It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN to Vatican: Immediately Remove All Known And Suspected Child Abusers From The Clergy

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   

eggman90
Of course, the response:

"The Vatican responded by saying it would examine the report - but also accused its authors of interference".

BBC News Link To Article

They actually used that word-interference-amazing.

edit on 2/5/2014 by eggman90 because: (no reason given)

If this happened there would be no one left in the Vatican. Empty, not a soul.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by DrunkYogi

If what happened?

I'm not following your post.

Eric

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   
There are going to many a priests at the unemployement line.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I agree the Catholic cult should do this but...

Who gave the UN this authority in the first place? How can it be binding?

Last I checked Vatican City ( which is legally separate from Rome or Italy) is Not a member of the UN.

What now, the UN can run rough shod over any non UN member nations it wants to? Sounds like a bully aka Hitler, to me.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   

EricD

If what happened?

I'm not following your post.

Eric

UN to Vatican: Immediately Remove All Known And Suspected Child Abusers From The Clergy

What the title of the thread says..........

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   
So the Vatican is really saying that child abuse is okay.

Are there really any Catholics left? WTF?

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Mamatus
The Vatican needs to go the way of the Dodo bird. They have not only outlived their usefulness but they have protected child molesters, laundered mob money and done a tone of other nefarious things. IMO since they are their own "Country" I would suggest nothing short of a full scale invasion. It is time to lock these criminals away.

Don't even get me started on how many people have been killed by the Catholic Church.

UxoriousMagnus
but if you take all the child molesters out of the Catholic church.....who will be left?

The UN is politicizing old issues that have pretty much all been resolved in an effort to attack the Catholic Church for her moral teaching. It will be bad PR among anti-Catholics and people who take everything they read as true, like that dizzy girl in the commercial who believes everything must be true if it's on the internet.

Yes there has been terrible abuse in the past, we acknowledge that it was wrong, and we are going to do something about it.

The Catholic Church in many countries (12 years ago) set up new guidelines to deal with cases of past abuse, prevent new cases, report abuse to police, and to stop potential abusers from entering the priesthood. To date they have defrocked/laicized 400 priest in the last two years.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Utnapisjtim
reply to post by eggman90

The RC celibacy doctrine turns them into perverts. It's unnatural for a grown man not being married or have a sex partner of some sort.

God's first command to Man:

Genesis 1:28 God blessed them and said to them, "Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air and over every living creature that moves on the ground."

Genesis 2:22 Then the LORD God made a woman from the rib he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man. 23 The man said, "This is now bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called 'woman, ' for she was taken out of man." 24 For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh.

Be fruitful and multiply" (Genesis 1:28). This mandate speaks to humanity in general, it overlooks numerous passages in the Bible that support the celibate life. Matthew 19:11-12: "Not all can accept this word, but only those to whom it is granted. Some are incapable of marriage because they were born so; some, because they were made so by others; some, because they have renounced marriage for the sake of the kingdom of God. Whoever can accept this ought to accept it." Paul explains that celibacy is a calling for some and not for others by saying, "Each has his own special gift from God, one of one kind and one of another" (7:7)

In the Catholic Church fidelity of bishops and priests to the teaching of the Church and to their solemn vows; the fidelity of bishops in exercising oversight in ensuring obedience to that teaching and to those vows; and the fidelity of the lay faithful in holding bishops and priests accountable.

The real issue was never celibacy, but rather the unfortunate lack of fidelity.

There are many reasons, both practical and theological, why the Church insists on clerical celibacy. Early on, it became obvious to many bishops that, a married priesthood doesn't work. That the Church needed men who are willing to embrace a higher spiritual state. This first began with the Spanish Council of Elvira in 305 AD. There is ample warrant in the words of Christ and the writings of Paul that celibacy is a higher calling than marriage. Christ Himself was celibate. At one point, the disciples did ask Christ if it is "expedient not to marry?" He responded that "not all can accept this teaching; but those to whom it has been given".

For many who do not understand that celibacy is not practical or just, only reduces men into animals, creatures who can't live without their sexual urges being gratified. Humans are not animals. Humans make choices about the gratification of their appetites. We can control and channel our desires in a way that sets us apart from the rest of the animal world. And again, most sexual abusers are not celibate. It's sexual license that breeds sexual abuse, not celibacy!

In a society that is completely saturated with sex, celibate priests are living proof that sexual urges can be controlled and channeled in a positive way. Far from denigrating the sexual act, celibacy acknowledges the goodness of sex within marriage by offering it up as a sacrifice to God. The sanctity of marriage is dishonored if it is treated merely as an outlet for sexual impulses. Rather, we as Christians are called to understand marriage as the inviolable commitment of a husband and wife to love and honor one another. A priest offers up a similar commitment of love to the Church, a bond that cannot be broken and that is treated with the same gravity and respect as in marriage.

Celibacy allows the priest's first priority to be the Church.

For further reading: Further discussion
edit on 14-2-2014 by lonewolf2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf2

Your living on Fantasy Island mate. That idol you have as an Avatar sums up your brainwashing.

Jeremiah 7:18 says, "... the women knead the dough, to make cakes for the queen of heaven; and they pour out drink offerings to other gods, that they may provoke Me to anger!"

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Idol?, are people still making this ridiculous claim.

Having a picture of the Blessed Virgin Mary and Jesus is only serves a reminder. Do you not have photos of your loved ones, alive or deceased on your walls to reminder for you. No different.

You wanna help Satan? Keep attacking each other. One of Satan's greatest weapons is to get us to fight each other.

God bless

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   

lonewolf2

Having a picture of the Blessed Virgin Mary and Jesus is only serves a reminder. Do you not have photos of your loved ones, alive or deceased on your walls to reminder for you. No different.

You wanna help Satan? Keep attacking each other. One of Satan's greatest weapons is to get us to fight each other.

God bless

Take one spoonful of Gnosticism three times a day for six months and Bobs your Uncle, cured. Take on an empty stomach because it can be hard to digest at first, but the parasites will be gone soon enough. God bless.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Ch4 article

Paedophile priests remain in Catholic church
By Channel 4 News Updated on 15 September 2010
A Channel 4 News investigation reveals that more than half of the Catholic priests convicted for child abuse and sentenced to more than a year in prison, in England and Wales since 2001, remain in the priesthood - with some still receiving financial support from the Church and living in church houses.

So not making much of a difference apparently.

The church told Channel 4 News that the process of dismissal can take time. "A Bishop has to apply to Rome for a priest to be laicised and neither the duration nor the outcome of the application is in the Bishop's control."

So as far as i can see even when local clergy want to dismiss they can't until Rome agrees!

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   

lonewolf2

God bless

The Christian cross and the rosary are both idols. For one, Christians specifically pray to the rosary. It's funny how Christians don'e realize that.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

The Romans killed Jesus. The Vatican is the continuation of the Roman Empire. In mho Jesus hangs from the cross in Chapels etc as a badge of honor. What these people are really saying is....LOOK FOOLS, WE KILLED YOUR MESSIAH AND YOU STILL COME AND WORSHIP TO US.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   

For one, Christians specifically pray to the rosary. It's funny how Christians don'e realize that.

I don't think that you know what a Rosary is. No one "prays to the rosary" -- it's a string of beads that Catholics use to keep track of the Rosary prayer, which is a meditation on the mysteries of Christ's life.

An idol is a false representation of a god that people worship -- no one worships the cross or a rosary.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   

adjensen

For one, Christians specifically pray to the rosary. It's funny how Christians don'e realize that.

I don't think that you know what a Rosary is. No one "prays to the rosary" -- it's a string of beads that Catholics use to keep track of the Rosary prayer, which is a meditation on the mysteries of Christ's life.

An idol is a false representation of a god that people worship -- no one worships the cross or a rosary.

O I know what a rosary is. I used to be Catholic after all. I even used to own a few of them. Counting beads and saying hail mary's for each bead. Stupid nonsense.

You see it one way, I see it another. I see prayer towards these things and so I see these things as idols. I also see the religious doing everything in their power to rationalize away these things like your post. But to each their own, that is why I stopped being Catholic and later Christian and why you are still Christian.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Krazysh0t

lonewolf2

God bless

The Christian cross and the rosary are both idols. For one, Christians specifically pray to the rosary. It's funny how Christians don'e realize that.

Prayer especially for Catholics in China and the Middle East, who are under severe persecution and could never be found with rosary beads of any kind. They are merely a tool to keep track of our prayers. They are not an end unto themselves.

Israel in Early history forbade making any representations of God because he had not revealed himself in a visible form. Given the pagan culture surrounding them, the Israelites might have been lured to worship God in the form of a natural object.

The Holy Spirit revealed himself under at least two visible forms—that of a dove, at the baptism of Jesus (Matt. 3:16; Mark 1:10; Luke 3:22; John 1:32)

The Incarnation of Christ his Son, God showed mankind an icon of himself. Paul said, "He is the image (Greek: ikon) of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation." Christ is the tangible, divine "icon" of the unseen, infinite God.
Bottom line is, when God made the New Covenant with us, he did reveal himself under a visible form in Jesus Christ. For that reason, we can make representations of God in Christ.

Christ is even symbolically represented through the Icthus or "fish emblem."

Common sense tells us that, since God has revealed himself in various images, most especially in the incarnate Jesus Christ, it’s not wrong for us to use images of these forms to deepen our knowledge and love of God. That’s why God revealed himself in these visible forms, and that’s why statues and pictures are made of them.

What anti-Catholics fail to recognize is the distinction between thinking a piece of stone or plaster is a god and desiring to visually remember Christ and the saints in heaven by making statues in their honor. The making and use of religious statues is a thoroughly biblical practice.

Anyone who says otherwise doesn’t know his Bible.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Ok. Whatever, you can call them what you want and I will call them what I want. By the way, the cross isn't a symbol representing Jesus it is a symbol representing an event, an event that Catholics worship. But whatever, this is all off topic and silly. In the end they are just artifacts of the Catholic religion.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   

DrunkYogi

The Romans killed Jesus. The Vatican is the continuation of the Roman Empire. In mho Jesus hangs from the cross in Chapels etc as a badge of honor. What these people are really saying is....LOOK FOOLS, WE KILLED YOUR MESSIAH AND YOU STILL COME AND WORSHIP TO US.

I don't know why you are so angry and hurt nor do I know your inner turmoil, I am sure you have many stories, very emotional and pain-filled, about injustices and offenses there as well. Why you must downgrade yourself in conversation to justify that decision? Well at least you admit that Jesus existed.

Regarding the Romans: the first 280 years of Christian history post Crucifixion of Jesus, Christianity was banned by the Roman Empire, and Christians were terribly persecuted. This changed after the “conversion” of the Roman Emperor Constantine.

Constantine provided religious toleration with the Edict of Milan in AD 313, effectively lifting the ban on Christianity.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   

lonewolf2

DrunkYogi

I don't know why you are so angry and hurt nor do I know your inner turmoil, I am sure you have many stories, very emotional and pain-filled, about injustices and offenses there as well. Why you must downgrade yourself in conversation to justify that decision? Well at least you admit that Jesus existed.

Regarding the Romans: the first 280 years of Christian history post Crucifixion of Jesus, Christianity was banned by the Roman Empire, and Christians were terribly persecuted. This changed after the “conversion” of the Roman Emperor Constantine.

Constantine provided religious toleration with the Edict of Milan in AD 313, effectively lifting the ban on Christianity.

Lol............There is no inner turmoil here my friend. What does annoy me though is the Pedophiles inside the Vatican and further afield. I mean their track record of dealing with it is pathetic and also very revealing. I am also annoyed that good people like yourself are being took for a ride by these frauds.

Regarding Constantine and his conversion, it was all a sham. The Roman Empire morphed into the Catholic Church and subverted the teachings of Jesus. The choose to leave out The Gnostic Gospels and other such true teachings because they couldn't reconcile the these teaching's with their chosen subverted path.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join