It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama is awesome, Gobal warming exists, taxes are patriotic, guns are bad.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan

beezzer
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Then I have to come back to my original premise.

What do progressives want?

The same thing as everyone else. There isn't a single mindset here. Like all politics, sometimes you roll around in turds just so you can fit in. Its the two party system.

Besides, it never works when a broad brush gets used. People, no matter how morose, are still individuals.

Yet there are ideologies where individuality is lost.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Okay.

I'm a conservative libertarian who owns firearms. I have a great medical plan through my (Obamacare exempt) employer.

Would my life change under a progressive ideal?

Oh god Beezer please don't use me as a representative for which ever demographic is the antagonist of this thread. I assure you I probably wouldn't fit the descript

I don't see eye to eye with the majority of conservatives and pretty much all Republicans. Although I share more with liberals and democrats by that fact I suppose I am no way in support of that party line either. Any discussion on these issues you'd have to expect a more esoteric discourse. I'm on the fringe and push what it means to be leftist

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

Have you read "Atlas Shrugged" ? Our government has bent over backwards to eliminate the rugged individualist. This is why our jobs are going out of the country and engineers, doctors and other very smart people are coming in from outside the country. There are no more Teslas, Edisons, Westinghouses, Pasteurs, nor the smart ones that were their helpers and underlings. We have been dumbed down to the Nth degree. We need individuals to create, invent, manufacture. No longer can an individual get the education in this country that one could thirty years ago. No longer can one comprehend what it takes to even get started in learning the curricula that an individual had to struggle with 30 years ago.

We have got to quit worrying about social issues and putting them at the forefront of our lives and letting them be our new religion.

We are lazy. We have our government to blame. But, thank goodness, there are still rugged individualists out there. You know who you are and don't let big brother catch you.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I'm beginning to get a grasp of the progressive ideology.

Progressive ideology recognizes the "collective" rights.

They don't recognize the "individual" rights.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 11:14 PM
link   

I don't mean to put you on the spot, but you were honest enough to post, and for that, I thank you. I do appreciate your point of view.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

BINGO !!!!!

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Now you're seeing the light! I told ya it wouldn't be so hard...

One for All and All as One.

It's just changing one ity bity word. Nothing more.... Elementary, really. I think they have your red glass scrip about done too....

Rosey Red... Right?
edit on 4-1-2014 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Shouldn't it be

One for all, and all for . . . . all?

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

So you want to know what the ideology wants as the end game, not "the progressive"?

The ideology only provides a script for background chatter.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 11:25 PM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by beezzer

So you want to know what the ideology wants as the end game, not "the progressive"?

The ideology only provides a script for background chatter.

I don't distinguish between the two. If someone has a progressive ideology, it doesn't differentiate from the progressive.

In my oft humble. . . . .

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

You're welcome

I said my peace. I can tell which threads are a genuine invitation for discussion and which ones are merely for polarization. Not talking about the obvious humor, but what's underlying it.

Anyways appreciate the humor in the thread
Have a good day.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 11:34 PM
link   

To be frank, I can't honestly debate a progressive or a progressive oriented thread, if I don't understand their focus and direction.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by NightFlight

We need individuals to create, invent, manufacture.

And when they create something wonderful for society we should breathe life into it. That's progressive thinking. Thanks for sharing it. We shouldn't always put red tape on their creations and inventions because it doesn't make "fiscal sense". Because, as you said, we need it.

Yes I read Atlas Shrugged and saw the movies ^_^
edit on 5-1-2014 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

To be frank saying statements like "progressives don't value individual Rights' is not exactly conducive to a fruitful conversation with them if that's your goal. In fact for you to have extrapolated that from my posts, that being the case, is silly and a little offensive. Additionally, as I said, I am probably not representative of whoever you're deeming the 'progressives'. Either way, I'm not in the mood. I'll just read from the sidelines.
edit on 4-1-2014 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   

beezzer
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Shouldn't it be

One for all, and all for . . . . all?

Nope.. In the world of the collective, all is one because one melds into all so we're all one happy hive to produce for the whole.

Isn't that a whole lot better for us all?

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 12:15 AM
link   

beezzer

What does America look like?

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 12:21 AM
link   
In our progressive paradise, everyone is either born a woman, becomes a woman later, or at the very least is a gay man, because the definition of misogyny is: a man who finds a woman sexually attractive. Being born with a penis is an act of hate against all women...unless you're hot, then maybe there will be an exception made. However, the duration of this exception is arbitrary and it may expire without notice.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Obama president for life!!! Who the hells gunna rock me to sleep tonight?

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Hey Beezer.
I see you are in fine spirits today.

Have you ever seen the movie "The Money Pit" by any chance? There is a scene in there that reminds me of your OP. This couple buys a house and it starts falling apart. Everything they touch blows up, falls in, catches on fire.... you name it. "Walter" has reached his breaking point in this clip and loses his sanity... momentarily. What can he do???

I have had these moments a few times in my life and it seems they are coming more often now than ever before. It's the kind of laugh you get after you've hit your finger with the hammer for the 15th time and you can't cuss because the kids are watching. It's a break from reality.

Obama makes me feel this way almost every time I hear his lying voice tinkle hauntingly through my (as long as he lets me keep it) humble abode.

Watch the movie and you'll understand where I am coming from. I feel your pain, but we might as well learn to get used to the maniacal laughter as it is better than the years of tears I feel are coming.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Hoosierdaddy71
Obama president for life!!! Who the hells gunna rock me to sleep tonight?

Obamacare should be sending a nurse in shortly.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join