It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Senator Calls for Using IRS to Curtail Tea Party Activities

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I have no problem with trying to close loopholes or get rid of laws that enable excessive campaign donations from groups that aren't what they claim to be. As long as such are enforced equally.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Funny how there was nothing ever done about this:

A new report obtained by Townhall from the non-partisan Government Accountability Institute [GAI] shows the Obama campaign has potentially violated federal election law by failing to prevent the use of fraudulent or foreign credit card transactions on the official Obama for America [OFA] donation webpage.

townhall.com...

See the EPIC double standard.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   
When are we going to stop these political idiots who deem us as peons to rule over. To stupid rule ourselves. This is why the Constitution was developed. To stop the tyranny of the puppet government being ran by elites. It is time to take back our country and our Constitution. Read my signature and March with us on May 16th in DC. A rally to save our Constitution

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   

xuenchen
reply to post by Flatfish

Why would anyone eagerly await O'Keefe's next film?

Well Umm Uhh

Because they're entertaining.

Perhaps maybe more people should loosen up a little.

I know it's all nerve wracking, but.

They're hardly entertaining, if anything they are deliberately misleading and irritating.

But the really sickening part is where people like yourself who claim to watch this fraud for entertainment, turn right around and post his material as if it were factual when nothing could be further from the truth.

Here are just a few false statements made by yourself in a previous thread after O'Keefe "supposedly" exposed ACORN;

www.abovetopsecret.com...

ACORN is notorious for voter registration fraud as well as corruption within their own ranks.

Watch Out !!

Be Aware !!

Do not support these criminals when confronted.

ACORN is dangerous and is a threat to all Americans (even the ones they pretend to support !)

They are infested with criminals and con artists of many sorts

ACORN = Corruption

What about the embezzlement ?

What about all the criminal problems ?

Congress defunded the outfit......why was that?

The actual truth about ACORN can be found everywhere on the internet today but apparently you don't find posting the truth about a subject near as entertaining as promoting lies;

www.truth-out.org...
news.firedoglake.com...
www.huffingtonpost.com...
www.npr.org...
veracitystew.com...
www.nydailynews.com...

I could have listed numerous additional references, all explaining how ACORN was cleared of any wrongdoing while O'Keefe was simultaneously exposed for being the fraud that he is, but what's the use?

IMO, you derive your entertainment from propagating lies on the internet and O'Keefe is one of your most cherished sources of misinformation. This isn't about my need to "loosen up a little" but rather, it's about the need to call out those who's sole purpose is to lie and mislead the public in order to persuade them to support a false paradigm.

It's NOT funny, it's NOT truthful, it's NOT informative and it's damn sure NOT entertaining! IMO, it can only be described as malicious, deceitful and deliberate.

I'm just calling em like I see em.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Sadly, his rhetoric only enforces how totalitarian and just outright STUPID progressive ideas are!

The only thing progressives really want is for them to be in total control and dictate to the rest of us how to feel, think and act. Oh, and they'll make sure they appropriate everything you own for the "greater good". Of course, what that really means is how to take what you have and give it to them.

Of course, my belief is that the Tea Party really got moving with Ron Paul and Rick Santelli's rant on CNBC. Then, it was hijacked by the hacks inside the GOP. You know, the ones who rigged the ballots at the state conventions so Ron Paul didn't pick up any delegates. Yeah, those honest, good-intentioned folks who really believe in free elections.

The Tea Party is essentially a sub-subsidiary of the GOP. And, unfortunately, it is IMPOSSIBLE for anyone to be a 3rd party candidate and actually win a high-level national election. Folks that claim to be running as an INDEPENDENT, really are no such thing.

This country is way past the point of solving its problems through elections. The corruption, greed and concentration of power within the executive branch has grown to the point where only a catastrophic event (global disaster, economic crisis, revolutions, invasion) could abolish the so-called government we currently have.

Schumer is an idiot. Always has been. Just another player in the chess game. I'm sure he gets his talking points right from the top and goes out like a good little soldier, ranting about this or that. Everything is calculated.

Just shows that the IRS really isn't an administrative agency, but a political tool to be used in order to get back at people someone doesn't like. And, it seems from all outward appearances, they swing left.

I can't in good conscious vote in any national or state election any longer. While I still hold out hope with local elections, the outcome is typically decided well in advance of election night.
edit on 24-1-2014 by Freenrgy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Well somebody sure got Acorn stirred up enough to change their names.

Maybe the efforts against the "Tea Party" is retaliation.

Perhaps Schumer suffered some financial losses from the Acorn debacles.

There were a few localized convictions btw.

google " acorn convictions financial fraud " and see.

Too off topic so start a new thread.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   

They're hardly entertaining, if anything they are deliberately misleading and irritating.

Sorry talking about the Democratic party there ?

But the really sickening part is where people like yourself who claim to watch this fraud for entertainment, turn right around and post his material as if it were factual when nothing could be further from the truth

Haven't seen any truth coming from the flip side of that coin see first comment.

Here are just a few false statements made by yourself in a previous thread after O'Keefe "supposedly" exposed ACORN

This thread is not long enough to list all the lies of the flip side of that coin.

Disparaging, and targeting the Tea Party when their opposites have exactly ZERO high ground.

Is political hackery.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Funny that the left likes to call the right fascists when they act like fascists themselves.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by amfirst1

That chart is beyond bogus.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   

amfirst1

Funny that the left likes to call the right fascists when they act like fascists themselves.

Yes, it's a common perception they try to instill into people's minds.

I would say Senator Schumer is well near the end on the Left side.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   
It shouldn't be used to curtail TEA Party activities, but should be used to curtail the political activities of PACs and Super PACs in general.

ALL PACs have to follow a rule that they can only be active in politics for 49% of the time and money that they spend in order to get tax exempt status. I bet they ALL break that rule, on both sides.

I bet if you ask ANY PAC to produce receipts to show where they've spent 49% of their money to promote "community wellbeing" (a requirement of tax exemption) they'd be very, very hard pressed to find any receipts.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   

amfirst1

Nice picture, but you forgot "Nationalism" in there as well, a bit further to the right of where TEA Party currently is.

"America for Christian, White, Straight Americans" - that sort of thing.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

There's a lot of Left Wing "Nationalism" too.

Senator Schumer is one example.

Nationalism in basic forms still subscribes to Authoritarianism and Totalitarianism, so it's all Left of center.

[/IMO]

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Funny how the IRS only gets in trouble for monitoring Tea Party finances but, they never get in trouble for screwing over the avg American?

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Try this one for accuracy.

Though Anarchism on the right side is misnamed. Right wing ideologies cannot embrace anarchism because they have no problem with hierarchy as long as it's private not government.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Obviously our leaders don't bother keeping up with current events,huh?OK,I'll tell him.Hey Chuck your boss has been using a organization that most want disbanded as his own political police force for years now.
Edit to add:And you can bet this is yet another issue that the president will ignore for his big upcoming state of the union address.Washington is totally lost it seems..l
edit on CSTFripm5461 by TDawg61 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   
All religious extremists that crave political power are bad. Christian or Muslim, America has had enough damage from religious nuts.

Persecution is not the answer though.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Hmmm, how about this: start a politically oriented group and don't crawl to the IRS asking for recognition. Tell your contributors in plain and simple words that their donations are in no way tax deductible. Use the money you collect as you see fit and don't bow down to the little tin gods. It is simple and it works.
I had the great honor and pleasure of working with just such a group back in the 1990s. The basic government structure of our county had become corrupt and it became clear to some of us that neither party was interested in cleaning up the place, rather they were interested only in the position with the perks. We came together, formed a concerned citizens group and made the decision not to seek the Feds approval for a group that wanted to solve a local issue. We informed our donors that we would be giving an accounting of the expenses on a monthly basis. Our finances were open to the members. We raised and spent about $70k and as a result we got a fruitbasket turnover in our county government. We recruited candidates by approaching people that we felt could and would handle the jobs with dignity and honor. We held candidate forums for every elected office and made them available on radio and TV as well as live. We had about 60 members, of which about 20 of us worked at this cause like it was a part-time job because we could see the future and it looked really dim if we didn't have some drastic changes.
If people are serious about changing government, they must be the change. The IRS can't harass you if you don't play their game. If you have to have a tax deduction in order to make a donation---you're playing their game and you will never win. What we do with our money as private citizens is none of the government's business. What we did is perfectly legal and it works for people who are truly interested in finding solutions to problems.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Its been a long time since the dozen or so members of congress who badged them self "tea party" have been blamed for everything that goes wrong. When will we start seeing those news stories again? Imagine if there were 24 "tea party" congress next time of the 535? If 12 can stop the whole government then 24 will definitely doom us all LOL.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   
A serious 3rd party is needed to stop the divisive "US or THEM" mentality that is ripping the country apart.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join