It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What will happen if we bring conciousness to space?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Ophiuchus 13

JadeStar

onequestion
reply to post by JadeStar

Nice Jade! LOL.

Isn't the non locality scientific?

For quantum particles/events yes.

Where the new agers go wrong is the assumption that what they call consciousness is made up of quantum particles and that such particles could carry information faster than the speed of light (which we know they can not).

One might as well say consciousness is made up of green cheese. That would be just as scientific.

edit on 11-1-2014 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

Personally 1 would associate it with the strings connecting the particles from transmitter to receiver...

Which makes no sense at all of course.

In quantum teleportation there is no transmitter nor receiver in the sense that most people think of them.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   

JadeStar

Ophiuchus 13

JadeStar

onequestion

Nice Jade! LOL.

Where the new agers go wrong is the assumption that what they call consciousness is made up of quantum particles and that such particles could carry information faster than the speed of light (which we know they can not).

One might as well say consciousness is made up of green cheese. That would be just as scientific.

Personally 1 would associate it with the strings connecting the particles from transmitter to receiver...

In quantum teleportation there is no transmitter nor receiver in the sense that most people think of them.

...it's just an equation that could be wrong

well. not quite, the equation is not wrong, what we think we know from this equation is wrong
edit on 11-1-2014 by KrzYma because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Hmmmm. Interesting.

I relate consciousness more closely with wave particle duality, where consciousness is the wave.

How does that relate?

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Goedhardt
So, I'm really interested in the Mars One projects and others alike.
I've been looking to get educated on the basics of quantem physics.

Quantum physics and consciousness appear to be two different things.

One is observable. The other is subject to conjecture and is mostly philosophical.

Which one are you interested in? I know of some very good beginner books on quantum physics.

By the way, you may get an answer to your question. A former Apollo scientist who is into new age, metaphysical ideas just made the next round of Mars One cuts.

JimOberg
He's on the latest whittled-down list of 1000 candidates.

We know him from such stories as

At the smithsonian
www.youtube.com...
Ken Johnston at the Smithsonian (1 of 2)

Fired NASA Employee Talks About A Crater On The Moon
www.youtube.com...

Here's his CV as written on the Mars program page
applicants.mars-one.com...

SELF INTRODUCTION
I was one of the first 4 Civilian Astronaut Pilots for Apollo Program. I logged over 3,000 hours as a space craft pilot and helped train the Astronauts how to fly the LM. I hold two BS degrees and two Doctorates. I am currently a Major in the Civil Air Patrol, plus 35 years in the Boy Scouts. I have trained pilots from all over the world and I like everyone no matter what their race religion creed or color. I build teams and am a team player and goal oriented. Lets go to MARS!
INTERESTS
I love working with people and challenges. I have done'0-G' and water training at NASA. I love Astronomy, geology, psychology, biology, archeology, camping and adventures. I like developing teams to accomplish goals. Metaphysics and science are my forte. I am what would be called a nexus.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   

onequestion

Hmmmm. Interesting.

I relate consciousness more closely with wave particle duality, where consciousness is the wave.

How does that relate?

If that were the case it would easily be testable. Since it hasn't been proven out, it's likely not the case.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   

KrzYma

JadeStar

Ophiuchus 13

JadeStar

onequestion

Nice Jade! LOL.

well. not quite, the equation is not wrong, what we think we know from this equation is wrong

And you, without any equations know this how?

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   

To clarify my perspective JadeStar. From point of being the transmitter of energy thought-touch etc. to say MARS you are connected with the material between you and MARS that may not be picked up in your visual senses but some of it you breath when zoomed in further with a microscope air.

More attributes and interactions may be related to this material in which part you don't see but breath and exist within associated with your bodies emitting electromagnetic field and other electromagnetic fields related to planets like MARS.

Add in the thought process and the physical properties of it considering neuro discharges also affecting your e fields perception or awareness ability when say astral traveling to MARS, and still yet this may be another section with attributes of the material 1 is sharing connecting you to MARS. When I say strings im kind of reflecting on some of the string theory data presented from EA*RTH and so ALL* connected.
edit on 1/11/14 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Can it be related too symbolically?

How do you understand consciousness from a mathematical or scientific perspective?

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

How else could we perceive mars without being connected to it?

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   

JadeStar

KrzYma

JadeStar

Ophiuchus 13

JadeStar

onequestion

Nice Jade! LOL.

by using my brain looking at this equations

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
To add are there any MARS Caving expeditions considered during this trip

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by KrzYma

Personal observation in my opinion which means nothing is enough for me to speculate on if you adequately apply logic and reason to it and understand the perspective with which it is presented.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   

onequestion

Indeed

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   

onequestion

what is a connection in your p.o.v. ??
the EM field that is transferring some informations to us ??

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   

KrzYma

JadeStar

KrzYma

JadeStar

Ophiuchus 13

JadeStar

onequestion

Nice Jade! LOL.

You ought to publish a paper then. You might even win a prize.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   

JadeStar

KrzYma

JadeStar

KrzYma

JadeStar

Ophiuchus 13

JadeStar

onequestion

Nice Jade! LOL.

You ought to publish a paper then. You might even win a prize.

definitively NOT !
at this time it would be like in the Middle Ages to say God does not exist.
I may be not to smart but I'm not suicide

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   

KrzYma

onequestion

Primarily its from SOL, the many worshipped in the past and hidden today. Simple example w/o SOL light your physical STAR material bodies eyes would not interpret LIGHT to be able to consciously interpret your current 3D surroundings or to further attempt to discuss hypothesis it.

Wouldn't doubt other Planets Moons or charged Asteroid/Comet bodies Black Holes LGRB and Magnetars if close enough being able to effect with their em fields as well in some known or unknown way

NAMASTE*******

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Ophiuchus 13

KrzYma

onequestion

Primarily its from SOL, the many worshipped in the past and hidden today. Simple example w/o SOL light your physical STAR material bodies eyes would not interpret LIGHT to be able to consciously interpret your current 3D surroundings or to further attempt to discuss hypothesis it.

Wouldn't doubt other Planets Moons or charged Asteroid/Comet bodies Black Holes LGRB and Magnetars if close enough being able to effect with their em fields as well in some known or unknown way

NAMASTE*******

WHAT ???

I'm talking about the light we see that comes from stellar objects, in this case the Mars.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   

KrzYma

WHAT ???

I'm talking about the light we see that comes from stellar objects, in this case the Mars.

Please clarify what you are asking if 1 has not answered you KrzYma.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   

OH.. I see the mistake...
I was asking ONEQUESTION what he means saying we are connected to Mars

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join