It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HUGE event just happened in Missouri !:13 pm 2/3/14

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 12:21 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

Reading backwards on this thread because at the same time I attempted to contact a UFO reporting agency that the event was happening now, I saw that my long lost sister had contacted me after 40 plus years. Add that to the situation this was in the moment. A series of mysterious events? A convergence of incredible proportions.

I read your post and it makes solid sense. I will do my best to follow your advice.

I cannot help what I saw, yes it was emotional, carried it through the entire afternoon and night, had my sons birthday to throw, talked with my long lost sibling, could not get back on line to ATS. AR1967 sunspot? M82 supernova? I would love to read an explanation of at least the energy blast and the giant Halo. As a surfer, a sun lover, out door enthusiast and an avid observer, I have never seen anything like it. There was a double sun dog this afternoon shortly or minutes after I left this thread, called the kids to look at it, but no, no evidence of that either.

Just slipped on for a few minutes to see if any facts surfaced or more witness's came forward. I will continue to read backwards again tomorrow because I am just perplexed and in all reality do not want to chalk it up to personal experience and the unknowable. The worst thing running through my mind is that I witnessed 5 fighter jets gun down a UFO.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 12:24 AM
link   
First thing tomorrow I will call various media outlets as well as any other agencies people might report this to and see if I can find anything. Any suggestions of agencies to call are welcome as I have no clue. Like I said, I live very close, maybe 20 minutes from Midway airport in Chicago and hear planes all day. What I heard today sent a chill through my bones as I know what I heard was NOT a man-made craft. I don't jump to conclusions and have never had anything crazy happen to me nor am I looking for something crazy to happen to me for publicity or some other agenda. I signed up to give my experience on this topic as I believe it is directly related. To kind of describe the noise which I failed to do in my previous post, it sounded like a warbling noise, kind of like a metallic drum making a 'whoop whoop whoop whoop' noise (sorry for the immaturity as its hard to describe) and it was LOUD. Never have I ever heard a plane that loud, ever. The noise was so distinct I jumped up and ran outside to try an catch a glimpse to no avail. I have a damn good intuition and primal instincts. My 'gut feeling' is almost always correct. This noise sent my primal instincts into a panic that I have never felt before. I will report my finding from news outlets and the like tomorrow. Any questions you have will be welcomed and answered.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I made it, I made! 28 pages read! Immediate disclaimer: I just sat here & read 28 pages without a break, if I ask something that's been asked already, forgive my tired sieve of a brain at 1am eastern for not retaining it.

What I can gather right away is that first boom followed by a second boom shortly after, was definitely & indisputably a sonic boom. I live not too far from MacDill AFB, and they host an annual air show. Ergo, depending on what's flying, we hear sonic booms. Kennedy is also right across the state here, and the shuttles' return path was right over us from time to time, they produced sonic booms. She heard a sonic boom, no doubt.

Second, a quick google told me Whiteman hosts their own air show, Wings Over Whiteman (though they won't this year? I didn't dig too deep into schedules) Dogfights do still go on at airshows, but as far as I know, that's generally just a pair up against each other. My next question is, does Whiteman have or occasionally host a squadron apt to fly formations for shows? I ask because if so, if they're slated for a show at a different base elsewhere this year, Antar may have witnessed a practice run for an upcoming show. I'm no aviation expert on this and don't know if practice runs would even be done right now, but it's worth asking (paging Zaphod! You'd know the answer!)

Next thing is the burn. Antar, you gotta be more specific. Heat burn resulting in flushed skin? Sunburn? Chemical burn? Friction burn (i.e like rug burn) What was the characteristics, patchy/blotchy? Even steven sunburn? Any possible rashes, welts or hives? This might seem pointless, but if it was directly related to something, it is important to make note so you can get proper treatment if you haven't already. I'm not suggesting you had chemicals literally fall out of the sky on you, if you were handling cleaning chemicals, or even hippie-friendly homemade vinegar & oils stuff, that could produce skin irritation or hypersensitivity. Furthermore, are you using anything (prescription, OTC, herbal) that may make you hypersensitive to the sun? Stuff you'd never think about like supplements, skin lotions, even perfume can do that. What you're taking/using is also an important factor to consider alongside snow cover (UV reflectivity factor) & duration outside.

I do have to agree with a poster who suggested a seizure. It does sound an awful lot like the symptoms of one. It would make for one heck of a mind-bleep to see a formation flying past, a stunning winter halo, and then to have a seizure mess with your visual & auditory senses at the same time. Just to be on the safe side, I'd try very hard to be seen. If you have an undiagnosed seizure disorder, ignoring it could bite you in the backside if you happen to have one on the road (I'm not fear-mongering to simply monger, that's a total lack of control & awareness in a fast-moving hunk of metal that could end very badly)

In short, I don't think you saw nothing at all, I think you saw something very normal, and your perception was (not to be mean) warped & beyond your control. That's all.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by SubTruth

It is OK ST, I see these types of posts made by people who are deeply afraid. It is at best diversionary and gets in the way of discovery through a collective interest. I am surprised at the length of discussion on this topic, so many people standing in solidarity. I am more than humbled and know there are people on here reading that do know something but are not at liberty to say. This event was outside the perimeters of anything mainstream or known. OK I am exhausted, talk tomorrow if you would like.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 12:29 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 12:31 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Nyiah

One thing, I am very much a well grounded person and in the moment all was beautiful and well in the world. My vision and ability to observe impeccable. I say this in all humility.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Nyiah
I made it, I made! 28 pages read! Immediate disclaimer: I just sat here & read 28 pages without a break, if I ask something that's been asked already, forgive my tired sieve of a brain at 1am eastern for not retaining it.

What I can gather right away is that first boom followed by a second boom shortly after, was definitely & indisputably a sonic boom. I live not too far from MacDill AFB, and they host an annual air show. Ergo, depending on what's flying, we hear sonic booms. Kennedy is also right across the state here, and the shuttles' return path was right over us from time to time, they produced sonic booms. She heard a sonic boom, no doubt.

Second, a quick google told me Whiteman hosts their own air show, Wings Over Whiteman (though they won't this year? I didn't dig too deep into schedules) Dogfights do still go on at airshows, but as far as I know, that's generally just a pair up against each other. My next question is, does Whiteman have or occasionally host a squadron apt to fly formations for shows? I ask because if so, if they're slated for a show at a different base elsewhere this year, Antar may have witnessed a practice run for an upcoming show. I'm no aviation expert on this and don't know if practice runs would even be done right now, but it's worth asking (paging Zaphod! You'd know the answer!)

Next thing is the burn. Antar, you gotta be more specific. Heat burn resulting in flushed skin? Sunburn? Chemical burn? Friction burn (i.e like rug burn) What was the characteristics, patchy/blotchy? Even steven sunburn? Any possible rashes, welts or hives? This might seem pointless, but if it was directly related to something, it is important to make note so you can get proper treatment if you haven't already. I'm not suggesting you had chemicals literally fall out of the sky on you, if you were handling cleaning chemicals, or even hippie-friendly homemade vinegar & oils stuff, that could produce skin irritation or hypersensitivity. Furthermore, are you using anything (prescription, OTC, herbal) that may make you hypersensitive to the sun? Stuff you'd never think about like supplements, skin lotions, even perfume can do that. What you're taking/using is also an important factor to consider alongside snow cover (UV reflectivity factor) & duration outside.

I do have to agree with a poster who suggested a seizure. It does sound an awful lot like the symptoms of one. It would make for one heck of a mind-bleep to see a formation flying past, a stunning winter halo, and then to have a seizure mess with your visual & auditory senses at the same time. Just to be on the safe side, I'd try very hard to be seen. If you have an undiagnosed seizure disorder, ignoring it could bite you in the backside if you happen to have one on the road (I'm not fear-mongering to simply monger, that's a total lack of control & awareness in a fast-moving hunk of metal that could end very badly)

In short, I don't think you saw nothing at all, I think you saw something very normal, and your perception was (not to be mean) warped & beyond your control. That's all.

Thanks for this well thought out post. I'd be sad if this guy ended up having a seizure somewhere where he couldn't get help or no one in his immediate family knew he had a condition like this. I got a lot of flack for suggesting it might be a mental problem, but I'm not familiar with a lot of these conditions so I didn't know what to call it. Hopefully your silver tongue convinces him to get some help in case it's something serious. Cheers

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 12:35 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Pictures or it didnt happen!

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 12:38 AM
link   
..i don't get this whole topic?

about 2 years ago i was at a bus stop with my dad, it was early evening and had been dark for about 30 mins.. we're waiting for this bus, and i notice a blue ball of light falling out of the sky, pretty far off in the distance, it seems to 'land' about 2-3 suburbs away, it kinda looked and moved like a falling ember (ash)
but it didn't actually 'land', as it reached approx. ground level, my dad also spots it, managing to stutter out something like "hey look, what's that?" (so we're both watching it at this point)
at this point the ball seems to split into 2-3 more balls (we couldn't tell) and it's (they're) doing a gigantic loop-de-loop, like they're on some invisible massive roller-coaster.. the course they followed must have been at least 2 suburbs large!?
it was all over as soon as it began (lasted total about 6-7 seconds)
i made some phone calls and even put up notices at local shops asking if anyone had seen it?
nothing.

it's not the "nothing" in this topic that i can't understand..
..it's the lack of effort

i wonder if this person put up notices at their local shops, asked their neighbors if they saw anything, etc..

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 12:41 AM
link   
"i wonder if this person put up notices at their local shops, asked their neighbors if they saw anything, etc.."

Because in the real world. That will get you locked up. But here you get some flags .

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Advantage
reply to post by mduran9166

I looked on the usual places and read several accounts of this in and around the Chicago area. Even folks on Topix were talking about it. That was a few hrs ago though.

I wouldnt expect the FAA to have any word to anyone on this stuff.. unless people start hollering and the media picks it up.

What 'usual' places did you look in? I am trying to gather up as much information as I can on this to see how it stacks up with my account of this. Google is of no use as all I get is UFO reports that aren't related. I'm not sure what the FAA is (forgive me, I'm not so 'in tune' with different agencies and such) but I will call them tomorrow. ATS is my lifeline for this sort of news as I don't even watch TV. If I find something interesting, I delve into my own research on the matter. Had I not seen this thread, I would have written off the noise as some sort of plane that made a weird noise as I had nothing to go on aside from this feeling I have never experienced. I can't stress enough that I hear planes all day and have never heard anything even CLOSE to what I heard in the morning and it made me run out in the cold. It was that odd and distinct of a noise and set off my 'spidey sense' if you will. As soon as the noise became audible, I clearly remember thinking in my head 'what the hell kind of plane/helicopter is making that noise'. And it was LOUD. It's sad to know that nothing will ever come of this but now I am inclined to give people a little bit more benefit of the doubt. Let me just highlight that my first reaction wasn't UFO but rather 'plane/helicopter'. This sound was neither.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Nyiah

Missouri is home to a number of different interesting places. You have Whiteman which is home to, among other aircraft, the B-2 fleet. You also have Boeing Fighter which makes the F-18 and F-15, and most interesting of all, Boeing Phantom Works.

It almost certainly not from Whiteman. They have the B-2, T-38, and A-10. There are other units around though, that fly F-15s.

As for practice, training goes on all the time as long as they have money in the budget.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I take it the fact that there was a ufo crash in that area years before Roswell, complete with bodies prayed over by a Priest and photo evidence has been covered just like I assume the old story of Sasquatch Shock troops created from dna sequencing technology recovered from the crash site and taken to Ft Wood has also been mentioned?

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 01:09 AM
link   

MadMax9
reply to post by antar

And in the modern age where EVERYONE has a phone with a camera......

Max, not EVERYONE has a phone with a camera - not everyone has a desire to be like everybody else just because you want to fit in. I have no need for a phone with a camera. My telephone hangs on the wall of my home. I don't require it to have the ability to travel along with me, I use it at the house. It works just like it has for decades. Besides, I have several cameras that function like, well.... cameras.

If the OP doesn't fit in with what you think the modern age is supposed to be, that's all right. So she doesn't have a camera phone, that doesn't make her story any less real to her. Or any less believable by us.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

You have a good attitude Antar. Some people here have taken into looking into properly investigating the incident, while others have already begun to offer ways to explain it away. Perhaps something conclusive will shed light on the situation in the coming days. I suspect it will be difficult to find witnessed given that you live in a rural area, and the chances of corroboration are slim. If you spend time around towns who are accustomed to air force activity, you will notice how few are the people who look up. Terre Haute comes to mind. It can be quite maddening to try and convince others that what you have experienced is real. Even if you had the pictures to back it up, you would still have the nay sayers. I was foolish enough to post classified documents to back up my credentials when posting on more conventional scientific concerns and people still blew me off, made jokes, and questioned my sanity. It takes courage to come out and say you saw what looked like a flying saucer being hunted down by jets. Opinion really is not relevant. In truth, mankind will always be dragged into the future kicking and screaming, but it is those who look up who make life interesting.

AX
FTNWO

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 01:16 AM
link   

mduran9166

Advantage
reply to post by mduran9166

I looked on the usual places and read several accounts of this in and around the Chicago area. Even folks on Topix were talking about it. That was a few hrs ago though.

I wouldnt expect the FAA to have any word to anyone on this stuff.. unless people start hollering and the media picks it up.

What 'usual' places did you look in? I am trying to gather up as much information as I can on this to see how it stacks up with my account of this. Google is of no use as all I get is UFO reports that aren't related. I'm not sure what the FAA is (forgive me, I'm not so 'in tune' with different agencies and such) but I will call them tomorrow. ATS is my lifeline for this sort of news as I don't even watch TV. If I find something interesting, I delve into my own research on the matter. Had I not seen this thread, I would have written off the noise as some sort of plane that made a weird noise as I had nothing to go on aside from this feeling I have never experienced. I can't stress enough that I hear planes all day and have never heard anything even CLOSE to what I heard in the morning and it made me run out in the cold. It was that odd and distinct of a noise and set off my 'spidey sense' if you will. As soon as the noise became audible, I clearly remember thinking in my head 'what the hell kind of plane/helicopter is making that noise'. And it was LOUD. It's sad to know that nothing will ever come of this but now I am inclined to give people a little bit more benefit of the doubt. Let me just highlight that my first reaction wasn't UFO but rather 'plane/helicopter'. This sound was neither.

The usual places folks go on the internet to report the junk they see.. like Mufon, UFOstalker, etc.. but I looked at Topix and local message boards like topix to see if anyone wrote a thread about it. Im NOT a UFO person, no experiences, nada. Its just an interesting subject. It was an interesting grey area thread. Since Antar is relatively close to me, I looked locally.

The FAA likely wont talk to you. Theyre the federal aviation administration. When there are largely reported anomalies and the press gets wind of it and gets a statement from them.. youre lucky. Usually they will say its neither confirmed or denied. NIDS usually deals with FAA UFO reports now.. so I read anyway. NIDS is National Institute for Discovery Sciences. You have to remember.. UFO doesnt mean ALIENS or extraterrestrial crafts. Its means exactly what it is.. UNIDENTIFIED.

new topics

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join