering.

The left right divide is theater, the sad thing is the whole world buys it.

When Bush starts a new crusade for the Saudi's against the flavor of Muslim they don't like,

How else would the world being oppressed see it?

A Christian Crusade against Muslims,

Sadly, they don't understand.

Its a Crusade for the Dollar, Nothing more,

They just have to sell it to the populace.

Not one action taken by the US could be considered "Christian" in any sense of the word over the past 30 years.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   

AfterInfinity
Christians, if you're so concerned about being persecuted, then maybe you should stand up for some of the people you've been persecuting on ATS. Muslims, Wiccans, Communists, Taoists, Buddhists, Greek Pantheists, etc. You call them heathens, blasphemers, idolaters and devil worshippers. Try defending their right to seek meaning in that which they value, and they might return the favor. Then when it's your turn to face the sword, they'll remember your compassion and stand at your side.
edit on 11-2-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

How about this,

AMERICANS.

Stop buying the Divisive BS.

AMERICAN Christian, Muslim, Buddhist, Atheist, Wiccan, ETC.

LETS put down the stupid ignorant division they constantly sell us.

LETS all stand united, for the Ideals this nation once stood for.

LIFE LIBERTY, And the pursuit of Happiness, FOR ALL MAN KIND.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   

. . . is there a concerted effort to wipe out Christianity in the middle east by America itself?
The US government engages these countries at the behest of the zionists and Israel, where Christianity goes against the anti-morality that those groups operate under.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   

This is bullpucky. Religions aren't persecuted in the US, only cults. Christians that act cult-like are going to get the hammer brought down on them just like a terrorist group.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I have a very hard time taking the obviously biased words of a christian source as fact.

Christians are getting better and better at the 'poor me' propaganda all the time.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Persecute:
to treat (someone) cruelly or unfairly especially because of race or religious or political beliefs

Anti-theists, such as yourself, are just as guilty of that, as anyone else is. Perhaps, you should follow your own advice:
Try defending their right to seek meaning in that which they value, and they might return the favor.

See ya,
Milt

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join