It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

440hz Music - Conspiracy To Detune Us From Natural 432Hz Harmonics?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   

revswirl
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

My main problem w/ the music industry is that the airwaves have been ruled by a sector of the economy who believes it's more important to sell commercials rather than expose the population to new and innovative thoughts.

I think that's everybody's problem with the music industry, especially those who work in the music world. It's all about profit, it has never been about exposing the population to new and innovative thoughts. Some areas within the music world are more geared towards artistic expression, like Jazz music, but the market for Jazz is very small compared to mainstream pop music, and Jazz labels still have to generate profit to exist. Its my view that audiences get what they want, sure there are systems within the industry that are geared towards promoting, say, one boyband over the next, there still has to be an audience to buy that stuff. If everybody in the US, for example, started to buy more folk music than you'd start hearing more folk music on the radio in the US. Take an artist like John Mayer for example, he's young, the ladies like him, he's very marketable, yet he plays Blues music(a lot, though not exclusively), when he started to make waves there was a huge spike in Blues CD sales, more guys similar to Mayer's style started getting attention, more girls started digging the blues(a bit). The big record companies spend more time watching these trends and trying to profit from them than it does trying to force people to listen to crap. Music is there for people to explore and develop their own tastes, nobody is telling you "you are not allowed to listen to this"(maybe some parents are), and if there are throngs of kids who want, and spend billions on, Westlife records then that's what we're gonna get on the TV, on the radio and on billboards everywhere.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   

revswirl

I suggest using headphones for this experiment because it makes it easier to detect differences. Create three tracks. Create one tone balanced to the left at 432, another balanced center at 433, and a third balanced right at 434. It creates an interesting panning effect showing that even a slight adjustment in hz does have a physical effect.

The effect you mentioned here is called dissonance, and it should be very well expected that a listener with normal hearing will notice this, especially with headphones and panned as you suggest. Dissonance is used in musical composition to create a perceivable tension to the listener, but it is very more obvious, for example when chord tones are altered like this: Dmajor, if you flatten the 7th scale degree you get D7, D7 would be considered a tension chord because of the flattened 7, the chord sounds slightly 'wrong' and the listener's ear wishes this tension to be resolved, hence composers usually use 7b chords to lead into other chords. These concepts are compositional tools used by all good composers.

The fact is that we all can hear dissonance, even the much smaller difference between 440hz and 432hz, especially when the pitches are played simultaneously, but it's the idea that one frequency is somehow better for you than the other that I contest, and that's where the hippy-dippy stuff comes in, and the conspiracy that some bad people tried to implement this whole thing to create dysfunction in our society is pure horse crap, like a lot of modern day conspiracies it tries to explain something like human aggression with pseudo scientific stoner rubbish, like we humans were all sitting around loving each other before the "change" to 440hz came in, yeah right!

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by seabhac-rua

The King's Chamber is actually 441, as found in one of 3 actual Egyptian flutes found, none near A432. My theory is they calibrated the equipment in a much different temperature than the King's Chamber, and got it wrong. Ha.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I covered my whole take on A432Hz here pretty thoroughly. People miss a lot, make up a lot... but there are very real reasons it's proper. The Schiller Institute info people repeat online is only half true at best. I actually ordered the War Dept Manual on Physics from 1943 they partially quote, and it does confirm that even doctors recommend A432Hz, so you debunkers can chew on that.

edit: NOT a reply to that poster, but to the thread in general

edit on 16-1-2014 by KAOStheory because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   

KAOStheory

doctors recommend A432Hz, so you debunkers can chew on that.

edit on 16-1-2014 by KAOStheory because: (no reason given)

Do you mind elaborating on that? What doctors? And what do they recommend you do with A432hz?

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   

From "Physics, Course 2, Heat, Sound and Light Textbook" War Dept. Education Manual EM 402, by Charles E. Dull, copyright 1943, Henry Holt & co.:

"What is standard pitch? Strike the note middle C on any average, well-tuned piano and it gives 256 vibrations per second. Likewise middle C tuning forks that are used in all physical laboratories are all tuned to 256 vibrations per second."
And,
"Sopranos find it difficult to sing music by Handel and his contemporaries when accompanied by instruments tuned to the pitch adopted by the American Federation of Musicians."

So, yea, your guitar tuner sucks. Throw it out.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by KAOStheory

On that note, I notice that 256 multiplied by 1.05946 successively gives 430.52[for A] and change.

How would this support A432?
edit on 16-1-2014 by DenyObfuscation because: in [ ]

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Do you have link for Information pertaining to doctors supporting a specific tuning? Not calling you a liar I would just like to read the data for myself. That whole due diligence thing and all.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   
A432 gives you 256.78Hz for C.
If you walk into a doctors office and ask to see his "medical" tuning fork, on it will be engraved "256Hz", and there you will have your proof. Or, just look up "medical tuning fork":
www.amazon.com...

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   

KAOStheory
If you walk into a doctors office and ask to see his "medical" tuning fork, on it will be engraved "256Hz", and there you will have your proof. Or, just look up "medical tuning fork":
www.amazon.com...

Ok but medical tuning forks like scientific tuning forks resonate at 200 hz not 256. They are used to test hearing loss and diabetic neuropathy among other things. Again do you have a link supporting your statemt that doctors RECOMEND patients to listen to or perform music at 432 hz because once again, the reference to hz or cycles is not specific to one tuning. Every tuning will allow you to play notes in that frequency. All you are doing by changing the tuning is moving the position of that note on the fretboard, at least in reference to a stringed instrument.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by peter vlar

I said that jokingly, like "Doctors recommend Lucky Stikes" or "Fluoride".

Any frequency will waver and vary unless it's a computer generated sine wave. That's why there's a little red light on the guitar tuner to show your A is basically in tune.

Of course there are more than one pitch of medical tuning forks.
The C one is 256 tho, not 251.63, is it not?
informatics.med.nyu.edu...
So if one were to want to seriously debunk A432, maybe one should start by asking the AMA why that is.
edit on 16-1-2014 by KAOStheory because: to add link

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   

KAOStheory
reply to post by peter vlar

I said that jokingly, like "Doctors recommend Lucky Stikes" or "Fluoride".

Any frequency will waver and vary unless it's a computer generated sine wave. That's why there's a little red light on the guitar tuner to show your A is basically in tune.

Of course there are more than one pitch of medical tuning forks.
The C one is 256 tho, not 251.63, is it not?
informatics.med.nyu.edu...
So if one were to want to seriously debunk A432, maybe one should start by asking the AMA why that is.
edit on 16-1-2014 by KAOStheory because: to add link

Fair enough, its tough sometimes to grasp the tone of someone's words in print so I hope you can see why I would take it as a serious thought. While the tuning fork you linked is clearly resonating at 256 I looked at about a dozen that were standardized at 200 and that was from various sources from amazon to eBay to medical sales sites. However I still don't see how it's Germain to the alleged conspiracy. I'm not a neurologist so I can't say for certain why they would use those specific tuning forks in those particular frequencies but it doesn't change the act that if I'm playing my bass in standard tuning I.e. A4 at 440 I can still play the same notes, scales and modes found in the non standardized 432.all you are doing is shifting positions on the fretboard. Again, there were no standardized turnings prior to the end of the 18th century and even after the advent of tuning forks the tunings varied from orchestra to orchestra, performance to performance until the 20th century. Only the US and UK standardized tuning to 440. The rest of Western Europe tunes to 442, middle eastern music is tuned completely different, Asian music also is not set to western or American tuning standards. When you get right down to it, the turnings, especially in jazz, rock and metal are often up to the personal preference of the composer. I haven't written a song in 440 in over 18 years and use a variety of alternate turnings and all of them are lower than A4@ 432 hz.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Still not 256. Doesn't this conspiracy require the frequencies of the notes up and down the scale to align with nature somehow?

Like in this post

Isolation

I thought that the frequency of all the notes on the instrument would have changed slightly, giving the song different harmonics and feel?

Modern Standard Tuning (A = 440 hz, C = 261.63 hz)
C 261.63
D 293.66
E 329.63
F 349.23
G 392
A 440
B 493.88

Stradivari/Verdi Tuning (A = 432 hz, C = 256 hz)
C 256
D 288
E 324
F 352
G 384
A 432
B 486

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Don't the natural whole numbers in the Verdi tuning come from using Pythagorean tuning? I don't think you'll see that using even temperament regardless of the frequency of A.

AFAIK, no one can even use Pythagorean tuning on any instrument that has fixed intervals. Violin I guess yes but guitar no.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by DenyObfuscation

well this always ends up at temperment, so here's my thing.
I play guitars and basses. I play vintage synthesizers.
All I really care about is A432 = C#136.10Hz OM.
It's the Cosmic Keyboard.
Tune your guitar to A440 and try to play along with Ravi. No bueno, you're sharp, ouch.
www.youtube.com...
Namaste.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   

well this always ends up at temperment

That's reality.

As for the rest of it, well if it's a religious thing for you then do your thing. That doesn't support the claims of a conspiracy here though.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by DenyObfuscation

Well spirituality not religion, and for sure, because those and conspiracy NEVER cross paths.
(*OFFICIAL NOTICE OF SARCASM*)

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 06:21 AM
link   
I am very interested in sound and how people are becoming more and more manipulated by sound on a subconscious level however my response to this has helped me come to the conclusion of an entirely different subject, How crop circles are made, Apply the same techniques used in the video or using magnets or better still the vibrations of a drill. I tried this out using a 10" thick piece of wood securely placed between two chairs poured salt on the top of the wood and slid underneath the wood between the chairs I proceeded to drill at a constant upright firm position at medium speed the results were similar as in the video patterns as the video supplied on P1 I then proceed to drill through the side of a thicker piece of wood horizontally and the results were the same.

Crop circles not made from above but made from below and that why there is no trace.
edit on 23-2-2014 by krystl because: left out information

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Sorry for posting in a pretty old thread but this is very solid advice. Another good one is 444 hz, it makes C = 528 hz which is the exact frequency in which our sun vibrates, grass, many natural things. Doctors use it to repair dna. It is also known as the frequency of love. The beatles? Pink floyd? Recording in 440?.. no way lol. For anyone that works with music this is vital information. The difference is clear, you can hear it. I myself haven't used 432 as much as 444 but I did program my keyboard one night to play in 432 instead of the 440 i was playing, and after i changed it my cat came over and starting rubbing his head against my computer. I tuned my acoustic guitar to 444 and there's a clear high frequency almost like a ringing that sits above the regular strum frequency that sounds way higher and sounds intensely beautiful. If you tune your guitar to 444 (you can do it from youtube) and find where you feel it resonates the most sound, pluck the 2nd string from the top and listen carefully and youll hear what im talking about

Its weird that comment sections about this topic bring forth so much negative emotion.. seemingly based off of nothing. Makes me wonder. You can research the math yourself or better yet just listen to the sound. Ancient egypt used it, and they were making things float with sound, i think its time we get a little up to date

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: 711117
Sorry for posting in a pretty old thread but this is very solid advice. Another good one is 444 hz, it makes C = 528 hz which is the exact frequency in which our sun vibrates, grass, many natural things.

I'm sorry, but what a load of nonsense. The sun vibrates at very very low Hz, and also has other complex modal frequencies involved as well. In fact, to even begin to bring it into our hearing range it had to be sped up 42,000 times. So, I'm not sure who told you the sun vibrates at 528 Hz?

Not to mention grass... The vibrational sympathetic frequency of grass would be down to the actual length of that blade of grass.

I agree that certain music might sound better or worse to some people based on initial tuning frequencies, but that's down to personal taste, and possibly the shape of their ear canals.
What does turn things negative is saying things like the sun, grass, sex and doctors fixing DNA all happens at one frequency.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Qumulys

Well if you do the research..

Sorry i'm sending this off my phone and don't know how to use the actual quote thing, but here:

Guest host Rob Simone (email) was joined by Dr. Len Horowitz, authority on public health and consumer protection, for a discussion on the remarkable properties of the 528 Hz frequency.

"The way that the entire universe is constructed," he claimed, "is through a musical, mathematical matrix composed of nine core creative frequencies." Based on his research, Horowitz contended that the 528 Hz frequency is the key component of this matrix.

He explained that NASA studies show that the sun's output contains 528 Hz as "kind of a central frequency within it." In turn, he said, this frequency can also be found in oxygen as a result of the photosynthesis of plants. "All of the botanical world is actually celebrating the 528 Hz frequency," Horowitz declared.

Ultimately, he observed that the frequency can be found in "the heart of everything" including sacred geometry as well as everyday sounds such as laughter, sighing, and yawning. Additionally, he said that the frequency has remarkable healing powers, including the ability to repair damaged DNA.

While 528 Hz may not be well known to the everyday populace, Horowitz mused that "people are inherently aware, in their hearts, of this frequency. It resonates in their heart as joy."

I'm sure if anyone does the research they will not be disappointed. It's no secret that we and everything we can perceive is vibration. It only makes sense that the cosmic vibrations that are apart of us and everything else, would resonate with us better than ones that are mathematically imprecise. If you believe in the power of math and vibration then you should do more research on this; i'm just doing my part relaying the basic information about it here because this thread was at the top of google when i searched something pertaining to this. There is nothing to be lost in pursuing this at all, so if you're open minded just try it out for yourself; see if you can't feel the difference. There are guitar tuning apps you can use if you want to try this out on a guitar

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 12:50 AM
link   
a reply to: AK907ICECOLD

I know this response comes late, but I thought I'd chime in as I'm researching the topic of 432 Hz = A4.

I have heard that benefits from listening to classical music has more to do with tempo than reference pitches or scale temperaments. I have a collection of Baroque adagios, whose tempos are said to average around 60 beats per minute, which is coincidentally the average resting heart rate of a person. The idea, as far as I know, goes something like this: if you listen long enough, your heart rate will naturally entrant to 60 beats per minute, and when it does, your brain is in a better state to take in information, this helping your overall ability to learn new material.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join