It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The mystery of Oak Island on history channel

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gratheil
I know this has been dead for a while, BUT Season 4 just started and it looks like they are finally bringing in the big toys. History channel is hinting they found something. I would think if they did find anything of note this past summer it would of leaked by now tho. Still cant stop watching, great stuff

I'm still in Season 1, it started airing last month in the UK on a channel called Blaze. I've always loved the Oak Island Mystery and would love to go for a walk with my camera around the island.

I'm trying to find somewhere to Stream or Download episodes as Blaze is one of the channels with pretty bad reception where I live. I watched as much as I could of episode 3 but it was really hard to concentrate on what was going on through the interference...

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   

History channel is hinting they found something.

They did that with every episode last season.

"COULD this be the KEY PIECE OF EVIDENCE that could lead the team to HIDDEN SECRETS?"

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I am so happy somebody brought up this thread,

I been watching the Oak Island mystery series since it started, this season is going to be interesting, they got new map, more sites to check like the hatch and the well, and they will dig the money pit where they found shiny stuff last season.
edit on 16-11-2016 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   

"COULD this be the KEY PIECE OF EVIDENCE that could lead the team to HIDDEN SECRETS?"

Yah Yah I know...

For what it is, the show is well done. Besides.... at least it isnt Pawn Stars and American pickers, which usually runs 24/7 on the History channel. Bring back History Channel 2, At least that one had good shows.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

Yeah. I know.
All in all, it has been pretty interesting up to now, aside from some of the weird side trips into the Kingdom of Hooey. I guess that puffs up the series when there hasn't been much happening on the island.

But, as I've said, I've been a fan of the mystery for some 50 years.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

I'm really envious that you're all talking about all these seasons you are watching. I went on the History Channel website and the videos won't play in the UK. Very disappointing. :-(

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

I know this has been dead for a while, BUT Season 4 just started and it looks like they are finally bringing in the big toys. History channel is hinting they found something. I would think if they did find anything of note this past summer it would of leaked by now tho. Still cant stop watching, great stuff

I'm still in Season 1, it started airing last month in the UK on a channel called Blaze. I've always loved the Oak Island Mystery and would love to go for a walk with my camera around the island.

I'm trying to find somewhere to Stream or Download episodes as Blaze is one of the channels with pretty bad reception where I live. I watched as much as I could of episode 3 but it was really hard to concentrate on what was going on through the interference...

I've watched the first three seasons on my Android TV box using an app called 'Showbox',all in perfect quality with no buffering and no need to download so can be watched in real time.Any £50 (or cheaper) Android TV box will be able to get this,or watch on any Android phone or tablet.

The biggest and most blatantly over-dramatised episode for me was the one with the green dye they put down 10X to find out where the flood tunnels come out into the sea.Three boats waiting poised at various points around the island and a helicopter hovering expectantly hoping to see where the green dye comes out.Then suddenly someone radio's in that they MIGHT have seen something,they crank the dramatic music up to 11 (See This is Spinal Tap),the excitement builds up to fever pitch as we stop for an advert break,then back again as the helicopter rushes to where the sighting might be.It gets there and after several more minutes of unbearable excitement all we get is 'Oh sorry guys,it's just seaweed!' For the love of god,you lot call yourselves professionals?

My theory is that there never was any treasure here,why would anyone leave an obvious sign such as a depression in the ground with a ship's block and tackle hanging over the top of it? This was either a well used by the previous inhabitants of the island (there was a thriving fish processing industry on the island a 100 or so years before this) or a sinkhole which are known to occur in this area.The so called booby trap flood tunnels are natural cracks and fissures in the bed rock that fill up with water slowly through porous rock,hence the dye test above not making it out into the sea.

Some sources say they only ever really found the flagstones a few feet down and the first layer of planks beneath that,everything else has been added over time to make the treasure story seem more plausible.Even the carved stone tablet at 90 feet with unknown language that despite being unknown has been translated a couple of times (I translated it as a recipe for marmalade) has never really been authenticated,it's current and past whereabouts are not known,or even if it ever actually existed.
edit on 19-11-2016 by Imagewerx because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Right, and how do we know that the 1600's coin wasn't planted there to get investors interested?

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: 38181
Right, and how do we know that the 1600's coin wasn't planted there to get investors interested?

Or more likely dropped by a one of the many Spanish fishermen known to have landed there to have their fish salted for the long trip back to Europe.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I have been watching the show from the beginning, this is my season 3, all I can say is that the show have some melodramatic episodes and that is expected for ratings.

But the two brothers have invested millions in this treasure hunt, they do have other investors involved, this season they are going down the money pit, I mean they are bringing fancy equipment, they are getting a wide pipe that will allow people to get down the to the bottom.

To me to be honest I feel that you will not spend all those millions if they didn't know that is something to find at the bottom.

Let no forget and I will not add much as not to spoil it for those watching the beginning episodes, that something did happen at the end of last season.

I remember the brother with most of the investment in the hunt that was not happy in some of the episodes, but this season he seems very motivated.

I wonder why.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

This isn't for just Marge, But I read that readers digest article when I was young, I am 53 now and was very glad to see this series and watched every episode, but this new season they added that doof that is like the stupid inept announcer (for a lack of a better term) for entertainment pourposes, that I could do without. But I love the show except him. you know the kind of guy that is amazed with everything and cant do nothing right, it just seems wrong and the brothers don't seem to fond of him either.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: darepairman

I agree, you can tell that is a lot of things going on behind the scenes, but as a show and something the brothers agree to, they are bound to accept outsiders that will be planted by the show producers once in a while for ratings.

I believe that it was some discrepancies between the show producers and the brother. the one with the most money invested I believe, he wasn't happy with a few of the things that the producers wanted to do, I guess as a businessman he wants to got down to business.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Ya, I understand all that but it just seems to cheapen it a little, they brought acting into it, I enjoy it non the less.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: darepairman

I don't like it either, but I am sure that part of the contract with the producers of the show includes some outside actors.

This happen with the series Ghost hunters too, after a while they just started to bring outside actors to the show, some of them where just no good at it.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I have watched every episode and I don't think they will ever find anything, but cannot stop watching.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: darepairman

Ya, I understand all that but it just seems to cheapen it a little, they brought acting into it, I enjoy it non the less.

I've yet to see anything happen in the whole series that is actually as-it-happened.Rick,Marty etc are all bad actors and it's obvious that everything they do on camera is scripted and rehearsed and I've yet to see any genuine surprise at anything they see or do.

I've just watched the first episode of the new season and was struck by how fresh the claimed 14th century map looks,in fact it doesn't look more than a few years old at the most,anyone else think this?

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Imagewerx

I noticed that too, but as with everything they have to add more content to the show in order to keep the history side and research alive.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I would imagine the History Channel is bombarded with nutbags claiming they know something. And a few of them make it on the show here and there.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

EVERY EPISODE!!!!

It drives me NUTS!

Ive been fascinated with Oak Island since 1999. If and when they EVER find something I dont think they would tell us, like the original poster said.

On a side note, I have always felt that the slave who escaped from Charleston, SC and made a life and a "fortune" on the island did not get rich selling cabbages LOL I hope that he found something but not all of it!

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: MissBeck

ppsssstttt " KODI"

you can watch what you like friend!

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join