UN to Vatican: Immediately Remove All Known And Suspected Child Abusers From The Clergy

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Of course, the response:

"The Vatican responded by saying it would examine the report - but also accused its authors of interference".

BBC News Link To Article

They actually used that word-interference-amazing.

edit on 2/5/2014 by eggman90 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by eggman90

What's next? The U.N. launches a war on the Vatican? Good luck with that! This won't end well if the UN is getting involved....I am against the Catholic church with their child molestors as much as the next person, but keep your effing kids away from there!!! With all the past "incidents" there shouldn't be anyone sending their kids there...Like EVER!!
edit on 2/5/2014 by Chrisfishenstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I would be surprised if they actually do anything about this, but I'm interested to see how it turns out.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Isnt that cute... the UN is flexing its muscles publically now.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I'm not a fan of the UN, but I'm all for putting pressure on the Vatican for this. They should not be let off the hook.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   
The Vatican needs to go the way of the Dodo bird. They have not only outlived their usefulness but they have protected child molesters, laundered mob money and done a tone of other nefarious things. IMO since they are their own "Country" I would suggest nothing short of a full scale invasion. It is time to lock these criminals away.

Don't even get me started on how many people have been killed by the Catholic Church.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   

eggman90
I'm not a fan of the UN, but I'm all for putting pressure on the Vatican for this. They should not be let off the hook.

I have.. reasons... for hating the Vatican and think they need to be reigned in, but if the Catholics themselves wont do it, who will. The UN has NO business strong arming ANYONE. My enemy or not.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   

I wish the U.N. had done this the first week that they formed, with Eleanor Roosevelt delivering the demand to the Vatican personally. Would have saved a lot of heartache, trauma, and ruined or detoured lives. Better late than never though.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   
1 - The United Nations is a corrupt cesspool. It has no moral authority. It has no 'bite' to go with it's bark. If it's calling for the Vatican to 'clean house' ... then it's got it's own agenda for doing so. The pedophilia scandal peaked years and years ago. So why now? The UN has a motive ... and it's something for it's own good. If it really cared it would have said something decades ago.

2 - Pope Francis already stated he is cleaning house in this matter. It was one of the first things he said back in April 2013.

Deceber 6, 2013 New York Times - Pope Setting Up Commission on Clerical Child Abuse

In his first concrete step to address the clerical sexual-abuse problem in the Roman Catholic Church, Pope Francis will establish a commission to advise him on protecting children from pedophile priests and on how to counsel victims, the Vatican said Thursday.

Soon after he became pope, Francis directed the Vatican last April to act decisively on abuse cases and punish pedophile priests, in a meeting with subordinates at the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, the church’s enforcement arm.

3 - If the United Nations cared about child abuse, they wouldn't be singling out the Catholic church alone. There is just as much abuse in the Protestant churches and in the public school system (in the USA) ... and there is sexual abuse of children in refugee camps and in child slavery and in ...... etc etc etc

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Here's the 'interference' part

The UN report also severely criticized the Holy See for its attitudes toward homosexuality, contraception and abortion and said it should change its own canon law to ensure children's rights and their access to health care are guaranteed.

The United Nations doesn't go around to 'Muslim rule of law' countries telling them that they have to change their laws toward homosexuality and abortion. So it has no right to try to tell the Catholic church what it should and shouldn't believe in the matters of faith.

And the United Nations demanding 'guaranteed health care' for everyone via the Catholic church ... thats interference and it's the United Nations pushing it's One World Order. Healthcare is a commodity in much of the world. And the Vatican has no way of promising that the countries around the world will suddenly all have 'Obamacare' style healthcare systems (or whatever). It's ABSURD of the United Nations to think the Vatican can control the health care of the entire planet.

THAT is the 'interference' aspect of the report.

edit on 2/5/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Gee, what's the U.N. gonna do if the Pope flips them off, invade?

My money is on the Vatican winning that one.....

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   

eggman90
Of course, the response:

"The Vatican responded by saying it would examine the report - but also accused its authors of interference".

BBC News Link To Article

They actually used that word-interference-amazing.

edit on 2/5/2014 by eggman90 because: (no reason given)

but if you take all the child molesters out of the Catholic church.....who will be left?

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by UxoriousMagnus

That would start with a letter W and end with letter S. I don´t believe they all are child molesters but i agree those who are shouldn´t be protected by church nor vatican. One way to end this is ending vatican as a state and observed by some unreligious management. As long as there is a state of vatican there are sick people hiding behind it´s walls.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I'm with you on all points. I'm just glad it's in the "mainstream" news (or is it?). You really have to dig for these stories sometimes.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   

but if you take all the child molesters out of the Catholic church.....who will be left?

I don't know… maybe the 1.2 billion of us who are Catholic and are not child molesters?

I ran the numbers once in an ATS thread where there were similarly ignorant statements made like yours, and the incidence of pedophiles in the Catholic church is in line with or lower than in the general US population. (Post is here)

edit on 5-2-2014 by adjensen because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I'm waiting with baited breath for the strongly worded letter from the UN to the entertainment industry demanding that they also expel all the child molesters ... waiting ... waiting ....

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   

ketsuko
I'm waiting with baited breath for the strongly worded letter from the UN to the entertainment industry demanding that they also expel all the child molesters ... waiting ... waiting ....

The entertainment industry is not a country. The Vatican is a nation - a nation with diplomats, a government, stamps, coins, etc.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   

adjensen

I don't know… maybe the 1.2 billion of us who are Catholic and are not child molesters?

I ran the numbers once in an ATS thread where there were similarly ignorant statements made like yours, and the incidence of pedophiles in the Catholic church is in line with or lower than in the general US population. (Post is here)

edit on 5-2-2014 by adjensen because: (no reason given)

I was meaning more in the hierarchy of the church and should have stated either child molesters or those who cover it up. There is no denying that the Catholic hierarchy has a policy of molesting kids and covering it up.

As for the general believer in Christ and person who chose to go to mass to worship.....you are right most of them are good people and not child molesters or condone such things.

But....these are leaders of the faith.....they should not be matching numbers as the general public in crimes especially ones involving sex acts with children.....but if that is your argument.....ok

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
There's just too much power in religious institutions.

The beliefs were always a means of control. Those controls are no longer needed.

We have contraception, condoms, potable water, sanitizers, and police to enforce authority.

We need to rid humanity of the delusional thought for a need to interact with this supposed God by any human-based institution.

I mean no disrespect to people who believe in the concept of God. Didn't Jesus say the temple is within? Pray as you see fit, but trust no man who claims to have special abilities to communicate with a higher being.

There's no good that comes out of institutions which have this much power.
edit on 5-2-2014 by webedoomed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Aleister

ketsuko

The entertainment industry is not a country. The Vatican is a nation - a nation with diplomats, a government, stamps, coins, etc.

Oh, waiting for the UN to write a strongly worded letter to all countries harboring the entertainment industry to order them to clean out the child molesters in the entertainment industry ... waiting ... waiting ...

Better?

new topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join