It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

David Icke - This clown is why I am hesitant to adhere to conspiracy theories! No end of stupidity.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by angelchemuel

I think you mean it would go from Conspiracy "Theory" to just a "Proven" Conspiracy as a conspiracy definitely took place. Some people will attack the semantics to somehow lessen what you are saying. I agree with you completely.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by raymundoko

Lol...yes...conspiracy fact...or conspiracy truth will do just as well...thank you.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   

angelchemuel
reply to post by raymundoko

Lol...yes...conspiracy fact...or conspiracy truth will do just as well...thank you.
Rainbows
Jane

But still a conspiracy?

I'm glad you finally agree with me

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

No I didn't...sorry.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   
For me,

people who claim (and/or BELIEVE) such hideous things are either

* mentally challenged (or have some actual mental illness going on)
or
* they have a deeper, more sinister agenda WHY they spread such things

Any other theory I can "logically" not follow since it would not in my head why someone could *seriously* believe in such theories and people. But this is not only in regards to Icke but also a majority of the current conspiracy theories but also religious craziness like people who claim the rapture is coming and then actually gather supporters.

The answer, I guess, is simply that mankind is irrational and basically nuts (to various extents)...leading to that such people are even taken seriously or can even sustain with their theories in public.

By the way....re "Ancient Alien Theory"...please do not forget this theory started way back in the 70s and how the SHOW presents it should not matter. (90% on TV is crap anyway). But when the AA theory started out in the 70s with EvD as it's "father", he at least made attempts to provide EVIDENCE, whether some/a lot of it was disproven later on or not, doesn't matter. At least he asked questions and had things to show WHY such a theory could be feasible.

This is significantly different to those types of people and theorists or prophets who claim things WITHOUT showing one single bit of evidence. EvD did NOT go public and said that Cheezus or DOG appeared to him in dreams and "told him" about the Ancient Aliens..at least he had things to show for WHY he developed the theories.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

Here we go...it's starting...I understand that Richie Allen is a presenter on TPV...this is just an extract of a statement he made on The TPV facebook page found here...
www.facebook.com...

I am staggered at what we achieved in seven months with ONLY £300,000. To turn a massive empty floor into a state of the art broadcasting facility, pay senior staff and pay the exorbitant taxes and business rates and STILL be on the air is miraculous.

Now I might be wrong, but TPV was formed last June...so how come they have had to pay "exorbitant taxes" already? Taxes wont be due till 2015. Also according to the beer mat accounts they have presented they don't have any money left and have started a second appeal for donations....and I can't see any tax payments or business rates on there. As it's not showing any 'profit'....and is appealing for more donations...then £0 profit = £0 tax surely?

The full statement he made can be found here...
earthlinggb.wordpress.com...#-up/
Which is a lot easier to find than trawling through their Facebook link

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   

projectbane

BanTv
reply to post by projectbane

but there ARE genuine conspiracies.

There are? Which "genuine" conspiracies are you referring that DO NOT have an already solid case for being completely wrong on all counts? Even a novice like myself who has only delved into a few "conspiracies" in the past few years can see that there is hardly any tangible or viable evidence to back up the so-called conspiracy!!

Obviously I have only touched on a few and there are stacks of conspiracies out there. So what do you have?

I wouldn't even know where to start. I've spent almost 10 years lurking here, and spent hundreds of hours digging into many different topics. Admittedly, much of it was on Adderall and a lot of it wasn't retained in my long term memory. Especially since it has been so many different topics instead of years researching only a few. All of it has shaped how I view the world around me though.

Now, when I say there are genuine conspiracies, I'm speaking of conspiracies and not conspiracy theories. Also, some things that I would consider a conspiracy, others might call a business decision or done for the greater good. Many would call Mk-Ultra and other medical experiments a conspiracy, some people...some...might call it something else I guess.

Going off of this definition: "a secret plan by a group to do something unlawful or harmful." Of course there are conspiracies. I'm not referring to the moon being an alien spaceship or the gov being controlled by interdimensional demons. Those are theories.

One example off the top of my head. Last year (or maybe the year before) it was known that the flu strain that was going around was different than the vaccine strain. They still pushed the flu vaccine on the stupid masses as if it would help them. Considering the flu vaccine has neurotoxic preservatives and potentially dangerous adjuvents (to a small % of people), I think this is very wrong and essentially a conspiracy. Kinda like Bayer selling aids-tainted blood products in the 80's. They gotta get rid of old stock, oh well if you become ill or die!

You want to know of a current conspiracy? The backlash against e-cigs. It's a rabbit hole that I don't completely understand because I'm not an insider, but essentially it's about money>public health. In a very small nutshell:

1. Gov wants their sin taxes
2. Gov couldn't afford to have all smokers living an extra 5-10+ years.
3. Big Pharma/medical establishment would lose a LOT of money if there were no smokers and everything that goes along with it. Money from NRT sales, illness, cancer, etc.
4. Big Tobacco is losing money from us already, but they're also jumping on board. Only problem is the cig sized models that they own are junk, and they are all for screwing the HUGE diy community who use better devices and/or make their own e-liquid. Expensive pre-filled cartridges is what they want.
5. Anti-Tobacco zealots would rather people die from smoking than support healthier alternatives such as e-cigs or swedish snus. Plus, they wouldn't have a reason to exist if everyone quit smoking. Another reason it's immoral to demonize nicotine is because it has many health benefits which I won't get into.

This is a legitimate conspiracy.

Anyways, there are conspiracies. There are groups of people who secretely conspire to harm others. Mainly for money, sometimes for power, sometimes for both. How is that hard to believe? I don't think the moon is a starwars deathstar though

Here' are a few links I found:
Conspiracy facts

I like this OP and the comments

Experiments on US citizens

The last link was also posted on ATS by ATS, but the formatting is messed up. The commenters add some additional examples and a few sources.
Experiments

It would be nice if you didn't just assume we're all nutters. If you do though, that's your choice and that's ok. Whether you remain a hardcore skeptic, turn into a looney, or fall somewhere in-between, just remember.....

You're one of us now! Muahahahaha!

edit on 17-1-2014 by BanTv because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by angelchemuel

There is a huge difference between asking for money and then completely misspending it and asking for money with the intention of defrauding innocent people - I think that in this case the former would be the most likely option. That is even if there is anything wrong at all, which we have seen no proof of other than testimony from a disgruntled ex-employee, which is hardly reliable.

The fact is that the truth of the matter will only reveal itself once the dust has settled after TPV has collapsed under it's own weight.

Personally I applaud what they are attempting as I believe it is the right way to go. So much so that I have had some dealings with them as a volunteer because I believed in the idea.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   

I like david icke. I don't agree with everything he says, but at least he is throwing things out there. When someone mentions icke and money, i tend to switch off because thats a weak argument because here you have a man, who was one of the most popular sport presenters in the uk. Had alot of repect, and he lost it all because of what he believed in.

Now, the reason why i respect the man because not many people would do the same in his position. Throw away everything, get hounded by the press, make to look a laughing stock on tv. He got through all that, and i respect him for that.

We need colourful people like icke in this world. You get people who look at him with such disgust, like he is the most evil man on earth. I tend to think logically. Why the hell think that way about a man when we have murderers, child abusers, rapists, etc to worry about in this world.

Just Chill, thats what i say

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Just for folks information...
here is TPV's original indigogo first fundraising site
www.indiegogo.com...

And here is the current one...I notice there are less members on the campaign team this time round....
www.indiegogo.com...

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   

IF ANY member on here can back his theory with "sound" science that is factual PLEASE don't hesitate to reply to this thread with your knowledge...after all we are all here to learn.

Please understand that I do not wish to "back" this gentleman or his theories as I do not know enough of either to form an opinion. Sound, however, is very intriguing to me and perhaps the following video may interest you a bit.

Here is a link jic the embed will not work...
Cymatics - Bringing Matter To Life With Sound

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I also noticed this...
On their original Indigogo fundraising site, they list their sponsors who paid £1,000 up front in donations...

Many thanks to the following sponsors for supporting the work of The People’s Voice. Thank you to these for donating £1,000 each in order to get us up and running on our first Indiegogo campaign.

www.KristinePsychic.com...
www.newpersonalityandlife.com...
www.GentleCarePet.com...
www.conspiracyking.com...
www.openmindconference.com...
www.TheBusinessMystic.tv...
www.hillside.org.uk...
www.newrainbowbridge.co.uk...
www.searlsolution.com...
www.iwanttocreateanewworld.com...
www.decalcifypinealgland.com...
www.aloefamily.co.uk...
www.cytodoc.co.uk...
....plus 5 other 'banner' advertisers/sponsors.
www.thepeoplesvoice.tv...

On their current Indigogo fundraising site they have this on their front page...

Why don't we have advertisers sponsoring TPV now?

We've only been on air for 4 weeks and have put all our resources into making the content we promised we would delver. It takes time to build up momentum, gain a following and attract sponsors and advertisers. It costs a lot of money to run a 24/7 television station, even as humble as ours, so we need your support to keep us on air for these vital next few months. But thats not enough. The People's Voice must get louder. With your support we can expand our reach to a wider audience.

www.indiegogo.com...

So correct me if I'm wrong....all those sponsors paid £1,000 up front to be on a fundraising website called Indigogo to fund a TV channel that has only been on air for about a month to 6 weeks, only to find they are no longer sponsors on a new Indigogo fundraising site which basically null and voids the first Indigogo fund raising site. Doesn't seem like good value for money to me?

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Why is Russell Brand (or anyone for that matter) obligated to donate? Or else they're insane/stupid or worse? What if one doesn't think TPV is the way forward? Has David or any of his colleagues donated to charities run or endorsed by the celebrities that they're condemning for not shelling out? Doubtful. Not that they should feel obligated to, but it would be silly and small of, say, Mr. Brand to publicly condemn David for not doing so.

There's also this disturbing implication being put forward that TPV is somehow the last lifeline for humanity to 'awaken' and prevent some authoritarian world government nightmare. And part B of that implication is that if TPV fails, not only will the proverbial boot-stomping-on-a-human-face-forever situation come to pass, but it will be all the fault of the people that didn't give TPV money! (or if you read DIF, the fault of the people that aren't sycophants)

I don't think TPV is going to reach the proper audiences to achieve its goal of "rolling back the Orwellian nightmare". It just isn't. It's not doing anything that hasn't already been done, and done better. Its original goals and ideas were much more interesting than the actual execution. Who is going to watch TPV and become open to new ideas that couldn't have had the same experience with YouTube videos or something?

www.davidicke.com...

I'll wager that before the morning UK time...that forum member will be banned, like so many forum members have these last 10 days, and his/her post removed. So much for freedom of speech that DI expounds.

It is becoming very apparent that if you don't toe the 'Brand Icke' line...your out.

There is also this that has just happened..

Our YouTube channel has been hacked and every video deleted, we are aware of this and are working to get everything back on-line. We have traced the IP address that hacked our account and this information is being handed to the authorities.

www.davidicke.com...

Ho hum...and just a couple of days ago their PayPal account on Indigogo was hacked along with the front page of said web site.

I'm sorry, but the whole Brand Icke is getting less and less credible with each day.....
Think I'm done on this thread.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   
No, actually I'm not done...I'm on this forum and one other....and it isn't David Ickes....I used to be....but that's for another time...in another dimension...in a galaxy far, far away!

Night all.
Moonbows
Jane

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   

angelchemuel
No, actually I'm not done...I'm on this forum and one other....and it isn't David Ickes....I used to be....but that's for another time...in another dimension...in a galaxy far, far away!

Night all.
Moonbows
Jane

I've read all your posts and I must say, that's very interesting. I think you hinted at the indiegogo "hack" being a sham, is that correct? I know one thing, his website being hacked sounds very suspicious. If someone hacks a website, I'm assuming they would be behind proxies and using Tor. If they actually did get an ip address to turn over, it most likely isn't the attackers IP. Davids IT person surely knows this too. Very odd.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by BanTv

It's not odd..."If you knew Seany, like I know Seany.....Oh, Oh...."
Sorry, I'll explain better tomorrow...I'm rambling because I'm tired
Nighty night
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Tell me...You really don't think they didn't photo shop that eye? I mean it's not out of the question you know.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Never been sure if Icke was using metaphors to highlight absurdities or really believed some of the stuff he said.
Like the bible in a way, take out the metaphors and there is quite an important message left.

Or just for the money.

I keep thinking he has a conclusion to make yet.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Morning all,
Just a quickie before I pop out for a little while....
I wonder how many of the current donors to TPV are aware that they are putting money into a PLC? A Private Limited Company....I've never known people put money into a PLC...I could be wrong on that count...maybe somebody can show where PLC's have received donations to set them up?...... I haven't had my second brew yet!

Rainbows
Jane
edit on 18-1-2014 by angelchemuel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Good article here....
silvarizla.wordpress.com...

Also this on the DI headline news today..

For the last two weeks since TPV was publicly attacked in a concerted campaign to discredit the station many strange things have been happening with regard to hacking. This has included the hacking of the operating system, the hacking and defacing of the Indiegogo appeal page and now the hacking and deletion of reams of content from the TPV YouTube page.

Well, how they must care for the free-flow of information and human freedom.

The shop at Davidicke.com has also been hacked and currently deleted by hacking into emails sent by the webmaster by people who are beyond evil.

We are pretty certain who is behind this and who has been working with them from the ‘inside’ while claiming to be supporting the ethos. They, of course, do not and never have, and when they leave shortly there is little doubt that they will do everything they can to damage TPV once the benefits they have taken from the station have ended. When people say ‘all will be revealed in two weeks’ this is what they mean.

Good, and when they do the widest possible audience will know who they are and the nature of their character.

So the source of the ‘revelations’ when they come will also be revealing who is behind this attempt by hackers to destroy everything that we have built and The People have paid for.

Those that come from the heart rather than the gut and the bile duct will now begin the painstaking job of re-posting the content to the YouTube page because they are builders, not self-obsessed destroyers.

It is my experience over all the years that some of the deepest evil that I have come across has claimed to be opposing evil and ‘working for the light’ and the good of people.

What is happening here to TPV is yet another example.

Watching people self-destruct in public is not a pretty sight, but it is coming. So bring on the ‘revelations’ and then everyone will see who you are.

PLEASE NOTE: The Davidicke.com shop has now been restored … click here …

www.davidicke.com...
So...that's everything DI has on the net having been attacked, cleaned out, disappeared etc.....I smell fish....and the banning of people who question him, or raise voices of dissent continues....

Rainbows
Jane

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join