It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curiosity Takes Picture of Pharaoh-Like Statue!

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   

g9000
reply to post by fatdeeman

Okay - the truth of the matter is no-one really knows, but it also cannot be dismissed out of hand. The first NASA photo in lower res, is I believe undoctored. The second higher res one is doctored IMO.

www.google.co.uk...=moon+photos+project+clementine

Project Clementine (from what i remember) generated about 1.5 million photos.

I just found the video I watched - maybe you want to view it then think again

www.youtube.com...

Jump to 16:50 to see the relevant segment - he explains about that picture you had being doctored and shows what the REAL image was at 22:20. Please watch that segment.

Definitely eyebrows.
edit on 7-2-2014 by g9000 because: (no reason given)

I'm sorry but that's just people trying to sell dvd's and I won't give any of it credence. even in the video description it says "now on dvd!"

It's always the ones selling books or dvds making the wild claims.

For what it's worth he takes the image and claims that he can change the angle of view and lighting without compromising or introducing artificial data which is completely impossible, he's basically "DOCTORED" the image to support his argument.

It's good for dvd sales.

UPDATE: I kept watching a little and I'm sorry but all this guy does is doct photos himself and then accuse nasa of doing the doctoring, he's a hypocrite.

He keeps saying over and over how his alterations are not performed by him but "the computer" is if that somehow makes it infallible. The computer only does what it is commanded to do. At one point he says "no introduction of new data in this image....................by any artist" You see what he's trying to do there? He's not denying that new false visual information is being added he's just trying to say that if a computer does it then it isn't suspect! Has the computer been to mars? Is it some self aware artificial intelligence? It wasn't me the computer did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He also uses ridiculously over complex terminology to explain the most simple things in an attempt to come across as all knowing. Sometimes he uses about 5 different words with the same meaning in a row, he's just using the "bullsh*t baffles brains" approach. He might pull the wool over some people's eyes but to me he just comes across as a very dishonest man trying to mislead people with claims such as using a computer to process an image removes bias.

He uses the old trick of talking as if he is in a position of absolute knowledge and authority in an attempt to stop you even considering he might be wrong. Whenever I encounter someone like this there's a book or dvd to be sold.

edit on 7-2-2014 by fatdeeman because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-2-2014 by fatdeeman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
ok seeing everyone is having fun with shapes here on Earth and on Mars

Ready !!!

Earth Iran

Mars Cydonia

Iran

Cydonia

Though the Iran Mound is man made not sure about the one on mars but!!

what Ive circled isn't!! NATURAL! look like Markers to me ! Find any pic of the Face of mars a Close up of it and see for your self !

edit on 7-2-2014 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by cavedweller88

Please excuse me OP, for a little thread drift. But I guess not really, as it's my example of how nature can carve out some very interesting images. So if I may answer about how to see the images, I'll do one post on that. And you know what it probably is? 'The few of us who see them see them so clearly, it's like a photogenic likeness, so once you see them it's hard not to see them. If the OP doesn't mind let me try to point out a few things, at least as myself and others - even others on ATS - see them.

The head above is a black guy looking out from between the cracks in the clouds. He takes up almost the whole thing. His right eye is in the second opening from the top, right to the right of his nose - which is the cloud hanging up and down in the middle of the second opening. His head is looking to its right (our left). That right eye is almost perfect - perfect shape, has an iris, and has eyelashes and an eyebrow, and lots of the face is of the same quality. He has short hair which runs along the top of his head, and you can see that and a part of his forehead in the first dark opening from the top.

The woman has a torch flame that "is" the white cloud middle-left, all by itself in the blue sky. A black staff stretches down from the end of that flame to her left hand, which is either by her waist or there is a hint of her right arm extended out holding the end of the black staff with the flame on top (I can't discern fingers). Then her dress is much of the rest of the bottom of the white cloud, going up along the blue part, right up along it, to fluff at the shoulder. Kind of a long neck (have to really look close once you've seen her, she's got a very pronounced neck, chin, cheeks, mouth (very tiny mouth, features are tiny), nose, and then these amazing large eyes which aren't perfect eyes but one is very interesting. Her hairline is down to her shoulders and complete (the hair runs right up along the edge of the blue in the picture, right along her right shoulder, hair going up along the side of her face all the way to the top of her head and across, all along the blue border, right up against it). She's wears a perfect tiara, right across her hairline.

The third one, that's one of those you either see it or don't. It's quite pronounced. On the picture above it kind of looks like the image on the shroud of Turin when seen as a negative. It's eyes are closed, eyebrows seem to meet, nose, mouth, and a mustache and beard, a pretty full mustache and beard. But the beard isn't real long, just enough so it looks good. Top of his head is either bald - the top is the unclearest area of this image, but can be made out - or wearing a small hat or skullcap.

That's a nutshell tour. Thanks for asking. For me posting the pics finally seemed obvious after several posts on this thread referenced cloud images as an example of what could be seen in nature. And once you see these, it's pretty cool. Especially that cute young woman with a flaming staff and a tiara.

edit on 7-2-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   

fatdeeman

I'm sorry but that's just people trying to sell dvd's and I won't give any of it credence. even in the video description it says "now on dvd!"

It's always the ones selling books or dvds making the wild claims.

For what it's worth he takes the image and claims that he can change the angle of view and lighting without compromising or introducing artificial data which is completely impossible, he's basically "DOCTORED" the image to support his argument.

It's good for dvd sales.

I'm inclined to agree, it's not information sharing in the way the 'net was intended, and more and more it's becoming bastardised.

In the case of the Cydonia 'face' as in the above, it's an attempt to make fuzzy logic into fuzzy history. It's not unique to any particular subject, it's everywhere on the 'net.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

Pulling clouds outta your head, again, Al? Heh...

The pieces in this crater are sure double-take worthy, and I admit that first head jumps out. Taken with the other ridges, rills, right angles and what looks like fluting on columns, even, (and there's one upright, thin piece near the "bottom" of the image that even has a border that looks like Greek border decorative paint in brown) and if I were shown all of it with a caption under it that said "found in Egypt" I'd say a dig there would sure be a good idea!

But after too much careful looking (even at the "book" good Arken), it's all just very usual (but cool) geologically created rocks... I really think so... however, I'd jump and whooop for a good 2 minutes if proven wrong and by gosh, I hope I do some day.

And that higher definition image of the "Face" on mars never really settled anything for me, either.. it could be a time worn monument still, and those evenly spaced "markers" pointed out above are odd, but we won't ever know until ...well, until we know!

Those spokes that radiate out from a circular center thingy is noteworthy, too, Al, btw. The oddities are many, but the smoking gun metallic widget or squirming organic mass are still hiding... from me, anyway.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Everyone just needs to realize that we see what we want to. But here is a picture from mars im sure everyone will agree is just so messed up. But dont worry be happy.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   

From the same picture, on opposite side of valley. If you look in the centre, right angles on Mars?

I don't think it's far fetched to believe that Mars once had a civilization, there's a few billion years between us now and the big bang, how do we know what came before?
edit on 7-2-2014 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Thank you all! I have enjoyed reading along with this thread as exploration continued, during quick breaks from work. There have been more than a few interesting findings shared.

I'm really interested to know if anyone has looked more into the symbols above the face that our OP, cavedweller88, pointed out. I find this image of what appears, to my untrained eye at least, to be deliberate symbols of some kind, fascinating. And yes, the symbols also appear to be on ROCKS
that for whatever reason still to be determined...are ROCKS that look like a HEAD. Cool stuff regardless!

If anyone has some mad photo skills they can bring to the table tonight, please join in. There is probably a way to bring out these marks more clearly but, it's beyond my pay grade.
Here is the area again and a few more photo crops from the NASA image.

What do our ATS members make of these? Is this natural erosion or something else? This area is worth discussion for any number of reasons it seems. Thanks again, what an interesting "what if" read this thread has been.

Peace

edit on 7-2-2014 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   

I do not normally by into this type of nonsense....however,

I think this is a pretty damn good pic of something that does not appear to be a simple rock.

I am very impressed with this.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by DancedWithWolves

im going to take a guess at ,'please leave your shoes/and or sandals at the door'

funBox

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   
well, it is interesting, and cool to say the least, but i don't think it is a statue.
if you need further proof, try to imagine if you were to look at it from different angles, the dimensions of what appears to be a face from this angle are clearly off and randomly thrown together. In fact, the only thing that really makes the face pop out at you is the eye, and it's relationship to what appears to be a nose. but if you look at the nose, it juts out and connects picasso style. it mainly looks facelike because of the eye and the close straight line going down the middle of the face. it shouldn't be too uncommon to find indents shaped like an eye next to the edge of a rock.. it is quite coincidental we got the perfect angle for it though. wouldn't see it from any other angle.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Jarring
well, it is interesting, and cool to say the least, but i don't think it is a statue.
if you need further proof, try to imagine if you were to look at it from different angles, the dimensions of what appears to be a face from this angle are clearly off and randomly thrown together. In fact, the only thing that really makes the face pop out at you is the eye, and it's relationship to what appears to be a nose. but if you look at the nose, it juts out and connects picasso style. it mainly looks facelike because of the eye and the close straight line going down the middle of the face. it shouldn't be too uncommon to find indents shaped like an eye next to the edge of a rock.. it is quite coincidental we got the perfect angle for it though. wouldn't see it from any other angle.

We have other angles...and it still looks like a face.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   

DancedWithWolves
Thank you all! I have enjoyed reading along with this thread as exploration continued, during quick breaks from work. There have been more than a few interesting findings shared.

I'm really interested to know if anyone has looked more into the symbols above the face that our OP, cavedweller88, pointed out. I find this image of what appears, to my untrained eye at least, to be deliberate symbols of some kind, fascinating. And yes, the symbols also appear to be on ROCKS
that for whatever reason still to be determined...are ROCKS that look like a HEAD. Cool stuff regardless!

If anyone has some mad photo skills they can bring to the table tonight, please join in. There is probably a way to bring out these marks more clearly but, it's beyond my pay grade.
Here is the area again and a few more photo crops from the NASA image.

What do our ATS members make of these? Is this natural erosion or something else? This area is worth discussion for any number of reasons it seems. Thanks again, what an interesting "what if" read this thread has been.

Peace

edit on 7-2-2014 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

That top right arrow you have pointing at the symbols looks just like a snake...I can't really make out the other ones but I'm sure they are some sort of hieroglyphics.

As for that other guys attempt to fill in the gaps I think you may have gone a little overboard...I only see the symbols on the outside of the structure....thats just me though.
edit on 7-2-2014 by cavedweller88 because: spelling

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 10:05 PM
link   

show me these other angles lol
you might be able to get the idea of a face from what you remember of that other angle.. but i seriously doubt if you were not to have seen it from this first angle, you would have noticed it from another one.

you get my point about the dimensions? it was all randomly put together and has no real evidence of craft. the askew line going down the center of the face with it's flat side underneath where the other side of the face should be should be evidence enough..not to mention all the other dimensional flaws. none of the markings look crafted, they are just randomly placed to resemble something, which happens all the time.

but, whatever, you can believe what you want to believe, don't let me ruin your fun

edit on 01/24/14 by Jarring because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   

it was the letters I left out that you should be reading ..see them?

*funbox unfolds the large casing, taking careful note of trajectory . he releases the small eggs of mischief upon the unsuspecting crowd*

this is the kelvin ball torni thread isn't it ?

funBox

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Jarring

show me these other angles lol
you might be able to get the idea of a face from what you remember of that other angle.. but i seriously doubt if you were not to have seen it from this first angle, you would have noticed it from another one.

you get my point about the dimensions? it was all randomly put together and has no real evidence of craft. the askew line going down the center of the face with it's flat side underneath where the other side of the face should be should be evidence enough..not to mention all the other dimensional flaws. none of the markings look crafted, they are just randomly placed to resemble something, which happens all the time.

but, whatever, you can believe what you want to believe, don't let me ruin your fun

edit on 01/24/14 by Jarring because: (no reason given)

I can't find it right now...if anyone can help me out I would appreciate it...But it a picture taken from the left of this current image and yes...it looks exactly like what I thought it should and not because I saw the original.

Sorry low on sleep...getting super tired. If no one else helps find it I'll tackle this tomorrow.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Does anyone else see the hand with claws right under the nose? I used to think that it was part of the face but now I don't...This keeps getting weirder!

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 12:21 AM
link   

does look like a hand, but that, I think, is just part of the face or head. Very Egyptian looking. There have been a few, very intriguing, anomalies on Mars. I love the people posting the rocks that look like things on earth. Yeah, we get it...Sometimes rocks, that are nothing but rocks, look like things, both on earth and on Mars. But what they don't get is that sometimes statues look like...wait for it...statues. lol Jeesh. I would hate to take these people on an archeological dig. "Don't toss that away! It's a priceless..." "No you Fool...it's a rock!" lol Our Museums would be empty!

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Jarring

The line down the face, where the bottom half is flat, was also the thing I noticed, it could however still be a missing part, burried beneath the sand. The bottom half does indeed not show any signs of cafting, the top, especially with the hat "could" be a crafted piece I think.

It's the whole setting that remindes me of an egyptian status with the "hat" and what looks like a part of column.

If it was an actual status I would also expect more parts of it being exposed.

I still like to thank funbox for posting a picture of it.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 02:42 AM
link   
The face is actually made of three different rocks. It is difficult to make out, but is easy to see once seen. The hat is one rock. The eye another. The nose etc. is another. In three dimensional image, the face is probably indistinguishable. 2d gives the impression of oneness. Very interesting though.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join