It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was there a plot to kill Bush in Chile?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Bush did the wrong thing he endangered him self over a SS guard, he broke security protocols, I�m sure he sent his security team into conniptions, he thought from the top of his head and in doing so, believe it or not he put his life on the line. He went from secure situation to an unknown and unprotected situation and that is the bottom line.

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I teach spanish so is hardly political, and I always make it fun for the kids.

Spanish is a language that students seems to enjoy.

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sauron
Bush did the wrong thing he endangered him self over a SS guard, he broke security protocols, I’m sure he sent his security team into conniptions, he thought from the top of his head and in doing so, believe it or not he put his life on the line. He went from secure situation to an unknown and unprotected situation and that is the bottom line.

Sauron: I can totally agree with you. Your point is valid. However Bush took a decision toget his security agent out of a tight spot and he deserves kudos for thinking of others.

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 11:01 PM
link   
My two cents? I think its great. He probably *shouldn't* have put himself in that situation given that he is the president of the United States, but to see the leader of the free world step into a potentially violent confrontation for one of his Secret Service agents is amazing. It shows that the man has guts and will put himself in a little danger for the guys who are supposed to be protecting him. That's leadership. Most world leaders would have went running for a place to hide at the first sign of trouble. I certainly hope he doesn't make a habit of it, but this one incident gets a big thumbs up from me.

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leespitfire
Insults like that are just a waste of time my friend. Educated adults see right thru a fallacy such as yours (attacking the person instead of the argument).

Bush displayed abscence of common sense and protocol in his little display of "manliness."

He should have left the more experienced other Secret Service agents to deal with the situation.

It wasnt a display of manliness. President is always accompanied by Secret Service agents no matter where he goes. Secret Service dropped the ball on this one and President had to step in. You dont turn the President of the United States loose without protection in Chile no matter what the circumstances or the event. Dont even bother trying to call other people uneducated on this board. You have no reasoning abilities whatsoever.

To dgtempe...you arent a Bimbo...but your name does start with a B.

[edit on 20-11-2004 by fawlty]

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 11:10 PM
link   
First of all the situation in Chile because of his visit to the country was dangerous, and the protest were directed to him so he should have stick to the safety of his persona as the president and should have let the security handle the problem with his guard.

He could easily has put himself in danger with the stunt he did.

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger

He can do no right in your eyes anyway. WTF?

Just to clarify, I'm not a bush basher (he said bush basher) I'm a government basher, I bash them all equaly and without prejudice.
And why grovel around desparately trying to find good in him, what's the point? A bunch of wrongs and a couple of rights don't make sh1t smell better.

And the reason he's an idiot in this situation, as others have pointed out, he put himself in a very dangerous position.
Like the idiot on the sail boat who says "where" when someone says duck.
Luckily this for him this time the boom didn't hit him.

"WTF?" That's what I want to know.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043He could easily has put himself in danger with the stunt he did.

Thats the part you dont get, he avoided a rapidly deteriorating situation. It was not a stunt, it was a man that cared for those around him.

One thing you all havent noticed, he was pretty keen to even notice the problem wouldnt you say?

I like what he did, kinda like ol Teddy R, and he was a damn fine president.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Commander in Chief retreats to get his mercs..... :0

Did any of the other world leaders have body guards? Or were American body guards singled out.

It's the American Way to go do things yourself and Bush is a Texan. I can't
believe he would have handled this any other way....

May some pussy cats on the boards may be thinking he should have run and told Santiago on his military...but that would be really lame.

Good Job for Bush having Big Cahones!!!

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

Originally posted by Leespitfire
Then why are you considering it a big deal

Seize any opportunity for a chance at propaganda.

Wait a minute here with this one-liner. I suppose we've never seen any propaganda from the left? That's the ole proverbial pot calling the kettle black if I've ever seen it. Apparently the AP thinks it's newsworthy as well considering how many images they published online.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043we are in the verge of bankruptcy

Can you elaborate on this using factual data/links and not those indie sites that brilliantly display that anyone can take statistics and manipulate them to their advantage?

What I like is that one site (read it at work so I don't have it at home) that suggests everyone quit paying their mortgages as the bottom is about to fall out in 2005. Gee, that would really be great - it would save me 29 years of interest on our latest house.

[edit on 11/21/2004 by titian]

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by fawlty
It wasnt a display of manliness. President is always accompanied by Secret Service agents no matter where he goes. Secret Service dropped the ball on this one and President had to step in. You dont turn the President of the United States loose without protection in Chile no matter what the circumstances or the event.
[edit on 20-11-2004 by fawlty]

Really, from what I read, after the President entered the hall the Chilean guards closed ranks and prevented the secret service from entering. Unless you were there and actually witnessed the secret service taking a break I'd say you really have an invalid argument there. Do you have a link to a news article that describes otherwise?

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by titian

Can you elaborate on this using factual data/links and not those indie sites that brilliantly display that anyone can take statistics and manipulate them to their advantage?

She can not undertand what power a $10 Trillion dollar economy has, a total of 8 trillion in debt, with only 1-2 Trillion owed to outside concerns.

Another way is by the percentage of debt in relation to the gross domestic product In economics, the gross domestic product (GDP) is a measure of the amount of the economic production of a particular territory in financial capital terms during a specific time period.

Definition GDP is defined as the total value of all goods and services produced within that territory during a specified period (most commonly, per year). GDP differs from gross national product in excluding inter-country income transfers, in effect attributing to a territory the product generated within it rather than the incomes received in it.
..... Click the link for more information. . By this measure, the national debt taken during the World War II World War II was the most extensive and costly armed conflict in the history of the world, involving the great majority of the world's nations, being fought simultaneously in several major theatres, and costing approximately 55.5 million lives. The war was fought between two groups of powers: the alliance of the British Commonwealth, United States, Soviet Union, China, and the governments-in-exile of France, Poland, and other occupied European countries�collectively known as the Allies; and the alliance of Germany, Italy, and Japan and their allies �collectively known as the Axis.
..... Click the link for more information. (about 125% of GDP) started first decreasing sharply, then by mid 1950s the rate was slowing down and by 1964 the ratio had reached it's pre-war figure (32% of GDP). In the beginning of 1980 the debt started rising again and in 2002 the debt was about 60% of the GDP. The debt of United States is much lower than what it is in many other developed countries, such as Japan and many parts of the western Europe, where the debt is generally over 100% of GDP.

How bad is the debt?

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Hey, we are already bankrupt!

iresist.com...

"Mr. Speaker, we are here now in chapter 11.. Members of Congress are official trustees presiding over the greatest reorganization of any Bankrupt entity in world history, the U.S. Government. We are setting forth hopefully, a blueprint for our future. There are some who say it is a coroner�s report that will lead to our demise.

It is an established fact that the United States Federal Government has been dissolved by the Emergency Banking Act, March 9, 1933, 48 Stat. 1, Public Law 89-719; declared by President Roosevelt, being bankrupt and insolvent. H.J.R. 192, 73rd Congress m session June 5, 1933 - Joint Resolution To Suspend The Gold Standard and Abrogate The Gold Clause dissolved the Sovereign Authority of the United States and the official capacities of all United States Governmental Offices, Officers, and Departments and is further evidence that the United States Federal Government exists today in name only..."

The US is a bankrupt corporation and de facto government.

[edit on 21-11-2004 by Jamuhn]

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jamuhn
Heh, we are already bankrupt!

iresist.com...

Um, you're quoting a speech from an ex-congressman who was expelled from the house for ethics violations and is in jail for another six years.

Less than week after being expelled from the U.S. House of Representatives, former Congressman James Traficant of Ohio was sentenced today to eight years in federal prison for his April 11 conviction on charges of bribery, corruption and tax evasion.

usgovinfo.about.com...

Oh, the one person who voted against his expulsion in the bi-partisan 420-1 vote: The very honorable Gary Condit who had a mistress who mysteriously turned up dead in a Washington DC park.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Bush may be the first President in history to save a Secret Service Agent from physical harm. And there is no better situation than this to expose the superficiality of those who bash Bush so vehemently.

Kudos to edsinger.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 01:32 AM
link   
I hear Hitler did a great job in WW1, and even got an Iron Cross for bravery. Great guy, huh?

Bush = Christ, no doubt about it.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Um, you're quoting a speech from an ex-congressman who was expelled from the house for ethics violations and is in jail for another six years.
Oh, the one person who voted against his expulsion in the bi-partisan 420-1 vote: The very honorable Gary Condit who had a mistress who mysteriously turned up dead in a Washington DC park.

And!! What's the point? Why don't you do the research presented in his speech and then come back to me?

It's all there in plain sight, the US is a bankrupt entity.

Why do you think we can even go into debt? The Emergency Banking Relief Act of 1933 reorganized the financial system of the US government since the US could no longer pay its debts as they came.

In reorganization...liquidation may be avoided and the debtor may continue to function, pay his creditors, and carry on business. Barron's 3rd.

[edit on 21-11-2004 by Jamuhn]

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jamuhn
Heh, we are already bankrupt!

iresist.com...

Read that speech, and you'll realize why.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK
Once again Bush publicly proves what an idiot he is!

You have to be kidding me!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join