It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans Drink "Fukushima Bottled Water Imported From Japan" (Mark Dice's Latest Prank)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Can you say DUMB DUMB DUMB? And this is in San Diego!

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Hmmm...the one guy who got the joke is probably a member of ATS.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

The dodo bird comes to mind.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   

edit on 20-1-2014 by Bigburgh because: comp issues. would not upload the 4 paragraph. sorry so i removed it.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   

I am not sure how you can say "dumb" as most of the time he only alluded to Fukushima in my opinion. Presenting it as a marketing ploy of "spring", "mineral", "affordable", etc...and the fact that people are generally trusting, they will take the water.

It was interesting, but not really anything I would label people as "dumb" for doing.
edit on 20-1-2014 by ownbestenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

I do say dumb, and stick by it, he said several times it had radioactive isotopes in it, shipped directly from the Fukushime plant. The bottles had the radioactive symbol right on them.

Well, if people, especially west coasters, don't have a clue about radioactivity and Fukushima by now, then I say dumb, and they should wake up and stop being sleepy sheeple...

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   

I am not sure how you can say "dumb" as most of the time he only alluded to Fukashima in my opinion. Presenting it as a marketing ploy of "spring", "mineral", "affordable", etc...and the fact that people are generally trusting, they will take the water.

It was interesting, but not really anything I would label people as "dumb" for doing.

I wouldn't take water from a stranger, especially in a place like California, when the guy handing it out mentions Fukushima or Japan.

Is it a coincidence that some of the dumbest people in the US somehow gathered to the same coast line?
Strange.
Watching that guys videos make me want to listen to Ænema.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   

If you are in California won't matter if you drink it anymore.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   

ownbestenemy

I am not sure how you can say "dumb" as most of the time he only alluded to Fukushima in my opinion. Presenting it as a marketing ploy of "spring", "mineral", "affordable", etc...and the fact that people are generally trusting, they will take the water.

The fact that ANY American could be ignorant to not only a 'Radiation' symbol, but also the word Fukushima or the events behind it, is beyond "dumb." These people are living in the direct wake of tons and tons of radioactive waste and the vast majority of them have no idea it's even happening. You're right, retarded is a better word IMO

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   

berkeleygal
Can you say DUMB DUMB DUMB? And this is in San Diego!

You say "This is in San Diego" as if surprised. If any mass of people are going to fall for this it will be in Kalifornia first for sure. Nice video though. Just goes to show. We are screwed.
Firepiston

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   

berkeleygal

I do say dumb, and stick by it, he said several times it had radioactive isotopes in it, shipped directly from the Fukushime plant. The bottles had the radioactive symbol right on them.

Well, if people, especially west coasters, don't have a clue about radioactivity and Fukushima by now, then I say dumb, and they should wake up and stop being sleepy sheeple...

In a passive way, he did make comments towards radioactive isotopes, but honestly, he was a making a pitch. Regarding the symbol, so what? People drink commercialized products with the bio-hazard symbol on them; does that make them dumb? People drink products with ominous names all the time; it....is....a....marketing....ploy.

Now turning to this example. What do you think the video would have portrayed if after asking them if they wanted the "mineral" water, or whatever else he called it, he educated them on what Fukushima's nuclear melt-down means for the West Coast?

Never mind, it is just easier to sit here on some perceived "I know more than you" forum and point out all the "dumb" people.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Now turning to this example. What do you think the video would have portrayed if after asking them if they wanted the "mineral" water, or whatever else he called it, he educated them on what Fukushima's nuclear melt-down means for the West Coast?

Brilliant!!! I think he should have done just that! Let them drink and them hand them a flyer educating them on the danger WE ALL face.. Now that would have been really interesting.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   

And honestly if he is doing some "candid camera" work, that should have been part of it. Instead, to me, he comes off as some holier-than-thou because I know more than you, prick. Excuse the language, but what good is he actually doing by just handing out water with vague references to nuclear-laden water?

What people accept and say does not surprise me; what surprises me about "man on the street" or bits like this is, those who are doing it make no attempt to educate on the subject. Instead it is used in places like this or on late night TV for a laugh. That is one way to advance a culture and a people....just assume the role of the "knower" and laugh at the "unknowers" (Made up words I know.)

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   
wow its kind of unbelieveable

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   

doesntmakesense

ownbestenemy

The fact that ANY American could be ignorant to not only a 'Radiation' symbol, but also the word Fukushima or the events behind it, is beyond "dumb." These people are living in the direct wake of tons and tons of radioactive waste and the vast majority of them have no idea it's even happening. You're right, retarded is a better word IMO

Do you remember the 90's when cd players came around some of the cd players had radiation symbols on them?
I think they changed the symbol in 2000 to a more accurate one.
Maybe this has made them ignorant to the sign.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   
If there wasn't a huge radiation symbol on the bottle I could easily believe people are dumb enough to miss the Fukushima connection, but I cannot believe that any person would drink that water when there is a huge radiation symbol on the bottle. 99% of people know what that symbol means, which indicates to me that these people didn't see the symbol or they realized the guy was pulling some sort of joke on them and they just went along with it.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Flag and star, but I had to quit watching because of this guys self promotional intrusions on the screen. Every few seconds it's either go to his twitter, go to his site, go to his home - this guy sure likes the sound of his own name.
edit on 20-1-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 06:12 AM
link   
when i think of this guy, i think of baseball caps turned around backwards..
if only he could use that power for good..

..with a little effort he could be some kind of idiot-savant ashton kutcher, and have a crowd of jeering people emerge from the bushes and at least ejumacate the victim of the situation (y'know..raising awareness an' stuff)

as it is (like the real like ashton kutcher show) it only makes sense to the jaded people who are already in on the gag?

new topics

top topics

join