It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you feel about your approaching death?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Death. The big D. No one escapes it.

It is usually proceeded by a gradual loss of muscle and physical strength. Walking eventually becomes difficult. Remembering does too.

We don't like to think about death for obvious reasons. We will all experience it. It is mostly unpleasant. Don't say it isn't!

Religious dogma is an attempt to avoid the harsh reality of death. I'm not saying I'm sure what comes after we die is unpleasant. I don't know. But what leads up to death is definitely not something I wish to experience. On Golden Pond? More like on white stretcher in the hall waiting for an overburdened doctor.

Death scares me but I also welcome it even though I am not sure what comes after, if anything. Why do I welcome it? Maybe because I am at a point in my life where the hopes and dreams of my past are now clearly bullcrap. I now live in the clear light of reality.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by droid56

Theres nothing to fear when it comes to death... Its just another part of the process...

Its a release from the pain and agony of this sad little world of ours...

Once you realise there is nothing to fear but fear itself... You'll find your life is much happier

Fear life... Don't fear death

In fact do not fear at all...

edit on 3-1-2014 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by droid56

I have death anxiety that makes me look at death in such a way that it happens to him and her but wont happen to me. Even though logically i know it will happen to me. Thats why these doomsday people really freak me out, why do they care if the worlds going to end? We already know the world will end for each and every person alive today; its just a matter of how not if. So why dose it matter if death is met by old age and crapping your pants? or a collective die off? At least if its collective we will have each other. Thats what i think

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Akragon
reply to post by droid56

Theres nothing to fear when it comes to death... Its just another part of the process...

Its a release from the pain and agony of this sad little world of ours...

Once you realise there is nothing to fear but fear itself... You'll find your life is much happier

Fear life... Don't fear death

In fact do not fear at all...

edit on 3-1-2014 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

May I ask you how old you are, Akragon?

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 01:09 AM
link   
There was a great line in 'Jesus Christ Superstar' that I'm not sure is in the Bible or not:

"To conquer death you only have to die",

And, there's Woody Allen's take on it; 'I'm not afraid of dying, I just don't want to be there when it happens.'

As for me, I had a rather interesting 'talk' with my father the instant after he died. He was in a hospital room 20 miles away and I got the call that he had passed just minutes later from my brother who was in the room with him.

My father said, and I quote, "WHEEEEE, this is FUN!!!"

No kidding.

I'm looking forward to death; and my father gave me the greatest going away present ever.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by droid56

You may...

Im 34... But age makes no difference...

If i were 104 i would be saying the same thing

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by droid56

On our appointed day, we all solve the great mystery.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Akragon
reply to post by droid56

You may...

Give it some time. Perhaps when you are old your opinion might change. Not about the possible after death reality, but the lead up to death.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I'm scared to death about it.

But you can't experience death until you've experienced life. Death is part of life.

If we are made of stars, and a stars death is another ones beginning, then I do think there is a part of us that will carry on and be conscious in some way after this life.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by droid56

How do I feel about my impending death?? Great way to start off the new year buddy! Are you happy bringing gloom and misery to 2014?

Any one of us could blip out in the next few seconds, let's not kid ourselves about that. Death is a "thing" for some people. A lot of people cling to religions or mythology for the answers... let's not kid ourselves about that, either. The longer we can deny death means the longer we can enjoy our life.

link   
BRING IT!

link   

droid56

Akragon
reply to post by droid56

You may...

Give it some time. Perhaps when you are old your opinion might change. Not about the possible after death reality, but the lead up to death.

Nope...

I welcome death when my time has come...

I can't wait to go home... Til then theres work to do

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 01:30 AM
link   

SayonaraJupiter
reply to post by droid56

How do I feel about my impending death?? Great way to start off the new year buddy! Are you happy bringing gloom and misery to 2014?

Any one of us could blip out in the next few seconds, let's not kid ourselves about that. Death is a "thing" for some people. A lot of people cling to religions or mythology for the answers... let's not kid ourselves about that, either. The longer we can deny death means the longer we can enjoy our life.

So death is gloom and misery? I think you are right. Mostly.
But denying death might help for a while, but then it slaps us hard on our wrinkled face.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 01:31 AM
link   
When i was a lil boy i would lay in bed and think about dying and cry about it.

But since i became Adult i am kind of neutral about it , i try to live a honest life , service to others style because i believe this world does not evolve around me.

Nowadays when i think about death its not fear but more the thought off what would be behind it , nobody came back to shout , guys "do yourself" we got a nice spot over there , you should come with us.

What i mean with this is the fact that for every single individual on this planet "existence" after life on earth is a total mistery.

But still the Physical world we live in , with all the benefits and negatives ( sex/love - pain/fear the first one i am unknown to
) , is to say the least... challenging and who doesnt like a good challenge?

What also has a big impact for me when it comes to death , is the fact that i am an organ donor , i am not religious , and i dont buy the "if you give away all your organs your not going to the "afterlife" complete.

Because even after i die if my organs could save children or any one else , i would give them the green light to plunder my entire body , it would be the greatest thing i ever did , to give a person his/her life back after mine has vanished.

TheGreazel.

edit on 3-1-2014 by TheGreazel because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-1-2014 by TheGreazel because: Epic fail moments 654221.1

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by droid56

Death is not gloom but rather a celebration of something we call Life. Welcome Death O' sweet oblivion's kiss.

IA IA.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Lazarus Short
BRING IT!

That's the spirit!

edit on 1/3/2014 by SayonaraJupiter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Having had 2 serious illnesses in the past 10 years I faced mortality and organised me goodbyes... twice. So now i'm just waiting for the next time lol

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Jesus said the world endures but an hour. I will be ready for eternity. All though in the words of Steve Jobs, "Nobody wants to die".
edit on 3-1-2014 by cass1dy09 because: sp

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by cass1dy09

Agree,i dont think any one would wanna die , but it is however inevitalable , i would wish any person on this planet more times , to travel to other countries , sniff up culture from all over the globe so every one would have a big picture off how the world looks and works , because the sadness in this experience is that we cannot experience everything on this planet and all the places in one lifetime.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by SayonaraJupiter

#1 I'm not a skin job.

#2 I never wanted to be here anyway...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join