It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Senator Calls for Using IRS to Curtail Tea Party Activities

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Snarl
Brother, the Tea Party is playing by the established rules and previously established precedence.

Actually, many of them weren't. When it was all said and done, many of them were not even abiding by the "past precedence," (which was illegally & unilaterally established by the sitting IRS commissioner in 1959) of "primarily" using their funds to promote social welfare. Many of them were in fact, proven to have spent well over 51% of their net incomes on politics.

Snarl
If the Tea Party doesn't get tax exempt status ... neither should the other political party contributors.

I couldn't agree more! No one other than not-for-profit organizations who operate for the "exclusive" purpose of promoting social welfare should be approved under the 501(c)4 statutes. If they want to be political entities, then let them file as such. Of course this would require them to disclose the identity of their donors and that's what they're trying to avoid.

Snarl
That's what the establishment FEARS. They are going to lose THEIR funding base (both old-guard parties). The last thing either the DEMS or REPUBS want is a level playing field.

And what kind of a "level playing field" should we ever expect to have so long as money rules the day in Washington at a time when 85 of the richest people in the world have more money than 3 billion of the poorest?

If we ever expect to "take our government back," we're going to have to start by taking the money out of the picture and replacing it with the voice of the common voter, as it was intended to be.

I can't tell you when we actually lost control over our government but I can sure as hell tell you this, it started in 1959.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Flatfish

Flat, it started long before '59, the first gear of the anti freedom mega-machine started turning on the federal reserve enactment, and has not slowed one bit...

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   

$3,000,000,000,000.00 to Dem's in 2012 federal Presidential election.
$3,000,000,000,000.00 to Repub's in 2012 federal Presidential election.
Zero to Tea Party in 2012...just 1200 IRS audits!!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Flatfish
If we ever expect to "take our government back," we're going to have to start by taking the money out of the picture and replacing it with the voice of the common voter, as it was intended to be.

Exactly. To what address would you like me to send your Tea Party application form? LOL

BTW, that's my star on your post at the top of the page.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Granite
Zero to Tea Party in 2012...just 1200 IRS audits!!!!!!!!

Really? Are you actually stating that Tea Party affiliated groups got no funding during the last election? Wow! As much as they like lying to the American public, I don't even think Fox News is bold enough to make that statement.

Surely, you can do better than that.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Do you remember 2013 and the IRS scandal?
The squash all 501c3 direction in IRS emails?
Surely you remember Congressional hearings...5th admendment woman?

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

I appreciate the star, but don't waste the Tea Party application on me as I won't be joining that group anytime soon.

While I do support some of the principles supported by the Tea Party, I can in no way support the political buffoons they have chosen to represent them in Congress. IMO, people like Louie Gohmert & Ted Cruz, (just to name a couple) represent the apex of ignorance and just plain outright stupidity. As a matter of fact, I can't think of a single Tea Party representative that I could support.

The Koch brother, Sheldon Adelson, Dick Armey, Rupert Murdoch, Rush Limbaugh and Roger Ailes pretty much represent the exact opposite of what I want to see in my government and so long you see them throwing their support behind the Tea Party, you won't find me signing up to join them.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Granite

Do you remember 2013 and the IRS scandal?
The squash all 501c3 direction in IRS emails?
Surely you remember Congressional hearings...5th admendment woman?

I'm retired and I watched every minute of it. Did you?

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   

teslahowitzer

Flat, it started long before '59, the first gear of the anti freedom mega-machine started turning on the federal reserve enactment, and has not slowed one bit...

Does the federal reserve make donations to political campaigns?

I think the federal reserve was created in order to manipulate currency whereas the IRS code has been corrupted in order to secretly manipulate our elected officials in Congress.
edit on 23-1-2014 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   

I bet their stockholders do !!

And their "supporters".

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   

xuenchen

I bet their stockholders do !!

And their "supporters".

And if they were adhering to the original intent of the IRS statutes we'd know, now wouldn't we?

I'm telling you, the whole reason they have corrupted the code is to insure that we don't know who they are or if they did.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

U.S. Senator Charles Schumer (D, NY) is a COMMUNIST . Figures he would be for something like that . Time for the American People to Take Back their Goverment from the Communists who Now Dominate the Democratic Peoples Party .

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   

snarky412
reply to post by xuenchen

Yeah, he and Gov.Cuomo seem to have the same views
Governor Cuomo: ‘Extreme Conservatives Have No Place In New York’

What great mentality for Men in power to have *shakes head*
'If you don't think like us, you are not one of us and therefore you are not welcome'

I think we as a society are digressing and now we are being subjected to a 5 year olds way of thinking:
'Ewe, you've got cooties, go away....we don't want to play with you'
*sigh*

edit on 23-1-2014 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

That's Not All,,, He's evidently making an effort to make Obama Happy.
He's taken his cue from this Administration and demanded all of O'Keefe's documents and financials records just days after the article we here at ATS are aware of of Gov. Cuomo's Hated of Conservatives living in New York.

Conservative activist James O'Keefe is accusing New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo's administration of targeting his group with document requests and a subpoena, claiming the Democratic governor's recent comments critical of conservatives "aren't simply words."

O'Keefe, whose Project Veritas is behind a series of hidden-camera investigations against left-leaning groups and causes, made the claims on the heels of the controversy over a recent Cuomo interview. In it, Cuomo blasted "extreme conservatives who are right-to-life, pro-assault-weapon, anti-gay" and said they "have no place" in New York. He later walked back his remarks, and said they were being taken out of context in the media.

But O'Keefe claimed that Cuomo's government is acting on those words, revealing that the Department of Labor has hit his office in Westchester County, N.Y., with demands for financial documents for months. He compared it to IRS targeting of conservative groups nationwide.

"Governor Cuomo's shocking words this past week aren't simply words," O'Keefe said in a statement. "Governor Cuomo and the New York Department of Labor are on a witch hunt, demanding all documents and financials since our founding. ... His goal, of course, is to harass us and limit our effectiveness by tying us up in court. Just like President Obama used the IRS to target and suppress conservatives, Governor Cuomo is using his Department of Labor to do the same exact thing."

link

Looks like the Governor has his Marching Orders and he's implementing them.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Chuck Schumer, what a freedom fighter. Some of us are old enough to remember his introduction of HR2580 right after OKC. That was an awesome example of freedom championed by old Chucky. . . a person would get a 5 year prison term for speculating that the government was involved in conspiracy either in writing or on the internet.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

In light of this news,

I can't wait for O'Keefe's next video.

I wonder what the "question" will be?

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   

xuenchen

In light of this news,

I can't wait for O'Keefe's next video.

I wonder what the "question" will be?

Why would anyone eagerly await O'Keefe's next film?

The guy is known for creating deliberately misleading propaganda films. Hell, even Glenn Beck has called him out for it and you gotta be pretty low on the bar to get called out by Beck.

Then again, some people (yeah I'm talking about you Xuenchen) would rather promote a lie that they agree with than to accept the truth.

Yet another clear demonstration of that "willful ignorance" I spoke of earlier in this thread.

edit on 23-1-2014 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Why would anyone eagerly await O'Keefe's next film?

Well Umm Uhh

Because they're entertaining.

Perhaps maybe more people should loosen up a little.

I know it's all nerve wracking, but.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Just when you think things have gotten as creepy as they can.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 05:38 AM
link   
www.hollywoodreporter.com...

Dinesh D'Souza is accused of giving too much money to a candidate who sought to replace former New York Sen. Hillary Clinton. Producer Gerald Molen tells The Hollywood Reporter the charges are politically motivated.

Conservative filmmaker Dinesh D'Souza, whose documentary 2016: Obama's America took a critical look at President Barack Obama and was a surprise hit in 2012, will be arrested in New York on Friday for allegedly violating campaign-finance laws, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

D'Souza first learned he was being investigated in the middle of 2013, several months after 2016 had earned $33 million at the box office and become the second-most-popular political documentary in U.S. history. The film included an interview with Obama's half-brother, George Obama, who was mildly critical of the president.

Could this be another case of Chicago type politics ?

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 06:18 AM
link   
The Obama Presidency and the Progressives. Targeting and attacking American citizens who wish to voice their opinion in a legal manner. These people, regardless of their beliefs, are American citizens. They have a right to speak and to have an opinion. Why would the "leader" of the American people...attack the American people? Maybe because he doesn't respect or care about the American people? Unless I'm missing something, these people who aren't breaking any laws are part of the same people that the "President" works for, works to help, etc.

Maybe he is working for someone else. Or something else??? Obviously not the entire American public. And wouldn't that be partisan politics? Isn't his every move, every word and every action SUPPOSED to be to help ALL the American people and the country? I guess I missed the part of the oath of office where it says "and do whatever you f!@#$%^ want". I'm so sick of this ass-clown and his lies, attacks, and disgrace of the position of President.

Like a dog...its time to smack it on the snout with a newspaper before it craps all over the house.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join