It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was there a plot to kill Bush in Chile?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jamuhn

Originally posted by titian
Um, you're quoting a speech from an ex-congressman who was expelled from the house for ethics violations and is in jail for another six years.
Oh, the one person who voted against his expulsion in the bi-partisan 420-1 vote: The very honorable Gary Condit who had a mistress who mysteriously turned up dead in a Washington DC park.

And!! What's the point? Why don't you do the research presented in his speech and then come back to me?

It's all there in plain sight, the US is a bankrupt entity.

Why do you think we can even go into debt? The Emergency Banking Relief Act of 1933 reorganized the financial system of the US government since the US could no longer pay its debts as they came.

In reorganization...liquidation may be avoided and the debtor may continue to function, pay his creditors, and carry on business. Barron's 3rd.

[edit on 21-11-2004 by Jamuhn]

Um, I don't recall being the person who issued the blanket statement in the first place. Using a speech from a convicted felon who was only the second congressman expelled since the Civil War hardly brings credibility to the argument. So if you agree with this then you can provide more credible research and come back to me. The burden of proof is on those who claim this, not the one who asks for credible sources.

I did read the article. It could apply to most industrialized countries on this planet who debt-finance. Furthermore it could apply to quite a few corporations as well.

Finally, I am well aware of the bankruptcy laws in the United States. As a credit card holder I am aware that my interest rate is affected by loss recovery due to the ease with which consumers can declare BK. As an investor I am aware of what happens when companies declare BK. It makes for a great short play if you get in early enough.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Big Cahones!?

Oh get real.

This all boils down to, what was going to happen to him, huh?

It was either -

1) a lame stunt, because there was no real 'risk'

or

2) a dangerous bit of stupid bravado (completely unaware of the TV, yeah right) where the C in C unnecessarily and for staggeringly petty reasons put himself at huge personal risk.

Applaud all you like if it makes him 'a real guy' or 'one of the boys' to you.....

.....any military commander would be the first to tell you all about the staggering crass stupidity of the commanding officer putting himself at genuine but utterly pointless risk.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 12:41 PM
link   

The funniest part was how everyone kept ignoring him!

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 12:55 PM
link   
It seems to me that everyone just wants to brawl these days. The president finally did a presidential thing and prevented more brawling. That is great, but what the hell is going on?!

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 01:12 PM
link   
nothing says stupid by stoping a situation the could have escalated into much worse.....please grow up

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by sminkeypinkey
It was either -

1) a lame stunt, because there was no real 'risk'

a lame stunt? no real risk? Go back to the first post, tell me that the Secret Service guy in the last photo with his back to the camera, is NOT going for his gun. Was that staged also? One shot leads to many.....
Let me be point blank, and ask this question here, and please if the only thing you can do is respond with sarcasm, don't.
Answer honestly, given the current world situation, the known threats to the president (or for that matter any world leader, knowing that people are burning the flag of your country, your picture, etc...how many of you would have walked over there, and without acting like a "macho" man (some of you have referred to the president as "macho")-- pushing people around and shouting---how many of you would have done what Mr Bush did and still did the right thing and stayed? I am sure that a lot of world leaders would have just said "screw it" we are out of here.......

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 01:30 PM
link   
you don't really need big cahones when you have the us army behind you. bush knows that. i'm sure he knew he wasn't in any danger.
the confused chilean security didn't recognise the american security. that doesn't mean there was any danger. they were just doing their job. poorly. of course, they recognise bush. if the chiliean government was gonna whack him, he'd be dead now.

what i love is how much edsinger admires bush's cahones. i'm a hopeless romantic. ah, the smell of spring flowers, so musky.......

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Well thomas thanks for single out my post.

Well Mr. Bush obviously is a (hombre con cojones) for some but the truth is that he had none when he goes around invading smaller third world countires it tell you what a bully he really is.

Whao, Mr. Bush follower sure love to be bullies too.
they way some post around here.

[edit on 21-11-2004 by marg6043]

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by titian
The burden of proof is on those who claim this, not the one who asks for credible sources.

You should say the same thing about your history books, which also claim it. I learned about this in my US history class before I even looked into the documents that I did point out to you. If you wish to further argue about this, you're on your own, I don't have time to argue with a history revisionist.

Or wait, are you Canadian? That might be why you don't understand this.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Well it seems that the people who think this was stupid win out 3/2 to those that thought Bush did the right thing. There is hope for ATS after all, as even Bush haters acknowledged it was the right thing.

I figured 5/6 would be that it was the wrong approach.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I think this thread proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that the collective maturity of this group is about that of an eleven year old girl.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
I think this thread proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that the collective maturity of this group is about that of an eleven year old girl.

That may be so, but this is coming from a man who has Sponge Bob Square Pants for his avatar.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Whats wrong with ol SpongeBob? he has more sense than most in here and he is a cartoon.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I didn't vote for GW and have my personal problems with the running of things at the moment BUT this caused my American pride to step out of its partisan shadow . That WAS ballsy ! Gotta hand it to him for dealing with this one personaly , no middle men !*

* except the ones he brushed aside

[edit on 21-11-2004 by oddtodd]

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Don't trash Spongebob. He's my hero and fine actor, to boot. I'm wearing my Spongebob lounging trousers, as I type.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I think the sponge bob avatar make Grady more human, and by the way I like him and my kids like him, my daughter saw the movie yesterday and she said that it had a lot of adult situations in it.

By the way I am not going soft on you Mr. Grady

[edit on 21-11-2004 by marg6043]

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
Don't trash Spongebob. He's my hero and fine actor, to boot. I'm wearing my Spongebob lounging trousers, as I type.

Lol, well I guess it's better than those George Bush lounging trousers edsinger is always talking about.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Everyone knows how I feel about Bush. Just take a look at my avatar. But any leader who steps into a brawl to try to calm the situation down gets my props

Now hopefully he will arm himself with a MP4, some military issue boots and 'calm things down' in Iraq.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simulacra
Now hopefully he will arm himself with a MP4, some military issue boots and 'calm things down' in Iraq.

Patience, my friend.

Once the constitutional amendment is ratified allowing foreign-born persons to become President of the United States, our next president may very well do exactly that.

Edit: And he would use a minigun and a phased plasma rifle in the 40-watt range, not some wimpy peashooter.

[edit on 11/21/2004 by Majic]

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majic

Originally posted by Simulacra

Patience, my friend.

Once the constitutional amendment is ratified allowing foreign-born persons to become President of the United States, our next president may very well do exactly that.

Hitler was an Austrian, so is Arnold. Not to trying to say anything, just an observation about two foreign-born leaders that came from the same country.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join