It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any suggestions for a new carry weapon?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I have carried Glocks for 20+ years and swear by them, however.....
You stated you were a fan of revolvers, larger caliber?

Not mentioned was a ruger?"
An SP 101 is a fantastic revolver, priced well and plenty of power.
Somewhat concealable as well, .38/.357.

Just my 2 cents.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Glock 17 mid-size 9mm double stack
17 rounds in mag, 1 in chamber.(Winchester PDX=1 124 gr Hollow points)

I carry it everywhere, everyday (licensed)

Love it

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Oaktree

I have carried Glocks for 20+ years and swear by them, however.....

You stated you were a fan of revolvers, larger caliber?

Almost all of my revolvers have been 38spl. The last set (yeah it was a matched set) of J framed S&W Model 442 Airweight's. Really concealable but they kicked like little mules. That's as large a caliber as I'd probably go with a revolver but may go up to a medium frame.

Not really a fan of Glock's at all, the aesthetics are just horrible to me. A nice beaver tailed 1911 is beautiful and I'd choose one of those in a hot minute if they weren't so darned heavy. Even the 3.5" compact usually weigh in at 2lbs plus. I know aesthetics is sort of silly when it comes to a defensive carry weapon but I think I can find one that satisfies both.
edit on 363am0808am22014 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Thanks to all who have given input, editorial and otherwise or have just taken part in this thread. I've finally decided on my new carry weapon. My fondness for revolvers played a big part in this as well as a few other things. While this weapon will be my primary carry weapon I am still reviewing some full size pistols for home defense as well.

Based on fit and finish, price, weight & size and familiarity, along with the fact I already have bags of ammunition for this firearm, 2 leather holsters and carriers for the quick reloads I've chosen the Rossi R35102 38spl +P 2" barrel, blued revolver.

I found this revolver to be very similar to my old beloved Colt Mark IV only lighter, with shorter barrel and better hand-grips. True it's only 5 shot rather than 6 but if I have to shoot that many rounds I need to spend more time at the range.

It is superior to my previous S&W Airweight's in that it has just enough additional weight to make it easier (and less painful) to shoot but is still quite small and pretty light in the carry department.

Thanks again everyone.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Bassago

That's a handsome looking fella!

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join