It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deciphering the Pagan Stones

page: 92
<< 89  90  91    93  94  95 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 05:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Wifibrains

Yea the Catholic church did a good deal of this. But thats what you get from converted pagans many times! Thats why there is what you call the protestants.

But yes they certainly did try to incorporate many things under one roof.

edit on 8-12-2014 by Logarock because: n

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 03:53 AM
link   
To cut a long story short - I'm just back from up north, came across a book, checked it out... I've been dying to get back here and share it!

One of the finest stone circles in the north of England, the circle has a diameter of about 350 feet, the second biggest in the country. Long Meg is the tallest of the 69 stones, about 12 feet high, with three mysterious symbols, its four corners facing the points of the compass and standing some 60 feet outside the circle.

The stones probably date from about 1500 BC, and it was likely to have been used as a meeting place or for some form of religious ritual. Long Meg is made of local red sandstone, whereas the daughters are boulders of rhyolite, a form of granite.

William Wordsworth wrote ‘Next to Stonehenge it is beyond dispute the most notable relic that this or probably any other country contains.’

Visit Cumbria

One of the symbols on Long Meg - the reason I looked into Long Meg's circle:

Picty/Celticy - no surprises there. But what is this? Once the stones are identified in position, things become interesting..

And a clearer image where a shape becomes obvious:

There is no doubt now in my mind that the crescent and V rod represent a stone circle calendar with the quarter days highlighted. In the second image, if you take the line from the winter solstice stone to the Beltane stone instead, I would bet you would get our angle on the V-rod precisely. Aargh Log, I really think you've cracked this one!!
edit on 10-12-2014 by beansidhe because: sp

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 04:03 AM
link   

That is something interesting. There's something about the Masons, I'm sure of it! There's also the strange comment from Columba -well from his biographer - 'Christ is my Druid'. I can't remember where in this thread it is now, but I'm sure Christianity or Old Testament Chritianity as I'm calling it, for want of a better phrase, was what the Druids taught, and was well known in Scotland long before Columba. It's this line of thinking that invariably ends up back at Rosslyn chapel, and there's definitely something interesting there!
I was going to write a thread on the Book of Kells when I got back, and I think I will just for this very line of thinking.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

Good show.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

The "triangle" lines come into to the earth on the QUARTER DAYS between Solstice and Equinox......those being Beltane and Samhain. Both these points are marked by the Gibbous Moon and the Balsamil Moon which are both represented in the shape presented in the Pict stone. Although in one case it is seen as quarter moon shining and in the other quarter moon darkened.

The triangle seen again at Orkney, at Brodgar:

and in Aberdeen:

and even over at New Grange:

Same angle each time, showing the quarter days; the Kelpie at samhain and gemini (?) at Beltane. This is exciting stuff - we've only got the double discs left!!!!!
edit on 12-12-2014 by beansidhe because: wrong pic

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Also the two lines that cross the V would actually arc across the sky if you were standing on the ground crating the crescent.

I can see it now log.

In symbol the space in between is highlighted with knot work, which must be a symbol for something in itself? A season perhaps?

And this picture confirms the crescent vrods correct orientation as a symbol, or is pointing to different days to the one above?

edit on 12-12-2014 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Is there anything on the significance of the megalith placed outside of that stone circle bean?

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   

If the crescent and vrod can be related to stone circles perhaps the double discs can be too?

Here is a modern rendition of a stone circle calender...

edit on 12-12-2014 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Rings and circles (and vrods) galore....

www.spirasolaris.ca...

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wifibrains
Is there anything on the significance of the megalith placed outside of that stone circle bean?

The one at Brodgar? Or long Meg? I shall, of course, find out!

And this picture confirms the crescent vrods correct orientation as a symbol, or is pointing to different days to the one above?

Good question. I'm going to have a look and see how many crescents and V-rods are orientated in each direction.

If the crescent and vrod can be related to stone circles perhaps the double discs can be too?

That's what I'm starting to believe too. Thanks for the graph of Fernhill, that's ideal. This has been hidden in plain sight all along. What a mish-mash of stuff the Picts collected!

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Look at this too!

Could it be...

There is a much more interesting number connected to the Aubrey holes. 360° ÷ 56 = 6.4285714°. In the diagram below all the black dots, Suns and Moons are all positions of the full Moon. The ones in the central zone are full Winter Moons which become involved with eclipses of both the Sun and Moon at both the Winter and Summer Solstices.

thothistheibis.wordpress.com...

I also noticed some patterns you two were discussing earlier in the geometry of the supposed construction of the Aubrey holes around Stonehenge...

With a hint of a cauldron in there too?
edit on 18-12-2014 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Published dec 10 2014

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   

edit on 18-12-2014 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Wow that is something! Going to watch your videos right now....

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I don't want to lose sight of Log's quarter-days idea but I do want to look at cup and ring marks and Aubrey holes. And what do you know?

An examination of Georg and Vera Leisner' s published ground plans of passage tombs in the administrative district of Evora in central Portugal reveals an exceptional conformity in the orientation of their passages . It is here suggested that observations of the rising of the first full moon , or sightings of the first lunar crescent , which followed the vernal equinox , were instrumental in orienting the passages .

Furthermore , it is suggested that polished slate plates , often adomed with elaborate engravings of zoomorphic features , sometimes found i n large numbers i n grave chambers , may be linked symbolically with the moon implying a lunar cult among the people responsible for erecting the monuments.

Curt Roslund , Department of Astronomy , Gothenburg University , SE-41 2 9 6 Gothenburg , Sweden
Yasmin e Kristiansen , Department o f Archaeohgy , Lun d University , SE-22 3 5 0 Lund , Sweden
Birgitt a Hårdh , Department of Archaeology , Lund University , SE-22 3 5 0 Lund , Sweden .

Portugese Passsage Graves in Light of the Easter Moon

And again:

Stonehenge is a fine example of a prehistoric monument so designed that the first rays of the rising sun on a particulardate, midsummer morning, penetrate the edifice all theway to its centre, illuminating the whole interior in theprocess (Pasztor et a1. 2000: 112-113). A similar light and shadow effect can be seen in the cup-and-ring carvings when the rising sun on the winter quarter-days lights up the groove leading to the central cup and fills it with a red glow.

... the first full moon after the vernal equinox,the Easter Full Moon, and the last full moon before the autumn equinox, the Harvest Full Moon, could be alternative contenders.Calculations show that these moons, when they reach an altitude of 11 degrees, on an average will appear at an azimuth of 30 degrees south of east. A strong case for the Easter Full Moon to have been used for orientating prehistoric monuments is found for passage tombs around Evora in central Portugal. They are so orientated that the rising Easter Full Moon could shine through the passageway and light up the central polygonal chamber (Roslund eta1. 2000: 1-12)

Cup and ring markings in Kilmartin

So Easter moon and Samhain moon. Both papers are worth a read; I'm going to need to spend more time on them because I find them complicated. But this is the right track, I'm certain.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   

I can't watch your video - something about a plug-in not responding? This computer does this from time to time, and then it sorts itself out. I'll keep trying!

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   

New thread to check out!

Thread

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

Hey Log!! I got side-tracked by Wifi's aubrey holes, but I haven't forgotten!

Heading to thread right now...

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Thought I'd revive this thread.

After our discussion in the sun god/king thread some symbols in a video, along with the theme of that thread seem to decode the cauldron and crescent v-rod... Check it out!

In the stone glyph we see the v pointing to a symbol called the cauldron...

in this pic we see the v pointing towards Apollo, a sun god...

And in another..well, just look!...

The word graal, as it is earliest spelled, comes from Old French graal or greal, cognate with Old Provençal grazal and Old Catalan gresal, meaning "a cup or bowl of earth, wood, or metal"

A link to that thread for ref: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Log you might be interested in how this video explains spiritual experiences altering mind without using mind altering substances...

edit on 31-3-2015 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-3-2015 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 89  90  91    93  94  95 >>

join