It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Researchers develop way to levitate objects in 3D space using sound

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   
This is fascinating stuff .. hoverboards may be closer than we think !
I think this also reinforces the theory that the pyramids were built using levitation.
Maybe add UFO propulsion into the mix as well ? (this is ATS after all)

Researchers have taken a step closer in the quest to develop hoverboards, as used by Marty McFly in the film Back to the Future II, by levitating objects in 3D using sound waves. While scientists have previously managed to suspend objects in mid-air using what's called acoustic levitation, a team of Japanese engineers have managed to move objects around space in various directions. Bubbles, a screw and a tiny piece of wood have so far been manoeuvred like a hoverboard, but the objects must be inside a complex set-up of four arrays of speakers to be able to fly.

The machine, which was created by engineers at the University of Tokyo and the Nagoya Institute of Technology, uses ultrasonic speakers to generate sound waves that cross over.

According to the researchers, this intersection creates 'a moveable ultrasonic focal point,' or a cross-over of high frequency noise greater than 20kHz, which is at the upper limit of human hearing.

Standing waves - waves that remain in a constant position - provide a suspending force so the focal point can be moved up, down and from side-to-side, in order to support a small floating object trapped in the standing waves

More info + pictures and a video here : www.dailymail.co.uk... ml

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Alundra
I think this also reinforces the theory that the pyramids were built using levitation.

Researchers have taken a step closer in the quest to develop hoverboards, as used by Marty McFly in the film Back to the Future II, by levitating objects in 3D using sound waves. While scientists have previously managed to suspend objects in mid-air using what's called acoustic levitation, a team of Japanese engineers have managed to move objects around space in various directions. Bubbles, a screw and a tiny piece of wood have so far been manoeuvred like a hoverboard, but the objects must be inside a complex set-up of four arrays of speakers to be able to fly.

The machine, which was created by engineers at the University of Tokyo and the Nagoya Institute of Technology, uses ultrasonic speakers to generate sound waves that cross over.

According to the researchers, this intersection creates 'a moveable ultrasonic focal point,' or a cross-over of high frequency noise greater than 20kHz, which is at the upper limit of human hearing.

Standing waves - waves that remain in a constant position - provide a suspending force so the focal point can be moved up, down and from side-to-side, in order to support a small floating object trapped in the standing waves

More info + pictures and a video here : www.dailymail.co.uk... ml

Great minds think alike

I just posted this. its amazing . Check out the convo and the video

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Pretty soon they'll be levitating 20 ton stones! Oh wait...

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Interesting as this technology is it the principles have been known since at least the mid 1970s and to be honest I think its applications are rather limited the apparatus is immobile & inefficient.

To claim this is a step towards a workable hoverboard is very misleading as the technology is completely impractical for such use. There were steam powered airships in the 1850s that were closer to hoverboard technology than this is the closest thing approximating a hoverboard so far is the jet packs which were first developed in the late 1950s.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   

TiM3LoRd

Great minds think alike

I just posted this. its amazing . Check out the convo and the video

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Yeah , must be

It indeed is an amazing video !

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   
this is nothing new. i learned a long time ago, that, if you put something on your speakers and turned the volume up, stuff just vibrates off and falls to the floor.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Alundra

or maybe one step closer to how they built the pyramids

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   

brianporter
There were steam powered airships in the 1850s that were closer to hoverboard technology than this is the closest thing approximating a hoverboard so far is the jet packs which were first developed in the late 1950s.

You mean this ?
www.thehistoryforum.com...
en.wikipedia.org...
Fascinating !I don't understand all the technical details but that doesn't matter (for now). I didn't know about this so thanks for the history lesson

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Alundra

Reminds me of Coral Castle in Florida.

This link might be more in keeping with the OP.
xenophilius.wordpress.com...
edit on 3-1-2014 by RedmoonMWC because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   

RedmoonMWC
Reminds me of Coral Castle in Florida.

Went to the grave with Edward Leedskalnin.

"The Secret To The Universe Is 7129 / 6105195" "Gave my heart an engagement ring, She left everything, Everything I gave her, Oh sweet sixteen"*

I just found the statement "Edward Leedskalnin would only respond to precisly two rings at his Rock Gate"

cos(6105195) = cos(45)
45x16 = 720 = 360x2 = 2 rings
cos(7129) = cos(71) 71x16 = 1136 = the speed of sound

Edward knew the secret and it went to the grave with him.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Mon1k3r
Pretty soon they'll be levitating 20 ton stones! Oh wait...

Yes, they just need HUGE boxes that require a huge powerplant to power. That must be what the Pyramids are for, a time travelling power device. The Pyramids created the power that was used to build them. If they don't send power back in time I guess you have a weird catch 22 situation though ... so must be time travelling too.

ETA: You people do realize this requires sound waves to come from all 4 directions and can NEVER be used for something like a hoverboard right?
edit on 3-1-2014 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Alundra

There's a reason they're using tiny little objects. It takes about 160dB to levitate a toothpick a couple of inches.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

good thing it's out of our hearing range

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Alundra

Unfortunately, it is not out of the auditory range of certain animals. Let's hope this apparatus never goes anywhere near a dolphin.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

your reply made me learn 2 things .. hearing range = auditory range
and about the animals , now that is sad to hear :/

anyway .. thanks

edit on 6-1-2014 by Alundra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   
The 2 threads certainly did take on 2 completely different paths. How ironic in itself.

The replies in this thread more of a spiritual focus I think. Thanks for participating.

top topics

join