It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama is awesome, Gobal warming exists, taxes are patriotic, guns are bad.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

Obamacare should be sending a nurse in shortly.

Don't you mean a nanny?...

Note to Beezzer:
I'm sorry, my friend, but I can't find it within myself to, even, pretend to be a "Progressive".

See ya,
Milt
edit on 343America/Chicago1RAmerica/Chicago2014-01-05T01:14:30-06:00Sunday00000030America/Chicago by BenReclused because: Add a note

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by BenReclused

That would be more appropriate, wouldn't it?

Nanny it is then!

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post beezzer

This appears to be the exact kind of baiting, negative, utterly pointless types of thing that SkepticOverlord talked about recently in his plea and heartfelt thread.
Well done Beezer, that's 2 threads recently, you must be so proud.
edit on 5-1-2014 by stargatetravels because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I want cameras installed in every toilet and showerhead, streaming live over the internet! Why should the NSA have all the fun?

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 02:04 AM
link   
I notice that taxation for the military is all groovy, especially when it pays for Beezers former career and for him and his family to live a comfortable life in Germany, under the protection of the worlds largest ever military. So that taxation is ok. Just not the taxes that Beezer now has to pay as a civilian. Hmmm.

Have fun in your regressive world. Maybe you can elect Duck commander as the president. He'd know what to do. He'd sort out those damn progressives.

You don't need Obamacare either. All god fearing Americans know, that either god will cure your disease or you will go to heaven if you die from it. No need for pesky doctors and big pharma.

I'm sure when your grand children are fighting to the death over the last glass of water, they will look back and thank their grand parents for being such short sighted fools.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Beezzer, all I had to do was read the title of the thread on the "Live" page and I knew you authored the thread.

Does that mean I read too much on ATS? I don't know. All I'm saying is that I said to myself "Let's see what Beezzer's got to say today" as I clicked.

Cheers!

P.S. I thought fondly of your OP as I tucked my .40 Glock back in the safe tonight.

edit on 1/5/2014 by InTheFlesh1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

98% of all scientists agree global warming is real.
The US prospered the most when taxes on the rich were the highest.
I cannot wait for your argument against the reality of these things with facts, numbers, and science. Please save the partisan rhetoric. Just be honest and let's debate it.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Mon1k3r

Wow! You can choose to be gay? I never heard of that from anyone that was not already get in my life. How do you choose to be gay? Please explain.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Trying to understand progressive ideas with a conservative mind is like asking a fish to ride a bike.

But it's all good, conservatives can all tap themselves in the back when it comes to talking and then back-stab if it's individually advantageous when it comes to acting.

The ball and chain of human advancement.

Some rabbits just aren't made to get out of their hole.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 03:34 AM
link   
I think you have to look abroad to really get a feel for a progressive paradise, here are my suggestions

Guaranteed fixed income from government for everyone in country (failed proposal in switzland)

Every child to have a state assigned guardian such as a social worker or teacher, with same or greater rights than the parent (failed proposal in scotland)

Banning of all other forms of education for children than state schools (germany is part way there)

A national health service (like the nhs in the uk)

security cameras every 20 feet (again uk)

a wealth cap no one can own more than a certain amount of money (seen suggested here before)

Nationalization of all large corporations and services

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by monkofmimir

Find me a Brit that does not like their national healthcare.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Buttonlip

Find me a Brit that does not like their national healthcare.

Here you go

There is one

Cody

ETA: Welcome to ATS

edit on 5/1/14 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Um....

What's a "progressive" ??

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

it looks like s21 of the khmer rouge

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Buttonlip

my step sisters girlfriend

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 06:22 AM
link   

beezzer
I'm trying to imagine a progressive paradise.

Obama is awesome. He stays president forever (because he is so dreamy and so awesome!)

Global warming exists and we need to do something about it! Carbon credits, higher taxes, higher energy bills.

Taxes are patriotic! They help the economy! Taxestaxestaxes! Higher taxes for everyone! (Except the poor)

Guns are bad. Guns kill people. Guns cause brain damage and make yew talk with a southern accent. Get rid of all the guns!

DONE!

Okay!

So we have a forever president, higher utility costs, higher taxes, and no guns.

What does America look like?

Progressivism (political) is a general political philosophy based on the Idea of Progress that asserts that advances in science, technology, economic development, and social organization, can improve the human condition.

I don't see how any of that relates to a 'progressive paradise'.

How does an individual like Obama, who does many things in the bane of the definition, make anyone with true progressive ideology consider him dreamy or awesome?

How do taxes, higher energy costs, and credits (more taxes) count towards anything that has to do with being progressive?

What do taxes (again) or patriotism have to do with being progressive?

What does the legal status of guns have to do with progressivism?

Oh; you mean the news' red vs blue, slap a word on it to cheer/rant and further divide way of slanting/confusing/doublespeaking the populace who are weak enough to watch it ... definition of progressive (and just as perverted definitions of conservatism).

Obama is just a man. He either intentionally or not, makes mistakes or choices. He is either doing it on his own, or his actions are decided for him. That is not to be argued, because the point of the matter is; show me the list of actions that support your idea that he is truly a representative of being a progressive leader, and not just some label you get from MSM and people who rally/argue with ignorance. Show me where he has advanced us in science, technology, economic development, and social organization; or any improvements he has made to the human condition. Do any possible examples far outweigh examples of anti-progressivism he has a record of?

Show me, how the methods of taxation and increased costs do anything to solve an issue, instead of band-aid it. Again, show the path of these extra costs in how they actually support a solution, through science, technology, economic develpment, and social organization to improve the situations it was created against for the betterment of the human condition. If they are just taxes and increased costs, they don't directly affect anything; then they are not a representation of progressivism.

Patriotism, though I believe you actually are speaking of nationalism, for a patriot questions in the actions of and demands high standards and servitude from, his/her government. This one, has at least a semblance of one of the qualities; social organization ... but does it really? Do you consider people putting stickers of flags on their car social organization? How does it improve science or tech? Economy? Well, maybe a few might attempt to buy more 'american'; but do they really? Is that flag made in China 'american'? Is that Ford F150 assembled in Mexico and parts sourced overseas 'american'? Or is that Honda assembled in the states and has most of its parts sourced in the states 'american'? A patriot would buy the Honda, right? A blind nationalist would buy the Ford, no? How does this often misguided 'feeling' better the human condition on average?

Guns. Do you really believe that you can blanket statement -real- people who want to focus on science, tech, economic development, and social organization ... to generally want to do away with guns altogether? Do you not think there are people, and possibly the majority of them (not the media spun and focused on fanatics) don't see merit in personal protection or possibly hunt occasionally as a survival skill? Are all hunters in your view, conservative? Do only conservatives value protecting their family? What do guns have to do with progressivism again?

NO. I won't let you spread the contamination of this fallacy, even in jest. There is no reason to jokingly reinforce the labeling and division in such a negative manner. Sarcasm or cynicism does nothing to support one another ... U.S.American, human, conservative, progressive, independent, none of the above, all of the above.

Obama should be impeached. Undue taxes should be removed. Utility costs, such as water and electricity which are mandatory to live (heating/cooling required not to die in many places), should cost minimally.

Here is how I see progressivism. Investment in science and technology, not locked off from the public; like NASA but truly an organization of and for the citizens. Freedom from excessive taxes; while taxing some more destructive things highly such as alcohol and other recreational drugs (nicotine, thc, etc). FREE education, healthcare, and heavily subsidized utilities and food for the people and families

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 07:17 AM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan
I would rather imagine a libertarian paradise.

Who cares who's president...he barely has any authority.

Taxes? For what? Oh...yeah, we can give just a small amount for THAT. But that's it!

Costs? Since when does competition yield higher prices?

Guns? sure, have whatever you want. Your neighbor probably does.

Gay marriage? Why should I care? Its not my crotch.
edit on 1/4/2014 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

This is the true vision of paradise, actual "freedom"........my GOD I am just going to role around in it for a few minutes like a dog on road kill right after it gets a bath.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Security cameras in the UK? oh that again...
The government has 30,000 the rest are owned by private citizens, I have one it helped me solve the "who is stealing my garden gnomes mystery".

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

see i would have just used a bear trap, a grill and some bbq sauce

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I for one, am a firm believer in Global Warming.
Conversely, I'm a firm believer in Global Cooling.

That's the way it works...Can we do anything about it? Yeah right.
It's not nice to fool mother nature... (Insert Lightning and Thunder here)

Oblivion has it right.
What we're losing - Day by day, inch by inch - is Freedom.
That's the one word that should be the rallying cry - we should all shout it at the top of our lungs.

FREEDOM!!!

Whether or not we're losing it due to progressive idealism is a discussion which I'm not really equipped to debate. What I can say is, any ideology that would rob us of our freedom should be viewed as extremely dangerous and should be handled with extreme prejudice. Ground into the dirt under our 'collective' boots.

I still think that dogs should wear diapers in the park though... /sarc

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join