It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dennis Rodman and ex-NBA Players to celebrate Kim Jong Uns Birthday

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 06:36 AM
link   

PYONGYANG, North Korea -- Dennis Rodman and a team of former National Basketball Association players arrived in North Korea on Monday for a game he says will be a "birthday present" for one of their most unlikely fans: leader Kim Jong Un.
Rodman's squad -- featuring ex-All Stars Kenny Anderson, Cliff Robinson and Vin Baker -- will play against a team of North Koreans on Wednesday, which is believed to be Kim's birthday. The former NBA players also include Eric "Sleepy" Floyd, guard Doug Christie and Charles D. Smith, who played for the New York Knicks. Four streetballers are also on the squad.

Dennis Rodman and ex-NBA Players to celebrate Kim Jong Uns Birthday

When asked why he goes there, Rodman says:

the reason for me to go is to bring peace to the world, that's it

He has just recently said:

I love my friend Kim Jong Un

The question is whether Rodman is oblivious to this regimes crimes against humanity that include mass starving their populace, mass executions of dissidents, and total information deprivation, hideous mass labor camps and threats of nuclear attack and most recently possibly the execution of Kim Jongs Uncle by feeding him and his staff to hungry dogs or whether Rodman thinks this is really going to bring peace between the nations. Should Kim Jong Un be supported in this way? Even the Communist International are starting to turn away from him, as the recent critical news from Bejing shows...and yet Dennis Rodman and his NBA pals are still supporting them? And its not like the populace benefits. This is for the leaders birthday, to make him look good, not to benefit the populace that is cut off from the world, from the internet and from proper food supplies.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   
No one in their right minds would be a friend to this young monster nut!!!

Rod probably works for the CIA and is feeding them everything.

After all only spies travel to NK.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Yeah............................

It like being freinds with hitler.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

I thought Rodman might be a spy.
One of the more bizarre happenings in the world.

He should get the Harlem Globetrotters for Jong's bday and do it up right.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Rodmans a loon anyways, if he likes it over there so much with his buddy maybe he will stay. I wonder how he is with hounds, bet NK dogs would love him to death.

+11 more 
posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 07:17 AM
link   

I do not believe that Mr Rodman, or indeed the rest of the former NBA stars traveling to North Korea, are ignorant of what happens there, since the sketchy details of what has happened there over the last few decades, are pretty damning, and have been all over the news for many years.

I would say that the safest assumption is that Mr Rodman is trying to establish some sort of common ground with Kim Jong Un, in an effort to remind him that the rest of the world is not entirely peopled by people who would kill him for a chocolate bar. Paranoia is one of the most prevalent family traits in the leader line of that nation, so its actually quite a decent path to take.

And at least he is trying something. To my mind, the international stance on North Korea is perhaps the most schizophrenic I have ever seen. The fear with which many nations regard North Korea, would have seen any other nation invaded several times over, and pacified with an extreme prejudice that would have made the War on Terror look like a hand bag fight in a god damned bridal shop. But the only response that we have seen is stern words, and regular joint excersize drills between US and South Korean troops. All the while, the horrors inflicted upon the people of North Korea go on unabated.

Mr Rodman is trying, I believe, to remind Kim Jong Un, that having friends, real friends, who genuinely want to know you for your own merits, is necessary to living a happy and healthy life. Its a damned good lesson to teach, especially to a man who, throughout the majority of his life, has been befriended by people who thought it was a good way to avoid becoming dead.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Rodman better be careful at the birthday bash.
If his buddy gets too drunk he may just order Rodman to be fed to the starving dogs.

+8 more 
posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   

The only thing I can offer is some quotes on diplomacy.

"Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock."
-Will Rogers

"Diplomacy, n. is the art of letting somebody else have your way."
-David Frost

To heck with that. What Rodman is doing is not diplomacy. He's insulting diplomats. He's insulting the starving people of North Korea. He's insulting the soldiers who stand watch over that brutal regime.

He's an ass who is pandering to a despot for a few minutes of glory because he can't fit into that stupid wedding dress he wore so many years ago.

Hell, the starving dogs probably wouldn't eat him since he's full of "it" anyways!

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Wow that is a little bit disturbing. I wonder if they have a secondary agenda at hand.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Yet no one complains when "stars" party with the likes of world leaders drone striking weddings and funerals. *eyes rolling*

Who gives a #?

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Notice no stars for this guy?

I wonder why that is?????? eh?

Because his political view is not the same as ALL SMASH NK?

reply to post by beezzer

Point proven..

I am sure you can say the US is straight and legit right? They would never kill unarmed people would they? or kill thier own people?

Comparatively on this song from Megadeth.. Where would you rate the NK Governement to the US Governement?

And when you kill a man, you're a murderer
Kill many, and you're a conqueror
Kill them all ... Ooh ... Oh you're a God!
edit on 1/6/2014 by ThichHeaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Rosinitiate

Yet no one complains when "stars" party with the likes of world leaders drone striking weddings and funerals. *eyes rolling*

Who gives a #?

What you are saying here is that american politicians are on a similar magnitude of evil to NK politicians who let their own blood relatives be devoured by dogs if they disagree with them and who shoot anyone who tries to leave the country.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   

No they are way way worse than NK, just ask any country that isnt white..

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   

The only thing Rodmen's troop is missing is Jane Fonda, now that would be a well rounded band of KIM bootlickers.

Maybe she could jump out of a cake.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Skyfloating

Rosinitiate

Who gives a #?

What you are saying here is that american politicians are on a similar magnitude of evil to NK politicians who let their own blood relatives be devoured by dogs if they disagree with them and who shoot anyone who tries to leave the country.

Guatemala syphilis experiment

Agent orange, mustard gas testing on soldiers

Mind control/child abuse -MK ULTRA

Deadly chemicals sprayed on cities, ex: whooping cough virus in Tampa Bay

Secret human experiments to test effects of atomic bomb

Need I go on?

I'm not condoning his actions, personally I wouldn't be caught dead with the man but we need to take a long hard look at ourselves before we start condemning others.

edit on 6-1-2014 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-1-2014 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Rosinitiate
Need I go on?

Go on if you like.

Would you say it makes no difference whether you move to NK or live in the U.S.?

Or that the U.S. past mistakes justify what NK does to its OWN people?

Or that Dennis Rodmans support is well chosen (of all the possible causes a "star" can support)?

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   

ItCameFromOuterSpace

I thought Rodman might be a spy.

He might.

But it was Kim Jong Un who requested Rodman because Kim was a Chicago Bulls fan in his swiss Boarding School days.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   

When asked why he goes there, Rodman says:

the reason for me to go is to bring peace to the world, that's it

Aren't they under the impression that he's president Obama over there?

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   

I think its silly and irrelevant. Denis Rodman doesn't speak or represent me. He isn't an elected official. He is simply a washed up NBA player and failed actor, nothing more. What he does with his free time is of no consequence to me and to me is non-news.

NK isn't this issue with this world. There are bigger fish to fry. Of course I don't condone the actions of their countries leaders but I don't see much difference between NK and US. Just because we don't feed people to dogs doesn't give us the high road. We have one of the highest, if not the highest prison inmate population in the world. Homelessness and lack of health care is also a big concern. Yet our government would rather dump 6 billion annually to Israel for defense spending then to throw our broke and destitute a bone. Who's the real monster here?

The only thing we export is weapons and death,yet we're the good guys. Whatever.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Rodman is a terrorist to me now.
hookin up with a nut bag like Lil kim makes him
equally nutty and very suspicious.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join