It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What will happen if we bring conciousness to space?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
So, I'm really interested in the Mars One projects and others alike.
I've been looking to get educated on the basics of quantem physics.

So my question to ats'ers who know more about this than me:

What will happen if we bring conciousness to (ie) mars?
The ways things work change in quantem physics, if we bring conciousness to it. So thats why I'm wonderring, if it can change mars if we go over there?

It kept me awake for some nights now, so please help

edit on 17-05-1983 by Goedhardt because: Becouse i want to...

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Goedhardt

First off id like to inquire with you about what you think consciousness is because how i define it far different from the way your using it.

Second, how sure are you we can go that far away from earth?

To me consciousness is a web, and we are the spiders.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Im extremely interested in the Mars One project also. I created a thread or two about it, didn't see much traffic.

Are you asking if we bring consciousness to mars that we can change physics? I'm lost on your question.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Read "The Mind Parasites" by Colin Wilson. I realize it is just fiction, but the proposals in the book are quite interesting concerning man going into distant space and what might happen. The book is loosely based on a Lovecraftian notion concerning the Necronomicon and what the old ones may have left on the moon or introduced during the Renaissance.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
OP are you asking how things would be addressed approached and evaluated from different scientific mind states if a conscious outlook was added or considered?

@What will happen if we bring consciousness to space?

1 doesn't doubt it exist already.
It may add more moral standpoints to experiments that may be possibly considered when terraforming is more considered.
ex: test subjects survival potentials & existing native potential importance's.

NAMASTE*******

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I think people take the whole concept of "our consciousness affects reality" too seriously and way too literally.

Consider this: If humans and human thought did not exist (nor ever had existed), do you think the universe would even really notice? Do you think the universe would be different, or would it be virtually the same.

Personally, I think the universe would be the same whether humans were around to observe it or not. Human consciousness can NOT be that important to the workings of the universe. Human observation/consciousness does NOT affect the reality of the universe.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

From my perspective the universe is the web of consciousness.

If we are the spiders then how does that relate?

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   

It does affect our reality. I assume this also counts for the rest of the universe. Although it will not be a human consciousness.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   

onequestion

From my perspective the universe is the web of consciousness.

If we are the spiders then how does that relate?

I think you put too much importance on humans...

Humans: a tiny species whose only been around for a "blink of an eye" compared to the span of the universe; a minor species living on a tiny planet for a short period of cosmological time in a random galaxy -- a planet that is virtually the size of a spec of nothingness in the grand scheme of the universe, and a species whose been on that planet for about 0.0001% of that planet's time of existence, and about 0.00003% of the universe's time of existence.

Why would our virtually inconsequential existence (both time-wise and space-wise) have anything real effect on the rest of the universe?

edit on 1/11/2014 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Maybe the human isn't important but the mind is?

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   

onequestion

Maybe the human isn't important but the mind is?

The mind (and consciousness) may be nothing more than the result of chemicals in the brain. If that is that case, then the body is the reason for the mind (and for what people call "consciousness").

Maybe when the brain stops working, the thing that we call consciousness ceases, because consciousness may not be separate from the mind and body, but is simply a construct of brain activity.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   

It would be interesting, I doubt it should be any different but I'm wondering what will happen if we die there.

I believe in a collective conciousness, like we are all fragments of a greater 'source', when we die and (in my beliefs) we go back to 'the source', will it be the same source or a new one that is started around mars?

Who knows, it will be interesting to see.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   

The mind (and consciousness) may be nothing more than the result of chemicals in the brain. If that is that case, then the body is the reason for the mind (and for what people call "consciousness").

I would say that the mind is a result of the universe.

I would also say that consciousness is not understood so everything either of us say is speculation on this subject.

I believe that the web of consciousness is a product of the mind and that we are the spider that creates the web, not the brain i think thats an interface for the experience.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

I agree, I think recently scientists have actually found proof that your conciousness CAN leave your body.

There was a thread about it on here yesterday.

This would certainly imply there is a lot more to the mind than chemicals and chunks of flesh.

EDIT: Found it
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 11-1-2014 by iRoyalty because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by iRoyalty

Everyday theories like mine acquire validation and its getting more and more into esoteric occult and the realm of us as the co-creators.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Consciousness from a scientific standpoint is simply self awareness. So the same thing would happen as when we took it to the moon. People would experience the trip, landing, etc and write about it.

Consciousness from a New Age psuedo-religious belief system is not limited to time nor space due to non-locality so our consciousness is ALREADY on Mars every time we think of it.

Good enough answer?
edit on 11-1-2014 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by JadeStar

Nice Jade! LOL.

Isn't the non locality scientific?

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Goedhardt
So, I'm really interested in the Mars One projects and others alike.
I've been looking to get educated on the basics of quantem physics.

So my question to ats'ers who know more about this than me:

What will happen if we bring conciousness to (ie) mars?
The ways things work change in quantem physics, if we bring conciousness to it. So thats why I'm wonderring, if it can change mars if we go over there?

It kept me awake for some nights now, so please help

edit on 17-05-1983 by Goedhardt because: Becouse i want to...

the same would happen if we bring feelings to the Mars, or greed...
all the same... feelings, conciousness, hunger, greed are just terms we describe something
you can not take it and transport it somewhere !

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   

onequestion

Nice Jade! LOL.

For quantum particles/events yes.

Where the new agers go wrong is the assumption that what they call consciousness is made up of quantum particles and that such particles could carry information faster than the speed of light (which we know they can not).

One might as well say consciousness is made up of green cheese. That would be just as scientific.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   

JadeStar

onequestion

Nice Jade! LOL.

For quantum particles/events yes.

Where the new agers go wrong is the assumption that what they call consciousness is made up of quantum particles and that such particles could carry information faster than the speed of light (which we know they can not).

One might as well say consciousness is made up of green cheese. That would be just as scientific.

Personally 1 would associate it with the strings connecting the particles from transmitter to receiver...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join