It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama is awesome, Gobal warming exists, taxes are patriotic, guns are bad.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Busy night!

Thanks for all the replies, positive and negative.

Yes, I did whack a hornets nest again. But my reasoning for this is simple.

What is the goal of any political ideology? To enact change.

What will that change look like?

For progressives, the concept of a "European" north America seems to be the defining illustration.

Time and time again, in countless threads, the examples of European nations seems to define the progressive movement.

Unfortunately, the US Constitution, the Bill of Rights, appears to be a roadblock to enact the sort of change progressives envision.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by sageturkey

for puppies yes, but pants and underwear at human age 4

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   

beezzer
I'm trying to imagine a progressive paradise.

Obama is awesome. He stays president forever (because he is so dreamy and so awesome!)

Global warming exists and we need to do something about it! Carbon credits, higher taxes, higher energy bills.

Taxes are patriotic! They help the economy! Taxestaxestaxes! Higher taxes for everyone! (Except the poor)

Guns are bad. Guns kill people. Guns cause brain damage and make yew talk with a southern accent. Get rid of all the guns!

DONE!

Okay!

So we have a forever president, higher utility costs, higher taxes, and no guns.

What does America look like?

Beezer!!!!!!!

Report to the Czar of Press and Communications and then our Regent for further punishment......

How dare you try and overthrow Neno...... that's like blasphemy.. we Czars need our positions here on ATS and we will fight your progressive agenda with everything we have in our arsenals...

Or are you talking about off ATS? IN that case go ahead it's gotta be better than what we have now.. Carry on little rabbit...

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

Humble apologies.

I would never dare usurp the powers that be.

*bows deeply and backs out of the room*

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

punishing a bunny with communism. enthusiastic to say the least

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   

rockoperawriter
reply to post by vkey08

punishing a bunny with communism. enthusiastic to say the least

Beezer was part of the experiment we had here on ATS a few years ago where a Regent was elected. Was a lot of fun, and Beez knows from where my comment originated

I would never hurt the Beez....

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

i was just pullling your chain. had no idea what was happening

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Wow, one and he has no reasons for it. Sounds a lot like the few people in the US that still wish slavery was legal. Statistically that one is 0. You get that, right?

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by rockoperawriter

She chose to be gay? Please feel free to prove that. Did you choose which gender excites you? Can you choose otherwise if you wanted? I sure can't.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   

What freedoms are lost in the climate change debate? the freedom to pollute? Whether you believe in man made GW or not, how do you advocate polluting our planet? Do you not care about the future? our children? their children?

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

Really, Global warming exist, not from where I live considering we had our last snow fall in 2013 2 May 2013 of 14 inches had only two weeks of summer and winter started all over again in Mid October, we had some of the coldest temps in years, its not global warming its someone trying to make a buck, its just the cycle of the earth that we are going through.

Its freaking COOL out for the last 6 weeks, and we are used to the cold

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Buttonlip

What freedoms are lost in the climate change debate? the freedom to pollute? Whether you believe in man made GW or not, how do you advocate polluting our planet? Do you not care about the future? our children? their children?

I knew I shouldn't have commented on both subjects in the same breath, I was only inviting an argument which I don't care to debate. You're right ButtonLip, no freedoms are lost in the climate change debate (unless you're talking about Carbon Credits). The two subjects are unrelated.
As for polluting? Pollution bad! Wind and Solar good!
Loss of freedom bad!

Regards
edit on 5-1-2014 by sageturkey because: Add

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Then sooooo not sure what you were getting at. Please feel free to explain. I am open. I am here to learn and explore, not just to argue.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Buttonlip

Then sooooo not sure what you were getting at. Please feel free to explain. I am open. I am here to learn and explore, not just to argue.

OK, that's an easy one. In my opinion, the global warming debate is not a 'progressive' idea. But, since it was brought up I thought I'd voice my opinion on that subject.
My concerns are more focused on what I feel IS progressive thought such as taxation, gun confiscation, the nanny state, etc... Hence, I commented on that as well.
Although, some have brought up good points and questions as to whether or not those items even constitute 'progressive' idealism. Maybe they don't. Maybe I shouldn't have commented in this thread at all. Maybe I should have voiced my opinions in the Posse Comitatus thread, because the idea of a 'Wyoming boy' being able to rationally discuss ideology with a 'California Boy' would be like trying to lick the sand off of sandpaper. Different worlds...
Now you'll have to excuse me, I'm in the process of bottling Mountain Chokecherry which has been delicately aging for 2 years now. That's really where my thoughts are at the moment, I didn't come here to try and enlighten anyone with my prairie wisdom.

Have a nice day, hope you get the debate (or learning) that you're after. I'm sure you'll find someone that will bite.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
CUE THE MUSIC:

Welcome to Progressive Land!

Smoking is strictly forbidden.

Healthcare is free - as long as you don't drink alcohol or soda, consume elicit drugs, eat red meat, salt, or trans-fatty foods.

Libraries will be purged of all books that are not P.C. - goodbye Twain you racist bastard, no more Hemmingway (he's a misogynist), Hunter Thompson - I don't think so, Shakespeare? He's too dirty. But not to worry folks, there will be Twilight and Harry Potter for all!

Sporting events are allowed as long as no one gets hurt, and there are no winners. We don't want anyone's feelings to get hurt. Everyone's a winner!

Don't forget your mandatory mental health screening, that way your loving government can determine the correct cocktail of drugs to ensure happiness in your eco-friendly hovel where local authorities closely regulate and monitor power and water usage.

The food sucks, but at least its healthy and no animals were harmed in the process.

Religion is strictly forbidden: unless your Jewish, Muslim, Buddhist, Wiccan, or any other theology whose messiah's initials are not J.C.

Cars exist, but gas is cost prohibitive so we all rely on high speed trains, that aren't high speed at all because they're still incorporated with existing rail lines. But hey! We call them high speed trains, so we got that going for us.

The backwards rednecks and hillbillies will be eradicated when all citizens are relocated to major metropolitan centers. Can't have anyone being self-sufficient.

Masculinity is strictly forbidden, unless you're a woman.

Schools are pretty much the same, the progressives have already won that battle.

Enjoy!

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I am a democrat and I guess that makes me a liberal, progressive.

I want the working class to come back with good jobs and strong unions again.

I want single payer health care system.

I want all wars and Homeland Security and Gitmo, done with.

I want my tax money spent HERE on the veterans, poor, disabled, old, education, infrastructure and for all of us to work hard to pay our nation's bills.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Hmmmm.....maybe I was wrong about you Beezzer.

Anyway...I would also like my inoculations for anything and everything on like a monthly basis. And I would like to be chastised for not getting them or giving them to my kids and would like to be banned from all public places if I am not current.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Buttonlip

chose to be gay? no just just fell in love

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   

rockoperawriter
reply to post by Buttonlip

chose to be gay? no just just fell in love

Did you actually read my post? I never said anyone chose to be gay, in fact I challenged the very notion of it.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   

sageturkey
OK, that's an easy one. In my opinion, the global warming debate is not a 'progressive' idea. But, since it was brought up I thought I'd voice my opinion on that subject.
My concerns are more focused on what I feel IS progressive thought such as taxation, gun confiscation, the nanny state, etc... Hence, I commented on that as well.

None of those apply to what I responded to nor what I wrote.

Although, some have brought up good points and questions as to whether or not those items even constitute 'progressive' idealism. Maybe they don't. Maybe I shouldn't have commented in this thread at all. Maybe I should have voiced my opinions in the Posse Comitatus thread, because the idea of a 'Wyoming boy' being able to rationally discuss ideology with a 'California Boy' would be like trying to lick the sand off of sandpaper. Different worlds...
Now you'll have to excuse me, I'm in the process of bottling Mountain Chokecherry which has been delicately aging for 2 years now. That's really where my thoughts are at the moment, I didn't come here to try and enlighten anyone with my prairie wisdom.

Not sure what your hobby and personal life has to do with jacksheet.

Have a nice day, hope you get the debate (or learning) that you're after. I'm sure you'll find someone that will bite.

I asked for someone to enlighten me while you responded with what you are too busy at home doing to respond. Odd.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join