It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN to Vatican: Immediately Remove All Known And Suspected Child Abusers From The Clergy

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

I do not like your complacent view. So the percentage of Catholics who are pedophiles is lower than the percentage of the general USA population so that makes it all right then?

I'm glad the UN are putting pressure on the Church to report offenders. I appreciate this is a difficult dilemma for the church which preaches forgiveness for sinners including pedophiles. However, the Catholic church needs to respect the rest of society and turn these people in. Churches of whatever religion should be safe for children. There is no excuse for Churches to protect their own over children. Churches are places and institutions of spiritual purity and the Catholic church should not allow this behaviour to continue.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   
As was stated on the other thread about this:

The waters are drying up.

People are becoming less and less tolerant of false religious teachings and practices.

Those inside the Church may view this, and rightly so as a an attack on it. But it is a justly deserved one.

False religion in the book of Revelation is referred to symbolically as Babylon the great, and she is called a harlot, or a prostitute, in that she invovles herself with this world's political system of things, which is under Satan the Devil's control.

Even as we see the waters of her huge world-wide empire drying up, we can be sure that the prophecy will come true.

Jehovah's angel tells those inside false religion (including Christendom) to flee from her now while there is still time:

(Revelation 18:4) And I heard another voice out of heaven say: “Get out of her, my people, if YOU do not want to share with her in her sins, and if YOU do not want to receive part of her plagues.

She believes she sits a queen atop the world's rulers, and she says in her heart, that she will never see mourning. The clergy of Christendom, who are like white-washed walls, yet full of dead-men's bones on the inside, scoff at God's prophecy that he will repay to her what she has done, and give her the cup to drink which she has given to others. But he will do this deed, and it will come about in "one hour."

God himself will give the thought to the world's political rulers through means of the United Nations to turn upon and devastate firstly Christendom, and completely expose her for the corrupt organization she is, and she will be completely stripped naked, and then burned with fire. Next he will give justice to all the other world's false religions. He has already said it will happen, and it will, because he is strong:

(Revelation 18:6-8) . . .Render to her even as she herself rendered, and do to her twice as much, yes, twice the number of the things she did; in the cup in which she put a mixture put twice as much of the mixture for her. 7 To the extent that she glorified herself and lived in shameless luxury, to that extent give her torment and mourning. For in her heart she keeps saying, ‘I sit a queen, and I am no widow, and I shall never see mourning.’ 8 That is why in one day her plagues will come, death and mourning and famine, and she will be completely burned with fire, because Jehovah God, who judged her, is strong.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   

ispyed

I do not like your complacent view. So the percentage of Catholics who are pedophiles is lower than the percentage of the general USA population so that makes it all right then?

I'm glad the UN are putting pressure on the Church to report offenders. I appreciate this is a difficult dilemma for the church which preaches forgiveness for sinners including pedophiles. However, the Catholic church needs to respect the rest of society and turn these people in. Churches of whatever religion should be safe for children. There is no excuse for Churches to protect their own over children. Churches are places and institutions of spiritual purity and the Catholic church should not allow this behaviour to continue.

EQUAL TO or lower than the general population.....is what he said. EQUAL TO

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ispyed

Kindly cite a post of mine, including the one that you replied to, in which I indicate that I support or advocate pedophilia.

My "complacent view" is that, while there may be 4% of Catholics who are pedophiles, there are also 4% pedophiles amongst teachers, Protestant ministers, doctors and pretty much every occupation, so to think that the Catholic church, which is addressing the problem, is the root of the problem of child molestation is abjectly wrong.

I'm glad the UN are putting pressure on the Church to report offenders.

Oh, and 4% amongst United Nations employees, as well: Sex charges haunt UN forces

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   

World population - 6.9 billion people

Christians - 33.32 percent of world population
Catholics - 17 percent
Orthodox - 3.53 percent
Anglicans - 1.25 percent
Protestants - 5.78 percent

Muslims - 21 percent
Jews - 0.23 percent

IMO the only answer is to send all the religious folks straight to Heaven.

Do you want proof that most of these folks have no faith in their faith? Here you go.
Most are afraid to die and spend money on stupid things like health insurance.
Most cry when they lose a loved one. Isn't getting to Heaven a big win for these folks? Chill out, you will see you dead relatives soon enough.
How many gun toting religious survivalist preppers are out there? Wait, why slow down getting to the sheer joy of Heaven?

IMO very few of these folks really believe. In fact the only religious people I can think of that have true faith, are suicide bombers.....

The world would be a better place without any more self deluded religious hypocrites.
edit on 5-2-2014 by Mamatus because: Gwammer and speeeeling

edit on 5-2-2014 by Mamatus because: Gwammer and speeeeling

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

Eh... I'm not a fan of religion either, but I wouldn't contemplate eugenics to get rid of them.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   

FlyersFan
Here's the 'interference' part

The UN report also severely criticized the Holy See for its attitudes toward homosexuality, contraception and abortion and said it should change its own canon law to ensure children's rights and their access to health care are guaranteed.

The United Nations doesn't go around to 'Muslim rule of law' countries telling them that they have to change their laws toward homosexuality and abortion. So it has no right to try to tell the Catholic church what it should and shouldn't believe in the matters of faith.

And the United Nations demanding 'guaranteed health care' for everyone via the Catholic church ... thats interference and it's the United Nations pushing it's One World Order. Healthcare is a commodity in much of the world. And the Vatican has no way of promising that the countries around the world will suddenly all have 'Obamacare' style healthcare systems (or whatever). It's ABSURD of the United Nations to think the Vatican can control the health care of the entire planet.

THAT is the 'interference' aspect of the report.

edit on 2/5/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

In addition, the UN has been embroiled with sexual abuse scandals of its own. For the UN to call out anyone on sexual abuse is the height of hypocrisy.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   

eggman90
Of course, the response:

"The Vatican responded by saying it would examine the report - but also accused its authors of interference".

BBC News Link To Article

They actually used that word-interference-amazing.

edit on 2/5/2014 by eggman90 because: (no reason given)

The UN Committee on the Rights of the Child (UNCRC)...expressed its "deepest concern about child sexual abuse committed by members of the Catholic..."

Then the BBC article shows the hypocrisy of the UN for all to see

In a report, it also criticised Vatican attitudes towards homosexuality, contraception and abortion"

In American law, the state presumes that parents are acting in the best interests of the child, and as such, defers to the decisions of the parent - except in cases where it has proven that the parents are unfit. In contrast, the UNCRC removes this presumption and replaces it with the state. In other words, the state (UNCRC) determines what's in the best interests of the child, and so becomes the beast that it is - using its own laws to push its own morality on to all subject to those laws. Heck, wasn't this what the Catholic Church did in some centuries? How can people not see that the same tree has simply put on a new outfit?. If this UNRC deems legal bestiality in the best interests of the child, then the parents must - by law - adopt this new morality. Does nobody see this?

As such, this latest report by the Vatican is flexing it's muscles and showing its glaring moral hypocrisy. It's simply using the history of child sex abuse within the Catholic Church as pretence to push its own morality on to others by declaring it to be in the best interests of the child. How any organisation can stand up and say that homosexuality and abortion are in the best interests of the child is beyond me. But, by it's very own craftiness, it gets to......no different than the patriot act...create a problem, manage the reaction only to implement the solution - yet more law enslaving all of us and the people not yet seeing it because they fully believe the lie that it's "in the best interests of x, y or z".

The UN and Vatican are arm in arm on this 'good cop / bad cop' routine, and the outcome won't be good for any of us - it will be worse.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   

adjensen
reply to post by ispyed

Kindly cite a post of mine, including the one that you replied to, in which I indicate that I support or advocate pedophilia.

My "complacent view" is that, while there may be 4% of Catholics who are pedophiles, there are also 4% pedophiles amongst teachers, Protestant ministers, doctors and pretty much every occupation, so to think that the Catholic church, which is addressing the problem, is the root of the problem of child molestation is abjectly wrong.

I'm glad the UN are putting pressure on the Church to report offenders.

Oh, and 4% amongst United Nations employees, as well: Sex charges haunt UN forces

the info I find says that in the protestant church....it tends to not be the "clergy" but church volunteers that are the criminals.....child molesters......this doesn't make it right but

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by eggman90

It's high time the Vatican ivory tower is shaken, and that the molesters that flock to positions in the Church, where they come close to their prey, are prosecuted and removed from their positions. As soon as possible the Church's policies and cover-up of such abuse be put under heavy scrutiny and the guilty brought to trial. Catholic priests and others in their system are not above the law, there should be even stronger laws for people in such positions who are given responsibility over millions of children. The RC celibacy doctrine turns them into perverts. It's unnatural for a grown man not being married or have a sex partner of some sort. In Judaism priests can't be priests if they are not married. The same goes with rabbis. There is a reason for this: God's first command to Man:

Genesis 1:28 God blessed them and said to them, "Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air and over every living creature that moves on the ground."

Genesis 2:22 Then the LORD God made a woman from the rib he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man. 23 The man said, "This is now bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called 'woman, ' for she was taken out of man." 24 For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by UxoriousMagnus

the info I find says that in the protestant church....it tends to not be the "clergy" but church volunteers that are the criminals.....child molesters......this doesn't make it right but

You might want to have a look at this: stopbaptistpredators.org - Shining light on Baptist clergy sex abuse

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   

IMO the only answer is to send all the religious folks straight to Heaven.

Why don't you move to some of the more chaotic places in Africa? They'd afford you plenty of chances to take part of the genocides of one faith or another. The only catch is that you would have to pretend to be from anther faith, but hey, we all have to make small sacrifices to serve the greater good, right? The enemy of my enemy must be my friend ... at least until I can load him up on those cattle cars and send him off to the camps.

Do you want proof that most of these folks have no faith in their faith? Here you go.
Most are afraid to die and spend money on stupid things like health insurance.
Most cry when they lose a loved one. Isn't getting to Heaven a big win for these folks? Chill out, you will see you dead relatives soon enough.
How many gun toting religious survivalist preppers are out there? Wait, why slow down getting to the sheer joy of Heaven?

IMO very few of these folks really believe. In fact the only religious people I can think of that have true faith, are suicide bombers.....

Wow, you are trying to make Christianity a death cult.

We don't seek death. We all have a life for a reason, and it's not to seek to die as quickly as possible.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Utnapisjtim
The RC celibacy doctrine turns them into perverts.

That's dead wrong. Celibacy doesn't turn people gay or into pedophiles. Pedophilia is a sexual orientation just like heterosexuality and homosexuality are. That's why pedophiles have such a high rate of offending again after jail .... you can't 'cure' them because it's their orientation. It has nothing to do with 'how much straight adult sex' people get. Not one bit.

edit on 2/5/2014 by FlyersFan because: spelling

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Can you imagine what we would do to brown people if we caught them in the organized molestation of American children? If the Catholic church were headquartered in Tehran we'd already be giving our troops playing cards with photos of cardinals on them, even while swearing we think a UN resolution is still possible.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
OOOPS ... wrong thread. Sorry

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Priests raping children is not about sexual orientation. It is about power and control and horny priests not allowed to have a sex life, who exploit their position to rape and control children. These people are rapists. Pedophiles or not. Celibacy doctrine is sacriligious.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Utnapisjtim
Priests raping children is not about sexual orientation.

Pedophilia is a sexual orientation. It causes adults to rape children. They can not be 'cured' of pedophilia because it is a sexual orientation. Your statement that celibacy causes pedophilia is dead wrong. Celibacy doesn't effect sexual orientation because orientation is hardwired.
Toronto Star - Pedophilia Sexual Orientation.

Celibacy doctrine is sacriligious.

You are welcome to believe that if you wish. However, there ARE New Testament scripture quotes to back up the practice of celibacy of those who are in service to God. From Jesus Himself - Matthew 19:9-12 From Paul - 1 Corinthians 7 32-34. Each of the different Christian groups has their own interpretation of scripture. The celibacy interpretation of these passages may be sacrilegious to you ... but I'd bet your interpretation of 'Jesus brethren' passages would be sacrilegious to a Catholic.

The Biblical Foundation of Priestly Celibacy

At any rate, your interpretation is irrelevant. The orientation of pedophilia is what is relevant.
And celibacy has nothing to do with it.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Utnapisjtim

By your theory, since 100% of priests are required to be celibate, and 0% of Baptist pastors are not required to be celibate, 100% of Catholic priests should be found to be pedophiles, and there should be absolutely no pedophile Baptist pastors.

In reality, as I've shown, the numbers of Catholic priests and Baptist pastors who are pedophiles is about the same as those in the general population, proving that your theory is absolutely wrong.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Hmmm, I can see some of your reasoning, but what about all the sex in prisons? Are all of those individuals bisexual and gay/lesbo? Is it not circumstantial?

Pedophilia is the sexual preference of prepubescents. There is no clear indication that these individuals are pedophiles, rather than rapists exploiting their position due to circumstances.
edit on 5-2-2014 by webedoomed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

Umm, you forgot to add in all the other world religions

The CIA's World Factbook gives the population as 7,021,836,029 (July 2012 est.) and the distribution of religions as Christian 31.59% (of which Roman Catholic 18.85%, Protestant 8.15%, Orthodox 4.96%, Anglican 1.26%), Muslim 23.2%, Hindu 15.0%, Buddhist 7.1%, Sikh 0.35%, Jewish 0.2%, Baha'i 0.11%, other religions 10.95%, non-religious 9.66%, atheists 2.01%. (2010 est.).[1]

Source

Notice that non religious and atheist combined only make up 11.67% of the total world population? Religion, despite it's many flaws is still very relevant today.

Shooting off at the mouth about religion and damming it solves nothing. Encouraging and working toward stamping out child sexual abuse however is a very noble cause that everyone benefits from, religious or not.

edit on 5-2-2014 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join