It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mystery Religion – Jesus (The Sun of God)

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Jesuslives4u

UB2120
reply to post by EsotericGod

Check out the work of Robert Sarmast. He created a documentary titled "Secrets of Jesus Christ".

Basically he said that Jesus purposely used the existing myth's to make his message easier to receive in various parts of the world. He makes a pretty compelling case.

Here is a link to it: (www.youtube.com...)

Just because someone wrote a book does not mean the contents of the book are true. Robert Sarmast does not have the original data let alone for his conclusions. IT is only his theory. Trying to make a living writing books. Nothing more.

Simply because a Christian does not respond "towards your various atheist approaches" does not mean you have silenced us. Sometimes silence is the best answer when answering ignorant accusations.
edit on 30-1-2014 by Jesuslives4u because: (no reason given)

Were you referring to someone else? You mention "...various atheist approaches" and "..ignorant accusations" and I am not sure what you mean.

I never said what Robert Sarmast wrote is true, but it is an interesting theory and can just as easily say you can't prove its not true.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by pleasethink

I will discontinue, as I feel bad because this seems unfair.

You seem to have some sensitivity that is looking to 'shut you down.' What we want here is discussion - not to make you "feel bad," and you've said you felt bad several times in the few hours you've been logged on.

No one wants to "make you feel bad"; if you are genuine and honest in wanting dialogue. What you don't seem to get is that there is a whole community here - a 'family' - who appreciate actual intelligent debate.

If that makes you uncomfortable, I'm sorry. Hang in there. You'll learn a lot about how other people see the world - whether you agree with them or not.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Wait I'm confused here... does the Bible propagate hatred through forced ignorance, or does it contain ancient wisdom hidden in plain sight? How does an inanimate object force you to interpret it in a certain way?

I don't think Christians are the ones all you on page one have a problem with. If you define a Christian as one who follows the teachings of Christ then you cannot blame things like witch burnings, the Inquisition, or the Westborough Baptists on Christians or Christianity. Those people are practicing some other religion.

A Christian would never pray for someone to burn in hell.

Anyway, thanks for the very interesting and thought provoking thread, OP! I always like to learn more about the mysteries of the Bible! Incredible if Jesus hid this scientific wisdom in his words. It could've turned into a wonderful discussion if it wasn't derailed into a Christian hate fest by these extra super enlightened folks who are practically foaming at the mouth to pick a fight, and all before the 1st page was finished.

One question... about the 7 kings that you said represent the procession from Leo to Aquarius... OK more than one.

Why is Aquarius' time called "a short time" when it's "reign" lasts just as long as the others?

And why no mention of the other signs in the procession? There are supposed to be 12 right? So why only the mention of 7 of them? Why does it end with Aquarius?

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by 3n19m470

Heyr heyr! (Hear Hear!)

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by 3n19m470

I don't think Christians are the ones all you on page one have a problem with. If you define a Christian as one who follows the teachings of Christ then you cannot blame things like witch burnings, the Inquisition, or the Westborough Baptists on Christians or Christianity. Those people are practicing some other religion.

Ah, the No true Scotsman fallacy argument!

Unfortunately you can't disown certain Christians and what they have done in the name of "Jesus Christ!" I can tell you from first hand experience, having grown up a "Pentecostal environment", that Christians can be some of the most immoral, abusive and intolerant people that one can ever met. [Shiver at the thought and memories]

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

I feel bad the same way I would feel bad if I laughed at a handicapped child. It doesn't seem fair. Intelligent discourse requires one be educated about the things which they speak of. I have seen intelligence here, just not in this thread. Also, this family in this thread seems to hate Christians, as they attempt to paint them as illogical, while applying illogical arguments to support this belief. Then speak of intelligent discourse. Any attempt of adding actual facts to the discussion is answered with well you just don't see it cause your blinded. Well okay. I just feel myself getting dumber by the minute. If you all want to agree to live in the fantasy land of your own creation(ie. living in a paradoxical world where facts aren't facts) than okay.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   

I feel bad the same way I would feel bad if I laughed at a handicapped child. It doesn't seem fair. Intelligent discourse requires one be educated about the things which they speak of.

I know! Right?

Yeah. I'm done trying with you. Sorry, all your at-bats are spent. You still have a few players on the roster, though. Especially the one that joined same time you did!!

Have fun!

kindly, nicely, sweetly... yours truly,
herpty derp derp

~wildtimes

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Okay. I'm hurt. Are you implying that someone is assisting me somehow? Players on my roster? Also traditionally players in baseball get an average of 4 at bats, and I clearly have only used up two.
edit on 3-2-2014 by pleasethink because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   

You feel like you're laughing at handicapped children? So basically you're saying we are handicapped children who warrant a good lauhing at? Wow, the personal insults show your insecurity. The sand has been swept from under you it seems.

You haven't added one bit of substance to this thread at all, only personal jabs and posts that reveal your severe lack of any real knowledge on the subject. Anyone going through and reading your posts will see that.

Also, no one in this thread hates Christians, we just hate the ignorance that Christianity has facilitated, kind of like the old Christian saying "hate the sin and not the sinner". We hate the ignorance not the ignorant.

Next time you decide to join a debate, make sure you're at least somewhat familiar with the topic being discussed. You stepped in poo in this thread, clearly it was out of your league.
edit on 2/3/2014 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

You had a smile while writing this right? I sense anger and frustration. And don't try to make it seem that I'm am speaking at everyone here, only to those who speak about things that they know are nonsensical. Should I take my ball and go home now?

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Okay. I'm hurt. Are you implying that someone is assisting me somehow?

What?
All I said is that you have a couple of new players that joined when you did. Who seem to have an uncannily similar style to yours! You would get along great, I'm sure!

And no, you're "not hurt." Gimme (give us) a break. We've worn out that excuse already, and you're only 3 days in! *eyeroll*

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   

But I think I love you. No seriously, though. If I was to say someone was sock puppeting here it would be you and enlightened. I'm not trying to hurt your feelings. But honestly, this thread was spawned to troll christians. Also, introductions to these players is in order I thinks.
edit on 3-2-2014 by pleasethink because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Also traditionally players in baseball get an average of 4 at bats, and I clearly have only used up two.
Erm, no.
Let me count them up for ya here....
hang on a sec....

47. In this thread alone.

If I was to say someone was sock puppeting here it would be you and enlightened. I'm not trying to hurt your feelings.

You haven't hurt my feelings. Not at all. And 3NL and I have never met outside the boards here.
Nice try, though.

Wanna go for 48? 49? Keep it up!!!
Go you!!

edit on 2/3/14 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   

But honestly, this thread was spawned to troll christians.

Excuse me, but....you 'spawned' this thread.

Get your act together. Your ducks in a row. Your fenceposts lined up.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Well durn it. So supporting christianity=at bats. I thought you meant condescending jibes.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   

I was honestly repulsed by your post, no smile at all. Equating people having an intelligent discussion with handicapped children is pretty low of you. Sorry if our knowledge on the subject hurt your brain, but that's recommended when you join a site such as ATS.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   

So I am esotericgod?

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I'm so sorry and feel disgusting about it. Really, I crossed a line.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   

No, this is YOUR thread. Why are you linking EsotericGod??

And no, EsotericGod is not the "member" I was referring to.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Well look you and enlightened are one and the same right?

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join