It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A repeating dream about giant waves.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

What does all this have to do with my dream again? Can you comment on that? If not surly you can find a thread where your views would be better received. I'm not your cup of tea.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by AutumnWitch657

It is a ground stone with a marrow hole shaped hole in it that I found that was unearthed when I built the house. here is a link to what it looks like still with the stranded clay plug in it. files.abovetopsecret.com... It does look a little like it is sitting on a post in the picture I posted. I like the way they made the little foot on it that wraps around back to the head..

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Is the water clean or dirty? Do you swim or get in it ever?
Are there patterns in your life that repeat themselves which this dream can be a warning of? If so, use the dream to analyze your life at that point to look for connections to your past which can be guided through awareness. Stay alert!!

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   

I agree with the folks who say this is more likely something psychological. Every time in the past I've had repeating dreams it's turned out that way. Like the time I kept dreaming that all of the teeth in my head would shatter. It was related to losing one of my two jobs and a good portion of our income just after we bought a house. Once we got our income under more control again and I got a better job situation, sure enough, cleared that dream up.

So, find out what it is your psyche is telling you, and maybe that will make it go away.

For it to be a premonition ... well, forgive me for saying so, but that's a significant portion of your life. It could just as easily turn into a self-fulfilling prophecy as actually be anything prophetic. Think of it this way - for every day you live on or near the coast, you have a chance of experiencing an event like in your dreams. The longer you live there the more chances you have to "get lucky."

If I dreamed for 30 years that I picked the winning lottery ticket and then actually did win ... after playing every day for the same 30 years, well, that isn't much of a prediction IMO.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Yeah it looks like some prehistoric fish out of water. Or some other creature. I would never have guessed stone isn't that silly.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

I wouldn't go with a premonition either. I don't get those. But I also can't think of anything that's bothered me for over thirty years either. Just an interesting little dream. I am not always very scared but I am always careful in the dream to make sure I'm able to get to a place where I am not swept away.

And I wonder with that lottery situation what the odds are of winning even if you played every day for thirty years because I think it's like four million to one. It might still be pretty remarkable to dream it then win it. Too bad I didn't dream that !
edit on PM000000310000000110352312014-01-13T15:52:24-06:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

I would think clean its the ocean. I've lived on the Atlantic coast my whole life and I'd much rather swim in the ocean than a land locked lake. I consider the ocean cleaner just because of its size , constant motion and filtering shell fish. So I'd go with clean. In my dream sometimes I am swimming and see the wave coming and I run to the concession building and get there just in time.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

I guess like everyone else there are patterns in my life that repeat. We are nothing if not creatures of habit. .

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   

That is a very intense reaction. But I understand it very well. In the dream I remember watching people I knew washed away, there were others I couldn't get in contact with too. It was very vivid, the sound of the wave and the smell and burn of the salt water was ever present. While I don't suspect much will come of this dream, and I certainly hope nothing does, it certainly produced a weight that I felt all day.

I don't usually post much about dreams, but I couldn't help but bring it up when I saw your post. When I get a chance I'm going to write the major plot points of the dream down and get the to make some sense. If I have time and it isn't to confusing, I may share the entire thing later.

Thanks for your thoughts.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Mapkar

Salt water doesn't burn. It's just as easy to be in as a bath tub. It's just water. I just had to put that out there. If it burned no one would go to the beach.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Don't worry about the dream.

Dreams sometimes bring back old memories from the subconscious but there is no need to think it is about some future event.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   

You've clearly never had it in your eyes if you're not used to it. It's one reason I don't get in the ocean!

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Dear AutumnWitch,

St John, apostle of Christ, got in Patmos a revelation that refers to things to come beyond the collapse of the Roman world.

The rise and fall of Rome as a political power was already predicted centuries before this revelation, since the time of the Prophet Daniel, in the captivity on Babylon.

There has not been Universal Judgement, There has not been yet millenium of Christ ruling earth, There has not been yet New Jerusalem rebuilt by the hand of God (not of zionist men), There has not been yet Armageddon battle with more than 100 million of soldiers involved on it, The time of Apostasy in the Church is also only begining, many things have not yet occurred, it is a fatal mistake to believe that the time frame of Apocalypsis has passed centuries ago.

Becareful, since You must know this very well from your supposed Catholic background, I am surprised to read your very liberal reply about these so crucial and grave events, what kind of Catholic education did you receive? similar to the one of Sylvia Browne?

Thanks,

The Angel of Lightness

edit on 1/17/2014 by The angel of light because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   

I have the same repeating big wave dreams too for many years. I probably started having such dreams in my teens and had the last one last year.

There's a difference in my dream, however. There are people in the water, apparently having fun in the waves, and they were just floating around, no surfing, letting the waves break over them... ...But these waves are over 50 feet high! And the water is deep!

Usually I find myself running away from the water. In some dreams, I escape, in some, I get sucked in by the water. It's a nightmare!

In the Christian context, the waves are very clear to me. It is the system of this world. The people in waves represent the people who finds their life in the system of this world - the education system, the economy, career, technology, dogmas of life, etc. But it is a dangerous set of beliefs much like giant waves. It tries to get me because honestly, it's difficult to live completely off the grid.

But our system is built upon discrimination. Discriminating the poor, citizenship, skills, education. Makes it utterly more difficult for the poor to have the same things in life as others who started good in life. It's an unfair system that is deeply flawed. the gap between rich and poor getting bigger.... It's social time bomb ticking!

Sadly, discrimination is the only thing this system can make a profit, i.e. less skilled, citizen of poor country, less educated = cheaper labor. The electronics industry won't do a $#@! to address the slave labor conditions of workers in China because it's given what they need - cheap labor!

It's a dangerous thing to like the system/big waves in the dream. The system is evil. Once you think you can have a life with it, you have become one with evil.
edit on 18-1-2014 by ahnggk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Mapkar

You didn't say burns your eyes. Yes it can but so does chlorine in a pool. When you said burn it just sounded weird. Like you thought salt water burned your skin.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ahnggk

Yeah sure what ever. Thanks for coming.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 05:06 AM
link   
I jumped to the reply function after page 2 (I will go back & read pages 3 & 4, I promise)

the Waves of water are 'people' or an accomplished persons 'public'... the Waves washing over you but never actually touching you is symbolic of your not becoming famous or accomplished or sought after by the public
... you are missing your calling by having what amounts to stage-fright or fear-of-publicity (?agrophobia?)

the fires on the dunes are representative of all the previous times your mind has sent you dream language of these large waves... (seeing as how beach fires are not normal in nature after a wave has soaked the landscape--- your deep unconscious is trying to help your waking mind-reality to understand that there is a metaphorical/symbolic message hidden in your dreams....which you are not understanding, yet)

that 'little bit of water' after the wave hit the building with boardwalk foods
the 'bit of water' in that tunnel under the dune
that 'splash of water' under the boardwalk/pier

those splashes of water are all representing the small knot of friends & people you trust & share with...outside of the huge wave of people or 'Public' you are destined or supposed to be interacting with---which has went by or past you in the form of a wave

grow a following, become involved more, do not squirrel away your gift & keep it for yourself & a small cadre of friends

just finished pages 3 & 4 of responses... sheeze, a lot of attempted finger pointing & off topic stuff

keep

edit on st30139807576121222014 by St Udio because: accomplished my promise to read pgs 3, 4

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I'm so surprised to see this thread bumped from January. Wow, I can tell you I am neither famous, sought after or accomplished in any distinctive way. But I like your thought process LOL. reply to: St Udio

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Tossing my hat in the ring here. I had a reoccurring dream for many years, took place in the desert. Long story short I found the place & road and it just blew my mind!

I would say it's important for you to find the beach with the building on it, and see what other information it triggers in you?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join