It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curiosity Takes Picture of Pharaoh-Like Statue!

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by cavedweller88

Excellent find, clear as day if you ask me
S&F

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   

dragonridr

Dianec
With all of the posts on mars snapshots taken - that look like proof of life, could they all be pareidolias? That is just extreme skepticism. I've believed in something more out there as far back as my memory goes. Have always strongly sensed it. Let's say it is pareidolias - whose to say our ancient brains aren't interpreting it for what it is? Why are we there to begin with? We sense something more. I know it's Hollywood and all but mission to mars resonates the most for me - a dying civilization replanted on earth. We have been there before IMO.

Trust me when i say if NASA saw anything created by aliens they would scream it out. There budget would go through the roof and we would have people on mars in 6 months. It would be a race to get there even private companies would rush to be involved.

I'm going to have to disagree with you on that...NASA is not a civilian space agency, they are apart of the air force...So, I'm pretty sure that if they were to find anything it would have an immediate TOP SECRET classification and the information would be let out as they feel like it(possibly never).

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   

So, I'm pretty sure that if they were to find anything it would have an immediate TOP SECRET classification and the information would be let out as they feel like it(possibly never).

Why?

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

No, NASA would not scream, they would whisper. Many lies and cover-ups over the years. It was their job to prevent disclosure.

Releasing these images of a somewhat questionable, but nearly undeniable existence of an advanced civilization on Mars is the most gentle technique...

Spaceships landing on the White House lawn is too extreme. It would cause our brains to blow a circuit, then chaos on all levels would ensue.

Initially, people will need to come to terms with the fact that there is life in the universe, beginning right next door on Mars.

Imho, NASA is counting on us to tell a friend, who tells a friend, who tells a friend. It won't take long with the technology we have at our disposal.

After a while when it sinks in and the big announcement is made by government, we will all nod in agreement and say,

"Yeah, duh."

Just an afterthought: The Mars images are slowly becoming a little more colorful.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Phage

So, I'm pretty sure that if they were to find anything it would have an immediate TOP SECRET classification and the information would be let out as they feel like it(possibly never).

Why?

you know earth land security ... Martian scare like the nazi and red scare the fear... the horror.. there is or was something living other than on this BIOBALL of a planet called Earth... lol

as some countries will have to give up their Religion also... LOL! Can have that...

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   

cavedweller88

dragonridr

Dianec
With all of the posts on mars snapshots taken - that look like proof of life, could they all be pareidolias? That is just extreme skepticism. I've believed in something more out there as far back as my memory goes. Have always strongly sensed it. Let's say it is pareidolias - whose to say our ancient brains aren't interpreting it for what it is? Why are we there to begin with? We sense something more. I know it's Hollywood and all but mission to mars resonates the most for me - a dying civilization replanted on earth. We have been there before IMO.

Trust me when i say if NASA saw anything created by aliens they would scream it out. There budget would go through the roof and we would have people on mars in 6 months. It would be a race to get there even private companies would rush to be involved.

I'm going to have to disagree with you on that...NASA is not a civilian space agency, they are apart of the air force...So, I'm pretty sure that if they were to find anything it would have an immediate TOP SECRET classification and the information would be let out as they feel like it(possibly never).

NASA has nothing to do with the air force i think you're thinking of joint space command thats airforce.Like any other agency in the government they want a bigger budget finding any evidence of life on mars would have NASA scientists drooling thinking of all the money they're going to get.Trust me hiding the discovery of life on mars would be impossible do you know how many scientists would rush out papers??

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolfenz

as some countries will have to give up their Religion also

Why?
www.catholic.com...

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Wolfenz

Phage

Why?

you know earth land security ... Martian scare like the nazi and red scare the fear... the horror.. there is or was something living other than on this BIOBALL of a planet called Earth... lol

as some countries will have to give up their Religion also... LOL! Can have that...

Thats silly there's no scare in fact it make the news for a couple of weeks and people would carry on with their lives. People aren't scared of martians that was bad 50s sci fi.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   

hurdygurdy
reply to post by dragonridr

No, NASA would not scream, they would whisper. Many lies and cover-ups over the years. It was their job to prevent disclosure.

Releasing these images of a somewhat questionable, but nearly undeniable existence of an advanced civilization on Mars is the most gentle technique...

Spaceships landing on the White House lawn is too extreme. It would cause our brains to blow a circuit, then chaos on all levels would ensue.

Initially, people will need to come to terms with the fact that there is life in the universe, beginning right next door on Mars.

Imho, NASA is counting on us to tell a friend, who tells a friend, who tells a friend. It won't take long with the technology we have at our disposal.

After a while when it sinks in and the big announcement is made by government, we will all nod in agreement and say,

"Yeah, duh."

Just an afterthought: The Mars images are slowly becoming a little more colorful.

Well they didn't land they just Hover around the White House in 1952 a Few Times ..

True there is many people that don't want to go beyond the bubble ..

But Here on ATS NASA and Scientist's Physicist's has been Exposing alot of stuff lately..

Shown here on ATS

For example..
We may live in a hologram Simulation universe ,
We have Portals ( wormholes ) open closing randomly from earth to the Sun

A Particle Accelerator Above Earth!! >> ? well something like Cern..

NASA Exposing they want to make a Warp Drive and Using Controlled Anti Matter for Fuel

No Black Holes Just Gray Holes According to Steven Hawking's

And life Exist beyond Death through Quantum Physics .. ahh Soul ..

DNA has a 2nd Layer of information..Code... that Scientist are Still on the Works of Taping into !

Yes Folks what i just mention as it seems.... its been.... Revealed.... by them !

and Lastly The Panic of 1938 aka War of the Worlds Mercury Theater Radio Scare..

The Goverment seen the Effect. that it Caused...

Right just when they Filtered the haze Red!! back in the 70s and 80s

Not any more is it !

Ahh MR Sagan can you Please !! Please !! 2nd Time Leave the Area so we can make more Shots
Says Stanley Ohh George!! get the Wisk Broom out as Mr Sagan Imprints will be in the Shot!! Ohh by the Way this spot is excellent for that Space Farmboy living with his Aunt and Uncle !! in the Next Scene ! LLLLOOOLLLLL all fun..

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   

dragonridr

Wolfenz

Phage

Why?

Thats silly there's no scare in fact it make the news for a couple of weeks and people would carry on with their lives. People aren't scared of martians that was bad 50s sci fi.

LOL The WORD!!! Satire ! Calm Down

True of most of the World your right!!!

well except some of those Southerner Boys of the OLD USA !! and Some in Middle east!! LOL yet Their Own Worshiped Them say 4 thousand years ago!

these !!

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Wow that was the first Mars pic I saw and instantly knew what I was looking for.
Do I think it is evidence of Alien Life? I dunno and the only why we will find out is to send people to Mars.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolfenz

Correction. A holographic Universe is not the same as a simulated Universe.

Correction. There are magnetic connections between the Earth and the Sun which allow charged particles to easily travel from the Sun to the Earth. This is not a wormhole.

Sort of. The magnetosphere acts like a particle accelerator. Something like CERN but much larger, actually.

NASA Exposing they want to make a Warp Drive and Using Controlled Anti Matter for Fuel
Correction. A NASA scientist is toying with the concept.

Correction. Steven Hawking thinks that the current concept of black holes can be revised. He does not say there are no black holes.

Metaphysicists have been claiming that quantum physics supports them for a long time.

and Lastly The Panic of 1938 aka War of the Worlds Mercury Theater Radio Scare..
Some people believed that a radio broadcast about a very hostile invasion from Mars was real. A very hostile invasion from Mars is not the same thing as saying that evidence of extraterrestrial life has been discovered.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolfenz

Those are some of the most beautiful "ancient" rock sculptures I've seen, thanks for posting them. To work with rock like that, with the now-primitive stone tools they must have been made with (metal?), took talent and patience to a level few other civilizations were playing with at the time.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Aleister
reply to post by Wolfenz

Those are some of the most beautiful "ancient" rock sculptures I've seen, thanks for posting them. To work with rock like that, with the now-primitive stone tools they must have been made with (metal?), took talent and patience to a level few other civilizations were playing with at the time.

Judging from the looks of them id say sledge hammer apparently martian artists really sucked.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Phage
reply to post by Wolfenz

as some countries will have to give up their Religion also

Why?
www.catholic.com...

In his novel Perelandra C. S. Lewis speculated about the possibility of a fallen race (such as ours) influencing unfallen extra-terrestrials. We were affected by the fallen angel Satan. There's nothing in the Bible to say humanity couldn't have a similar effect on another race.

Were are Fallen Race ?? SUCH AS Ours ... Ok...

So I Assume they are saying the Catholic of this site We are A Prison Planet!!..

And What is a Fallen Angel a EL-Lyon ? Were does Angels come from Exactly!! either way not from this world ...

It's possible God has set up multiple worlds, some fallen, some not, but there's not the slightest scientific evidence he has. A few scientists, pandering to the tabloids, claim extra-terrestrials must exist, based on the mathematical likelihood of other stars having planets, but their theories are scoffed at by nearly the entire scientific community.

seem like there having there wishful thinking ... hoping it isnt.. yet the vatican is involved with NASA Pandering the tabloids >??? theories are Scoffed ?? I guess National Geographic and Discovery Magazine are Tabloid. lol...

The argument runs like this: If some of those planets have atmospheres like Earth's, and if some of those Earth-like planets spontaneously generate amino acids, and if some of those amino acids result in higher life-forms, then intelligent life exists on other worlds. You'll note a lot of "ifs" there.

Note allot of if's !! LOL!! Again Wishful thinking of Hope Nots!! it just goes alot of Evolution and Creation Speculations!

To insist there must be intelligent life elsewhere in the universe is to overstate the case. It's also theologically irrelevant because the central tenets of Christianity remain intact with or without little green men.

Yeah Remain intact those it will Changed Slightly because it will disrupt of what they Originally Believed in
time to change rearrange the bible ...

Same People that think of this

Talking Snake ! ahh Reptilian !

but I wont even go on the Subject of The Book Of Enoch !

that talks about him being in their Spaceship! The First Recorded Abducted! Human..

Phage this is a Fail ! you can do better then That..

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolfenz

So I Assume they are saying the Catholic of this site We are A Prison Planet!!..

No. I am saying that Catholicism, one of the most dogmatic of religions, can accommodate extraterrestrial life within its dogma.
Your claim that religion would crumble if evidence of extraterrestrial life were revealed is not valid.

edit on 2/9/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Phage
reply to post by Wolfenz

Correction. A holographic Universe is not the same as a simulated Universe.

Hmm Hologram is a Simulation of what is real! ok a Hologram is a Simulated Reality

Correction. There are magnetic connections between the Earth and the Sun which allow charged particles to easily travel from the Sun to the Earth. This is not a wormhole.

Flux transfer event
en.wikipedia.org...

Earth's magnetosphere and the Sun's magnetic field are constantly pressed against one another on the dayside of Earth. Approximately every eight minutes, these fields briefly merge, forming a temporary "portal" between the Earth and the Sun through which high-energy particles such as solar wind can flow. The portal takes the shape of a magnetic cylinder about the width of Earth. Current observations place the portal at up to 4 times the size of the earth.

So what the Big Diff of Worm Hole and Portal ?

Sort of. The magnetosphere acts like a particle accelerator. Something like CERN but much larger, actually.

No Correction well at least we agree on this one..

Correction. A NASA scientist is toying with the concept.

Yet NASA and others is Running along with it

How Antimatter Spacecraft Will Work
science.howstuffworks.com...

Warp Drive May Be More Feasible Than Thought, Scientists Say
www.space.com...

Correction. Steven Hawking thinks that the current concept of black holes can be revised. He does not say there are no black holes.

Over the past few days, the media has cried out the recent proclamation from Stephen Hawking that black holes, a mystery of both science and science fiction, do not exist.
www.space.com...

Metaphysicists have been claiming that quantum physics supports them for a long time.

Agreed

Some people believed that a radio broadcast about a very hostile invasion from Mars was real. A very hostile invasion from Mars is not the same thing as saying that evidence of extraterrestrial life has been discovered.

you may want to explain that to the the Ignorant in some countrys and states

edit on 9-2-2014 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Phage
reply to post by Wolfenz

No. I am saying that Catholicism, one of the most dogmatic of religions, can accommodate extraterrestrial life within its dogma.
Your claim that religion would crumble if evidence of extraterrestrial life were revealed is not valid.

No I said some Religion ... and for the Ones that dont have a Open Mind .. and Base all their Faith of every word of their religion will be in trouble ... Don't forget Phage Prosecution of Galileo when he claimed the Sun is in the Center of the the Solar system ..

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolfenz

Don't forget Phage Prosecution of Galileo when he claimed the Sun is in the Center of the the Solar system

Yes, I know. And yet, when it became accepted it did not result in the collapse of the Church.
Perhaps the Catholics have learned something about fighting science.

If not Catholics, what religion do you think would collapse if evidence of extraterrestrial life were announced? And why would NASA, or any other scientific body, care?

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Hmm I hate to be a bummer, but the thread is about a rock that May or may not be crafter by am intelligent being; this thread is not about the implications that this potential discovery would have on the worlds religions.

Back to the subject at hand.

To me it looks like a head, and most of the rocks I see look like rocks. I think we can all agree that curiosity's operators should make a u-turn and go back to take a better look. Science is about exploring new things, not running away from what scares us.

Curiosity's mission slogan should be, "No rock left unturned!"

edit on 9-2-2014 by EnderMEM because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join