It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The mystery of Oak Island on history channel

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   
That shiny gold thing that they looked for and lost was my enthusiasm for this show.
edit on 24-2-2017 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Yea that was disappointing. None of it matters anymore.... They needed to find proof to justify a 10,000,000$ excavation. I think they found said proof.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

originally posted by: Gratheil
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Why watch.. Its entertainment.. like most TV shows.

I find it entertaining and enjoy how the Brothers interact. I know its all staged, but I still enjoy it.

So do I , but come on Already , Find Something ! ...LOL

They did , they found ratings and a reality tv show that produces gold .

But yeah I think I puke a little each time I hear the Narrator say "What if"

Like I said before I can only tolerate watching the last 5 minutes of the show as the rest is just a filler.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: bknapple32
People need to stop making fun of the wood. Its important to a find. Despite what people with no archaeological experience think. And the wood with resin on it and no modern saw marks... Thats huge. And the metal found? That was even more huge.

All (or none) of this might or might not be significant here.The point of my cynicism is that they could have condensed everything of importance into one hour long episode.Countless shots of the grab bucket thing pulling more dripping loads of splintered wood from deep underground accompanied by a surprised look on Marty's face and more dramatic crashing drums.Then go to an advert break and afterwards repeat the last 30 seconds before the ad break all over again.Oh and of course make sure the only items of any sort of significance they find are right at the very end of the season.
A factually accurate account of what they've done on the island in the last four years or so would still make a brilliant program even if it wasn't dramatised at all.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I am still on the believe that they will find something eventually, just like the other series I was watching on Snake Island treasure, at the end and with all the adventure and shortcomings, they end up finding gold and treasures.
edit on 24-2-2017 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I do find it kinda odd that they find metal, a bracket, nuts and a bolt and then shut it down.

No attempt at a camera ( yes it would of prob been to muddy to see anything)
No Scan to see if they see something.. anything.. maybe a box shaped thing.

Just seems like a odd place to call it quits for a year after some interesting finds.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Next year they uncover everything, just you wait!!!

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gratheil
I do find it kinda odd that they find metal, a bracket, nuts and a bolt and then shut it down.

No attempt at a camera ( yes it would of prob been to muddy to see anything)
No Scan to see if they see something.. anything.. maybe a box shaped thing.

Just seems like a odd place to call it quits for a year after some interesting finds.

Because like all good program making that needs to draw the audience back the following season,you have to end with a cliff hanger! Remember Dallas when JR got shot in the shower and how long we had to wait to find out who it was? And then after how ever long it was until the next season.....................it was only a dream!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Imagewerx

Remember Dallas when JR got shot in the shower and how long we had to wait to find out who it was? And then after how ever long it was until the next season.....................it was only a dream!!!!!!

I don't remember that, in the Dallas I watched JR got shot twice in a corridor, it was Bobby Ewing who came back in the shower after being killed off a year earlier

In many ways this seems to be the syndrome suffered from by fans of "The mystery of Oak Island", that they can't remember what happened the year before because its a pile of made up crap

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Marduk

Someone will be along soon to blame it on the Mandela effect no doubt.
edit on 28-2-2017 by Imagewerx because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Imagewerx
Someone will be along soon to blame it on the Mandela effect no doubt.

Time travelers went back to Oak Island and recovered the treasure and screwed up the timeline again?

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   
The excavation has been an exercise in pure idiocy. They lost it when they decided to drill into the pit instead of figuring out and disarming the trap. My dad and I agree that the treasure probably wasn't just gold, it probably also had paper documents or books that were incredibly valuable but were destroyed when they smashed the seals and let the water in.

Their second attempt to tunnel in from the side made it worse, and now it's no longer structurally sound.

Maybe someday they will dig some gold out of there, but it likely won't cover the cost to get it, and the priceless treasures are gone now. Way to go, treasure hunters. Way to go.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Last night Rick mentioned in passing "The Big Dig" To me that means opening a 40*40 hole and just get it done
edit on 1-3-2017 by Gratheil because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Season 5 is right around the corner.. So I thought I would revive the Thread.

The teasers look good.. but who knows. Its Sniffing wood and Crown time! along with slamming some can

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42
But yeah I think I puke a little each time I hear the Narrator say "What if?"

You're supposed to take a shot of tequila, or whatever else would be appropriate for Eastern Canada.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Crown!

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Looks like the new season starts next week...Any predictions on what will be unveiled?

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Signals

The first 4 or 5 episodes will be your standard "could it be" "What if" episodes..

As i said last season.. IF they found something of substance there would be leaks like crazy

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Signals
Looks like the new season starts next week...Any predictions on what will be unveiled?

They'll waste a lot of time and money to beef up the "historical" aspect of the show, chasing nutty theories around the world about Shakespeare, the Druids, pirates, Walt Disney, and so on instead of just digging because they know that the chances of them finding the actual treasure (if it ever even existed in the first place) is pretty close to zero.

Here's Oak Island at the peak of the last big attempt to dig in. You can see it's torn to shreds.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   
On Google if you search episodes here is what it says.

Epi 1 Family Forever

Peril strikes during a daring dive; Rick and Marty double down on their efforts to locate the original Money Pit with the most ambitious engineering operation in Oak Island history; the fellowship of the dig is faced with a tragic loss.

Epi 2 Dead Mans Chest

Evidence of pirates on Oak Island mounts after a treasure chest from the 1700s is found; Rick and Marty get stunning news about a find from the Money Pit.

Epi 3 Obstruction

No info yet

Sounds promising honestly.
edit on 30-10-2017 by Gratheil because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join