It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If gay were straight, and straight were gay.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Firstly, I did a search trying to see if this had been posted. And I did not find anything anywhere near this. And it seems this would be the better forum to post this in.

Alright, now to the topic at hand. I came across this video around an hour and a half ago while surfing Facebook. And I decided to pass it along to you all. The following video is a short 20-minute film about how the world may be if the tables were turned, and gay people were actually straight, and straight people were gay.

It's a pretty good video. I'll admit it was a bit dramatic. But to be fair, there have been a lot of things like this that have happened, some not as bad, and some even worse. Though, I have to say that it illustrates a pretty good picture as to how absurd a lot of people treat homosexuals in today's world. And as far as the whole "Well, if everyone were gay, how would there be any people?" Within the video they mention something like a 'breeding period.' Which obviously is a period in time where men and women come together in order to reproduce. But outside of that, it is the equivalent of homosexuality today. And inside of the video they mentioned that it also would be a 'sin' within the religion for this world.

I can already sense people are going to bring up the whole reproduction thing a whole lot. But just try and imagine how things would be like if you were heterosexual in this world. Wouldn't be hard since most people are in fact heterosexuals, myself included. And also, please don't try and go crazy with religious theologies. Although it may be inevitable. That is not the purpose as to why I am posting this video. So please try and keep it clean.

After watching feel free to chime in with your thoughts. All are welcome.

And for those of you too busy to watch the video at the moment, I will give a spoiler at the bottom.

Spoiler alert!
Spoiler alert!

If you do not wish to know what happens in the video before watching, do not read the following.

Basically the video is about a little girl who is a heterosexual (heterosexuals are considered gay in this world, and vice versa.) Due to her heterosexuality she is being harassed by her peers frequently. And even some adults mention their dislike towards it. Later into the video she is being chased down, beaten up, and marked on. She comes home humiliated to her mothers. She then goes upstairs and commits suicide in the bathroom.

So, that pretty much wraps 'er up. Hope you all enjoyed the video. And hope to see your comments soon.

-Ling

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Hi Lingweenie!

Your thread reminds me of an old documentary (from the 50's maybe?) that I watched in public school, many years ago.
The movie was about a teacher who did some experiments with her classroom students.
She put them in groups according to eye colour.
For a certain length of time, one particular eye colour was considered to be 'bad' or 'wrong', and each colour had it's turn.
The idea behind the experiment was to teach the kids what it's like to be bullied (and labelled) for something over which they had no control.
I always have remembered this, and thought it was a clever idea to show children how it's wrong to pick on someone because of their appearance, etc. If I remember correctly, the kids all hated being in the 'wrong colour' and were quite responsive to the lesson.

Same idea as this film. Put yourself in the other person's shoes.
S&F
jacygirl

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Wow ... that was like watching a train wreck. I admit I skipped past 'your spoiler.' I think that really puts the subject into perspective and I'm very interested to see what other comments are gonna come up in this thread. S&F

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Lingweenie

Great Thread S&F

Unfortunately some people lack the ability to show empathy towards others so I am sure this thread will end up bashing the LGBT community again.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   

jacygirl
Hi Lingweenie!

Your thread reminds me of an old documentary (from the 50's maybe?) that I watched in public school, many years ago.
The movie was about a teacher who did some experiments with her classroom students.
She put them in groups according to eye colour.
For a certain length of time, one particular eye colour was considered to be 'bad' or 'wrong', and each colour had it's turn.
The idea behind the experiment was to teach the kids what it's like to be bullied (and labelled) for something over which they had no control.
I always have remembered this, and thought it was a clever idea to show children how it's wrong to pick on someone because of their appearance, etc. If I remember correctly, the kids all hated being in the 'wrong colour' and were quite responsive to the lesson.

Same idea as this film. Put yourself in the other person's shoes.
S&F
jacygirl

I would have been an outcast no matter what. There weren't many people with green eyes in my school, in fact I don't remember anyone having green eyes. Lots of blue and hazel eyes. When you are different than others you sometimes put yourself into a box because you are different. This is something to consider also. A student who is not like others feels awkward sometimes because of the difference. It is not always bullying that causes a kid to not like school. A hispanic child may feel awkward in an all white school even though everyone is friendly. He puts himself into a box to become invisible to others or overly tries to fit into a nitch in the school. We can't change that easily. The same situation may occur with timid gay kids. Most of us know how bullies will target kids who don't have confidence to counteract them. This is not an easy fix, one size does not fit all when dealing with the personality.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   
stupid queastion as all the homosexuals would die out pretty fast leaving only the hetros anyway.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

Its asking you to hypotheses the question and in the OP was the following statement to just your comment!

Lingweenie
how would there be any people?" Within the video they mention something like a 'breeding period.'

edit on 31.1.2014 by flammadraco because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   

rickymouse
I would have been an outcast no matter what. There weren't many people with green eyes in my school, in fact I don't remember anyone having green eyes. Lots of blue and hazel eyes. When you are different than others you sometimes put yourself into a box because you are different. This is something to consider also. A student who is not like others feels awkward sometimes because of the difference. It is not always bullying that causes a kid to not like school. A hispanic child may feel awkward in an all white school even though everyone is friendly. He puts himself into a box to become invisible to others or overly tries to fit into a nitch in the school. We can't change that easily. The same situation may occur with timid gay kids. Most of us know how bullies will target kids who don't have confidence to counteract them. This is not an easy fix, one size does not fit all when dealing with the personality.

Hey rickymouse!
I was an outcast in school, for numerous reasons.
We moved a lot, so I was always the 'new kid'. I was taller than most of the teachers, never mind the students. We were poor and I didn't have the cool clothes. I was an only child.
No matter where I went to school, there was always some poor kid that got picked on more than me. That was the kid I befriended.
It wasn't because I needed friends, I always managed to find some. But the other kid...I wanted him/her to know that they had at least ONE friend in that damn place!
To this day, if someone is being bullied...I will defend them. It's my nature true, but I also know how it feels, and I wouldn't wish that on anyone.
jacygirl

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I think I've read this in college. It's called The Wanting Seed by Anthony Burgess.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
If it were that way, than the georgia guidestones would get their depopulation wish. Population would be extremely lower.
Firepiston

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by jacygirl

Its a shame that there are not more people like you in the World

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   
1959 episode of Twilight Zone

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   

flammadraco
reply to post by jacygirl

Its a shame that there are not more people like you in the World

Aww geez, flammadraco...thank you! What a lovely thing to say!
I have met a lot of really great people, but sadly I've met many more who were just selfish.
I'm not perfect in any respect, but I do have a kind and generous soul.
I just wish that people in general would realize that it's quite simple to choose to be kind.

jacygirl

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   

crazyewok
stupid queastion as all the homosexuals would die out pretty fast leaving only the hetros anyway.

Well, I never asked a question, and never asked for answers. And not exactly. As I said in the OP the video mentions a breeding period. Or a mating season if you will.

However, there are other ways to achieve pregnancy without penetration in modern life. By that I mean surrogacy and artificial insemination. I'd like to think this approach would be one that the more radical people would end up doing instead in this reality. Especially since there would be the issue of cheating on your husbands/wives. But that would be speculative. The video doesn't go super deep into all of the politics. It wasn't supposed to.

I had foreseen that people would babble about the issue of reproduction, rather than see the point that the video is trying to make.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   

If straight people were gay, and gay people were straight, that would mean that 10% of the world would procreate.

Our entire species would be extinct within one generation.

Think about that one much?

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Yes let's just make 90% of the world aritificially inseminate each other....That's not Orwelian at all...No it's nothing like a New World Order where people are artifically made and natural love and sex are banished. Jesus christ man, think about what you're saying.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   

What I think is good about this video is it shows how sick human behavior is in general. If the video was set without the gay / straight reversal, it wouldn't be as easy to see how bias works. I personally don't like bias at all -

For example, the part where the mom makes the kids walk twice as long to school in order to be rude and avoid the hetero couple - stuff like this makes me sick due to how destructive it is - yet people promote this kind of behavior all the time and even think they are making the world a better place.

edit on 31amFri, 31 Jan 2014 11:06:00 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   

crazyewok

But...but...heterosexual couples give birth to homosexuals, so really....they wouldn't die out, would they?

Also, if 'homo' was the norm (instead of 'hetero"), perhaps many 'hetero' people would live in fake same-sex relationships, just to appear to be normal? (A lot of 'homo' people get married, or live with someone...so as to not be recognized as 'homo'). In which case, they would probably secretly have 'hetero' relationships, resulting in pregnancies....so no one group would 'die out'.

jacygirl

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   

jacygirl
=
It wasn't because I needed friends, I always managed to find some. But the other kid...I wanted him/her to know that they had at least ONE friend in that damn place!
To this day, if someone is being bullied...I will defend them. It's my nature true, but I also know how it feels, and I wouldn't wish that on anyone.
jacygirl

Same here, and it is rewarding to have true friends, I could never go with having a family or friends like many of those shown in the video, it would make me sick.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   

ScrufferMcGruffer

Yes let's just make 90% of the world aritificially inseminate each other....That's not Orwelian at all...No it's nothing like a New World Order where people are artifically made and natural love and sex are banished. Jesus christ man, think about what you're saying.

So, first you don't read my full OP and go on about how 90% of the population couldn't reproduce. Now your getting angry at me for trying to explain a fictitious video the best that I can with the details that were provided? Are you thinking that I am some how advocating a world like this or something? Your taking the video a bit to seriously. And you're not seeing why this video was made in the first place.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join