It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Allen West: Obama 'abjectly despises' whites

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnySasaki

He said in his own book that he does not claim his white half and speaks badly of whites.

“That's just how white folks will do you. It wasn't merely the cruelty involved; I was learning that black people could be mean and then some. It was a particular brand of arrogance, an obtuseness in otherwise sane people that brought forth our bitter laughter. It was as if whites didn't know they were being cruel in the first place. Or at least thought you deserved of their scorn.”

"I found a solace in nursing a pervasive sense of grievance and animosity against my mother's race."

"I ceased to advertise my mother's race at the age of 12 or 13, when I began to suspect that by doing so I was ingratiating myself to whites"

"I never emulate white men and brown men whose fates didn't speak to my own. It was into my father's image, the black man, son of Africa, that I'd packed all the attributes I sought in myself, the attributes of Martin and Malcolm, DuBois and Mandela"

"I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

He never embraced both sides of his heritage. He claimed to be only black so I'd say YES he does hate white people.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Christian Voice

Just because he doesn't identify with his white half, doesn't inherently make him racist against whites. He just considers himself more of a black man. None of what you posted demonstrates an overall hatred towards white people.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   

JohnnySasaki
Obama, being half white, must really "abjectly despise" half of himself, lol.

"That's how white folks will do you" (Obama quote from his book)

IMHO - He has 'abandoned by rolling stone liberal black daddy' issues. He rejects his white half in favor of being 'black enough' to prove something to his absent black daddy. 'see dad, am I good enough now that you wouldn't leave'. Anyways ... he can't be diagnosed long distance but that's what it looks like from here. A psychologist working one on one with him would know for sure.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Obama in his own words on tv said "typical white people" as far as when whites "clinch to their purse" in a black neighborhood.
Firepiston

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Christian Voice

Nice to take quotes out of context, isn't it? He mostly talking about his struggles as a youth with finding his own identity. He also talks about evolving through those struggles and coming to terms with, and accepting his white roots.

I remember reading a biography on Malcolm X. He hated whites for a long time, and approved of violence against them. He evolved and grew as a human being - and towards the end of his life he felt completely differently. People can and do change.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Obama hates whites? Of course he does. He hates EVERYONE who isnt a sycophant.. and he only marginally tolerates the sycophants.
Narcissist megalomaniacs typically only love themselves.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Oh good god.

The same old rephrased, rewritten, completely fabricated, out-of-context Obama quotes.

Here's a link to the relevant section of Obama's book on Google Books that contains the oft-cherry-picked "that's white people" quote. Dreams of my Father - Quote

... and what's the very next sentence after that oft-misquoted section?

"White folks. The term was uncomfortable in my mouth at first, like I was a non-native speaker tripping over a difficult phrase. Somtimes I would be talking to Ray about white folks this or white folks that and I would suddenly remember my mother's smile and the words that I spoke would seem awkward and false."

Bash him all you want to on a factual basis -- there's plenty for that, but, for the sake of intellectual integrity don't just cherry pick quotes to make the man say something he just doesn't say. Don't just copy rabid political emails without verifying for yourself.

Really, the link is there above, read that part of his book. Decide for yourself, but don't automatically buy into MORE partisan polarizing .

Also, snopes.com reviews all of these at the article: "Obama Racist Quotes". (Yes, yes I know snopes is questionable, but just look at the data. Just think of it as a general primer.)

In particular, the bit about "standing with the Muslim World" is just a total fabrication.

He's TALKING ABOUT AMERICAN CITIZENS (Ibid - Snope's Article).

In the wake of 9/11, my meetings with Arab and Pakistani Americans, for example, have a more urgent quality, for the stories of detentions and FBI questioning and hard stares from neighbors have shaken their sense of security and belonging. They have been reminded that the history of immigration in this country has a dark underbelly; they need specific reassurances that their citizenship really means something, that America has learned the right lessons from the Japanese internments during World War II, and that I will stand with them should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.

edit on 10Wed, 15 Jan 2014 10:50:48 -060014p102014166 by Gryphon66 because: Snopes.com reality check.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I think West hit the nail on the head right here:

Liberal progressives don’t want to tackle the problem they created, the decimation of the black family. Fifty years ago only six percent of births in America were out of wedlock Today the number is 72 percent in the black community. There was a time when “acting out” at school resulted in having to stay after school and worse, a call home to mom and dad — talk about a beat down.

Read more at allenbwest.com...

Much of what's going on in schools is a direct result in the breakdown of the family - something openly encouraged through use of various programs which incentivize single parent households. Bottom line - you get more money for being a single mother. The male role as traditional provider and protector has been trashed by popular culture leaving dear old government as the caregiver.

The shame is we've come to regard ourselves through racial or economic identity first, Americans last. We have been divided, subdivided and divided once more for good measure. All the "other" Americans are now the problem, the people to blame, the people to fear. They have us by the short synapses and can make us dance about any tune they want.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

If you do a little checking into the punishment of races in this country you will see that blacks are charged and convicted far more than whites in this country. Ron Paul said the same thing when he was running for the nomination.

Equal time for equal crime isn't a problem for me. The simple fact that many refuse to acknowledge IS that crime are not performed equally by race. I don't think it takes a rocket scientist to see that their aren't large numbers of white flash mobs across urban America and white knockout attacks are rare.

People who perform the crime should be penalized for it. Simple as that.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Asktheanimals

The shame is we've come to regard ourselves through racial or economic identity first, Americans last. We have been divided, subdivided and divided once more for good measure. All the "other" Americans are now the problem, the people to blame, the people to fear. They have us by the short synapses and can make us dance about any tune they want.

Absolutely agree with your comment here!

West's unilateral blaming "the liberals" for the current situation in the US or in the Black community doesn't make much sense, however.

A big part of realizing our identity as Americans is achieved by remembering the concept of individual responsibility. People need to assume control of and responsibility for their own lives, and stop blaming anyone else. It's going to be harder for some of us, easier for others. As long as the playing field is truly level (which again, is a responsibility that belongs to ALL of us), people need to be empowered on their own and not rely on the state or their political party or their church.

Rely on yourself FIRST, then your family, then your community. It doesn't happen in a vacuum, but it does always start with the individual.
edit on 12Wed, 15 Jan 2014 12:02:01 -060014p122014166 by Gryphon66 because: Added one word deleted one comma

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   
My opinion is that he also has a lot of disdain for poor people as well. He's arrogant and entitled. He's just the kind of person who would look at poor people and, as their leader, think that they should just do what he told them was good for them, as if they weren't smart enough to determine that for themselves.

Unfortunately, in a lot of cases that would be correct, but not the point. Mental Marxism, the kind like happens in the head of someone like Barack Obama, stems from the premise that common people do not have the capacity to govern themselves appropriately, and must be told how to conduct their lives.

But Obama doesn't necessarily think that means that the government should run people's lives, he literally believes that everyone INCLUDING the government should just do what HE thinks is best.

And a side question. It was told that Barack Obama dumped $200 million? into his first presidential campaign. Where did he get that money?

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

Nothing was taken out of context by me. It is there in his book in black and white, no pun intended. The man is a very racist man and his own pastor is very racist.
Oh and don't get me started on the mega racist that was Malcom X

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Allen West a token Tea-Party puppet.

I wonder if he even likes himself while looking into a mirrior.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
It is a simple and irrefutable fact that blacks are more violent and commit more crimes. Why should some of them go free simply because whites are civilized?

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   

cetaphobic
It is a simple and irrefutable fact that blacks are more violent and commit more crimes. Why should some of them go free simply because whites are civilized?

That is a fact. Have you ever considered why that is?

I'm probably taking this statement way out of context, but it's about as superficial as can be, and this is about as deep as most people get.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   

FirePiston
reply to post by Bassago

Obama in his own words on tv said "typical white people" as far as when whites "clinch to their purse" in a black neighborhood.
Firepiston

If whites would say " typical black people " they would be called racists right away.
I don´t live in US ( been there seen some ) i was firstly thrilled about Obama´s elections as it was first time in US and as proof of old generalizations gone, but this thrill didn´t last long as he early on made every matter as a matter of race instead a matter of society in whole. Defending criminals were the last drop.

This issue has been right on your face all the time and all you need to do is open your eyes.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I might be off topic with this one, but it has made me think.

I hope people realize that racism, once just a symptom of our own humanity, is now a tool that is being used by some to ensure deeper division and hatred between people. Racism these days is incited by our media, but not just racism, sexism, gay rights, religious fervor, even sports rivalries. All designed to ensure that we will never act as one people in defense of ourselves.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   

cetaphobic

I categorically refute your statement. Do you have any proof?

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Christian Voice
reply to post by kaylaluv

Nothing was taken out of context by me. It is there in his book in black and white, no pun intended. The man is a very racist man and his own pastor is very racist.
Oh and don't get me started on the mega racist that was Malcom X

Which book are you referring to CV? Have you read his books? Can you provide some in context quotes from the books that prove your point? (Remember, God hates liars, Proverbs 12:22)

The pastor is red herring as is Malcolm X.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Gryphon66
The partisan echo chamber is clearly open for business this morning.

Col. Allen West is not even respected in his own party, much less his district, much less "widely."

Obama is divisive? Thank goodness we have the likes of Rush Limbaugh, Michelle Malkin, Glenn Beck, Rachel Maddow, Michael Moore, Laurence O'Donnell, Ann Coulter, not to mention, Fox News, MSNBC, Democratic Party, Republican Party, etc. ALL WORKING SO HARD to bring us together as a People.

Of course the President is divisive. As is the Congress. As is the fake two-party system. As is the idea promulgated to the American public on virtually every media outlet, channel, billboard, sandwich board and park bench that you have to pick a side, you have to be a team player, you have to be "fer us er agin us" ... divide and conquer, 24/7, everywhere, every day.

^^ This^^
2nd

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join