It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you feel about your approaching death?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 04:05 AM
link   
youtu.be...

Jung on death...

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 04:14 AM
link   
you are an eternal spirit. You're body dies but you will never actually die.

Just pray about it.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 05:07 AM
link   

droid56
Death. The big D. No one escapes it.

It is usually proceeded by a gradual loss of muscle and physical strength. Walking eventually becomes difficult. Remembering does too.

We don't like to think about death for obvious reasons. We will all experience it. It is mostly unpleasant. Don't say it isn't!

Religious dogma is an attempt to avoid the harsh reality of death. I'm not saying I'm sure what comes after we die is unpleasant. I don't know. But what leads up to death is definitely not something I wish to experience. On Golden Pond? More like on white stretcher in the hall waiting for an overburdened doctor.

Death scares me but I also welcome it even though I am not sure what comes after, if anything. Why do I welcome it? Maybe because I am at a point in my life where the hopes and dreams of my past are now clearly bullcrap. I now live in the clear light of reality.

Actually it is preceded - I only mention that because the proceeded part is the real sticking point here. It is hard to picture our own non-existence. Life is too short, so knowing that, there may be something that comes after.
edit on 3-1-2014 by Harvin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

I'd like to think that Spartacus..Nice thought. I've seen a lot of death in all manner of causes. Even assisted in Post Mortums.

Lately and surprisingly shortly before this OP I was mulling over the idea the there is nothing after death. Kinda like when you squash a bug or a fly, where does it go. Animals die or are killed. What happens to them after they snuff it. Blank?

Tend to think the same way for humans. After all, I suppose we are nothing more than a higher or more intellectual species of animal. There are species on this planet that have been here much longer than humans so I would surmise that they have survived and died through adaptation over the course of millions of years. Where did they go ?

Apes/monkeys die, I don't think they imagine that anything happens after they're death.

Perhaps because we comprehend death and have hopes and feelings, these make us believe there is a spiritual life waiting for us.

Presently, as I have mentioned I kinda think there is nothing. My thoughts from what I have seen. (And I'm getting old)

Regards, Bally

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 06:23 AM
link   
If I had the opportunity to go back in time and decide whether or not I wanted to be born into this life or not, I would definitely have chosen not to be born at all. Maybe it's just the depression talking, but I feel like my short existence on this planet has been a monumental waste of time. Life seems to be one challenge after another without reward or satisfaction.

While I am grateful for all the things I do have and understand I am better off in many respects than most people in the world, the pain and inner turmoil I feel at times is very trying and expends much energy. I cannot help but feel at times that the world would be better off without the negative energy that comprises a large part of my being.

So, how do I feel about my approaching death? I welcome it.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 06:27 AM
link   
I know that my death will benefit many seeing I have left my body to others so they can use my parts to improve others lives...I think more should do the same.
Am I scared? a little because it is fear of the unknown but either way there is no Hell and even if it is nothing afterwards I know deep down I have done more good than bad.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 06:32 AM
link   

signalfire

As for me, I had a rather interesting 'talk' with my father the instant after he died. He was in a hospital room 20 miles away and I got the call that he had passed just minutes later from my brother who was in the room with him.

My father said, and I quote, "WHEEEEE, this is FUN!!!"

No kidding.

I'm looking forward to death; and my father gave me the greatest going away present ever.

Can you please elaborate? Did you actually hear his voice, or was this a thought in your head? When you capitalize his words, do you mean they were quite loud? Thanks.

I've read that the most common psychic experience is that of a visit by a loved one just after they've died. Several members of my family have had this happen to them. I've seen some odd stuff related to this (the TV turning on several times with nobody near the remote) but not a direct voice or a sighting of the person.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

All I can say is that I agree.

I've lived my life, did what needed to be done, and now I'm waiting for the ending.

How do I feel about death ? I welcome it. It's my ticket home.
edit on 3-1-2014 by TommyD because: Something something

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 06:54 AM
link   
I accepted my own death 12 years ago.

I didn't die though.

I guess I would be considered a zombie then.

One can spend their entire life trying to avoid the inevitable, or one can accept it and enjoy the time they have left here.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   
How do I feel about my impending death? I welcome it. I actually cannot wait to go home. I honestly think that I have missed my life's purpose (which totally sucks) and there's nothing really left for me to do here other than being a mother to a child who is almost an adult and a good wife. You may think its a little morbid, but after much soul searching and spiritual enlightenment, death does not scare me in the least. So for now, all I can do is enjoy life to its fullest, loving unconditionally all things here on this planet and wait for my time to come

I just hope I don't follow the pattern of all women in my family that all live to be between 95 & 101. That's a little too old for me. Lol.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by droid56

It sounds like you fear dying, more than you fear death. This is understandable. For many, the process of dying is an unpleasant one. Not everyone gets to go in an instant. This is why I believe people should have a choice to die quickly and peacefully, if they are terminally ill, and/or have a painful existence. But back to the topic...

I don't look forward to dying, but I welcome what we call death with open arms. Death is a transition. It is the next step in a process. We go on from here. To what and where, I'm not sure right now, but I do know in myself, that our concept of death is all wrong. Death is the lifting of a veil that is presently over your consciousness.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   

SayonaraJupiter

Lazarus Short
reply to post by SayonaraJupiter

#1 I'm not a skin job.

#2 I never wanted to be here anyway...

Are you here against your will?

That's a tricky existential question, but I'm not sure the will enters into it. I have premonitions that there is a better place to be, and it would be neither the grave nor the here-and-now.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by droid56

I'm not worried about it. I'm more scared of getting old and losing mobility and mental comprehension.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Tarasco
youtu.be...

Jung on death...

I'm 64 - too old to "die Jung." [grin]

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I have my own theory regarding The dreaded "D" word.

I think that death is nothing more or less than the next stage of our journey... There are many reasons to be afraid but for me it's the unknown! there is no kind of evidence or proof that we can examine with regards to what happens to us when we die but i have faith that death is not the end..

I don't follow any known religion, i have my own spiritual beliefs and i am sure i am not the first to come to this conclusion....

we are but a single snowflake amongst the gigantic avalanche that is the universe... the reality is, all of us are insignificant except to each other... i am insignificant and so are you and everyone you have ever known or will know in the future... the only thing of any importance is Why? and that is a question 90% of the world wouldn't even contemplate but i do, every single day i ask myself why am i here? what is the purpose of this existential mind fornication? and do you know what i realise? ...... There are no answers.. only more questions, there are no limits on what the human mind can imagine but there is most certainly a limit to what it can comprehend... most of us can't begin to understand the true complexities of our existence and that is why i am 100% certain that we are not meant to understand, not yet anyway.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I look forward to Death, it's an experience like no other and I'm very curious about it. It's something that is inevitable and can not be avoided, I will do all I can to avoid dying because I would be leaving my partner and my family behind, that's all.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

As usual, I agree with Akragon.

The OPS question - How do you feel about your approaching death?
- It makes me wonder about the 'intelligence' behind the design of the human body. This whole human system doesn't work very well.
- I wish there was a switch to flip ... so that there was no 'death process' .. only instant death.
- Being dead is something I look forward to. The process of getting there SUX.

So ... that's how I feel and what I'm thinking about ...

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   
The ego is our biggest threat when it comes to dying, that's why therapist's are starting to incorporate magic mushrooms in their counseling with terminal patients. Once you have experienced conscious thought separate from egoic thought you will have a different process about dying. Having read dozens of books on near death experiences, the only thing I fear about dying is how I die.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   

bally001
reply to post by spartacus699

I'd like to think that Spartacus..Nice thought. I've seen a lot of death in all manner of causes. Even assisted in Post Mortums.

Lately and surprisingly shortly before this OP I was mulling over the idea the there is nothing after death. Kinda like when you squash a bug or a fly, where does it go. Animals die or are killed. What happens to them after they snuff it. Blank?

Tend to think the same way for humans. After all, I suppose we are nothing more than a higher or more intellectual species of animal. There are species on this planet that have been here much longer than humans so I would surmise that they have survived and died through adaptation over the course of millions of years. Where did they go ?

Apes/monkeys die, I don't think they imagine that anything happens after they're death.

Perhaps because we comprehend death and have hopes and feelings, these make us believe there is a spiritual life waiting for us.

Presently, as I have mentioned I kinda think there is nothing. My thoughts from what I have seen. (And I'm getting old)

Regards, Bally

someone tricked you into believing your an ape.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by droid56

Oh goodie, I love reading the death threads! Thanks.

I have quite a morbid streak. I think about death every day. I like to keep it close because it is one of the two most natural and mind blowing experiences we have as souls. It does not make me depressed and I even have a sense of humour about it. I like to think creatively about it and use my imagination to try and fathom this gateway of change.

I believe we are all "something". We are entities. We are more than just physical. Without even any of our senses we are still entities. Without any physical feeling and no memory we are still entities. Absolutely everything in Creation in the known universe seems to only transform. Nothing actually disappears, it just changes. That is the nature of stars, planets and every form.

So, on that basis, it seems more likely that the entity that is us transforms or changes. How can "something" disappear?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join