It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curiosity Takes Picture of Pharaoh-Like Statue!

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackCat13

well, as an artist, and understanding the dimensions of a face, there are a lot of things that shouldn't be there regardless of the time it has endured.
I'm willing to accept the possibility of being wrong, but it is highly doubtful from what i've seen here.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 03:50 AM
link   

cavedweller88

Does anyone else see the hand with claws right under the nose? I used to think that it was part of the face but now I don't...This keeps getting weirder!

I can clearly see the outlines, but I doubt that this could be claw, I could be wrong. I say this because overtime the head could been damaged by whatever reason. But the question mark on the top is convincing .. overall I find this the most stunning discovery done and I could imagine that some of the NASA top executives are not happy with this image sorted out properly.

It answers almost every question made in about anomalies seen on mars. The ones who call this Pareidolia are failing heavy in parts of IQ tests ...

And I don't understand why this thread is still beneath the hundred flags?

Thank you for showing us the truth

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Jarring

well, as an artist, and understanding the dimensions of a face, there are a lot of things that shouldn't be there regardless of the time it has endured.
I'm willing to accept the possibility of being wrong, but it is highly doubtful from what i've seen here.

You mean a human face, right?

How do you know the same rules apply to a Martian face?

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 04:42 AM
link   
maybe pareidolias, maybe not? would be awesome to see the other half of the face if it exists.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by McGinty

lol, touche..

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 05:03 AM
link   

smurfy

MarioOnTheFly
reply to post by smurfy

yet not a single pipe in that pic...

Epic fail smurfy...

Oh! You want pipes too? I do beg your fecking pardon, I thought you were having trouble grasping the idea of bluberries!

You shoulld remember that one...Hoagland's pump, you were on that thread too.

look very, very closely at the centre of the rock.

Another thing, don't try to pigeonhole people into one category or another, I am as open minded about these things as anyone else, if you look at one of my first posts re, the 'head' you will see just that. Other times, you need to use the old common.

Hey man...you can not prove a correlation. You are just desperately grasping.

On one hand you got berries without pipes...and than you have a pipe without berries.

Than you got a rock with a hole...and you got a "wheel" with a pipe sticking out....which is rather different than the first. There is a difference between a hole in a rock and a pipe like protrusion sticking out. I hope I don't have to explain it to you ?

Unless you claim that those berries shoot out at great speeds and fall a long way from the "hole" they were ejected from, they should all be in the same pic somewhere...pipes...berries...and holes in rocks....the works.

Show me a pic like that....

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by McGinty

Equally, why assume it's different ? If you follow the internet lore about various alien species "coming to visit"..you will find that descriptions vary...and some of them are rather human-like...so there you have it. That rather improves the odds. If you're willing to include it in you probability calculus.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 05:34 AM
link   

MarioOnTheFly
reply to post by McGinty

Equally, why assume it's different ? If you follow the internet lore about various alien species "coming to visit"..you will find that descriptions vary...and some of them are rather human-like...so there you have it. That rather improves the odds. If you're willing to include it in you probability calculus.

Pareidolia. Just kidding.

Now to try and help the thread, here is a brightened close up of the 'symbols'

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Ah, welcome BlackCat13! BlackCat was the first to discover this "face" (three or more rocks seen together as one object, a perspective find), and posted it on the anomalies thread for funbox to image. Then it was discovered independently and placed on this thread, which has gone long and deep to find Egypt on Mars ("Let my Martians go!") while finding rocks broken into pieces quite evenly. And I don't see any writing on the one rock that people are seeing, just rocky grooves and bumps. This is fun though, and shows the power of the human brain at work on perspectives and groundlings.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Taggart

A moebius strip, fascinating. Man those martian rocks are just so full of coincidences aren't they....

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   

MarioOnTheFly
reply to post by McGinty

Err, please re-read my previous post and that which it's in reply to. I'm not assuming any rules, my point was 'Why assume they abide by the same rules'...

edit on 8-2-2014 by McGinty because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by cavedweller88

Don't listen to the rock knockers its real and has lettering and numbers to prove it . Try looking at the rock above the head it has the numbers and letters carved in 2138 or Z438 - 2438. also right at the top of the rock you will see some kind of carvings like you would see in Egypt. Mars is covered in letters and numbers may be that's were we got are writing skills from ????.

PS people are gifted in certain ways but cant work together to crack the great mars mystery. someone is giving daily clues away but you lot are to busy arguing amongst yourselves to realise this ???

Looking good

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   

BlackCat13
reply to post by Jarring

The line down the face, where the bottom half is flat, was also the thing I noticed, it could however still be a missing part, burried beneath the sand. The bottom half does indeed not show any signs of cafting, the top, especially with the hat "could" be a crafted piece I think.

It's the whole setting that remindes me of an egyptian status with the "hat" and what looks like a part of column.

If it was an actual status I would also expect more parts of it being exposed.

I still like to thank funbox for posting a picture of it.

Speaking of Eyptain Tones and Status on mars ! let alone Iran Comparison i have recely posted..

It all of the Eye of the Beholder of what you see Right..

but if you can see a lot of similarity's of Egyptian and Iranian aka Sumerian Babylonian on Mars
What are those Odds !! it's more then just cloud searching..

ok some other oddities

The Nefertiti
Side View of Her

Front View of Her

The Huge Egyptian statue

That look like this in a Way on Earth...

well a Buddhist in a cliff

but this spot

From The NASA site itself

nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov...

and you have the Questionable Geometry of the Site too..

a Skeptics Nightmare LOL!

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Wolfenz

BlackCat13
reply to post by Jarring

The line down the face, where the bottom half is flat, was also the thing I noticed, it could however still be a missing part, burried beneath the sand. The bottom half does indeed not show any signs of cafting, the top, especially with the hat "could" be a crafted piece I think.

It's the whole setting that remindes me of an egyptian status with the "hat" and what looks like a part of column.

If it was an actual status I would also expect more parts of it being exposed.

I still like to thank funbox for posting a picture of it.

Speaking of Eyptain Tones and Status on mars ! let alone Iran Comparison i have recely posted..

It all of the Eye of the Beholder of what you see Right..

but if you can see a lot of similarity's of Egyptian and Iranian aka Sumerian Babylonian on Mars
What are those Odds !! it's more then just cloud searching..

ok some other oddities

The Nefertiti
Side View of Her

Front View of Her

The Huge Egyptian statue

That look like this in a Way on Earth...

well a Buddhist in a cliff

but this spot

From The NASA site itself

nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov...

and you have the Questionable Geometry of the Site too..

a Skeptics Nightmare LOL!

Elysium and Cydonia are wonderful examples of how we cannot dismiss these anomalies so quickly...There are too many similarities from what we see here at home that we'd be stupid not to investigate it further.

Btw...where was the statue cut in stone's picture taken? Do by chance have the link?

Can't wait for 2020 for that manned Mars mission...Hopefully we'll be getting some real information then(somewhat doubtful though)!

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   
and these?

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Reidhos

Thank you for finding the gorilla in the midst on Mars. This is the one member of the animal kingdom we've been waiting for. The zoo is complete, the rocks are alive with the sound of muse-axs, and the birds in the sky overhead (just out of view of the Rover) caw caw caw until the morning sun.

And a welcome to ATS! (Edit: Oh, wait, you've been here for awhile - never mind the remainder of this post) Enjoy it as far as possible, and please let us know things you know that you'd think we'd like to know, and ask any questions about things you want to know but realize we have no idea either. Thanks for finding us!
edit on 8-2-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Aleister

Ah, welcome BlackCat13! BlackCat was the first to discover this "face" (three or more rocks seen together as one object, a perspective find), and posted it on the anomalies thread for funbox to image. Then it was discovered independently and placed on this thread, which has gone long and deep to find Egypt on Mars ("Let my Martians go!") while finding rocks broken into pieces quite evenly. And I don't see any writing on the one rock that people are seeing, just rocky grooves and bumps. This is fun though, and shows the power of the human brain at work on perspectives and groundlings.

I now agree with you about there being 3 rocks making up the image...but each rock has its own anomaly. The face we'll call rock 1....Rock 2 would be a slab of broken stone with symbols and rock 3 is the hand with claws right under the nose of the face.

As for the symbols they follow a 90 degree angle as if it were a border of a larger image. If it were to just be grooves and bumps you'd expect them to fill the whole rock...but it doesn't its just on that 90 degree angle. I will try to find an example of what I mean from something here on earth. I'll be busy for a while but I'll try to post it later.

I said it before and I'll say it again, usually I side with those who say it's just pareidolias...but this seems like something different altogether.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   

This is what I imagine it looked like when the slab was whole... something like the pictures above. Writing surrounding a bigger picture.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   

I Agree about the Similaritys

for the Answer of the Location

The image is located at "Cape St. Vincent," a promontory on the interior crater wall of Victoria Crater. Victoria Crater is considered to be an extremely old crater, perhaps billions of years old.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Although I'm in the "this is a bunch of rocks which together seem like something" camp on this one, what I do think will happen is this "sculpture" (which I originally thought looked like a joker in a card deck) will become one of the 'proof of' pictures in those "Egypt on Mars" videos and websites. So you've entered the history books (or at least the history comic books), and Egyptian finding-lore. Nice work on that alone!

Maybe you and BlackCat can agree on a name. I would suggest 'King What?' (rhymes with King Tut), with 'a condo made of stonea'.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join