It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is no God

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   
People that believe in god. I'm am your god. Thank you for worshiping and having faith in me. It makes me happy.

What don't believe i'm your god!? Well you cant prove i'm not your god!

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by twsnhr013

To see the suffering mankind causes upon other members of mankind during the present age we are living in can be painful to observe, and difficult to place into context.

Your OP is a reasonable conclusion when observing the evil that exists in the hearts of mankind presently.

The error in your OP is blaming God for the present sins of mankind.

God created mankind as a free moral agent, just as He did the angelic realm. Both angels and mankind were given a spirit mind with which they make decisions from. They observe, study, learn, grow, and ultimately determine for themselves what is right (good) and what is wrong (evil). That is the purpose of the present age; designed in perfection (exactly how is MUST be made to produce Elohim i.e. God's family).

God's commanded assemblies (Sabbaths; weekly and annually) recorded in scripture teach mankind about the perfect plan of Almighty God to create His spiritual family (Elohim) from physical mankind.

The weekly Sabbath is a good place to start:

"6 days shall you go about your own works; but the 7th day is the Sabbath of the Eternal. You shall not go about your own works therein."

"a day is as a thousand years to the Eternal your God."

6 days (6000 years) will be an age designed for mankind to go about their own works. To design their own laws, customs, governments, religions, morals, economies etc. according to their own desires/reasoning's/logic. We are living at the very end of this 6000 year "age" of the self rule of mankind over mankind. The suffering observed in this age is a result of mankind creating their own ideas about what is right (good) and what is wrong (evil) according to what "seems right in our own eyes". The 6000 year age of mankind's self rule was designed to teach mankind that "my way" (what I think is right and wrong) leads to sin which leads to pain, suffering, torment and death.

Your OP is the proof to your personal mind that civilization designed around what mankind thinks is right and wrong (present age) leads to pain, suffering and death. Because by perfect design our minds were made "subject to vanity" that results in everyone being "right in their own mind"; creating sin over all the Earth the results of which is your presently observed suffering over all the Earth.

This is not proof that there is no God, but that when mankind is left to rule themselves; we by nature are selfish and therefore hurt others when pursuing our desired ends.

The 7th day is the Sabbath of the Eternal (next 1000 years) this will be the age of the Kingdom of God on Earth (Good news), and will last 1000 years (millennium). After the fall of the present age (WW3) God will bring His Kingdom to rule the Earth, with Jesus Christ as "King of Kings" and the 144,000 redeemed from the age of mankind's self rule (saints; old testament prophets; apostles; disciples etc. over the course of 6000 years) will serve as "kings and priests" during this next age. All mankind that survives what is about to take place will be ruled over by the Kingdom of God and not a government of mankind's design (flawed by nature).

It is only then that mankind as a whole will learn fully that "my way" is wrong (evil) as witnessed in this present age. And "God's way" is right (good) as witnessed in the next age.

It is by this means only that an individual given free moral agency can willingly choose to live by God's ways rather than what seems right to me.

This all makes even more sense when you add God's annual commanded assemblies (Holy Days):

Passover - you must accept the Passover sacrifice (Jesus Christ as the Lamb of God was sacrificed on Passover in 31AD for the removal of sins). You must accept Jesus Christ as your Passover in order to be forgiven of your sins.

Unleavened Bread - You must spend your lifetime constantly removing leaving/sin from your life. Leavening is anything that "lifts up"; spiritually it is sin that "lift's up" a man above His creator God and His perfect laws of peace.

Pentecost - Receiving of the Holy Spirit. It was on Pentecost 31AD that the Holy Spirit of God (God's spirit; not a separate being) first entered into the minds of mankind, God's laws are spiritual and can only be kept in spirit and in truth. It requires God's mind (Holy Spirit) continually dwelling in your mind to even be capable of keeping God's laws (we, by ourselves, cannot). God will not dwell in sin (a mind with un-repented sin) therefore you must continually repent of sin to keep the flow of God's spirit coming into your mind.

Trumpets - Return of the King. This day represents the time in history we are about to live through. The sounding of the 7 trumpets of Revelation and on the final day when the 7th trumpet sounds Jesus Christ will return and place all ruler ship under God's Kingdom. We will actually live through the fulfillment of this Holy Day. Exciting times we live in.

Atonement - At One Ment. This day represents the putting away of Satan and his host for the 1000 year period of time to follow the present age. When Jesus Christ returns, he will restrain Satan and all demonic entities for the duration of the 1000 years. Satan will not have power to influence mankind during the next age, as he has been given to do so presently.

Feast of Tabernacles - This period of time represents the millennial reign of Jesus Christ and the 144,000 member Kingdom of God. Where everyday we sit at the feet of God and learn His ways/laws; practice them towards one another and learn collectively why God's way of life is the only way of life that leads to peace among men.

Last Great Day - The final Holy Day of God is the most exciting part of God's perfect plan, and places the concerns of the OP into correct context. This day represents the final phase of God's plan for physical mankind on Earth. Mankind was created, for the most part, to live twice on the Earth. Once in the present age we are living in now (according to our will); and once in the Great White Thrown age (according to God's will), which the Last Great Day represents. A final period of 100 years were the lion will lay down with the lamb (animal instinct will be altered), no one will die unjustly before there proper time etc. All mankind that has ever lived and died in the present age, having never learned or known God Almighty and His ways, will be resurrected to physical life a second time; to learn by first hand experience that "my way" in the first life lived during the present age leads to suffering, and "God's way" in the second life lived during the Great White Thrown age leads to life everlasting.

In the end (after 7100 years total) God Almighty will have created free moral agent beings (mankind) who have forged over two lifetimes the character (mind; way of thinking) of God. Billions of human beings will be transformed into God beings (Elohim) brothers and sister with Jesus Christ as children to a perfect God.

The most difficult job of Almighty God, more difficult than the physical creation itself, is to prove to mankind that any way of thinking in opposition to God's leads to suffering and death; and than have a selfish being by nature (mankind) willing choose to forsake his ways and begin living in unity and oneness with the perfect will of God. Only than can mankind be trusted with eternal life and the power of Elohim for all time.

"Let Elohim (God Family) transform mankind (over time) into the spiritual image (character) of Elohim (God family)."

That is the best summary of the entire purpose of our creation found in scripture.

Remember:
"Keep Holy the Sabbaths (commanded assemblies) of the Eternal; for they are a sign/MARK/symbol, forever and throughout your generations, that I am your God and you are my peoples."

Good luck in your search for answers among the chaos of this age.

God Bless,

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Neither does the UN Do they exist?

Is UN god?

How is that a comparison?

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Serdgiam

poloblack
I see what you're getting at but I'll put it like this...sure we operate on beliefs of some sort, but a political belief is totally different from a religious belief, no?

Well, one is political and the other religious.. both can lead to zealotry, and both are considered to be impolite to talk about at dinner with guests.

Then, you have those that intermingle the two.

In the end, they are both methods that pertain to daily life, and the quality there-in.

How differently do you see it?
Ok, politcal beliefs have some form of tangibility, whether it be an ideal, or a political party, or candidate. There's something tangible and visible to work with. Religious beliefs? Not so much. It's STRICTLY faith based. You've never seen or heard from a creator. It's all based on faith, belief, and hope. Sure, one could play with semantics here, but it is what it is.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   

SLAYER69
reply to post by poloblack

BS

The "Creator" Being aware of whats going to happen doesn't mean it invalidates it, it just means they/it/he/she/whatever, are aware of whats about to, has or will transpire.

Real life example.

I knew for a fact that if my 3 year old son were to put his hand on the stove top burner he'd get hurt. He was warned but in the end he went and did it anyways.

Exceptional reply Slayer.

That is EXACTLY what this present age is all about.

Free will with a warning (Bible) not to touch the stove. Mankind does what they want anyway (touch the stove) and they feel pain because of that choice. This perfect example is the exact purpose for this present age. The 3 year old son will now willing choose to obey the warning because they experienced the pain of disobeying it first hand. This is how God creates His mind in His people and it is the very reason why we were created physical and not spiritual (as the angelic beings were) to begin with.

God Bless,

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   

twsnhr013

AfterInfinity

Very fair. My view is that if we cared half as much as much about the earth and each other as we do about God and the afterlife, half our problems would vanish in a second. So honestly, I think God is doing us about as much good as burying yourself in a video game while the house burns down around you.

That's my view.
edit on 22-1-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

I like this. We should care more about our fellow humans and less about God and the afterlife.

God's commandment teach mankind the way to have peace among follow men.

1-4 = how to Love God
5-10 = how to Love Mankind

If we kept the laws of God, it would automatically result in caring (loving) others and the Earth. Sadly we keep our own laws in the present age, by design.

God bless,

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ElohimJD

I find that very faulty logic. "The person made a choice to do something stupid and it's their life, so I shouldn't feel bad for doing nothing." Imagine if everyone felt that way when they have the opportunity to make a difference. Probably why we can't rely on your god for squat. We have to do it ourselves because he and his acolytes are too busy thinking of ways to avoid being useful.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   

1-4 = how to Love God

If we kept the laws of God, it would automatically result in caring (loving) others and the Earth. Sadly we keep our own laws in the present age, by design.

God bless,

Why did he have to waste four commandments on making sure we paid attention to him? Imagine what marvelous advice he could have given us on social relationships and Earthly management instead of attention-seeking.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   

poloblack
Ok, politcal beliefs have some form of tangibility, whether it be an ideal, or a political party, or candidate. There's something tangible and visible to work with. Religious beliefs? Not so much. It's STRICTLY faith based. You've never seen or heard from a creator. It's all based on faith, belief, and hope. Sure, one could play with semantics here, but it is what it is.

Thank you for educating me on your opinion!

Im not as sure as you are about political beliefs having some form of tangibility though. I see many being pushed with no compromise and no actual facts or reality backing it up. And yet, such things form the basis of many nations.

I mean, our current president even ran and won under the premise of hope, belief in change, and faith that Obama would succeed. Politics are very, very frequently based on lies that people hope and believe are true.

Now, like I said, I think all of these things are better understood as methods rather than institutions. Its quite a big difference.

They can all have tangible aspects and non-tangible aspects. Their similarities are greater than their differences. Religious beliefs do not all include a creator either. I assume you are only talking about the religions that do?

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Some people assume due to all the suffering, evil and other horrible things that happen to us, that there isn't any God because it wouldn't allow all these things to occur etc. Well this is valid from a individuals point of view, if he or she has gone through some horrible events and hardship and those that see all these evens occur and ask why are they happening. From a wider perspective it doesn't hold up. A great deal of unpleasant things that happen here are due to the will of individuals, groups and governments, not any external force, so it appears.

If we except what the Bible tells us, even spiritual evils have a hand in why the world is like it is. Also we must take into consideration we are a very small world in a infinite universe and our understanding on the large view of creation are bound to be very limited, and our theories and what we consider reality will in the course of time, become undone, as we grow and learn more.

If there is a God, well define what God is? An energy source? Creation? An explanation to explain why we exist? These are questions which has been asked time and again. The scientists with their limited knowledge come up with theories such as there is no such thing has nothing, then they can move forward with their perception of the Big Bang to start the physical universe, these are not facts just theories nothing more, they just don't know, same with God you could say.
edit on 22-1-2014 by Frankinpillow because: reworded

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   

AfterInfinity

I find that very faulty logic. "The person made a choice to do something stupid and it's their life, so I shouldn't feel bad for doing nothing." Imagine if everyone felt that way when they have the opportunity to make a difference. Probably why we can't rely on your god for squat. We have to do it ourselves because he and his acolytes are too busy thinking of ways to avoid being useful.

re-read my first post in this thread.

The present age is of our making (mankind), it is God's will for us to determine for ourselves what is right and wrong in the present age, and suffer the consequences of those choices. So we can learn first hand why only God's definition of right and wrong produces peace.

God requires us to willing choose His way of thinking, and physical beings learn the most powerful lessons through physical pain caused by "our will".

You have to learn the entire plan and not just the plan for the present age to "see" the omnipotent, omnipresent, omnibenevolent nature of God.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   

AfterInfinity

1-4 = how to Love God

God bless,

Why did he have to waste four commandments on making sure we paid attention to him? Imagine what marvelous advice he could have given us on social relationships and Earthly management instead of attention-seeking.

Because we must learn how to Love God, we are not born with this understanding.

And only 6 commandments are needed to teach mankind how to love each other. All social relationships and Earthly management concerns are covered by those 6 commandments in spirit and in truth.

God Bless,

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   

ElohimJD

AfterInfinity

re-read my first post in this thread.

The present age is of our making (mankind), it is God's will for us to determine for ourselves what is right and wrong in the present age, and suffer the consequences of those choices. So we can learn first hand why only God's definition of right and wrong produces peace.

God requires us to willing choose His way of thinking, and physical beings learn the most powerful lessons through physical pain caused by "our will".

You have to learn the entire plan and not just the plan for the present age to "see" the omnipotent, omnipresent, omnibenevolent nature of God.

If I might ask you a very serious question: what gives you the idea that this "God" is an actual person and not just a mechanism?

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   

AfterInfinity
If I might ask you a very serious question: what gives you the idea that this "God" is an actual person and not just a mechanism?

Person?

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   
When someone says god, they give this ultimate limit, like there is no one else above, i think that is the most retarded thought process. Who gave you knowledge to say what is high.

For as much as you are concerned, you are praying to an alien or a giant space faring tortoise and you are nothing but a manifestation of it's dreams. farfetched!? i think not!

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   

luciddream
Is UN god?

Does the UN actually really help people?

How is that a comparison?

That was your original query of God. I gave you a flesh and blood entity and asked the same question.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   

luciddream
For as much as you are concerned, you are praying to an alien or a giant space faring tortoise and you are nothing but a manifestation of it's dreams. farfetched!? i think not!

Scoot over

You're hogging this side of the petridish

edit on 22-1-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   

SLAYER69

AfterInfinity

Person?

I think he means 'persona' as in the mask or appearance one presents to the world.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Which is actually a surprisingly low amount, given that 95% of the American population that boasts some form or degree of religious affiliation. If you compare the numbers, scientists are less likely to believe in a higher power than the average American civilian. If you go by the numbers in that website, anyway.

None of that has anything to do with the point I was making...

That poll, VERY CLEARLY, demonstrates that 51% of the SCIENTISTS that participated in that particular poll, do indeed, disagree with:

Science tells us that the current understanding of "God" is 100% retarded,

I'm curious, do your peers consider you to be a scientist?

See ya,
Milt

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   

BenReclused
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Which is actually a surprisingly low amount, given that 95% of the American population that boasts some form or degree of religious affiliation. If you compare the numbers, scientists are less likely to believe in a higher power than the average American civilian. If you go by the numbers in that website, anyway.

None of that has anything to do with the point I was making...

That poll, VERY CLEARLY, demonstrates that 51% of the SCIENTISTS that participated in that particular poll, do indeed, disagree with:

Science tells us that the current understanding of "God" is 100% retarded,

I'm curious, do your peers consider you to be a scientist?

See ya,
Milt

This isn't about me personally, although I'd be happy to give you an answer if you want to continue this via PMs. And anyway, I made a mistake in engaging in this thread. This isn't a debate, it's a pissing contest. So if you want to hurl your next post at my back as I walk out the door, you're more than welcome to.

Peace.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join