It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homeland Security Secretary: Illegals Have ‘Earned Right to be Citizens

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by DogMeat

And registered voters... someone probably already said it, but i haven't made it that far yet.
2nd

wu

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

NOPE...

He did not say that..I have checked transcripts and video.

He was talking about the opportunity for a PATH TO CITIZENSHIP..

“An earned path to citizenship for those currently present in this country is a matter of, in my view, homeland security to encourage people to come out from the shadows, to be accountable, to participate in the American experience, the American society,” he said.

“It is also, frankly, in my judgment, a matter of who we are as Americans, to offer the opportunity to those who want to be citizens, who’ve earned the right to be citizens, who are present in this country–many of whom came here as children–to have the opportunity that we all have to try to become American citizens.”

CSN News has repeatedly demonstrated that it is ...Ethically Disabled? Morally handicapped? Journalistically Challenged?

A process for Illegal Immigrants to come forward and APPLY for citizenship is something that Marco Rubio and other GOP have called for.

Honestly...whatever your political leanings, BS should insult you...and I don't understand people that don't feel offended that someone thinks they are so dull that they will eat the outright BS fed to them. CSN thinks you are stupid and can't verify facts.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Who are we to judge? If we make the rules why do we even need a threshold for earning citizenship? And if there should be a threshold to have earned citizenship why should it be different than the threshold that was accepted for our founding fathers or pilgrims who first arrived in America? The threshold for immigration just a few generations ago was simply having good health and to be "free white persons" of "good character" (United States Naturalization Law of March 26, 1790). This post would be too long to list all the changes to immigration law and the racism over the years but let’s just say the real natives of this country, the American Indians were not given citizenship until 1924. So now, let’s look at the immigration group that we are talking about; Hispanics, about 50% from a friendly free trading country that is our neighbor Mexico and the rest from a combination of countries excluding Cuba. Why Cubans gets asylum and a road to citizenship if they make it ashore, political ideology? Hardly since we do business with China so it is a matter of outdated laws and cultural bias. But back to the original question, have they earned it? I would say, do they want to be Americans? Did they expressed themselves like Americans publically showing American Flags and protesting peacefully so many times in the past? Do they work hard? Do they take the jobs we don’t want? Are they trying to assimilate even when half of the population is polarized and spewing hate? Yes, I’ve think they have earned it.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Yet again opportunities ALREADY effing exist.

Anyone saying they don't is lying.

Military service.

Get in line.

Green card for Education.

Green card for work

Green card for Marriage.

CSN News has repeatedly demonstrated that it is ...Ethically Disabled? Morally handicapped? Journalistically Challenged?

Nice shooting the messenger always makes people 'right'.

A process for Illegal Immigrants to come forward and APPLY for citizenship is something that Marco Rubio and other GOP have called for.

We already have a process THEY KNOW THIS.

And that is a big arse ASSUMPTION they even want 'citizenship'.

Honestly...whatever your political leanings, BS should insult you...and I don't understand people that don't feel offended that someone thinks they are so dull that they will eat the outright BS fed to them. CSN thinks you are stupid and can't verify facts.

That is what I am doing.

Because the immigration so called 'issue' is BS.

I don't understand people making EXCUSES for people who break the law.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Horatius

Who are we to judge? I

American Citizens who are seeing the law doesn't apply to certain people when it rates a political benefit.

THATS who I am.

But laws are for everyone else, just not them.

I don't get to pick and choose what laws I am suppose to follow.

No one else should either.

If we make the rules why do we even need a threshold for earning citizenship

The rules are Almost a CENTURY old.

The law is to slow the immigration in to this country because the resources are finite.

That is already been said.

They are the same people who wrote the GD now they say it doesn't matter.

Reagans Amnesty didn't fix the problem

CLintons Amnesty didn't fix the problem.

Bush would have but hell we know they only people who are suppose to give amnesty is their political opposites.

Obama has tried for 6 effing years to buy more people.

And if there should be a threshold to have earned citizenship why should it be different than the threshold that was accepted for our founding fathers or pilgrims who first arrived in America?

Every other ethnic group in this country has limits placed on them.

People are saying now everyone but the people from the south should have limits.

So much for that rubbish about 'fair play'.

edit on 27-1-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Excellent reply and I agree that we all have a right and say on this issue but you refuse to face the obvious truth – they are already here so this is not a question of finite resources since they are accounted for. The reason all the other amnesties did not work is because they did not reform our laws to address the core and fundamental problems with our immigration system. The past amnesties were just patches on top of old laws that do not work which is why we need real immigration reform.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   

No the obvious truth is they keep coming, and coming because they get made citizens.

Rinse and repeat, and has been repeated for over 30 years.

The law be damned.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Last thought in this thread:

Let's face facts.

The only reason the push for 'pathways to citizenship' and other dogma that is being parroted by the pundits of the current administration.

Is for some odd reason the hispanic vote trends left.

Now on the other hand IF hispanics were progun,anti abortion, anti LGBT, pro business, and clinging to their religion.

I can gurantee damn teeya the left would not be trying to make them citizens.

So once again.

Immigration for them HAS NEVER been about doing the right thing EVER.

Because if it was the LAW would be ENFORCED.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   

I would say, do they want to be Americans? Did they expressed themselves like Americans publically showing American Flags and protesting peacefully so many times in the past? Do they work hard? Do they take the jobs we don’t want? Are they trying to assimilate even when half of the population is polarized and spewing hate? Yes, I’ve think they have earned it.

Not all their protests have been peaceful and sometimes the only flag they carry is the one from thier own country.

As for jobs, it is a myth that they only take the jobs Americans won't do. It hasn't been that way for many years. They are in factories, they are doing construction work and are in many other fields of the workforce. This is unacceptable when we have millions of unemployed citizens.

Are they trying to assimilate???? It was only with the growing numbers of illegals that we had to press 1 for english for important phone calls, were required to speak spanish in order to get a job when the job had nothing to do with international business, signs everywhere in spanish. Hundreds of languages are spoken here in America but it is the spanish speakers who are catered to and we are forced to learn 'their' language in many cases.

Our immigrants throughout the years came here and learned english. English is the one language that unites us all. With the unchecked numbers of illegal invaders things have changed. I would say, NO they have NOT assimiliated.

Do they 'want' to be Americans? Many illegals will tell you themselves that they have no desire whatsoever of becoming citizens. They save money and eventually return to their own countries well off as our money is worth so much more there. These people have not earned any rights and have no business cutting to the head of the line when all others are coming here through proper channels.

edit on 27-1-2014 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   

neo96
reply to post by Indigo5

Military service.

Yes...someone is "lying"..Same as it ever was...

WASHINGTON -- A group of young undocumented immigrants ramped up a push this week for the ability to join the military, with about 20 visiting recruiting offices on Thursday to ask about enlistment.

Undocumented immigrants are barred from enlisting.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   

neo96
Last thought in this thread:

Let's face facts.

...given the source, this made me spit up my coffee. Thanks for the levity.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   
There is no way for the undocumented people that are here to earn their citizenship or get in line. There is simply no way. If there was a way about 95% of them would be lining up and paying whatever fines they had to pay.

There is not even a way for Dream act eligible people to join the military. Living in Texas I went to school with several of them.

I'd say that a lot of them have definitely earned the right to become Citizens.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

WASHINGTON -- A group of young undocumented immigrants ramped up a push this week for the ability to join the military, with about 20 visiting recruiting offices on Thursday to ask about enlistment. Undocumented immigrants are barred from enlisting.

Well that was a joke.

They serve on juries, they get education, they get drivers licenses.

But 'somehow' they are turned away?

Funny last time I checked the people who are crying about passing amnesty are the VERY same people who gut the military.

..given the source, this made me spit up my coffee. Thanks for the levity.

The source is the party of the DHS secretary, and his boss.

Glad the truth is so 'amusing'.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   

muse7
There is no way for the undocumented people that are here to earn their citizenship or get in line. There is simply no way. If there was a way about 95% of them would be lining up and paying whatever fines they had to pay.

There is not even a way for Dream act eligible people to join the military. Living in Texas I went to school with several of them.

Well fine let's have it the leftist way.

Since people who want to come here don't have to follow the law.

Then as an American citizen I don't have to follow ANY gun law.

Because I don't 'like' it.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I do not have a problem with a person from any country on this planet choosing to live in America if they so choose. I do have a problem with people choosing to sneak into my country as an illegal alien and expect me (as a taxpayer) to pay for them to live here. Deport every single one of them immediately. Harsh, yes but it is how I feel. You do not reward people for breaking the law and it is that simple for me. America has always been a "melting pot" of people from all over the globe but dammit, is it to much to ask that each person do so legally? I mean damn.....

I really do not have a problem with anyone who wants to come here LEGALLY and stay. But I do not want to reward someone who is here AGAINST THE LAW OF THE LAND by granting them a "pass". Some of you disagree and that is OK by me. My feelings are not for everyone and I totally get that. This is like the gun vs anti gun threads going on right now, no winners or losers, just lots of opinions.

(I am just glad I live in a country where I can share my opinions without fear of a knock on my door at 2am by the police...at least not yet anyway).

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   

neo96

muse7

Well fine let's have it the leftist way.

Since people who want to come here don't have to follow the law.

Then as an American citizen I don't have to follow ANY gun law.

Because I don't 'like' it.

Lay off the hyperbole.

People who came in illegally did break the law, no one is denying that. That's why the numerous attempts by the senate to get comprehensive immigration reform passed included numerous fines and for them to get in the back of the line.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Lay off the hyperbole.

Why it's 'working' so well for the pro get rewarded for breaking the law.

Turn about is fair play.

People who came in illegally did break the law, no one is denying that. That's why the numerous attempts by the senate to get comprehensive immigration reform passed included numerous fines and for them to get in the back of the line.

What BS.

Reagan,Clinton, and Now Obama.,

I am hearing nothing of substance against the laws those clowns wrote in the first place.

I guess 'reform' is standard operating dogma for every administration.

Once again how about the LAW actually be ENFORCED ?

How about the border actually be SECURED ?

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   

muse7

So, should I then be put to the front of the line on say Govt loans, if I robe a bank???

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   

neo96
reply to post by Indigo5

WASHINGTON -- A group of young undocumented immigrants ramped up a push this week for the ability to join the military, with about 20 visiting recruiting offices on Thursday to ask about enlistment. Undocumented immigrants are barred from enlisting.

Well that was a joke.

Confused? So did you lie when you said this or not?

neo96
reply to post by Indigo5

Military service.

WASHINGTON -- A group of young undocumented immigrants ramped up a push this week for the ability to join the military, with about 20 visiting recruiting offices on Thursday to ask about enlistment.

Undocumented immigrants are barred from enlisting.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Confused? So did you lie when you said this or not?

Confused about what ?

A known leftist 'news' website making excuses for people who break the law ?

Nope.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join