It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Voluntary Human Extinction Movement

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Those of you familiar with the Georgia Guildstones may find this interesting. There is a group calling themselves the Voluntary Human Extinction Movement who goal is to activly reduce the human population, not in any foul or malicious way but by simply making sure no more babies are given birth to so that the ecology of the Earth is not totally ravaged by the umpteen billions of human simply consuming all the resources so that future generations may enjoy at least some content of this amazing planet.

As VHEMT Volunteers know, the hopeful alternative to the extinction of millions of species of plants and animals is the voluntary extinction of one species: Homo sapiens... us.

Each time another one of us decides to not add another one of us to the burgeoning billions already squatting on this ravaged planet, another ray of hope shines through the gloom.

When every human chooses to stop breeding, Earth’s biosphere will be allowed to return to its former glory, and all remaining creatures will be free to live, die, evolve (if they believe in evolution), and will perhaps pass away, as so many of Nature’s “experiments” have done throughout the eons.

It’s going to take all of us going.

Their motto is a reverse of Star Trek's Vulcan pharase and states 'May we live long and die out.'

Have a glance at their FAQ website VHEMT

The question I ask is ?Should more of us choose to take up the mantle that VHEMT is offering. I myself have no plans to have children and decided to end my family 'bloodline' along time ago after my grandmother and then grandfather died and I am sure my sister wont be bearing a child so thats that.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Tindalos2013

This is great! And then, when all those social programs that rely on more young people than old people collapse ... what will they say?

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   

My ex and I felt the same way. We replaced ourselves by having a son and a daughter, but no more. Although, I am more afraid for my descendents if an "Idiocracy" scenario occurs. Great movie and a little thought provoking.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   

it will not work - 1 billion 1st world citizens electing not to have children - while 3 billion 3rd wold citizens breed like rabbits - will not address population numbers

reality sucks

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   
They would only need limit each couple to one child in their lifetime, in one generation the population will be cut by half, if we did this maybe for 3-5 generations we would be in good shape. But getting everyone to comply with this is sadly impossible.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   
It's the Darwin Award in action. No other species hates itself as much as humans, who pine for a time when no humans existed. This is an excellent idea because when people who hate humans eliminate themselves from the gene pool, the less likely it is to have humans who hate themselves. Perhaps that will lead to a race of humans who actually understand that we are FROM the Earth and deserve to be here as much as any other living thing. Despite a contingent of people who delusions otherwise, we didn't come from space. Nature PRODUCED us, just like it did lions and elephants.

Yes, we need to ensure we preserve the Earth and its resources and treat the Earth in a kind manner. After all, it is our yolk sack, but it is completely unreasonable and illogical to assume we must preserve the Earth the way it was before we got here and made an impact. Left to its own devices without any species of Homo around the Earth was a pretty violent and inhospitable place. During the Age of Dinosaurs packs of raptors ran around terrorizing the rest of the population as giant sharks with thousands of teeth did the same in the ocean depths. Volcanoes decimated large areas of the Earth without regard to the sweet living plants and animals nearby. Tsunamis flooded the earth; rivers changed course and flooded every year, all of which caused great havoc on living things. Nature was "red in tooth and claw" long before we got here and will be so again in our absence.

Of course, you realize these people are not taking themselves out; they're simply not reproducing, or so they say. They are quite willing to use up resources at a Western Civilization rate, i.e.: Way more than average for humans in general, take advantage of Western medicines, burn fossil fuels, if not themselves than subtly on their behalf, and live as long as they can doing the very things they profess to hate. It's a "do as I say, not as I do" philosophy that causes themselves little grief and saves them the responsibility and expense of raising children themselves, thus their lives can be all about them as they pretend otherwise. It's a hypocritical position to take.

So for people who hate themselves and all humanity I think it is a GOOD thing they are taking themselves out of the equation. With friends like them we don't need enemies and having them gone from the population would be a very good thing for the rest of us. I applaud their position.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
The name implies that they intend for there not to be a future generation at some point. That's a little cold, isn't it? I mean, that's genocidal!
edit on 6-1-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Now don't panic, or get mad, be insulted even...

I honestly think it would be a good thing, for a lot of people to simply vanish...
I don't really care how, but at least 3 to 4 billion of us, should disappear.

Since it would not be civilized, to commit genocide, and because I'd like see that our elitist few, the people with all the money, using most of all resources, compared to the rest of the population...
O yeah...I'd like them to die first, but that's cause I don't have much respect towards them...

The best possible option would be God, coming down, acting like He did once... Causing floods, introducing death penalties for only minor sin, vaporize a few cities, some 1st born...

However since I don't actually consider that possibility, having any chance of happening.

I'd go for a few asteroid/comet strikes, causing massive tsunamis . A super volcano blowing up, creating a mini ice age in it's tracks.

At that point, all remaining people have to start over anyway, and normal natural rates of them dying from disease or getting killed, will keep the population stable for a while.

If they would form isolated populations around the globe, it would make my day.
Some day many years in the future , their accumulative mutations, will get reunited with others, enriching the human genome.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   

You realize that these guys just became the top ten most despised nemesis of every horny teenaged boy across the globe...

as for us old married types I might just bring up the site the next time my wife starts talking about wanting another baby

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

No other species hates itself as much as humans, who pine for a time when no humans existed. This is an excellent idea because when people who hate humans eliminate themselves from the gene pool, the less likely it is to have humans who hate themselves.

You could not be more wrong, although i wish they would use the word reduction not extinction.

We are people who care as much about the planet and the other life forms on it as ourselves. We don't HATE people we HATE what selfish people have done and are doing and will do.

I watch the poor in our own country the USA, reproducing and reproducing not caring about the future of the children but the check each adds to themselves. The starving in Africa and other countries, we see them watch their children starve slowly and painfully to death, and yet they are pregnant again! They want the freedom to have sex regardless of what becomes of their offspring. we are all selfish.

I could go on all day about reasons but people who think the privilege of the creature with the greatest power should do as they please to all, will never see what i am saying anyway.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

It's the Darwin Award in action. No other species hates itself as much as humans, who pine for a time when no humans existed. This is an excellent idea because when people who hate humans eliminate themselves from the gene pool, the less likely it is to have humans who hate themselves. Perhaps that will lead to a race of humans who actually understand that we are FROM the Earth and deserve to be here as much as any other living thing

I would bring to your attention one point: no other living thing has caused nearly as much harm and suffering to the Earth as the human race has. Remember the Matrix scene where Agent Smith describes us as a virus? It's an apt description. Even if we wanted to be here for as long as the Earth exists, we have by no means whatsoever earned the right to that privilege. If anything, we've earned the right to remain silent and graciously take a flaming asteroid to the face like the dinosaurs did.

edit on 6-1-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Well, they should cheer up, because we're long past the natural tipping point now, and well into an artificially induced uber-tipping point.

You've got your Fukushima poisoning the planet (1,000 billion lethal doses and counting), most of the world an armed camp thanks to the United States, and we're rapidly running low on the oil reserves that allowed the population boom and the consumption bomb to happen.

Add in the glories of capitalism and profit at any cost, the hazards of immunizations and fake and poisonous food masquerading as real food, air flight so common that a pandemic is inevitable sooner rather than later, the sun threatening to CME us, the North Koreans (or our own Pentagon, hard to tell them apart) threatening to EMP us...

hell, it's only a matter of time now.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I have been considering this issue for a long time. I have considered it in the context of New World Order, and that one line on the Georgia Guidestones is key.

There are some human beings who do have designs on literally destroying 85% of the human race. They go by many names, but all those names are deflective. The ones to 'blame' have no names and have no faces, so far as the dead and dying are concerned.

We can talk about the NWO, the Illuminati, the Freemasons, the Luciferians all day and completely miss the obvious. That is the point.

Personally, I'm torn, because it actually does seem correct that in order for the human race to continue, the herd would have to be culled. We are indeed in need of a huge population bottleneck. Not for mother Earth, she would kill us herself if she felt threatened. We need it to save ourselves.

The problem I struggle with is a Humanity that went forward with the legacy of the brutal murder of billions of it's own by active and passive means. Indiscriminate genocide, in effect. But then one day I realized that we already own this legacy - we have done this since the dawn of man. And it is natural.

I have given up on the notion that there is a difference between 'natural' and 'man-made'. We are biological organisms that have evolved on this planet, and of this planet. If we do what's best for this planet, then we do what's best for us.

The plan that is in place, the solution that has been implemented by those behind the scenes, is in full swing. In a hundred years, the oceans will have risen to a point that most of the humans on this planet will have died or been displaced. The rest, who attempt to survive without electricity, refrigeration, or access to easy water will kill themselves and each other.

When the lights go out, and after we have eaten all of our dogs and cats, we will eat each other. When the chosen resurface, it will be only a mop up job, clearing out the last remnants of old human society. Then the New World Order will begin. With only a billion of us.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   

lol the good ole VHEMT. Their old age counterpart would've been the Hemlock Society, which is presently called "Compassion & Choices". While the focus in that one is more assisted suicide for the already dying, there was a bit of an idea that taking oneself out of the equation (off the lifeboat) when one's usefulness ran out within it at the beginning. Garrett and Jean Hardin were members of it and drank hemlock in 2003. www.nytimes.com...

Both really represent the extreme end of the problem with humanity and the planet. I think it's far better to take a middle road and move towards a less consumptive and more efficient society then to go to the extremes. However, that is a matter of individual choice and honestly, I can understand why some may opt not to breed at all.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   

See just the first 5 minutes of the movie "Idiocracy" and all of this voluntary crap will be dragged into the light of day kicking and screaming.
And the world is about 50 BILLION people short of overpopulation anyway.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   

g146541

I agree. Earth could easily handle more people, were the people better stewards of themselves and their environment. Also were energy production not so cumbersome, dirty, and inefficient.

If the people only knew that the biggest secret kept from them was the existence of technology allowing unlimited free energy production and transmission - the secret that is being kept by, and for those who feel only THEY deserve it.
edit on 6-1-2014 by Mon1k3r because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   

ignorant_ape

it will not work - 1 billion 1st world citizens electing not to have children - while 3 billion 3rd wold citizens breed like rabbits - will not address population numbers

reality sucks

However you have to factor in that in the third world there is a greater risk of HIV and other nasty diseases and despite the good works of charity organizations I think at some point it will get so bad, more than it already is that whole populations will just die off, not overnight but it is bound to happen at some point, something to do with entropy in condensed population and weak genetics.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Mon1k3r

g146541

I agree. Earth could easily handle more people, were the people better stewards of themselves and their environment. Also were energy production not so cumbersome, dirty, and inefficient.

edit on 6-1-2014 by Mon1k3r because: (no reason given)

I like your point that people need to be better stewards, redirect their minds from over doing self gratification and focus on a more wise and mindful way of living. The world is turning fast so to speak, all the sparkly tech that surrounds us is making us forget we too are just mere organisms. Reminds me the cene in LOTR when the trees people are deciding how to act against the threat and one of the hobbits reminds them they are part of nature as well and failing to do the right thing because it seems trivial will no doubt seal their doom.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   

That was nature's plan, too. Meteor to kill the dinosaurs, thing after thing thrown at life, but to quote Jurassic Park, "life finds a way". Whenever something reduces the population of some animals, the few with the traits needed to survive and breed even with that thing are the ones who will reproduce, and out of whom the population will be regrown. So any measure that's taken to reduce population, the people who are most resistant to it are the ones who will fill the earth with their offspring, making sure such a measure can't be taken again.

So while yes, the current population growth can't last forever, methods to curb it must be really totalitarian in nature as to get around this fact. That's why the sad truth is its probably better to let nature curb our population in whatever way its going to.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

I was watching that film a few weeks ago, well the first 30 minutes. It was not as I expected it to be, I thought it would be a film of a more serious tone than it is.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join