It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A repeating dream about giant waves.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   
I just woke from this dream . I've had it over and over since I was young.

I am at the beach inside the building that sells food and drink. The building has a big window wall where the doors are. The window wall faces the ocean and beach. While standing in line I turn and see a giant wall of water headed for the building. I feel terror and hear the wave crash over the building. Everyone is screaming. Some water gets in the building but we are safe from the wave. Several waves occur as we stand there watching.

A second version of this giant wave dream is where I am in a tunnel that goes under the dunes and a giant wave starts rising. I hunker down inside the tunnel and the wave goes over the dune. Some water gets in the tunnel but the crash is again over me .

The one I just had was different again in that this time I was walking under the board walk when I see the wall of water rising. Again it crashes over my location but only some of the water reaches me under the board walk. Again there are several waves in a row. Loud and crashing. When I come out from under the boardwalk I notice that there are fires on many of the dunes. The dune grass is on fire and I think "that must be from the lightning".

I mentioned the wave dream a few weeks back in another thread but I can't seem to find it. I'd like to see how long ago it was as I usually only have the dream once or twice a year and that last time was really recent. This is the first time they were so close together and the first time there was also fire. Weird as everything would have been wet from the wave and couldn't catch fire...
Anyone else have a dream similar to this? Since it is repetitive I wonder what it means.
edit on AM000000310000000110344312014-01-13T07:44:29-06:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

edit on AMu31u0110346312014-01-13T07:46:56-06:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

edit on AM000000310000000110352312014-01-13T07:52:29-06:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by AutumnWitch657

If I had to guess, I would say the ocean is the collective unconscious, the waves represent its efforts to get a message through to your conscious mind. The message is: you must be swallowed by the unconscious, fragmented, reformed, and spit back out as a shaman. You've been running from the shamanic initiation. Just a guess.

edit on 13-1-2014 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by BlueMule

I've had a suggestion from someone that it's sexual in nature and that I hide from the orgasmic situation. But I don't have issues with sex that I can see in waking hours. Your view is ummmmmm ...interesting. I don't have any psychic ability other than mild intuition.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Wow! It's crazy how much a dream can tell.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   
There is certainly no part of me that would be able to meet these giant waves head on. I have strong self preservation tendencies even in my dreams.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Casualboy100

Really? What do you think this one is saying ?

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   

AutumnWitch657
I don't have any psychic ability other than mild intuition.

Of course not... that comes after initiation.

You could try asking your unconscious mind to use a different set of symbolic imagery to try to convey its message. Then you might be able to compare and contrast the imagery sets.

edit on 13-1-2014 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   

I'm not too crazy about the idea of being fragmented reformed and spit out.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Why wouldn't I just be psychic? Why would my mind require an initiation?

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   

AutumnWitch657

I'm not too crazy about the idea of being fragmented reformed and spit out.

That's why your ego-self is building structures to protect itself against the collective unconscious. Ego-death is scary to the ego, but its a necessary step toward enlightenment.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Well I guess it's never going to happen I am pretty attached to my ego. We go way back.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   

What about the fires this time? I was out in the open looking at the dunes and there were like fifty places where there were grass fires.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   

AutumnWitch657

Why wouldn't I just be psychic? Why would my mind require an initiation?

I don't know. It's just the way it is. It's something every mystic, shaman, witch, UFO contactee, etc goes through. I went through it and I'm fine. More or less. :p

"But I should like even now to stress the fact that the psychopathology of the shamanic vocation is not profane; it does not belong to ordinary symptomatology. It has an initiatory structure and signification; in short, it reproduces a traditional mystical pattern. The total crisis of the future shaman, sometimes leading to complete disintegration of the personality and to madness, can be valuated not only as an initiatory death, but also as a symbolic return to the precosmogonic chaos, to the amorphous and indescribable state that precedes any cosmogony. Now, as we know, for archaic and traditional cultures a symbolic return to chaos is equivalent to preparing a new creation. It follows that we may interpret the psychic chaos of the future shaman as a sign that the profane man is being "dissolved" and a new personality being prepared for birth." -Mircea Eliade

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Some dream psychology .... the tidal wave represents something overwhelming in your life that is either happening or building up to happen. I've had tidal wave and tornado dreams during these those times ... even as a child.

OR ... it could be more metaphysical ... a remembering from a past life or you are tuning in on a future event, either a real tidal wave or a 'tidal wave of something overwhelming about to happen in your life'.

But I usually go with the psychology aspect first. Try to rule that out before moving on to the metaphysical.

my 2 cents ...

Oh .. let me add ... keeping dream journals is helpful. Write down the symbols in the dreams and add a note as to what is happening in life that could be connected. Like if in a dream you find yourself on a strange road and crossing a bridge ... see if you are going in a different direction in life or if you are a bit lost in life and if there are changes happening (that would be the bridge) ... that kind of thing. A dream journal helps you recognize what symbols your brain uses in dreams and you can eventually interpret your own dreams.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   

AutumnWitch657
What about the fires this time?

Are there storms happening around you in real life? Psychological storms? Small difficult issues at work or home?
The fires could be representing those .... lightening strikes from each of the issues starts a fire.
(see my previous post for more on symbolism) ...

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   

AutumnWitch657

What about the fires this time? I was out in the open looking at the dunes and there were like fifty places where there were grass fires.

If I had to guess, the fires are the eventual consequences of your refusal of initiation. The waters of rebirth would of course put the fires out, except your ego-self is holding the waters back.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   

I've been a practicing witch since 1999. Funny you said that.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I have had these dreams for over thirty years.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Not any more than usual. I am looking for a job right now.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   

AutumnWitch657

I've been a practicing witch since 1999. Funny you said that.

Well, a witch is just a shaman viewed through a certain kind of cultural lens.

If you want to reach your potential, you're going to have to surrender to the waves. Ego-death and rebirth is waiting for everyone, eventually. If not in this life then the next. Or the next.

I would recommend that before sleep you try communicating with your unconscious mind. Just ask it to switch to a different kind of picture-language so you can compare.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join