It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mystery Religion – Jesus (The Sun of God)

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by pleasethink

I have enjoyed listening to your posts. Nice to meet you.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

The theory put forward in the OP and supported by many of us, is NOT based in sorcery, spells, astrology or any kind of "craft". It's based in "cosmology".

The "Christ" story is the story of the ages. It's metaphor for the solar, planetary and stellar associations and the duality of the physical and spiritual. As above So below. It is Jewish mysticism, pagan mysteries, Christ consciousness and Buddhism, NeoPlatism, Gnosis, Pythagorean and Zorastorean philosophy all balled up into one "Universal" religion!

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

This is called Theosophy, not Christianity. But I really can't start again. Stamina level low.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Thank you sir. Most relevant post of the thread to you. It is also kind to find someone who appreciates truth. I might be back tomorrow, it is hard to debate with people who don't use facts to substantiate claims. Hope to hear more from you.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by pleasethink

Nope. It's called "Christianity" and there's a bunch of different sects, around 80,000 I understand!

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   

And hundreds if not thousands of varying individual interpretations within each of those denominations. Christianity is the most confused religion of them all it seems. You'd think the actual word of god would be a little more concrete than that. If anything, Christianity wasn't invented to spread truth, it was invented to spread confusion.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 05:16 AM
link   

You are at the same disadvantage concerning christianity as I am at concerning astrology. I was trained as an astronomer, a science,but know jack crap about astrology, a pseudoscince, beyond the very basics and what has been said in this thread - none of which adds up to the premise of the OP.

Astronomers tend to take issue with astrologers because the latter reformat the stars to their liking, rather than taking them as they are and dealing with what IS.

In a similar vein, my hackles were raised over your use of the word "cosmology", which is an actual science, before I recalled that there is also a "cosmology" that is not, but is instead a pseudoscince, which I presume you were referring to.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Christianity spreads truth to "the elect", and confusion to everyone else.

34"Do not think that I came to bring peace on the earth; I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. 35"For I came to SET A MAN AGAINST HIS FATHER, AND A DAUGHTER AGAINST HER MOTHER, AND A DAUGHTER-IN-LAW AGAINST HER MOTHER-IN-LAW;…

Matthew 10:34-35

Says so right there in their book.

If it confuses you, I guess we know where you stand in the grand scheme.

edit on 2014/2/4 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 07:10 AM
link   
self-edit
thread drift

edit on 2/4/14 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   
This thread seems to have gone from debating information to stroking ego’s.

I’d like to ask the mods to take a look at this thread and identify members which find it necessary to go off tangent and derail the topic.

I most likely will not partake in this thread anymore as it seems hopeless.

There seems to be five members in this discussion, three who are providing sufficient claims and arguments whilst two others provide their opinions.

Of the two who I seem to be trying to create reasonable ground, one seems to find it necessary to go off topic whilst the other appears only to reply to certain members.

I think I’ll rather save my time than try and “wake up” two incompetent people.

Anyway, I’d like to thank some members for their exhausting participation in my first thread. I’m sure you know who you are as you seem to be the only ones providing sufficient claims. So again, Thank you.

P.S. I remember Phage saying not too long ago - "Theres nothing amusing about ignorance."

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
E G

Hi and welcome.

Looks like you will add to this site but will not make too many theist friends.
Being a Gnostic Christian and esoteric ecumenist, I am used to that.

I just wondered what your thoughts were or if you recognized the 13th sign of the zodiac.

www.youtube.com...

I think it was instrumental in the creation of all the various snake cults that were absorbed of destroyed by Christianity after Constantine bought the then Orthodox Catholic Church.

I am sure you know more of this sign than I do and since snakes were given such a high place in the ancient minds and often the prime positions in churches if you thought that that sign was perhaps one of the main ones for the ancients. Although it would be strange that so many would forget about it so quickly. Perhaps that was due to Christian persecution and their reversing the moral of the story in Eden and turning the glorified snake to the Satanic creature that many now think it is. The winners write the history.

Regards
DL

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

I'm not confused at all, I've found my own answers with the help of Jesus' words and seeking within myself, and as you can tell it is nothing like mainstream Christianity where Jesus was a scapegoat sacrifice, and with my understanding also comes the realization that paganism has a huge part in the story and traditions.

What I meant by Christianity being confusing is the thousands of denominations that make up Christianity, meaning its adherents are confused about how they should interpret the bible. Each denomination believes that they have it right and that they are "the elect", yet they are contending with 80,000+ other interpretations who believe that they too are "the elect".

Confusion is the name of the game with Christianity, keeping even its own divided amongst each other.
edit on 2/4/2014 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

You know, I may discuss that with you some other time, in some other thread, where it is the topic - and which is not a bait thread.

The topic of this one seems to be astrological applications to Christianity, and given the nature and content of the OP's LP, a couple posts above yours, It seems to have been confirmed that it IS a bait thread.

So I'm out.

Have a nice day.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Not astrology just very old observational astronomy or in my opinion time keeping and the creation of a “map” to know where the earth is during the course of the year

Astrological age, zodiac, procession of the equinoxes, and so on are terms still used and understood by present day astronomers and it’s the observation of these things by our early ancestors that allowed for the creation of the first calendars which allowed the first civilisations to flourish

And a very good case can be made that it is also the source of a lot of religion, big chunks of which have found their way into Christianity

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by racasan

I know very well the difference between "astrology" and "astronomy", observational or otherwise. This thread presents astrology, not astronomy. The insistence on 33 degree equally-sized zodiacal constellations confirms which it is, among other things.

360/12=33 is not even good math, much less science or a valid basis for a thesis.

Smoke will not be blown up my 4th point of contact in the matter.

This post is solely for readers who may not understand the difference, or even know that there is one. Many don't. Educate yourselves in the matter, and deny ignorance.

Neno out.

edit on 2014/2/4 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   

The 33 degrees is based on the zodiac wheel. Look at any zodiac wheel and you'll see that each house takes up 30 degrees plus 1.5 degrees on each side. Those who made the zodiac made it that way, whether the actual constellations fit that exactly isn't really relevant to this discussion. Yes, those who invented the zodiac fudged it a little, but that doesn't really matter nor is it the point.

Like I said, if you have a problem with how the zodiac is presented you'll have to take it up with the Babylonians.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   

3NL1GHT3N3D1

The 33 degrees is based on the zodiac wheel. Look at any zodiac wheel and you'll see that each house takes up 30 degrees plus 1.5 degrees on each side. Those who made the zodiac made it that way, whether the actual constellations fit that exactly isn't really relevant to this discussion. Yes, those who invented the zodiac fudged it a little, but that doesn't really matter nor is it the point.

Like I said, if you have a problem with how the zodiac is presented you'll have to take it up with the Babylonians.

If I am to understand correctly, your entire premise rests on your assertion that Christianity is based on Babylonian Astrology.

If you read my first post in this thread, you will see that Judaism, the religion of the Messiah, considers Babylonian Astrology to be evil, and a great sin.

Christians, are followers of Jesus, who preached the religion of Judaism, one in which the Messiah had come, which was Jesus. Jesus was the one to start Christianity, therefore Christians follow someone who called them-self the Messiah of the Jews, and a perfect follower of Judaism... a man without sin.

It would have been a sin then, for Christianity to teach Babylonian astrology as something good, or to model the entire religion on it. Therefore, Christianity til this day teaches Babylonian astrology to be a sin.

Your sole reasoning for this is the fact there were 12 disciples, all of whom taught AGAINST astrology. Therefore, just because there were 12 disciples does not mean that they had any commonality with Babylonian astrology.

This fact has been pointed out to you, by your logic then, the Christians could have been following the religion of bakery, since there are 12 in a dozen, or the religion of justice, since there are 12 on a jury, or the religion of night and day, since there are 2 divisions for every 24 hour period.

You have one coincidence, and this coincidence was preached against as being evil, and Jesus was without sin, and did not commit evil, therefore your premise is incorrect.

If you would like to understand why there were 12 disciples, it is because there are 12 tribes of Israel. What is written in Revelation concerning is:

"And the wall of the city had 12 foundations, and on them were the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb."

At the time of the Promise to Abraham and his offspring of 12 tribes, the Israelites had not ran into or had any dealings with the Babylonians yet. And quite literally, you would have to be proving that Judaism is based on the zodiac, not Christianity, which you cannot do since the zodiac and astrology are against Jewish law, and at the time of the very beginning of Judaism, there was no contact or influence of the Babylonians.

In the Old Jerusalem there were 12 gates (points of entry to God's religion) in the New Jerusalem, there are 12 foundations which are the apostles. 12 has always been the perfect number. Of the old and the new, there are 24, and in Revelation, there are 24 elders. Is there 24 signs of the zodiac for all this to have been based dear?

I thought not.

I think more time should be spent learning things than trying to get people banned.
edit on 4-2-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   

You do realize that Revelation is based on astrology as well right? There was a thread some time ago that outlined how. I'll have to find it, it put a pretty convincing case forward. It's actually pretty obvious by just reading it for yourself that it relies heavily on astrology and the constellations.

Revelation 12
1 And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet and upon her head a crown of twelve stars.

Clearly based on astrology and a reference to the constellation Virgo, so you using Revelation to support your case that astrology is deemed evil by Christianity is pretty much baseless. Not to mention how god supposedly created astrology in Genesis.

Genesis 1
14 And God said, “Let there be lights in the vault of the sky to separate the day from the night, and let them serve as signs to mark sacred times, and days and years

Astrology was invented by god apparently and even recommended people use it.

Also, just because a religion teaches something is bad does not mean it follows those teachings, it's called reverse psychology, "we're going to say so and so so that they don't think we'd actually do it, but we actually are going to do it in plain site right in front of them and they'll never know".

I guess since the fourth amendment states that unwarranted searches and seizures are against the law, that means the government abides by it to the letter? Of course not, they claim to protect the right all while violating it. The same applies to the passage you cited earlier, just because it says something doesn't mean they are or aren't practicing it. In order for your passage to apply you have to have faith that the bible is the word of god and that it follows its own rules. As we know, faith is not based on fact, it is based on hope.

Found the thread I was talking about: LINK

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by EsotericGod

What exactly was your OP? An opinion, right? A theory based on assumption. So is it bad to post ones opinion? I thought that was the point. I'm confused. And it is silly to name drop someone who is intelligent to try to make yourself look intelligent. Use your own words.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   

3NL1GHT3N3D1

Revelation 12
1 And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet and upon her head a crown of twelve stars.

Clearly based on astrology and a reference to the constellation Virgo, so you using Revelation to support your case that astrology is deemed evil by Christianity is pretty much baseless. Not to mention how god supposedly created astrology in Genesis.

Your ideas clearly doesn't compute when you look at the Babylonian idea of the constellation of virgo. Seen Below:

According to the Babylonian Mul.Apin, which dates from 1000–686 BCE, this constellation was known as "The Furrow", representing the goddess Shala's ear of grain or corn.[5] One star in this constellation, Spica, retains this tradition as it is Latin for "ear of grain", one of the major products of the Mesopotamian furrow. The constellation was also known as AB.SIN and absinnu. For this reason the constellation became associated with fertility.[6] According to Gavin White the figure of Virgo corresponds to two Babylonian constellations - the 'Furrow' in the eastern sector of Virgo and the 'Frond of Erua' in the western sector. The Frond of Erua was depicted as a goddess holding a palm-frond - a motif that still occasionally appears in much later depictions of Virgo. en.wikipedia.org...

A woman holding a palm front or an ear of grain does not relate well to a woman with the moon as a footstool and a crown of 12 stars on her head. Virgo has 26 exoplanets — planets outside of the solar system — orbiting around 20 stars. Doesn't come even slightly close.

Genesis 1
14 And God said, “Let there be lights in the vault of the sky to separate the day from the night, and let them serve as signs to mark sacred times, and days and years

Astrology was invented by god apparently and even recommended people use it.

Marking the passing of the time with the rising and setting of the sun and the seasons is not astrology. It is keeping time.

Also, just because a religion teaches something is bad does not mean it follows those teachings, it's called reverse psychology, "we're going to say so and so so that they don't think we'd actually do it, but we actually are going to do it in plain site right in front of them and they'll never know".

Your not talking about what people do in sin that is against the religion, you are attempting to prove it is the religion itself and its teachings.... and this is something you are unable to do, since Babylonian astrology is against the religion itself.

People will always commit sin and go against the religion, but the chosen Messiah did not. He was without sin and I take umbrage to someone calling HIM a sinner.

As we know, faith is not based on fact, it is based on hope.

Yes, many people "hope" they can justify their sin. Its just not going to work when you stand before GOD.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join