It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was there a plot to kill Bush in Chile?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Edsinger, I am a man who understands financials failry well. Would you post again what our current GDP is again. I want to give you a compliment on a good point about our GDP.

Secondly, regardless of whether I approve of George's Bush's leadership, him stepping into this situation shows strength of character.

Bah, twice this last week and half I have aquiesced into giving George a compliment. I think I'm losing my leftist agenda, lol. Save me Obi-Wan John Kerry your my only hope...

Thanks Again,

-ADHDsux4me, Proud future Member of the Personal Choice Party

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Bush comes from a prominent family, presidents, heads of state, governors, etc. He grew up in this ambiance and should know about protocol. It is not presidential to act this way, and it doesnt become him at all. Sort of like the pope taking a swing at someone in a crowd.
For christs sake, this is the leader of the free world. Act like it.
\

So deffusing a potentially violent situation is BAD?

I guess the leader of the free world should never make any attempt to end a situation PEACEFULLY!

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 02:07 AM
link   
It was a prep, do u actually belive thier gonna tell u where men of power are gonna meet?

Foolish to belive that..

Bush is not that stupidt to have himself in a sticky situation....

Think before giving this guy credit

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Good point, who says it cannot be a stunt for cameras and Cult of Personality that happened. Or maybe it was spontaneous, like the time the President decided to fly a Navy jet to an aircraft carrier to congratulate the troops, against the advice of Karl Rove.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by titian

Originally posted by Jamuhn
Heh, we are already bankrupt!

iresist.com...

The US is a bankrupt corporation and de facto government.

Um, you're quoting a speech from an ex-congressman who was expelled from the house for ethics violations and is in jail for another six years.

Less than week after being expelled from the U.S. House of Representatives, former Congressman James Traficant of Ohio was sentenced today to eight years in federal prison for his April 11 conviction on charges of bribery, corruption and tax evasion.

usgovinfo.about.com...

Oh, the one person who voted against his expulsion in the bi-partisan 420-1 vote: The very honorable Gary Condit who had a mistress who mysteriously turned up dead in a Washington DC park.

That is the best post I have seen in weeks!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Gonna agree with ADHD on this...yes I believe that showed strength in Bush's character...

There...I said something good about the man! Happy?

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man

Wow, truly amazing AMM. Truly #ing amazing. Did you bother doing the research either? Do you know that the US is bankrupt? Or are you just going to read that little bit and throw it to the side?

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by 2ndSEED
It was a prep, do u actually belive thier gonna tell u where men of power are gonna meet?

Foolish to belive that..

Bush is not that stupidt to have himself in a sticky situation....

Think before giving this guy credit

*sarcasm on* Ohhh my God - It's CLEARLY a STUNT!!!! Theres NO WAY IN HELL that this could EVER happen in real life!!! IT MUST have been a PR stunt (since even we can't make people believe it shows how EVIL his character is)!!!!!!! Yes - THATS it!!! It was a stunt!! A STUNT I TELL YOU!!!! One for the ages!!! Trying to make him look all BIG AND TOUGH - LIKE JOHN F. KERRY!!!! KERRY won 3 PURPLE HEARTS DON'T YOU KNOW!!!!! THATS 3 MORE THEN BUSH!!!!!! AND HE ALSO WON A BRONZE STAR!!!!! IN VIETNAM!!!!!!! BUSH must want us to believe that HE is the real man here!!!! As if HE won all those friggin HEARTS!!!!!! PURPLE HEARTS PURPLE HEARTS PURPLE HEARTS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *sarcasm off*

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jamuhn

Wow, truly amazing AMM. Truly #ing amazing. Did you bother doing the research either? Do you know that the US is bankrupt? Or are you just going to read that little bit and throw it to the side?

Let me ask you something. What is the annual income for the US government? What is the total debt?

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK
Once again Bush publicly proves what an idiot he is!

You have to be kidding me!

Nah, I think bush is kidding you!

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 04:08 AM
link   
What I want to know is how this altercation between U.S. and Chilean security officials occurred in the first place. Aren't these people supposed to have this kind of thing already worked out?

Somebody screwed up. Who screwed up, and why was security at this event so obviously mishandled?

Also, what's this business of trying to isolate the President of the United States from his Secret Service detail? Only someone who was grossly misinformed would attempt such a thing.

I can't imagine a security officer anywhere being so clearly out of line in a situation like that, and yet it appears to be true.

Somebody owes quite a few people an apology for this outrage.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 04:31 AM
link   
I would of did the same thing

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 04:42 AM
link   
I do not like the man or his policies for our Nation. However I will assume this is a true representation of events and this is the first time I am PROUD of MY PRESIDENTS actions. Reminds me of Teddy Roosevelt

Polar Bear

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Bush needs to leave Chile as soon as possible. This is starting to smell.

www.guardian.co.uk...

LL1

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 10:34 AM
link   
What he did was impromptu, not premeditated, I respect the
move he took. Shows that he can react immediately in a
situation. This was not staged, as the Chilean government
wanted to control the security.
The Chilean government's security attempted to block the S.S.
Pres. Bush's move showed, Oh no you don't!

Pres. Bush's move shows he's a T.E.A.M. Player, holding his T.E.A.M. together.
You've got my back, I've got your back!

True camaraderie!

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I honestly have no idea what this has to do with anything either way.

It's like me posting on yahoo news that I bravely told my sister to clean her room, because it was a mess.

Here's a cookie, George. You used common sense.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Loki
Here's a cookie, George. You used common sense.

Opinions may vary, but I think rather than a flash of bravado, the correct thing to do would have been to stay out of the dinner unless security arrangements were satisfactory.

And if not, then the right thing to do is say "BUH-bye" and leave.

The impromptu "private dinner" between Bush and Lagos -- also mandated by apparent conflict between U.S. and Chilean security -- must have featured some intriguing political conversation.

I imagine the dozens of other heads of state that were left out have some choice words for the situation as well.

This incident is embarrassing for Chile, not the U.S., and I am sure that anyone considering future summits will remember the abysmal situation here and take a pass.

If I were President Lagos, I would be sacking quite a few people immediately after the end of the summit. This is disgraceful, and formal apologies are in order.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Here is what Kerry would have done in this situation...

Oh no... this isn't going as planned.

I think I'll step in and difuse this situation...

oh wait,

Maybe the seccret service should do this for me...

oh wait,

maybe I should ask the UN what I should do in this situation...

oh wait,

ah ha!!! I'll hold a quick vote before I take any action.

Meanwhile his security agent is full of bullet holes

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK
Once again Bush publicly proves what an idiot he is!

I'm sorry, I doubt I'll be able to read any more of the thread. I hope it got better, though, but if this is an example of it, it's worthy of the trashcan.

What kind of person would say that Bush was the idiot in this case? One who'd rather have a blue-blooded elitist, that's what kind.

Bush demonstrated why I voted for him - he's a man with a backbone.

No, far from being an idiot, Dubya did the right thing, and he didn't have to have a committee to advise him or any consultation from anyone else.

Don't mess with Texas.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
First of all the situation in Chile because of his visit to the country was dangerous, and the protest were directed to him so he should have stick to the safety of his persona as the president and should have let the security handle the problem with his guard.

He could easily has put himself in danger with the stunt he did.

Yeah, the Chilien agents would have hurt him?

Don't bother responding, I'm not reading any farther. This is another thread of nothingness, the only reason why I saw this post is because for some reason, when I posted a thought, it stopped right smack here on this reply.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join