It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have You Had a Mythical Beast Encounter?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by virraszto

*GULP*!!
Whoa!!
Very interesting story, indeed!

And the synchronicity of you coming across that article now is really uncanny too!

Thanks for sharing.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   

agnisvaha

That was almost prophetic?

I think I had a sighting too~!

Not sure what you mean here. Sarcasm?

Prophetic? I have not foreseen the future i told of an event that happened in the past.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Bumpity, Bump, Bump!!

Any new members out there that have had a mystical beast encounter, or know someone who did?

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   

SgtKeroro

agnisvaha

That was almost prophetic?

I think I had a sighting too~!

Not sure what you mean here. Sarcasm?

Prophetic? I have not foreseen the future i told of an event that happened in the past.

You had to see it to believe it.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by therainmaker

Cheers for the share. In regard to what you saw, i would have to say, being that it was a military base, a 'cloaked' or 'stealthed' soldier.I've encountered them myself ( a narrative i do not wish to tell), as well as there being video footage to something similar from Iraq on youtube. They're basically stationary lookouts, hence the light kit, although the n*s*a have been known to have their wet work crews dressed as such. Nothing really to fear, other than forewarned is forearmed

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
My husband saw something very strange when he was a child. He was around the age of 8-9 and to give you a little bit of background---we live in a very rural area of Western Maryland. In the mountains and trees basically. He's an avid hunter and knows all the different animals around our area. Anyway, he was at a church gathering and was outside in the church cemetery. The other kids were all further away from him and didn't see what he saw that night. The cemetery has gigantically tall pine trees in it--I've been there myself---and he said all of a sudden he heard a crashing noise and was startled to see this big "thing" drop down out of the tree onto the ground not too far away from him. He said that it was tall, tall enough to bound over the wire fencing next to the cemetery with no problem. It was dark outside but he said that there was a full moon and that it illuminated this thing pretty well. He was so scared that he doesn't remember a lot of detail about the face, but he said that the eyes were glowing, and that he did lock eyes with it for a split second.

The oddest thing he described were the legs. That is the main thing he remembers and stresses. He said that the thigh part was really short and bent at a backwards angle, the calf part was much longer and bent at the opposite angle. He watched it for a moment as it went over the wire fencing. He said that it was really strange because it ran through the field in a zig zagging motion on two legs. He is adamant about what he saw not being anything that is known. He is actually kind of skeptical about cryptozoology and laughs at my interest in bigfoot and such. That's what makes his story so compelling to me. The fact that he doesn't believe much in weird creatures.

I've searched around to see what it could have possibly been. I guess the year would have been 1980 btw. I thought maybe it was like the Jersey Devil in appearance although I'm pretty sure he said he didn't notice wings. It was dark in color. I do remember that. Very odd. I should see if he'd draw me a picture of it. He ran inside the church and told the adults, who I'm sure didn't believe him. lol He was so terrified he refused to go back there for a long time and never went back in the cemetery by himself. I know a lot of people blame sandhill cranes on mothman/jd sightings. They are extremely uncommon in our county though and like I said, he knows all the animals in the area. It wasn't a bird or a bear. Just thought I'd share. I've been reading through all the postings and have really enjoyed them.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: proloz

Thank you for posting your husband's sighting, Proloz. Yes, if he could draw a sketch, it would be great!
That would terrify anyone, I would think!

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I was talking to him about it last night and then he couldn't fall asleep because he kept thinking of it. lol I told him I'd posted his story and wanted him to draw a pic. Maybe tonight I'll get him to do that. He said that it didn't have wings, and that it had really huge feet. He told me that it ran with above normal speed too. I can't help but wonder what the heck it was. Crpytozoology really intrigues me. I honestly thing that some things, such as the Mothman, were/are escaped aliens. It's very naive to think that we'd be the only life in the universe.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: proloz

Oh Good!! I look forward to seeing the pic!

Yeah, I think some are probably aliens, and others could be scientists doing hybrid experiments on different species of life here.
The 'Melonheads' that was shown on Monsters and Mysteries in America was an experiment gone bad that a scientist had done in his basement years ago using orphaned children. How sad!!

I'll be looking for your post tonight.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   
While I've had some crazy experiences, I have not been privy to a beast-like sighting but wanted to share an experience told to me by uncle.

I'm originally from a small town in the Appalachian Mountains, so there's a lot of unexplored areas and " hollers " that probably hold great secrets! My uncle spends a lot of time outdoors and camps just about every weekend. One night, according to him, he was camping around Big Stone Gap, Virginia when he heard a loud sound in the woods behind him that remined him of a person running full-out, just barreling through the trees. My uncle isn't normally a person easily frightened but he said that just from the sound he had shivers run down his spine because he could hear the footfalls and heavy breathing. He was camping next to a river and sometime later, he heard rocks being thrown into the water not far from his tent. He said this went on for hours but he couldn't see who or what was throwing the rocks. The next night he came back from fishing and found that his cooler had been ripped open and someone or something had eaten all the food and wrappers were strewn all around the tent.

Don't know what it was, but I remember it scared the crap outta me as a kid!

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Malraux

Growing up in the foothills of the Appalachians, I can totally relate to this! All kinds of weird things in those woods!

My guess is he heard a Big Foot. They will throw things at 'intruders' who come into their space. And that scream they make is down right blood chilling!! I've heard them too!!

Thank you for sharing this. I'm happy he made it out of there alive!

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I had an encounter two hours ago while taking a walk on my dirt road. I was about a mile from my house and I was looking at the ground because the road is washed out from recent rain and walking it is kinda treacherous. When I looked up there was a brownish white deer like thing about 90 feet ahead of me. It was most definitely under a foot tall, it's legs were straight and thinned out near the tip like needles. The moment I seen it my stomach hurt like I had food poisoning. It was walking in the same direction as me and looked back a few times at me. About 20 seconds into this encounter it turned and walked into the woods. The very second it left my field of vision my stomach stopped aching. I ran up to where it went into the wood and didn't hear or see anything. I live in Missouri and have never seen anything like this before. If anyone has seem something like this before please let me know.
edit on 11-6-2014 by moonsnow67 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: moonsnow67

That sounds different! Is there any way you could draw a picture, so we'll have a better idea of what it looked like?

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: sled735
I'm terrible at drawing. My deer drawing literally looks like a duck. Um I will search the Internet for something kinda like it.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   

www.digital-anarchy.com... Like this size and shape only get rid of the horns, make it brownish white , and get rid of the crooked back legs.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Here is my experience in regards to a "Mythical Beast" sighting. My sister, who was in the car with me at the same time also saw it.

This Event took place during the 90's in Courtenay, British Columbia, Canada.

So I'm around 5-6 years old, and my sister and I are waiting in the parking lot in the vehicle while one of the parents (I don't remember whether it was mum or dad) went into a building of the local recreation centre, to sign me up for soccer. The other parent was standing outside the vehicle my sis and I were in. The area has a very large field, of which our car was facing. In the distance was the river and the forest.

I looked out the car window facing the trees and saw something amazing. It appeared to be a massive peafowl-type bird, but with bright orange plumage which had a sort of iridescence to it that caused it to look a light purple at certain angles. It had a long tail, more like a pheasants mixed with a peacock, in terms of appearance, but it was all orange. Aside from the colour of the bird, what struck me most was the sheer size of it, it had to be the size of a small plane flying above the tree line into the distance. As it flapped its wings, it's tail also moved in a flapping/jerking motion.

I pointed out the enormous bird (which was flying in the direction of Mt.Washington) to my younger sister whom also saw it, and we both watched in awe until the bird flew out of sight. My sister and I both believe we saw a Phoenix that day, and we refer to it as a Phoenix based on how it looked. It may have even been a Thunderbird of Native American Mythos.

There really wasn't any way for my sister and I to know if anyone else saw this bird, but we both saw it for sure, and still remember the sighting to this day.

Even so, I just wanted to share my experience with you guys.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Saw a big bird flying in the mist that shouldn't exist here. There is one or two large species of bird that live here, but this was a totally different one. Freaked us out in that early morning mist; it appeared and disappeared just like that.

Saw a real witch ones peering through a window curtain. No #.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 12:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Frocharocha

BUUUUUT. After like 10 meters we looked into the entrace of a garage parking and there it was. It was huge and i could say it was around 9 feet tall because it was crouched under the mechanic fence. That thing was, i can't describe how scary it looked, the moment we saw it, it looked to us. It had grey skin, no hair (i could see it's bones behind the arms, don't know what those are called), it was pale and had a pair of bat like wings atached to it's back . I didn't saw i'ts eyes, but my brother said it had red eyes and black pupils which moved like of a chamaleon.

That almost sounds like one of those Draco Reptilian ETs to me, but hey... it could be anything.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 06:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: moonsnow67

www.digital-anarchy.com... Like this size and shape only get rid of the horns, make it brownish white , and get rid of the crooked back legs.

Thank you for getting back to me.

I have no idea what that could have been, but if it made you sick, then it makes me wonder if it was something "unearthly" ?
Guess we'll never know.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join