It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The mystery of Oak Island on history channel

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I will say they cant keep the gravy train going forever.

Ill continue to watch every episode cause I just cant help myself. I remember reading an AMA for the Lagina brothers last year, and they did mention they have a gag order in place. If something goes down on the show, we wont know until the airing.

Now as far as something actually happening? Eh, Im not holding my breath. The investment of millions this year in an all out assault on the money pit is what Ive been waiting for however, so Im not going anywhere.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   
The incredibly contrived search for the missing (if it ever existed in the first place) 90 foot stone in the latest episode proves that the show's producers are really struggling to keep the pace going now.Go down to the basement of any building built a 100 years ago or more and point at any random lump of stone while playing loud dramatic music and the audience will be on the edge of their seats.Then bring us back down to earth with the subtlety of Hiroshima with 'Nah,it's just another lump of rock' and walk out into the sunshine laughing and smiling.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: bknapple32

The could it be, what if, did they ,sounds bite are beyond annoying at this point.

So far i have watched this whole season by spending 10 minutes per show.

I only watch the first and last 5 minutes of the show , and i can really cut that further to only 5 minutes since the ending gets repeated.

The show has jumped the shark for sure, imo.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I like the shaft angle and think there might be some significance to it like it maybe being a tunnel off the side of the money pit. hopefully the h channel lights a fire under the Canadian archeologists to hurry and give the okay to dig/explore there. The laginas/the show does tend to jump around with ideas and sometimes speculate with ridiculous theories BUT that's only because they are being open minded to any and all possibilities and don't do anything with out proof or evidence that they need to spend a lot of money on a excavation/test/etc. They have had so many ideas come up to just immediately be scratched after being debunked or new info comes up. The show is very interesting and entertaining though!!

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Another series that I am hook on is The treasure of snake Island, in the season finale I thing they will discover some of the treasure, can not wait for it.

Meanwhile I have the feeling that Oak Island will reveal its treasure too or at least part of it.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Istaywoke77
a reply to: MissBeck

ppsssstttt " KODI"

you can watch what you like friend!

Ooh, I've never heard of that. I will take a look. Thank you!

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   
What about Hunting hitler

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   
The announcer is same guy for Ancient Aliens...

Having said that, it would be cool if they find something someday. The show just helps pay for the search.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I was interested in Oak Island at an early age. I have always been a bit of a treasure hunter.

My problem with Oak Island is that no one is looking for the right answer. There are plenty of traps meant to make digging to the alleged treasure dangerous if not impossible. But the people who put it there must have had some kind of method of extracting the treasure safely. Otherwise, whats the point of putting it there? If you don't want anyone to ever see it again no matter what, just dump it in the middle of the ocean. End of story. The idea that anyone would go through that much trouble for a decoy or joke is not realistic. So logic would indicate there is something there.

My gut feeling was always that hydraulics was the answer. With all the drain tiles allowing water in and out of the treasure pit, hydraulics must be factored in to the solution of how to retrieve the treasure safely. But I don't think the people who built the thing considered changing sea levels. That would throw off the dynamics of the whole island.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   

I watch that series too, they have found all kind of historical facts in south America, the search is for facts that Hitler didn't died and hide for the rest of his life in Argentina.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Caught up on both shows. Hunting Hitler need its own thread. That show really has some compelling facts

As for Oak Island. After last night... IM ALL IN. I think they hit the vault in the money pit on their big 2 million dollar dig.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   

I recorded the episode as my husband and I were watching the finale of the voice, it was amazing, I know for a fact that all those millions of dollars invested looking for a treasure is going to have some big returns, I will watch the episode today.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I have been interested in the Money Pit ever since reading a Readers Digest article on it many years ago. I have also written a thread on it , but not trying to diffuse this interesting thread, you can search for it if you want to.

Anyway, a remote viewer , Daz Smith, did a blind remote viewing session of Oak Island back before the show started. The PDF of this endeavor is available below, from Courtney Brown of the Farsight Institute, and is freely available on their web site.

I have my problems with Remote Viewing , however this guy has done some fairly astounding things. I hope that he is correct at what he portrays in this RV session. Enjoy.

Daz Smith remote views Oak Island
edit on 14-12-2016 by charlyv because: spelling , where caught

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I was a huge fan of the show when i started watching season 2. Then in one episode I heard the treasure was Pirate Gold, Aztec or Mayan or Incan Gold, Templar treasure, lost library of Alexandria, and last but not least the true writings from whoever was Shakespeare....
Then I start doing a little digging...and the entire mythology on the stone and the deaths is total crap.

I still watch it...which makes me a masochist of sorts...but only because I believe there may be pirate treasure buried there and I still think that would be neat enough. But the vault........makes no sense at all. Never did. I'm no geologist......but it sure seem to me that thousands of years of shorelines and bedrock being pounded on by water would make a lot of caves.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I think whatever there is gone. If some secret order put it there, and knew these guys were digging at it trying to find it, and it was still there, they'd show up and stop them. I think it is a distraction. No one would make it that hard to extract what they hid.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I was pretty disappointed when I saw the circular saw marks on the Big oak timbers the claw pulled out on recent episodes
What I don't get is if chapel's shaft was flooded at 10 feet how did they find that wood at 142 feet below around the same estimate the vault was suppose to be. Damn island playing with us with it soup mixed soil.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I have been interested in this mystery for a few years and have been watching the show on the H channel, and I would LOVE for it to be solved with someone one finding treasure. However can some one explain the following to me?

Has anyone explained how a pre industrial group of people were able to dig the water tunnels and the pit itself when we can't get down there with our equipment? How did the original people dig the hole down that deep with out collapse?

The water traps are even more difficult to believe. Can you imagine how much earth would have had to be removed to create the stone underground aqueducts?

Thanks!

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: SgtEsquire
I have been interested in this mystery for a few years and have been watching the show on the H channel, and I would LOVE for it to be solved with someone one finding treasure. However can some one explain the following to me?
Has anyone explained how a pre industrial group of people were able to dig the water tunnels and the pit itself when we can't get down there with our equipment? How did the original people dig the hole down that deep with out collapse?
The water traps are even more difficult to believe. Can you imagine how much earth would have had to be removed to create the stone underground aqueducts?
Thanks!

Easy answer...Nope. I think 'How'd they do that?' ranks right behind "What's down there?' and ahead of 'What is the budget for this show?'

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Before everything was torn up, I assume that there were some natural caves or holes that potentially led down as far as bedrock. These were dug out and widened a little and traps were set.

I then like the idea that they went a few feet deep and dug sideways, creating (or expanding) a chamber that was relatively easy for them to get the treasure (whatever it is) out of and would show no signs of digging on the surface. They filled up the sideways tunnel after they put the treasure in, and had some way of marking where the actual chamber was. A big rock or arrangement of rocks which might have been moved over the years.

My thought is that whoever buried the treasure came and got it a long time ago. Or somebody did. I could be wrong. Everybody could be wrong.
edit on 22-12-2016 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Thanks!

As I've said before,it's more easily explained by porous bedrock that lets sea water seep through over time and stores the water in an aquifer. This would also explain why when they put bright green die down the bore holes (10X in this case) and it didn't make it's way out into the sea.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join