It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dennis Rodman and ex-NBA Players to celebrate Kim Jong Uns Birthday

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

How do you feel about the human rights in Bahrain or even Saudi Arabia both allies. We have people visiting them and partying it up and no one says anything. It's called being hypocritical, we berate one nation while patting the back of another brutal regime. Couldn't be more two faced.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Rosinitiate

Bahrain, Saudi and the U.S. are not in the same evil-league as NK. I judge that by the way the majority of their citizens are treated. Most experts and researchers agree that NK has the worst human rights record in the world.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Skyfloating

Bahrain, Saudi and the U.S. are not in the same evil-league as NK. I judge that by the way the majority of their citizens are treated. Most experts and researchers agree that NK has the worst human rights record in the world.

So separate male from female. Look at how women are treated in these places.

So being stoned to death because you were raped is not the equivalent of being fed to wild dogs......ok.

I would imagine getting stoned to death would take longer therefore more painful than being eaten by vicious dogs but that's just me.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Rosinitiate

So separate male from female. Look at how women are treated in these places.

So being stoned to death because you were raped is not the equivalent of being fed to wild dogs......ok.

I would imagine getting stoned to death would take longer therefore more painful than being eaten by vicious dogs but that's just me.

Im not saying Saudi Arabia is paradise, Im talking about Magnitudes. In the case of NK, its the Regime itself and the leader himself, whereas in Saudi Arabia, its certain fantastical factions that would endorse stoning a raped woman, certainly not the majority.

edit on 6-1-2014 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Come to think of it...Saudi is a model far-right regime, NK is a model far-left regime.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Hopefully someone let Dennis know that the American team will be defeated by the NKers.

Unless Kim suits up and joins Dennis' squad...

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   
You're splitting hairs and don't seem to recognize the extent of women's rights abuse in those areas. You don't want to marry me, fine, ill dump acid on you.

Everything in context, so because you believe NK is the worst state makes them the only nation we should be critical on?

So at what point is human rights abuses acceptable so that way I know going forward?

This story and your argument is making a mountain out of a mole hill. Rodman's official position is he wants to heal the world and chose this as his path. Whether or not this is true is irrelevant. Worse case scenario he pisses off Kim Jung UN and is himself fed to wild dogs right?

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Skyfloating

Come to think of it...Saudi is a model far-right regime, NK is a model far-left regime.

My point was more Bahrain but added Saudi Arabia because people are more familiar.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Rosinitiate
You're splitting hairs and don't seem to recognize the extent of women's rights abuse in those areas. You don't want to marry me, fine, ill dump acid on you.

The regime of Saudi Arabia does not endorse pouring acid in womens faces. I dont mean to defend Saudi Arabia, because I am not particularly fond of the country...but lets prefer facts to propaganda?

Everything in context, so because you believe NK is the worst state makes them the only nation we should be critical on?

This thread happens to be about NK. That doesnt mean I think one should only be critical of the NK.

Do I have to list every country I am critical of before I make a thread on a country?

So at what point is human rights abuses acceptable so that way I know going forward?

HR abuses are never acceptable to me.

This story and your argument is making a mountain out of a mole hill. Rodman's official position is he wants to heal the world and chose this as his path. Whether or not this is true is irrelevant. Worse case scenario he pisses off Kim Jung UN and is himself fed to wild dogs right?

The story may be irrelevant to you (you seem to want to discuss the evils of the U.S. and Saudi Arabia instead), but its not irrelevant to me because all these NBA players doing party with Kim Jong Un makes light of a hideous tyrant. These NBA players are who influence youth the most, not politicians.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   

TrueBrit

Mr Rodman is trying, I believe, to remind Kim Jong Un, that having friends, real friends, who genuinely want to know you for your own merits, is necessary to living a happy and healthy life. Its a damned good lesson to teach, especially to a man who, throughout the majority of his life, has been befriended by people who thought it was a good way to avoid becoming dead.

Maybe so. Maybe Rodman will be remembered by Historians as the man who saved us from WWIII. I somehow doubt it, but you never know.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Actually that's not what I'm saying at all. I'm not trying to be critical to any particular nation. You stated that the human rights violations are not on the same level of magnitude. I think people in those nations might beg to differ.

Either way I enjoyed the argument and do not mean to come across as judgmental to you. I'm not judging you in any way, I just disagree with your logic in this argument.
edit on 6-1-2014 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I wonder how much we hear about NK is propoganda ?

The US and its allies couldn't conquer NK by force, so now they use dirty tricks to turn the world against it.

Don't forget the outside world are at least adding if not totally creating problems within NK with crippling sanctions, We have made its leaders paranoid of conquest from within that they keep themselves isolated.

AS said there are other countries that are just as bad....But without the sanctions imposed, because they are our allies.

After Iraq, Libya and Syria etc etc I no longer think of ourselves as the good guys.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   

ken10

The US and its allies couldn't conquer NK by force, so now they use dirty tricks to turn the world against it.

Don't forget the outside world are at least adding if not totally creating problems within NK with crippling sanctions, We have made its leaders paranoid of conquest from within that they keep themselves isolated.

AS said there are other countries that are just as bad....But without the sanctions imposed, because they are our allies.

After Iraq, Libya and Syria etc etc I no longer think of ourselves as the good guys.

There is propaganda in all things politics but rest assured they are no angels.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   
No one suspected Julia Child of being CIA (or OSS before it became CIA)

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Rodman never has had a full deck to play with.

The fact that he just 'loves' lil' kim speaks volumes to his character.

Birds of a feather, and all......

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   

ken10

Could you please name a country, any country, that isn't corrupt?

Or one that has the best interest of humanity in mind?

Or one that is a true representation of the peoples' hearts and minds?

Just one teeny-tiny little example?

A good percentage of Americans still have hearts the size of Texas, no matter how corrupt our governance is.

edit on 1u1111America/Chicago311 by nugget1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10000001111America/Chicago311 by nugget1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I hope him and his pals get fed to the dogs..

I guess rodman and company missed that memo..

These guys should be tried for treason more so then snowden!!

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Regardless if he goes or not, what the Il regime has done cannot be reveresed.

Let's see what he can say/do.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Lil Drummerboy
Rodman is a terrorist to me now.

Do you even know what a terrorist is?

A idiot yes

A traiter maybe

A CIA asset most likley

But a terrorist? No

I guess the the new Idiot American word to describe something thats bad even though it has nothing related to that word like how communism is used .

Hell actually Rodman is probably more a communist than a terrorist

edit on 6-1-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   

crazyewok

I guess the the new Idiot American word to describe something thats bad even though it has nothing related to that word like how communism is used .

Hell actually Rodman is probably more a communist than a terrorist

edit on 6-1-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

Despite its tone being contempt-for-Americans, this is very funnily put.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join