It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: 170 ACORN-affiliated groups still active

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   

It looks like ACORN is alive and well under different names now.

After being broken and defunded by Congress, it seems at least two new names are still getting federal money !!

ACORN is notorious for voter registration fraud as well as corruption within their own ranks.

Watch Out !!

Be Aware !!

Do not support these criminals when confronted.

Washington Free Beacon article -- August 28, 2012

Many of ACORN’s affiliates, allies, and old chapters remain active under different names—and at least two have received federal dollars—despite the left-wing community-organizing group’s official dissolution and ban on receiving federal funds, according to a new report.

Cause of Action, a nonprofit government watchdog group, recently identified 174 active or rebranded ACORN affiliates, as well as organizations that share former ACORN staff.

The groups shared the same physical location, leadership or staff, or tax ID number as old ACORN chapters, Cause of Action said............
read the full article for revealing corruption connections

ACORN is dangerous and is a threat to all Americans (even the ones they pretend to support !)

They are infested with criminals and con artists of many sorts

ACORN = Corruption

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
OH MY GOD! How dare liberals have any organizations!

The only people worthy of working on this election are conservative super pacs!

Those evil liberals, working to get their candidates elected, the audacity of it all! They should just all kill themselves for even thinking differently than the righteous conservatives that have the good christian god on their side!

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Has there been any investigations into ACORN affiliates working at the polls? That's where I would be looking at first.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by RELDDIR

Has there been any investigations into ACORN affiliates working at the polls? That's where I would be looking at first.

The story looked like some IRS questions were being looked in to.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by HauntWok
OH MY GOD! How dare liberals have any organizations!

The only people worthy of working on this election are conservative super pacs!

Those evil liberals, working to get their candidates elected, the audacity of it all! They should just all kill themselves for even thinking differently than the righteous conservatives that have the good christian god on their side!

What about the embezzlement ?

What about all the criminal problems ?

Congress defunded the outfit......why was that?

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   

What about the embezzlement ?

*GASP* you mean to tell me that humans can be corrupt? Oh wait, that's not what you mean, you mean that Liberals are corrupt. I guess that sort of thing doesn't happen in Conservative organizations.

Kinda like SarahPAC, getting campaign donations to fund a vacation when Pailin had absolutely no intention of running for office. But that's ok, no problems there.

What about all the criminal problems ?

Cause people like Mitt Romney would never do something criminal. Naa, no offshore tax havens, no seedy deals, no corruption on the right at all.

Congress defunded the outfit......why was that?

Then what's the problem?

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Congress wrongly defunded ACORN and totally jumped the shark.
Read why here and here. All the allegations that resulted in defunding were later proven to be false.

join