It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is no God

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   

luciddream
People that believe in god. I'm am your god. Thank you for worshiping and having faith in me. It makes me happy.

What don't believe i'm your god!? Well you cant prove i'm not your god!

I can't prove that God exists any more than you can prove He doesn't, but I don't hear believers demanding proof that he doesn't.

You can continue to tell yourself that we have fragile world views and that we're simply scared of the truth, or you can just accept the fact that we're smart enough not to demand something from you that you don't possess.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Bone75

luciddream
People that believe in god. I'm am your god. Thank you for worshiping and having faith in me. It makes me happy.

What don't believe i'm your god!? Well you cant prove i'm not your god!

I can't prove that God exists any more than you can prove He doesn't, but I don't hear believers demanding proof that he doesn't.

You can continue to tell yourself that we have fragile world views and that we're simply scared of the truth, or you can just accept the fact that we're smart enough not to demand something from you that you don't possess.

You're the one whose tagline says "insist on the impossible".

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   

AfterInfinity
You're the one whose tagline says "insist on the impossible".

True, now if I could just get people to listen to me all the time....

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

My original statement was that freewill is nothing but a word of a person that still believe in god, but also ignores the fact that god's inability to do anything by using the term free will.

Freewill is nothing but an excuse given to god for it's inability to do anything. This statement stands whether god exists or not.

Believing in something that doesn't affect you does not make sense. A rock has the same value. But i have a special rock that grants wishes tho but that is another story.
edit on 1/22/2014 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

That really irritates you doesn't it?

Why?

What does it matter to you if others believe in God and free will?

Simply because you cant comprehend or believe it doesn't mean it's invalid.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   

What irritate some is that whenever something good happens it god, but whenever something bad happens "its free will" aka he deserved it because of what he did. Freewill even go far as blaming hurricane/tsunami victims.

The hypocrisy what irritates me.

*edit*

Simply because you cant comprehend or believe it doesn't mean it's invalid.

oops missed the subtle insult.

Its the opposite, i can comprehend fine, im not the one that is living in a fantasy world. I can handle the reality of the world in my own without any "drugs".
edit on 1/22/2014 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

This isn't about me personally, although I'd be happy to give you an answer if you want to continue this via PMs. And anyway, I made a mistake in engaging in this thread. This isn't a debate, it's a pissing contest. So if you want to hurl your next post at my back as I walk out the door, you're more than welcome to.

I only asked you a couple of "really good questions", as in:

you're complaining because you're being asked some really good questions you don't have answers to.

Why not just answer them? There's no need to become hostile...

See ya,
Milt

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   

luciddream

What irritate some is that whenever something good happens it god, but whenever something bad happens "its free will" aka he deserved it because of what he did. Freewill even go far as blaming hurricane/tsunami victims.

It's ok, you don't have to believe if you don't want to....

it's not like you'll end up in hell for eternity if you get it wrong - muhhahahahahha)
edit on 22-1-2014 by Beavers because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   

luciddream

I think that's called Karma.

But feel free to attribute it to God.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by twsnhr013

You're not even arguing against God's omnipotence. You're arguing against his inaction in situations where you think he should intervene. The 2 have nothing to do with each other.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Serdgiam

poloblack
Ok, politcal beliefs have some form of tangibility, whether it be an ideal, or a political party, or candidate. There's something tangible and visible to work with. Religious beliefs? Not so much. It's STRICTLY faith based. You've never seen or heard from a creator. It's all based on faith, belief, and hope. Sure, one could play with semantics here, but it is what it is.

Thank you for educating me on your opinion!

Im not as sure as you are about political beliefs having some form of tangibility though. I see many being pushed with no compromise and no actual facts or reality backing it up. And yet, such things form the basis of many nations.

I mean, our current president even ran and won under the premise of hope, belief in change, and faith that Obama would succeed. Politics are very, very frequently based on lies that people hope and believe are true.

Now, like I said, I think all of these things are better understood as methods rather than institutions. Its quite a big difference.

They can all have tangible aspects and non-tangible aspects. Their similarities are greater than their differences. Religious beliefs do not all include a creator either. I assume you are only talking about the religions that do?
If you read my previous post, I stated that all that I offered was my OPINION. Listen, believe what you will. And as long as I see innocent kids suffer, i.e., cancer, hunger, I'll believe what I will, and that is no one understands WHAT the ''creator'' is about, AT ALL.I stated earlier that my whole deal is about free will. Where does free will come in when it comes to childhood cancer? And why do the wicked continually get rewarded? I'll tell you my OPINION, because the idea of ''God'' is NOT what has been perpetrated over the last 200 plus years.And the term ''god'' can be attributed to many. Again, semantics. It's all about your faith and belief. Just as I stated earlier, none of us KNOW anything.
edit on 22-1-2014 by poloblack because: Left something out and misspelling

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   
God is a symbol of our ignorance, a conceptual net thrown over what we don't know. Those who say it does or doesn't exist end up proving their own ignorance in the process.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   

poloblack

Serdgiam

poloblack
Ok, politcal beliefs have some form of tangibility, whether it be an ideal, or a political party, or candidate. There's something tangible and visible to work with. Religious beliefs? Not so much. It's STRICTLY faith based. You've never seen or heard from a creator. It's all based on faith, belief, and hope. Sure, one could play with semantics here, but it is what it is.

Thank you for educating me on your opinion!

Im not as sure as you are about political beliefs having some form of tangibility though. I see many being pushed with no compromise and no actual facts or reality backing it up. And yet, such things form the basis of many nations.

I mean, our current president even ran and won under the premise of hope, belief in change, and faith that Obama would succeed. Politics are very, very frequently based on lies that people hope and believe are true.

Now, like I said, I think all of these things are better understood as methods rather than institutions. Its quite a big difference.

They can all have tangible aspects and non-tangible aspects. Their similarities are greater than their differences. Religious beliefs do not all include a creator either. I assume you are only talking about the religions that do?
If you read my previous post, I stated that all that I offered was my OPINION. Listen, believe what you will. And as long as I see innocent kids suffer, i.e., cancer, hunger, I'll believe what I will, and that is no one understands WHAT the ''creator'' is about, AT ALL.I stated earlier that my whole deal is about free will. Where does free will come in when it comes to childhood cancer? And why do the wicked continually get rewarded? I'll tell you my OPINION, because the idea of ''God'' is NOT what has been perpetrated over the last 200 plus years.And the term ''god'' can be attributed to many. Again, semantics. It's all about your faith and belief. Just as I stated earlier, none of us KNOW anything.
edit on 22-1-2014 by poloblack because: Left something out and misspelling
I meant 2000 plus

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   

poloblack

Just to be clear, I was actually thanking you for sharing your opinion.

Are you doing anything about the issues that are in the world? Id say thats more important than any debate about God.

Obviously things are the way they are, regardless of whether or not a God(s) is involved.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Serdgiam

poloblack

Just to be clear, I was actually thanking you for sharing your opinion.

Are you doing anything about the issues that are in the world? Id say thats more important than any debate about God.

Obviously things are the way they are, regardless of whether or not a God(s) is involved.
My apologies for taking your post out of context. And yes I am. I volunteer some of my off time to help at one of our local homeless shelter, and at one of our animal shelters. That's just some of what I do to try to help this world be a better place. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Aphorism
God is a symbol of our ignorance, a conceptual net thrown over what we don't know.

One of many symbols. Some symbols are more transparent to the transcendent than others.

Those who say it does or doesn't exist end up proving their own ignorance in the process.

Yes I agree, the transcendent is beyond pairs of opposites including existence/non-existence. Ineffable.

But the symbols are more than just words on a page or statues at a temple. They are masks of God. They are internally generated poetic images with precisely folded multiple-meanings that are consistent with the meanings of a system. They can be interacted with by the conscious mind as 'hallucinatory' figures via meditation and other spiritual disciplines.

If it wasn't for that sort of 'shamanic' interaction, we probably wouldn't be here. Humanity would have died out long ago without shamans.

edit on 22-1-2014 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueMule

If it wasn't for that sort of 'shamanic' interaction, we probably wouldn't be here. Humanity would have died out long ago without shamans.

They taught us we need narcotics to have mystical experiences. Where would humanity be without that?

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Rosinitiate
Long story short your viewing the picture wrong. Is a tiger evil for pouncing a gazelle? Depends who you ask, the tiger or the gazelle.

I am considering suffering in context. The difference between beast and evil is killing and torturing. Sounds like the Devil which is great news if your a Satanist. I however would never sacrifice an innocent to get ahead.

To put your tiger pouncing gazelle analogy into perspective let's consider a model. Imagine if the other side of existence was simply a jungle devoid of any civilized structure. The closest thing to a king would be a lion. Now consider, what if he ate souls? What shade of grey would that be?

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Fromabove

There is no god you say? Sure there is. Just because you don't believe it doesn't really make it so. But if it makes you feel good to say it, oh well, are you gonna be surprised.

I am going to be angry.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Aphorism
reply to post by BlueMule

They taught us we need narcotics to have mystical experiences. Where would humanity be without that?

Do I detect a hint of sarcasm and scorn?

Entheogens are but one of many tools in the shamans tool box. We don't 'need narcotics' to have mystical experiences.

edit on 23-1-2014 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join