It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Four Dead in 2 separate plant explosions in the Heartland

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Two people died and 10 were injured Monday morning in Omaha, Nebraska, when the second floor of an animal feed plant collapsed. In Madill, Oklahoma, two workers died when a large industrial furnace exploded at a steel plant Monday afternoon.

Deadly U.S. plant explosions under investigation in two states

Here I go again folks...on and on about the dangerous gas plumes causing more and more mysterious explosions. Methane and hydrogen sulfide are releasing at dangerous levels into our atmosphere and it's becoming more difficult to ignore with these plant explosions, home explosions and unexplained vehicle fires all over the place. Methane gas is lighter-than-air and will rise high into the atmosphere when released from hydrates under the oceans where the waters are warming at unprecedented levels while hydrogen sulfide, a heavier-than-air gas will release into the air but eventually drift down to the surface where it is finding plenty of ignition sources. The end result, dangerous explosions and fires. Check out this website for a more detailed explanation and a daily tracking of these unexplained fire incidents that are happening all over the world.

Jumping Jack Flash Hypothesis

The administrator of this site, Johnny, has been stating for quite some time that we'll start paying attention when there are more human casualties. Sure enough, in just one day in the heartland of America, there are two separate explosions resulting in the loss of life. There have been so many of these explosions and we're never given an explanation of the cause. This time, because of loss of life, we are being told there is an investigation, but we'll be fed a bunch of BS rather than told the truth.

From the website linked above

The seas, lakes and oceans are now pluming deadly hydrogen sulfide and suffocating methane. Hydrogen sulfide is a highly toxic water-soluble heavier-than-air gas and will accumulate in low-lying areas. Methane is slightly more buoyant than normal air and so will be all around, but will tend to contaminate our atmosphere from the top down. These gases are sickening and killing oxygen-using life all around the world, including human life, as our atmosphere is increasingly poisoned. Because both gases are highly flammable and because our entire civilization is built around fire and flammable fuels, this is leading to more fires and explosions. This is an extinction level event and will likely decimate both the biosphere and human population and it is debatable whether humankind can survive this event.

I've done these threads before as I continue to follow these fires and explosions, and I'll keep following them. I've been on this for over a year now and I've definitely noticed a huge increase in these explosions. I pray that by the time people wake up to this dire threat, it's not too late.

Here is some more info on what is happening from the site above

The waters of the Earth are now pluming suffocating methane and deadly hydrogen sulfide, both highly flammable gases.

Ancient anaerobic bacteria and archaea that pre-date oxygen-using life are reassuming dominance on the Earth. As part of their life cycle these bacteria and archaea emit hydrogen sulfide. As a consequence, the oceans, lakes and seas have begun to plume increasing amounts of hydrogen sulfide into the atmosphere. This is an ancient extinction event. Hydrogen sulfide is the likely culprit in many if not all previous planetary extinction events.

Hydrogen sulfide is a deadly broad-spectrum poison. It is lethal to humans with one or two breaths in concentrations of 1 part per thousand. In other words, if the air you breathe is 99.9% clean and 0.1% hydrogen sulfide then you're going to be dead after one or two breaths. It is also a water-soluble gas and will contaminate water. It is a heavier-than-air gas so it will tend to seek out low-lying areas such as rivers, lakes, seas, oceans, valleys, ravines, ditches, quays, bays, gorges, canyons, basements, underground facilities, etc. It is also highly flammable and is reactive with numerous substances, including (but not limited to) copper, rusty iron/steel, nitric acid, and sodium hydroxide.

At very low concentrations hydrogen sulfide is said to smell like 'rotten eggs'. However, you should not count on being able to smell it at any concentration beyond the trivial as it paralyzes the olfactory sense and if you can smell it at all then the smell will fade rapidly. That does not mean the danger is gone! At medium-high concentrations some people say that it can smell 'flowery' or 'sickeningly sweet'. I have smelled that odor myself, when a septic worker had a sewer lid open and was pumping excrement into the sewer from porta-potties. (I got as far away from there as I could before I took another breath.)

This hydrogen sulfide is also entering higher levels of the atmosphere reacting away the hydroxyl radicals that help eliminate methane in those layers. Now, more and more methane is accumulating there, which is much worse to global warming than CO2. As this accumulates, more and more methane hydrates are releasing from melting ice, permafrost, and from underneath the sea floor. This release is increasing the amounts of methane in the upper levels of our atmosphere which traps the sun's heat from escaping away when it bounces of the surface of the planet, via short wave infrared.

And why is this happening? From the website

The simple answer is: heat. The ancient anaerobic bacteria and archaea that produce hydrogen sulfide as part of their life cycle like warm environments that are rich in biomatter and devoid of oxygen. The warmer the waters of the Earth become, the less oxygen they can hold. For years we have been told about 'dead zones' spreading throughout the oceans. That's what 'dead zones' are: hypoxic (low-oxygen) or anoxic (no-oxygen) areas.

In recent years we have seen many large-scale oceanic die-offs with millions of fish bubbling up dead. Often these events are blamed on 'low TDO levels'. TDO stands for 'total dissolved oxygen'. In other words, we've been told that life in the oceans is dying because of low oxygen levels. Well, that's precisely the environment that the ancient anaerobic bacteria and archaea that emit hydrogen sulfide love. The corpses of the fish are themselves biomatter and those bacteria and archaea will eat those corpses, essentially turning dead fish into poison gas, which then kills more fish, and so on - a chain reaction.

Where is the heat coming from? There are two obvious possibilities: from above or from below. It's actually both. First, the ice started melting around the planet. Whether that was because of human pollution or cycles of the Sun or galactic alignment or whatever else is irrelevant, at least to me. I would be hesitant to blame humans too much though, since this has all happened before when no human beings existed at all.

Here is the page from the site that has this explanation in further detail...

The hypothesis

He goes on to explain earthquakes and volcanoes and their relationship to the melting ice. It's a great read with lots of information. Check it out.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   
This is what happens when you defund the environmental regulators that should be doing regular inspections on facilities.

Republicans will love to tell you that "We don't need more regulations, we need better enforcement of existing regulations", on one hand, while the other hand is busy writing bills defunding the agencies that send out those inspectors.

They don't need to change any laws, which is difficult. All they need to do is defund the agencies.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I'm probably going to embarrass myself again by asking another dumb question, but I'll do it anyway.

Could this in any way be connected with the massive sinkholes that are appearing around the country?

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Well this post certainly gave me a different perspective on fires of unknown origins. I can also see applying his to the global warming issues such that if this is truly a cycle of life that our planet has gone through previously then it really may make very little difference what we humans do or have already done to combat this greenhouse effect or global warming.

I might find myself looking into this further when I get a block of spare time. Until then, I'm going to follow this and see what else I can learn.

Thanks Rez!

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Rezlooper

I understand that fracking also releases methane? Is that correct or have I been misinformed?

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 10:43 PM
link   

whitewave

I understand that fracking also releases methane? Is that correct or have I been misinformed?

You're right....and it's among many sources that are plenty to start accounting for some of what's happening. Rez kinda started me in the direction or at least, sensitive to the trail when I crossed it on something else, entirely....but Methane is one of, if not the key problems ..and the scale is just something I'd rather not think about. The solutions ..aren't realistic or viable, or both. So...personally? I just say start warming up to the adaptation idea..no pun intended. Extreme weather on both ends for now.

All my opinion..and I'm kinda new on the trail of this but picking up very very quickly as the real scope of it started to sink in.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

And could all this methane release, sinkholes - have something to do with the planet earth tilting because of some large objects in space, headed toward earth's orbit, changing our gravity and pole alignments?

Look up at the sky. Does the sun, moon, and stars appear to be where they should be?

Do some investigating on your own, and realize that TPTB are going into thier bunkers before "spring". this year - knowing what is going to happen.

Look and see what the inuit people know in the north, right now.
edit on 21-1-2014 by Happy1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 11:28 PM
link   

nugget1
I'm probably going to embarrass myself again by asking another dumb question, but I'll do it anyway.

Could this in any way be connected with the massive sinkholes that are appearing around the country?

Not a dumb question at all. IMO, it does. It is just one more natural phenomenon that has increased dramatically in occurrence over the past few years. To me, it has everything to do with the theory that ice melts and sea level rise adds more pressure or releases pressure on the earth's crust which cause the earthquakes we are experiencing in unusual places and pretty much, the sinkholes to. Same goes for land cracks and land slips.

Dangerous Gas theory in relation to earthquakes and increased siesmic activity

The argument goes like this: when the climate changed naturally in the past, and the planet emerged from an ice age, large ice sheets covering much of the planet retreated. They were so heavy that the resulting release of pressure on the earth's crust caused it to 'bounce back', triggering earthquakes, tremors, and even volcanic activity along pre-existing fault lines.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 06:47 AM
link   

oh dear - not this crap again :

the LEL FOR HYDROGEN SUPLHIDE = 4.0%

suorce

you alreardy reference the toxicity level

so do some critical thinking

geological outgassing is real - but not on the scale you believe

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 07:06 AM
link   
can't we just blame this on the real problem?....lack of enforced regulations...this plant has been cited many times for violations...my solution?...bring the "F" ing hammer down on the owners....I get so tired of blame being passed on to people that DON'T CONTROL THE MONEY!!!....my signature still stands...always follow the money, who gains, who loses....profits are gained by putting workers in jeopardy....this isn't rocket science

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Not geological outgassing - biological. Bacteria and archaea, with bacterial growth rates. Geological outgassing can't compare to biogenic outgassing.

Here's the (PDF) Scientific American article on this extinction event, provides a general overview:

www.chicagocleanpower.org...

Here's some science on hydrogen sulfide and methane synergy, PDF again:

acd.ucar.edu...

Also, the volatility of the atmosphere need not be entirely from hydrogen sulfide. There's a lot of methane out there too, and more every day as those thousands of kilometer-wide seeps continue to gush more into the atmosphere in the Arctic, and that's not counting the methane detected in the ground in California, Pennsylvania, Australia, or the seeps off the coast of Israel, or the 2.5 gigatons of methane clathrates dissociating off the East Coast.

As the first document linked mentions, we should see widespread volcanic activity to go along with the methane and hydrogen sulfide releases. Well, we are seeing that. 2013 had the greatest number of volcanic eruptions in recorded history. Mount Sinabung is going mad in Indonesia, as just one example, with 77 eruptions in a day a week or two ago.

So, volcanism heats up the oceans, the heat releases the methane. (That's an extinction level event all by itself.) The bacteria and archaea that produce hydrogen sulfide enjoy the extra heat, and they also eat methane, so they now have a better environment (from their point of view), and food pluming right up from the ocean floors. They do what bacteria do under such favorable conditions - reproduce. This creates more hydrogen sulfide, which kills fish (first), then they eat those corpses too, turning them into more hydrogen sulfide, which expands their environment even more, and so on.

Then you start seeing the chemocline rising to the surface and releasing the accumulated methane and hydrogen sulfide. That's what just happened recently in the Inner Harbor in Baltimore. The water suddenly turned milky-white green, all the fish suffocated and there was a smell of sulfur in the air - from the hydrogen sulfide. As time goes on, this will happen over and over, until, as has happened before, most life on Earth is dead.

The End.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Here is another explosion at a sewage treatment plant attributed to methane. This happened yesterday morning.

“There was an explosion in a bio-filter building at Duffin Creek (plant) at approximately 9:15 a.m., causing a small fire, which was quickly contained by local fire officials,” Cliff Curtis, works commissioner for Durham Region, said in a press release. “We do not yet know the cause of the explosion. We are grateful that there were no injuries, and all staff and contractors have been accounted for.”

“It was extinguished fairly quickly, once we hit it with water,” he noted.

An investigator with the Office of the Fire Marshal arrived on the scene “and he’s working with our investigator,” Chief Douglas said.

The cause and damage estimate won’t be known until Wednesday, he noted.

“There were no injuries anywhere, so that’s a good story,” Chief Douglas said.

Earlier in the day, the chief said firefighters were called in response to a “probable methane explosion in the building used for odour control.”

Explosion blows roof off building at plant

I could keep posting these every day...if only those darn regulators would start doing there jobs we wouldn't have every plant in the country's infrastructure collapse all in the same year.

top topics

join