It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The mystery of Oak Island on history channel

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   
The Show is what it is.. Its entertainment with the hope (however small) that they might find something cool.

The one thing that kinda irks me a bit is things like the end of last season, they find metal in GAL1.. seemed
promising.. yet into the next season... off to a different site with no explanation as to what the metal was or what
the bracket was.
edit on 13-12-2017 by Gratheil because: additiona info

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I worked in the mining industry and understand how long it would have taken to dig the shaft and the flood tunnels.

Even using modern mining equipment and 3 shifts it would have taken at least 6 months work.
In 1700s it would have taken more then a year of work and a large crew to have done the work needed.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   
"What the hell is human bone doing 190 feet under ground?"

The hell if I know...

Good question!!

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: ANNED

True, I have always wondered where the settlements were/are for all the laborers it would have taken to do this.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ANNED

I have read a very good article making the case that the site was a possibly Royal Army payroll cache during the Revolutionary War.
The author had found references to a unknown Royal Engineers project that was based in the Carribean and had ties to Nova Scotia in some way.
If anyone could pull off the job at the time, that would be thye Royal Engineers.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: RadioRobert
a reply to: Willtell

I agree the show is ridiculous, but I've been reading the stories for thirty or forty some years, so I'm going to continue being intrigued enough to keep watching.

It is a good story...This is the book I read The Lost Treasure of the Knights Templar: Solving the Oak Island Mystery

It obviously the show is paying them good money.

Hey, if someone wants to pay me a lot of money to go digging in the ground, I’d take it.

Better than working for a living!

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Hey, if someone wants to pay me a lot of money to go digging in the ground, I’d take it.
Better than working for a living!

Digging in the dirt is hard work. One of the curses God threw at Adam and Eve when he booted them out of Eden was that they'd have to dig in the dirt just to live. It's so bad that it's a curse.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

I agree this world surely is a curse!

Digging or not

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
I agree this world surely is a curse!
Digging or not

I like to describe this existence as a nightmarish struggle against pain and confusion, only occasionally punctuated by brief moments of joy, and ultimately destined to end badly.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I have read that the Lagina brothers are making about $100 thousand per season. At the end of every season they extend the mystery to keep the show going for another season. I understand the show and excavation are being funded by the Canadian taxpayer.

My personal opinion is there is no treasure there although the island has a rich historical record. Rick Lagina is able to fulfill his childhood dream of looking for treasure there and get paid to do it.

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: eManym
I have read that the Lagina brothers are making about $100 thousand per season. At the end of every season they extend the mystery to keep the show going for another season. I understand the show and excavation are being funded by the Canadian taxpayer.
My personal opinion is there is no treasure there although the island has a rich historical record. Rick Lagina is able to fulfill his childhood dream of looking for treasure there and get paid to do it.
The taxpayer contributes some money through a film and television industry grant. This show is attracting great gobs of money to the community and that is why the government underwrites some of it. But it's the production company that pays the bills, and that comes from selling the show to the History Channel and other broadcasters.
In my opinion...the treasure is to be accessed through a back door in the swamp.

top topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join