It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

David Icke - This clown is why I am hesitant to adhere to conspiracy theories! No end of stupidity.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   

CagliostroTheGreat
Hail Eris!

Truth is what you make it projectbane, my question is, why do you care if Icke has cuckolded folks out of some cash? If said folks were interested in Icke's theories enough to actually want to pay for them, what skin is it from your big toe, eh?

Or are you some sort of gleaming defender of The Truth?

Reptoids? Real? Hell, who knows, but why not?

And furthermore Sir projectbane, keeper of the ultimate truth, why are you on a conspiracy forum? Just trolling others whose dominant social paradigm differs from your own?

Honestly, It would be like if I went to a country music forum and said "country music is bad, here's why."

You are aware ATS is a forum for conspiracy theories, right?

Icke may very well be a charlatan. Honestly though, who gives a damn? Is he affecting me with his cockamamy ideas? No, not one bit.

In fact, I have read most of his work. It's good entertainment. Imagine if even half of what he says is true. The world just got a lot more complex.

To those that break out the "Icke said he was Christ" figure, what he meant was that we are all the sons (and daughters) of God. Given, Icke's modus operandi has changed drastically since that statement.

I would consider myself a fan but that doesn't mean I buy into everything he says. Even though a majority of his research is based in fact and the man provides a thorough bibliography in each book.

Thanks for your outlook projectbane.

All hail Discordia (or don't)
Kallisti
edit on Cam6Wednesday5820143731Wed, 15 Jan 2014 06:58:37 -06002014 by CagliostroTheGreat because: stupid phone

You missed the whole point of the OP. You obviously have zero pride in anything you decide to become a part of.

"imagine even if half of what he says is true!" - this is your great base to work from. People like Icke are the reason why no conspiracy theories are ever taken seriously by the general populas. It why people like me find it hard to understand where the majority of people are coming from.

Gross misrepresentation of facts and events is nothing short of fraud (especially when taking peoples money with one hand and fisting them with the other)

Conspiracy theorists world over question why others do not see what they "see". David Icke and his like (that rhymes) are part of the reason why.

People on this site like the owners from what I have seen HATE people coming on here and "making" stuff up, whether it be fake UFO pics or people claiming to have been involved in something. THEY often as do most on this forum demand evidence be it originals that can be analyzed or witnesses. Why is that you and others can blindly follow someone like Icke or at least defend him without him showing any proof - with the casual line "imagine if half of what he said was true"

Double standards and hypocrisy

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by projectbane

The difference is that I remain indifferent. I use conspiracy theories as a source of off-hand information and entertainment.

I could care less what Icke thinks is real life. If his theories held no interest for me, I would simply move along.

Glad you care projectbane.

Kallisti

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 05:20 AM
link   
"paradisepurple

I didn't know most of that! Damn you I was going to have an early night, now I foresee a few hours with Google...! Thanks for the info
"

No problem. The Savile rabbit hole goes very deep and links to some very interesting places and people, have you read the Savile thread at the David Icke forum? it's huge . good luck!
edit on 16-1-2014 by DrHammondStoat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   
It pains my dearly that the OP has associated my Football club Coventry City with David Icke, you could of kept that quiet considering I'm a Coventrian!

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   

projectbane

One of David Ickes most ludicrous sayings was that the universe is SOUND and sound creates form. Everything in the universe was made by sound. Hmmmmm was it Reeeaaalllllyyy?"

Matter is condensed vibrations bro, everything in this universe is literally condensed soundwaves. Everything in the universe gives off a vibrational frequency, and none of us yet realize how important sound is. Only now are we using it for things like antigravity, thousands and thousands of years after our ancients did the same. As for Icke... I dunno, don't really care, i got my own questions to answer.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Agreed 100% anyone who can't see this guy is a fraud seriously lacks intelligence and is extremely gullible.

He's clearly in it for the money.

Some people just want to believe so bad that they will buy anything. Guys like bill cooper etc.. they are delusional

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by projectbane

Good Post. However, I am in the mindset that when I first saw some of D.Icke's work, was impressed with the notion that we should start thinking that 'things' are Not always what they seem. I didn't try to find proofs of the topics, per say, but started thinking differently. I am now fully awake thanks to that Clown nudging me in the right direction! Before that I did see occasional B.S. mainly on MainStream Media, but figured they were isolated events, and didn't really give a #. Now I see FalseHoods EveryWhere! Just my 2 cents. Thanx. Syx.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I have mentioned it before, and I will say so again, I wish some people would just look up the recent...and by that I mean just 10 days ago....over his latest venture into what he calls The Peoples Voice...a TV station he has set up with some £300,000 of his followers donations. By christmas not only was one of his presenters asking to see where all the money had gone, but so were many on his forums, some of whom had set up monthly payments.
After much haranguing from his 'donators' they were banned from his forums for questioning him. He has since produced a so called account...which I could have thrown together on a beer mat in the pub!

He now has the gall to go asking for more.....just do some research folks....I have followed David Icke since he started...I have agreed with lots of stuff he has to say over the years, and yes, still do with some of the bits and pieces he comes out with now....but isn't that the artestry of a conman?....look behind the smoke and mirrors please.

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   

NocturnalWatcher
Agreed 100% anyone who can't see this guy is a fraud seriously lacks intelligence and is extremely gullible.

He's clearly in it for the money.

Some people just want to believe so bad that they will buy anything. Guys like bill cooper etc.. they are delusional

How exactly is he a fraud? Is the pope a fraud? Sorry but no one is forced into his 12hr lectures and buy his 10000 page books, just as no one is forced into believing there is a god etc, also he makes it quite clear what he says are just theories and his books are obvious in what they are about. There's no fraud or con going on. If anyone's a clown it is the people buying his books and lecture tickets.

I don't think money is his motivation either, at least i dont think it was when he started all this. I genuinely beleive he wants to find 'the truth', what ever that is, and his best way to do that and express his ideas is by selling books and giving talks, which whether you agree with him or not he is actually really good at so why not make a few quid?

I do think he isn't quite 'all there' though, if you ever watch his interviews he is always on that fine boarder between having interesting ideas but not making any sense wants so ever and appearing mentally ill.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   

angelchemuel
I have mentioned it before, and I will say so again, I wish some people would just look up the recent...and by that I mean just 10 days ago....over his latest venture into what he calls The Peoples Voice...a TV station he has set up with some £300,000 of his followers donations. By christmas not only was one of his presenters asking to see where all the money had gone, but so were many on his forums, some of whom had set up monthly payments.
After much haranguing from his 'donators' they were banned from his forums for questioning him. He has since produced a so called account...which I could have thrown together on a beer mat in the pub!

He now has the gall to go asking for more.....just do some research folks....I have followed David Icke since he started...I have agreed with lots of stuff he has to say over the years, and yes, still do with some of the bits and pieces he comes out with now....but isn't that the artestry of a conman?....look behind the smoke and mirrors please.

Rainbows
Jane

Yeah forgot about that site, not handled well at all..I'm not sure Mr Ickey is a particularily good businessman, in it for the money or not..he messed up there. However as a concept though you have to give him a little credit, the idea was good.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Please read the posts under that vid

Here's part 2

And part 3

And please see post #26...pretty much sums up whats going on...
www.davidicke.com...
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

Source your claims about Tesla.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   

igloo
Doesn't it say in the bible "in the beginning was the word"? Not a Christian, so I may be off here, but I always thought sound featured in quite a few creation myths.

As for the reptilian thing, I always thought he was speaking symbolically. For example, the whole 1% controlling the world theory is in line with the stats of 1% being sociopathic, or functioning purely and without empathy from the so called reptilian part of the brain.

As far as shape shifting... I saw someone who was extremely angry turn grey and go fuzzy/ wispy around the edges. Not nearly as exciting as full on shape shifting into a reptile but interesting nevertheless.

I see where you're going with this, and that''s a very interesting theory. We would associate a word with sound. Brilliant !

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I dont know much about him, all i can say is that if he really knew all that much, hed be dead already.
2nd line.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by angelchemuel

I refuse to jump to the conclusion that this man has the CHEEK to attempt to con his supporters out of £700,000 - it makes no bloody sense.

What... he thinks he can just get away with that casually?! He would effectively # up everything he has built in the last however many years and reduce himself back into a position of national hate. People will knock him out on the street for doing that - you have to understand that some people take him VERY SERIOUSLY, and he knows that himself.

Right now, from a business perspective, he's in a very good place and has several sources of income; especially within his wide range of books. He is in a position of great growth and can potentially make more than the TV channel amount. The TV channel itself would've provided some juicy income, unless he was planning on it to be completely Ad-free.

Why would he screw ALL of that up for 700,000? Which he wouldn't get away with anyway? It sounds like a ridiculously stupid move from my perspective (morality aside). Perhaps I'm misjudging his financial situation to a large extent.

To me though, it sounds like he proper fluffed up/misjudged the finances regarding the TV channel and is now in that crap position of having to ask for more because abandoning it at that point is just as bad if not worse. I'll give it time and see what happens.

If he honestly just completely disappears with half a million of good people's money, or even 700,000 if he gets more donations - I will be completely surprised. Not because he was 'in it for the money' or whatever but because there's no way he's thinking he can just sly that one off. But if he does then he truly deserves the amazing backlash he will receive.

The thing is - I'm sad to say but I've seen his full 6-hour presentation (only possible with the magic leaf and a female companion lol) and a couple of his shorter (3-hour max) presentations as well. I've also seen/listened to little bits from his pre-famous/notorious (relatively) era.

I feel like I'm fairly good at reading people and deciphering their 'motives' or thought processes and the guy honestly came across very genuine and passionate to me - and the way he was linking some of his more rational ideas and even the inclusion of his own personal touches reinforces the impression that this genuinely means something to him (beyond money) and that he had put a lot of thought into some of these 'ideas'.

I could be completely wrong, but if that's the case the guys a flipping marvellous actor and has possibly executed one of the most ballsy con schemes I've ever witnessed. There is no way this guy honestly thought he would make good money off this when he first went on the Terry Wogan (what a prick) show. NO WAY! I know he is not a fool to that extent.

He genuinely believed himself in that first interview with Wogan. There was no act involved. And he kept pushing and pushing his theories even though he was getting boo'd/insulted/assaulted publicly while continuously getting ripped to shreds by newspapers. That's some real good fighting spirit if I've ever seen it.

It doesn't make sense to me that he planned this whole thing as a con from the get go, and I'm also struggling with the idea that he's perhaps only just chosen to completely capitalise on his 'scam' (although his original intentions may have been pure) and especially through this choice of 'method'.

It'll be interesting to see what happens though. None the less, it doesn't automatically discredit everything the guys ever said as others have uttered these concepts long before we were even born.

It would be a shame if he does pull this daylight robbery because it will forever negatively stigmatise everything the guy has done - and will only damage the general opinion of 'conspiracy' theories and theorists even more.

Yeah... he will be a certified spineless, deceiving and un-honourable piece of # - but judgements aside he has put in some solid, hard work and did some relatively damn good research for all of this, one motive or another.

I've never enjoyed the process of being 'forced' by someone to lose respect for them.

edit on 16-1-2014 by DazDaKing because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-1-2014 by DazDaKing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Thanks OP for providing a debate about David Icke, and bringing more attention to this great man.

He's actually a really great guy. Get over the moon being a hollow egg, and the reptilian agenda - and the guy could be an enlightened saint. I trust you've never actually watched his awesome presentations about humanity overcoming their trials and tribulations.

The guy is here to help set us free from the powers that be. If you don't like his theories on the moon or reptilians, that's only 5% of what he is interested in.

Here's one of his awesome lectures to get you started:

youtu.be...
that's the video link if the tube doesn't work.
edit on 16-1-2014 by ninepointfive because: link

edit on 16-1-2014 by ninepointfive because: link

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by DazDaKing

I quit reading your post after the first paragraph...you aren't seriously that naive are you?

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ninepointfive

And for a mere fee or book purchase you can get your "I'm Enlightened" certificate.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by DazDaKing

That's fair enough....thanks for giving a considered response.

It will be interesting to see what PayPal will say/do regarding him declaring Indigogo account was hacked though, and at that point had £40,00 sitting in it from the latest round of donations......and at the same time he's asking people to put more money into it?

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Okeyd57

reply to post by igloo

Only "The Word" in the bible is Jesus, and it means he is the word of god, or the mouth of god, or possibly god himself. John 1:8 - in the Beginning The Word was, The Word was with God, The Word was God. Even Jewish Lore holds that "The Word" was a physical being who would appear to and talk with Adam and Eve in the garden.
edit on 16-1-2014 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join