It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homeland Security Secretary: Illegals Have ‘Earned Right to be Citizens

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

This is what the government wants.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Theres no other logical explanation. Obviously our politicians have no problem with illegals and no desire to remedy lax immigration policies. In fact, immigration policies or lack thereof began, it seems, with NAFTA. Any insight towards this notion anyone?

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

its only 11 million, the US can handle it.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Even the pathway to citizenship is tenuous via military service...that said, there needs to be reform, but nothing in which is being offered by the political class is sane or logical.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   

beezzer
reply to post by marg6043

This is what the government wants.

Yeah because MOST are poor so they come here, and most of them REMAIN poor.

Thus ending up on social engineering programs.

Indeed overload, and crash.

Since those programs can't take care of the people already here.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   

ownbestenemy
reply to post by neo96

Even the pathway to citizenship is tenuous via military service...that said, there needs to be reform, but nothing in which is being offered by the political class is sane or logical.

I don't believe it does.

Immigration laws are designed for a trickle effect of flow in to the country.

Since resources here are finite, and as everyone has seen clearly.

There is not enough to go around.

Opening the flood gates will crash and burn this country more so than it already is.
edit on 26-1-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I didn't say "open the flood gates"; I said reformed. The process now is clouded in political expediency. Those that have broken the law to get here are treated with preferential treatment but those that go through the current process are mired in years of political red-tape.

That needs to be fixed and that is what I speak of. In regards to the military being a pathway, it doesn't equate to instant citizenship but it is used a recruitment ploy nonetheless.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

I didn't say "open the flood gates"; I said reformed.

That is what is going to happen regardless.

Those that have broken the law to get here are treated with preferential treatment but those that go through the current process are mired in years of political red-tape.

Maybe so but immigration laws is not like Burger King.

They are not always going to get it their way.

They need to grow up out of the instant gratification complex.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   
So anyways:

President Barack Obama's opponents -- especially those working for the Border Patrol and in law enforcement -- claim the recent change in immigration policy is meant to seal his Latino voting base, especially those who are suspected of being legal or illegal aliens who are fraudulently voting in U.S. elections.

www.examiner.com...

I am inclined to accept what the Border Patrol says over political pundits like DHS.

Statistical studies regarding illegal aliens and criminal activity are few and far between. But in a 2007 Government Accountability Office study of a sample population of 55,322 illegal aliens, analysts discovered that:

The GAO.

They were arrested at least a total of 459,614 times, averaging about 8 arrests per illegal alien. Nearly all had more than one arrest. Thirty-eight percent (about 21,000) had between 2 and 5 arrests, 32 percent (about 18,000) had between 6 and 10 arrests, and 26 percent (about 15,000) had 11 or more arrests. Most of the arrests occurred after 1990.

So Mr DHS tell me more how granting citizen ship to illegals enhances 'Homeland Security'.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   
They need them to pay the baby boomers Social Security Benefits.
imo

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   

neo96
reply to post by Liquesence

I think they should be treated EXACTLY like Mexico treats their 'illegals'.

Under the Mexican law, illegal immigration is a felony, punishable by up to two years in prison. Immigrants who are deported and attempt to re-enter can be imprisoned for 10 years. Visa violators can be sentenced to six-year terms. Mexicans who help illegal immigrants are considered criminals. Read more: www.washingtontimes.com... Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

I'm tired of people saying the US should do things like X country does things.

Such an irrational argument.

Do you want America to be America, or do you want America to be like Mexico, or Sudan, North Korea, or whatever other country? America is unique, which makes it great. Saying it should do things or be like like other countries is a huge fail.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

You would rather work in platitudes and not actually debate the issue at hand then? As with all "laws"; there are going to be those who do not adhere to it; so does reforming our criminal justice system suggest that we are "opening the flood gates" to ensuring that murderous villains take over the streets? Ridiculous argument? Nah, just placing your argument into context.

Moving back to immigration, there should be a quota system in place and those who actually obtain citizenship shouldn't have to be mired in red-tape to do so. Those who are just here to seek out work, that isn't filled by the populace or the immigration stream, should be considered.

You want to make this some simple A+B=C equation and then claim "they took r'jobs!"....sorry Neo, but you are being very simplistic on this.
edit on 26-1-2014 by ownbestenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   

marg6043

Most of the illegal work force in the nation are indeed in the poverty line, that is why they are called importers of poverty, when these people become citizens they will not turn rich overnight, they will became a burden of the welfare system as they will be able to collect welfare on their extended families and even stop working whatever low pay jobs they have.

More burden on the productive hard working class.

So you assume that hardworking immigrants will automatically quit their jobs, mooch off the system when they become citizens, and no longer work (hard)? That's the silliest thing i've ever heard. Proof?

The poverty line is not created by workers, so the "importing the poverty line" is not something they are doing purposefully. Most of them are just trying to make a living, as we all are. One reason the poverty divide exists is because of the job providers who do not pay (legally, due to legislation) a decent living wage that has not reflected the increase in the cost of living for the past couple of decades.

And no, people do not become rich overnight. Is that a reason to deny them?

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   

I'm tired of people saying the US should do things like X country does things. Such an irrational argument.

I fail to see the 'rational' in rewarding those who break the law.

Those who try to justify it are the ones being 'irrational'.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   

neo96

I'm tired of people saying the US should do things like X country does things. Such an irrational argument.

I fail to see the 'rational' in rewarding those who break the law.

Those who try to justify it are the ones being 'irrational'.

That's an entirely different argument.

It's irrational to want the US to be like other countries, THAT'S my point. Don't change the subject.

But maybe if the US made it easier for people to become citizens, the problem wouldn't exist as much.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

You would rather work in platitude and not actually debate the issue at hand then?

EXCUSE ME ?

As with all "laws"; there are going to be those who do not adhere to it; so does reforming our criminal justice system suggest that we are "opening the flood gates" to ensuring that murderous villains take over the streets? Ridiculous argument? Nah, just placing your argument into context.

Lets see here miss the GD immigration 'reform' of the 80s ?

MIss it completely ?

20 years down the GD road it is rinse and repeat.

It was 'reformed' then.

It has been 'reformed' since pretty much since this countries inception.

'Amnesty', granting citizenship does not solve a damn thing.

The so called 'reform' will not either.

Because in another 20 years the same thing is going to be happening.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

What is not mentioned is the Fact that Some Illegals entering the U.S. are here for Espionage purposes and possible Terrorists Acts . What the Hell is the Obama Administration and the NSA doing about that ?

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   

That's an entirely different argument.

No it isn't.

It's irrational to want the US to be like other countries, THAT'S my point. Don't change the subject.

I hear it all the time.

We need to be more like Canada.

We need to be more like England.

We need to be more like the EU, etc,

Subject wasn't changed.

Don't do the crime if they can't do the time.

But maybe if the US made it easier for people to become citizens, the problem wouldn't exist as much.

How about if the GD border was secured there would be no issue.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I believe it, the same way I believe that as long as the powers behind the government keep their money making scam they have not problem leaching away the wealth of the nation as they can move somewhere else to start all over again.

Billions of dollars are paid on tax refund on the poor, and more millions are send away by illegals working the US every year, so obviously Illegals have not desired to invest in the US economy, but to leach what they can away

IMPORTING POVERTY

importing-poverty.blogspot.com...

Revealed: How immigrants in America are sending $120 BILLION to their struggling families back home

In the United States last year, more than $120 billion was sent by workers to families abroad - making it the largest sender of remittances in the world. More than $23 billion went to Mexico, $13.45 billion to China, $10.84 billion to India and $10 billion to the Philippines, among other recipients.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

How this can possibly help Americas economy? because obviously more and more immigrants keep coming into the US and I don't blame them, If I can make money, pay almost no taxes and send the money back to my poor country where I can live a comfortable live I would do it, too, but rather I am stuck in the US were I am at disadvantage because I am a citizen..

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Now I am irked.

Seriously.

he Immigration Act of 1924, or Johnson–Reed Act, including the National Origins Act, and Asian Exclusion Act (Pub.L. 68–139, 43 Stat. 153, enacted May 26, 1924), was a United States federal law that limited the annual number of immigrants who could be admitted from any country to 2% of the number of people from that country who were already living in the United States in 1890, down from the 3% cap set by the Immigration Restriction Act of 1921, according to the Census of 1890. It superseded the 1921 Emergency Quota Act. The law was aimed at further restricting the Southern and Eastern Europeans, among them Jews who had migrated in large numbers since the 1890s to escape persecution in Poland and Russia, as well as prohibiting the immigration of Middle Easterners, East Asians, and Indians. According to the U.S. Department of State Office of the Historian the purpose of the act was "to preserve the ideal of American homogeneity".[1] Congressional opposition was minimal.

en.wikipedia.org...

What makes Latinos/Hispanics so special ?

WHAT ?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join