It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

F-35 fighter 'hit by software and reliability problems'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

K-77M?

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   
The Indian air force is comparing the make 50 they acquired from Russia to the F-35. They say it is a agile aircraft. Yet the stealth is rough and the avionics are not near the capabilities of the F-35. So In this game we know where the F35 stands in comparison. Even with the computer issues. I can only imagine what the f35 will do once its at full capacity. Avionics, agility, and all the gadgets it will have range over. Albeit drone assist..stealth and radar jamming? Who knows.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Bigburgh

I'd be curious to see what the Indian DoD's take on this is? This might be an issue more with Indian politics than with the aircraft. The report came from a business publication that may have a stake in what direction India goes, not to mention it was reported by FOX news.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Sammamishman

I can't go into details about what or how. I've said about all I can.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Mmm. I see your point...
I guess its best to keep a tab on it then..tried to find it in the aviationist..and James defense. Not found there yet.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   

I read what you wrote..seems very important..getting info out of you on this is like trying to pry open a Samsonite Clam....
Best we wait.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   

medium.com...

The Indians are less than impressed so far.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Ha..sell them an under powered jet that may show up on radar.
Genius...that way in time of battle..they can be out run and out gunned....by the Russians maybe.
But the Indians see.
No. Maybe it is a case of "we're not getting what we were promised".

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Thanks for the link.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Zaphod58
reply to post by Frankinpillow

Yes and no. The delays push costs up but the new contracts put at least some if not most of the over run on the contractors.

So who is making the UK buy them?If they don't want the most advanced aircraft they can A:make their own Or B:buy from the russions or Chinese and see where they stand in a couple of years to the F35.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   
They're better off getting just a couple T50's till its brought up to speed with structure,avionics and engines for now. Go with the Rafale. It'll kill their wallets. But at least the Rafale works. Not as good by U.S. standards. But it works.

Edit: just checked. Rafale beats f35 in range and speed. But what about armament and avionics. Looks so far if they can afford it..the EU. Should go with the rafale.
edit on 24-1-2014 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawg61

The UK and other close allies will never buy Russian or Chinese. They are too close and have too much interoperability. It's better and easier for that to happen if you have similar equipment and training.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Wow....I'll bet the Russians are sweating bullets right about now. This makes me feel better too.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Zaphod58
reply to post by intrptr

You seriously think they haven't developed a defense against EMP? It's not the be all end all weapon. The military and weapon designers have been aware of it since the 40s, and you think they haven't come up with a counter?

Well of course they have a counter measure. Which also hasn't been tested in the "real" theatre of nuclear war yet either…

its just passed the "tests".

Sorry Zaphod. I know better than to get into an "invulnerable American military hardware thread" discussion with you…

intrptr out
edit on 24-1-2014 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

So now I'm saying the American military is invulnerable? I have never once said that or even hinted that. All militaries around the world have developed advanced technologies.

How do you think they test? Run a computer simulation and hope? They put them into a special chamber and hit them with more EM than any weapon can put out. All aircraft undergo a LOT of EM testing. Enough to know if they will survive an EMP. It doesn't matter if it's the US, Russia, China or anyone else.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Chinese parts?

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   

edit on CSTFripm5661 by TDawg61 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Zaphod58
reply to post by TDawg61

The UK and other close allies will never buy Russian or Chinese. They are too close and have too much interoperability. It's better and easier for that to happen if you have similar equipment and training.

Yes I realize that Zaphod58.I was being facetious but you took me literally I think

top topics

<< 1   >>

join