It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Healing Frequencies, Confirmed, and Debunked

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Hello all,
Personally, I provide Vibro-Accoustic therapies combined with color-light therapy, aromatherapy, crystal therapy, and Reiki, and am taking a tuning-fork therapy certification class next week.
As I am currently giving presentations/lectures on the Spiritual Science of Sound and Vibration, I thought I would share here what I have confirmed and debunked, and get some feedback that may help in the talks as well. Currently they run 90 minutes or more, depending on questions etc, as I cover the history of acoustic levitation, cymatics, color-sound correlations, and healing (Dr. Royal Rife and etc.). But I will try to keep it short as possible here, then we can take it from there in the thread.

The Schumann Earth Resonance(s)
The main and mean peak is 7.83Hz, but that is actually one of seven. When people say it’s increasing, they say it’s at about 13Hz now, and that’s actually just the 2nd of seven. You can see updates and more here:
www.glcoherence.org...
W. O. Schumann, a professor and director of the Electrophysical Laboratory at the Technical University of Munich, knew this already when he challenged his class to measure it, as Tesla had estimated it at 8Hz years earlier. But it had to be “re-discovered” with a different name attached to be accepted by science.
As a brainwave frequency, it’s a beneficial Theta wave to us humans, with a few exceptions, such as those with Parkinsons, who seem to have an abundance of extreme Theta peaks, and of course, some behavioral disorders.

Binaural Beats and Brainwave Entrainment
Most frequencies found in online lists are misconstrued, and these are being used in tracks people sell or recommend. When I checked references for let’s say, “0.2 - 0.26Hz for dental pain“, or “2.67Hz associated with intestines”, one leads back to a website for acupuncture, where they refer to the use of a tactile transducer attached to a specific point on the ear. Then the frequency is applied. Not a brainwave frequency. The others trace back to Dr. Rife, who used a high-powered “Sound Laser”, beamed directly at the area, with the frequency swept to ensure the right one was hit for the individual as it will vary, and with an extremely high carrier wave. Again, NOT a brainwave frequency that will magically make your intestines healthy.
Most neurologists will tell you that a healthy balance of the different brainwave areas is best, and the ability to transition from one to the other smoothly, as in from deep sleep, to somewhat awake, to awake at breakfast, to work, to home to relax, to back to bed…you get the idea. “Shifting gears”.
Some are real, such as the Schumann Resonance, Beta waves induce dopamine production, and 40Hz is our “operating system” where all the senses are combined into our perception of one experience. I wouldn’t advise using any brainwave entrainment tracks you haven’t researched, and the “drugs” ones, well, I wouldn’t trust those any more than I would recommend buying actual drugs on the street. Besides that, just download Gnaural, it’s free and easy to use, just make your own. Feel free to PM me if you need help.
I use an EEG headset and software to monitor and observe results; about 8 minutes will show increased peaks in the range used, with effects lasting from 10 minutes to several hours.

Low-Frequency Vibration Therapy
Used in treatment centers for Parkinsons and children with Autism, beneficial for motor skills, circulation, joints and muscles, relaxation. It’s like a massage for the whole body at once. We are 70% water, all you need to do is look at the cymatics displays of the frequencies used to see exactly what it does to you, which I do in my sessions.

Om and A432Hz vs A440Hz
Almost all info online about A432Hz can be traced back to the Schiller Institute. They say ancient instruments were tuned to it, stringed can’t really be verified, and Egyptian flutes are no where near it, one is A440 actually, which makes sense, because that’s the Pyramid Resonance. They also say the Nazis are responsible for A440, what I found is that it was Radio Berlin who in 1936 pushed for the standard. At that time, sure, they were little more than a Nazi propaganda machine, and why anyone would push for the Pyramid Resonance to be the standard is nefarious, as it obviously turns you into a power plant for energy vampires by making you flail about in either a violent or sexual manner.
A432Hz is proper, and verified by Rosicrucian charts in which they call it the Cosmic Keyboard. I won’t post them here as I am not an AMORC member, but I found them online and in books I own. They show the correlations of the frequencies to color and other ranges in the spectrum as well. A432Hz puts your C# at OM. A-U-M is the “Power-Chord” of C#, it’s 5th the G#, then C# again at an octave higher. We know this from the tuning of the Sitar in classical Indian music, the teachings of the gurus and yogis, the Tibetan monks who tell us “it comes from nature”, and the scientific research of the Rosicrucians.
The “all sounds at once” theory is kinda related to auras. White is all light frequencies at once, and rearely seen other than in those of an extremely enlightened or “illuminated” nature.
And the theory that Om is a B note comes from a book in the 60’s by a disciple of a guru who was intuiting the Schumann Resonance as Om (7.83Hz is approximately a B). This same guru sent 3 disciples to help build the Integratron, a parabolic dome built in the early 1950’s by an aeronautics engineer, in the High Desert of California on a geomagnetic vortex and cross-section of ley-lines, to harness the Schumann Resonance and distribute it with Tesla technology. I went there to record some of the tracks I use in my sessions, and it’s amazing. Kirtan bands will hold tight to the B theory, as you cannot re-tune an accordion down, only up, by filing the reeds, so they’re stuck with it. Guitarists will argue that guitars aren’t designed or set-up properly for anything but A440, but will “drop-D” or any other weird tunings to play Black Sabbath or whatever...

edit on 6-12-2013 by KAOStheory because: sp

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by KAOStheory

Chakra Attunement Music
Most music for Chakra attunements, toning, or meditation, is simply the 7 notes of a C major scale. This can be traced back to Steven Halpern’s “Spectrum Suite”, 1975, and is solely based on the keyboard, as the C is the “center, root” note. Well, in Chakras, the center and root are two different things, the center being the heart. And I play guitar, so what’s my root note? Not C.
The color correlations to Chakras we currently except are based on the Solar Spectrum, the 7 Rays, as they appear in order, red to violet. These are accurate and verified by psychologists who recommend certain colors for hospital rooms, classrooms, and offices. All frequencies are related in octaves, and red just isn’t C. In A440 it’s G, but A440 doesn’t jive with our systems. In A432, which does, it’s G#.
When you then lay out the 7 Chakra notes, the C lands at the heart, where it belongs, and the other 5 notes of 12 land in very logical order, such as C# Om right between the Heart and Throat, communication with the universe and spirit. Other spiritual/scientific writings can be found that confirm this, such as one that describes a piece of music and it’s “divine F#“. The AMORC charts help to confirm this, and they invented a color-organ and held performances, but not for Chakra therapy, as they believe Kundalini is dangerous, and use a gland-based energy center system.
Of course you can meditate on any color you like for Chakras, but if you’re intuiting your root as green, you may want to see why that is. And this isn’t about meditating, it’s scientific. If we are to believe in color-light Chakra therapy, then why would you use a dissonant musical note?
Halpern has recently re-released his recording retuned to A432. When I asked him about the C major scale, he said it’s because it relates to 8Hz, the Schumann Resonance, in A432, but again, he only recently retuned to that, and it’s not 8Hz. I’m glad he’s finally beginning to see the light, pun intended.
The other popular Chakra correlations are…

The Solfeggios
Supposedly decoded from the Bible by Joseph Puleo and popularized by Dr. Len Horowitz, these 6 frequencies were expanded to 9, then 12, and supposedly are ancient healing tones hidden away by the Catholic Church for centuries. They claim that they correlate to the Chakras, and that one is used by microbiologists to “repair DNA“. Another claim is that they are used in the Gregorian Chants.
Anyone with a guitar tuner can see that that’s not true. As far as DNA repair, they have no evidence and I’ve asked microbiologists, and they say nope, DNA repairs itself, that’s what it does. See these claims were made in the early 90s and were harder to check. Bottom line is, a frequency is the measurement of the cycles-per-second, or CPS, of a wave. The “second” wasn’t used as a measurement of time until about 1,000 years after the Bible chapter was written, let alone any way to measure the cycles thereof of a wave, so if they pulled these numbers out of it, fine, but they aren’t frequencies. I used the Solfeggios for a few years and found all this by trying to prove it, but there’s just not one shred of evidence to back their claims. If anyone has any, no one would be happier than me to hear it.

Well that’s it, a bit longer than I intended but pretty much covers what I’ve found so far. There’s a lot of BS out there, and I just wanted to share a bit as sound and vibration are finally being recognized as powerful tools for healing, and folks need to know the truth from the hooey, and to maybe help fellow musicians understand what we are communicating through this language of notes we use. Thanks for reading.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   

KAOStheory
When people say it’s increasing, they say it’s at about 13Hz now, and that’s actually just the 2nd of seven. You can see updates here...

I think you need to read and understand your references bit better.
The frequencies are NOT increasing, and no "updates" are required.

KAOStheory
... to be accepted by science.

Being "accepted" by science has nothing to do with it, since there is absolutely nothing mystical, mysterious, philosophical, "new age", medical, alternative or spiritual about them.
They are the result of the physical size of the earth, and the physical speed of light.
Physics.
Measurable. Observable.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

I think you just misunderstand my points.
I'm pointing to the fact that it is NOT increasing, despite some people saying that it IS, and that you can see that for yourself at the link i provided.
EDIT TO ADD: "some people" being a friend of mine included in fact, a point we still agree to disagree on.

And I'm theorizing that even though most scientists knew of Tesla's earlier 8Hz estimate, Schumann set out to find the exact resonance and re-introduce the information without Tesla's name associated, because of his slandered reputation in science.
EDIT TO ADD: as in, to answer the question, why is it not called the 8Hz Tesla Earth Resonance, if he discovered it first?
edit on 6-12-2013 by KAOStheory because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   

KAOStheory
And I'm theorizing that even though most scientists knew of Tesla's earlier 8Hz estimate, Schumann set out to find the exact resonance and re-introduce the information without Tesla's name associated, because of his slandered reputation in science.

EDIT TO ADD: as in, to answer the question, why is it not called the 8Hz Tesla Earth Resonance, if he discovered it first?

I've done a bit of an internet search, but cant find any evidence that anybody at all knew about his estimates of 8Hz for the resonant frequency, let alone "most scientists" of the time. Tesla was a bit more secretive and reclusive than most realise.

And as for the "wrong name" phenomena. Wow, you could write a whole book *** on the uncountably long list of names where a discovery or invention was named after the one famous for it, not who was first with it.

Halleys comet was seen all through human history, Edmund Halley merely computed its orbit.
Dozens of people had written about evolution before Charles Darwin.
Salmonella should not have been named after Daniel Salmon.
Hansen's disease (leprosy) had been around long before Gerard Hansen worked on it.
and so forth, ad infinitum...

See the wikipedia entry for Stigler's law of eponymy

In its simplest and strongest form it says: "No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer."

Edit:
*** I just checked Amazon.com. I dont think anyone actually has written a book on that interesting historical topic of Stigler's law.

edit on 6-12-2013 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Interesting, and thank you for checking that - I'll re-word that in the future.
I suppose you're right that not many scientists would be aware of a lot of Teslas works, especially back then.
Maybe the Schumann and Binaurals part should have gone in the Science & Tech forum, but my inclusion of Om, A432 vs A440, Chakras, and Solfeggios made me put it here.
And actually, there are metaphysical aspects to the Schumann Resonance -
1 - he may or may not have been a member of a certain secret society who was well aware of Teslas works,
and
2- a Brittish study has found that in a Reiki session, both parties brainwaves increase and synch up at 7.83Hz peaks, and to to me, is evidence that it is one of the measurable frequencies of life-force energy.
www.reikiteaching.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   

KAOStheory
And actually, there are metaphysical aspects to the Schumann Resonance -

2- a Brittish study has found that in a Reiki session, both parties brainwaves increase and synch up at 7.83Hz peaks, and to to me, is evidence that it is one of the measurable frequencies of life-force energy.

I read that link, but I'm still not seeing the connection between the two.
Perhaps you could link them together for me.

I mean that just because two separate things are at about 8Hz does not, in and of itself, show that there is a connection, any more than two things that are red, or two things that happen at 6 o'clock.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by KAOStheory

I have always been interested in 'frequency healing' and it makes common sense how it works. It also being known that everything from a rock, a flicker of light, to living cells, has its own unique vibration. To give an example the magnitude of the number of frequencies out there, we must understand what a frequency is -

[searchcio-midmarket.techtarget.com...[/url]

Basically it's the movement of the electromagnetic force that is the binder for all things. We still don't understand what exactly this force is but that's what CERN is for. This force is in constant movement, compressing and expanding on itself, in all directions and for those that believe, all dimensions.

At what speed determines this value. All of our senses measure this frequency and give us our ability to see, hear, smell and feel. If we used light as a scale of frequencies, we as humans can't see all the colors in the spectrum but we know they're there and if you were to put a pencil thin bar of each color of light, it would be from here to the sun.

This is a very rough definition for the laypersons out there like me.

Now on to my question -

isn't the practice of frequency healing a very, very precise science? From what I understand the trick is determining a specific frequency and to enhance or destroy that specific frequency.

An example would be 'Let's say you have skin cancer. A cancer cell is nothing but an all used up cell that should have died and been replaced by a healthy one but instead, didn't, and keeps reproducing other "used up" cells (Laymen's dictionary again). The good skin cell and the old used up one each have there own little vibration going on as does your cells that make up your bone cells, blood cells and all the other types of cells in your body. If you to disrupt the frequency of the cancer cells to the point of breaking that electromagnetic bond that's holding it all together, you have no more cancer. BUT, if you miss this certain frequency you could possibly enhance ( paraphrase would be 'to tickle') the cancer cell or worse, damage healthy ones.

Please do correct me in any of my self-taught understanding of this science. When it comes to me learning things, I'm not the greatest teacher.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

The quote from the link -
"They found that not only do the brain wave patterns of practitioner and receiver become synchronised in the alpha state, characteristic of deep relaxation and meditation, but they pulse in unison with the earth's magnetic field, known as the Schuman Resonance."

I think that's a little more than coincidence personally but again that's why I posted in this forum as opposed to science and tech, to be able to discuss ALL aspects or known correlations of frequencies of importance.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   

KAOStheory

Ok, I've spent a bit of time reading up on the A432 Hz tuning system, such as at this page, but to me its still not making sense because:

- It works on a basis of 8Hz.
That is, 8.000 Hz.
And *nowhere* can I find any reference to the human body being tuned to 8.000 Hz to that fine degree of decimal points. You yourself have mentioned 7.83Hz twice now, and the reference you use in your first post talks of "7.8 Hz" on two occasions, while other sources around the net have other similar but not exact values.

For what its worth, 7.83 Hz would mean we should be using A422 Hz. (If I've done my maths correctly)

- Schumann resonance cannot also be said to be 8.000 Hz.
Your link shows this graph:

I defy anybody to give that degree of accuracy for the first peak of 8.000 Hz, especially as the reference itself calls it otherwise as 7.8Hz.

Conclusion:
The A432 system of music tuning is based on value that is neither agreed on, reproducable, consistent with Schumann resonances, nor measurable to the degree required.

Furthermore, the lower tuning has already been used by millions of people around the world with batteries running flat in their cassette players, causing the tape to run slower, and nobody ever said "yeah, it sound better now".

edit on 6-12-2013 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by geo1066

Well to answer that both yes and no, I'll give two examples.

One, Dr. Royal Rife, who I mentioned in the Brainwave Entrainment section, used the sound-laser to beam at the cancer cells, and he swept the frequencies, meaning if we was to use 347kHz he would sweep the tone from say 300kHz to 400kHz, just to make sure because each individual is unique. (I'm just using those #s for examples, I don't have his frequency list in front of me.)

Two, Fabian Maman conducted studies on breast cancer in Paris and found that simply singing a major scale, "toning", approx. 3.5 hours a day for about 3 months, caused the cancer to disappear or the tumor to dry up enabling safe removal with no remission. Now he did this with a major scale in A440. And by the 3rd note, the cells would begin to destabilize, they couldn't handle the orderly progression.

So yes and no, and it depends on what your trying to achieve.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   

KAOStheory
... but they pulse in unison with the earth's magnetic field, known as the Schuman Resonance."

Well that certainly makes no sense then because the earth simply does not pulsate as they suggest.

They make it sound like a pendulum, where you can see it (or a figure on a chart, or guage on a magnetometer) swinging backwards and forwards where pulses can be "in unison" with something.

The first graph actually gives a clearer picture of reality:

It is much like random noise, and it is only after collecting many many cycles of waves that one can then run a "fourier transform" analysis on it, to the produce the image in my previous post that shows which wavelengths are more or less predominant in the sampled signal.

Any suggestion that you could watch brainwaves on one screen and a magnetometer on another screen and say "yes, they're in unison" is nonsensical.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

The part about tape decks gave me a chuckle.
But the difference between A440 and A432 wouldn't be heard for very long with batteries that are running down.

The Schumann Resonance's fundamental, mean peak is 7.83Hz and it varies up or down throughout the day.
In A440, the closest we get is 7.717, which is closer than A432, where we have B at 7.575 and C at 8.025, so maybe that is also cause for the A440 standard? Although doubtful, as if so, I think it would have been more exact.

I have two metal hand-made Tibetan singing bowls, bought from two different Indian vendors, both said both were Om. One was a high octave of the C# at 544.4Hz, the other was a high B at 994.5 - now of course, these pitches fluctuate a bit when they are played, and so do the pitches of chanting Monks, or a guitar string. The B bowl divided down gets us 7.77Hz, pretty close to the Schumann Resonance for a hand-made Tibetan singing bowl.

Again, the ability to measure CPS is fairly recent in world history and I personally feel that pitch and tempos can will and should vary a bit, it's how expression comes through, the intent and feeling of the musician.
But I have a US War Department Physics Manual from 1943 that tell us that even doctors recommend A432 and it's just too high for sopranos.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

You're right, they worded that wrong.
Brainwaves pulse, but they just don't understand the Schumann Resonance fully.
edit on 6-12-2013 by KAOStheory because: typo

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   

KAOStheory
The quote from the link -
"They found that not only do the brain wave patterns of practitioner and receiver become synchronised in the alpha state, characteristic of deep relaxation and meditation, but they pulse in unison with the earth's magnetic field, known as the Schuman Resonance."

Can you find any more details on this experiment by "Dr Zimmerman and Dr Becker in the 1980’s", because all I'm finding is a lot of copy pasta, where all the Reiki sites are just quoting each other, usually word for word, but not a single one of them actually gives any more information.

Is it just reiki urban legend?

Furthermore, why did it have to be one experiement, by one group, at one time, in the 1980's?
Surely if such a phenomenon was real, it could be reproduced by anybody, anywhere, at any time.

Has it been replicated?
Did it even happen?

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   

KAOStheory
The part about tape decks gave me a chuckle.
But the difference between A440 and A432 wouldn't be heard for very long with batteries that are running down.

Well, not just with batteries running down, but it also has to be said that tape decks, even ones that run off mains power, were all notoriously uncalibrated. With a lot of them, there is a fine tuning potentiometer that controls the power to the motor, much like how record players can be tuned to run "off" the correct speed.

Which brings me to my next question.
Two years ago when I was building my keyboard, I was reading a lot about tuning systems, and learnt fairly quickly on how varying geographic regions had their own random differing tuning "standard". Typically, what the big organ (or the biggest local instrument) was tuned for.

If A432 was so naturally harmonious and "proper", and "cosmic", and “it comes from nature”, and "chakra centered", and does indeed "jive with our systems"...
then
...why didnt musicians naturally settle on this system over the centuries as best, instead of the random collection of historical tunings we actually find?
...why dont we have a history of record players being retuned to it in homes, so records sound better?
...why dont radio stations run the digital playback of songs to it naturally, so as to sound better, become more popular and retain the audience.

or in other words, if its so good, why didnt anybody notice?

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

They did.
Again, it's in the classical Indian music. It's in classical European music. Pull up a Ravi Shankar album on youtube, check the tuning. And A432 is why the Beatles were in tune with Ravi Shankar, and guitarists complain that their early recordings are out-of tune.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

I'm honestly not sure but again thanks for checking. And it's on my to-do list, I cureently only own one EEG headset and software system, and need to order another to do just that. I too have to see it to believe it when it comes to such things, but from being a Reiki practitioner myself, and having done plenty of brainwave entrainment at 7.83Hz, I already can tell that it's true. But yes, I will repeat the study and make the results known whether the same or not.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
i got lost in your OP... just TMI (too much info)

i can appreciate the vibration-resonance of the Tibetan Bowl... when in the room One is 'transported' into another state of mind... the Church of Tsadi uses the Tibetan Bow, as a sort of 'communion' between the participants & the higher force... different than the Catholic 'communion' wafer

as for the Shuman resonance... i, being a mere neophyte, go In more for 'grounding' with Nature...the Earth
than trying to be harmonic with the 7.2Hz(?) Earth resonance

then whenever i need solitude or energized (in a peculiar way) i will go to the free music @ ektoplazm.com
and listen to new or archived favorite albums

funny though... last week i was researching the 666Hz frequency... there a several YTube offerings of the 666Hz sound/tone/vibration/frequency

1 will return to this thread from time-to-time to see what's developing
nice, interesting Ink there OP...i suppose that's your hand as an Avatar

thanks

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

Yes I know, it's a lot of info at once.
My main thing here is to get out the information about the frequency lists for binaurals being misconstrued, and the Solfeggios being not real, or someone here showing some sort of proof that they are, as I can find none. As I stated, sound for healing and meditation are becoming more popular (yes, there's an app for that - several), and misinformation abounds. I took the time to check a lot of references and have the musical background and knowledge to see through some claims, and the analytical mind enough to know when something doesn't add up. I don't come from a New-Age or "hippy" perspective on these things, so I don't have the blind faith many do.
That being said, that's my other reason for posting this here, because people like alpha1 will call to my attention to things I've missed, such as the Reiki/Schumann study. I hadn't checked that reference, and being a Reiki practitioner, I did accept that on faith - even though I had plans to see it for myself eventually. I'm only human. His researching and not finding it verifiable just moved it WAY up on my priority list, and I'm better prepared and informed than if someone were to challenge that in a talk. I can't just stop and start googling. That's why I love this site.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join