It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you feel about your approaching death?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 06:48 AM
link   
the worse part about dying, is those we leave behind and it's inevitable.

i hope it's not expensive, either.
i want to be put on the shelf next to our old dog. don't need a plot and headstone. i have a cool urn.
we are christian, also.

i'm hoping for 10 more years. why? i don't know, maybe to right some wrongs, make amends, do better than i have, in the past 60yrs.

i am accepting of my demise and judgement, ya gets to thinking, when the odd pain here and there, shows up.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 07:02 AM
link   
I had four near death experiences as a young child and believe me it was more of a Nightmare. An Creature that you couldn't tell its gender, a place that has a river full of blood lending all the way to an Nightmarish looking fountain.

Everything in that place seemed quite Nightmarish.

I hope my post doesn't give nightmares to some of you.
edit on 4-1-2014 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   
It all comes down to beliefs. Death goes beyond beliefs however and is a real event. Beliefs on the other hand for most revolve around a creator and securing the grace of that creator in order not to endure that which is called hell, but instead receive rewards and a place in Heaven. That is it in a nutshell.

That is a Christians view, I can't speak for others.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by droid56

Which one in particular ?

I've died twice, both in violent circumstances, met my guardian angel.

Death ? Nothing to fear. Simple as that.

I think it was the Dali Llama or could have been Buddha that said Dying is easy, you just breathe out and forget to breathe in.

Fearing death is pointless, it's the living bit that's difficult

Cody

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   

tsingtao
the worse part about dying, is those we leave behind and it's inevitable.

i hope it's not expensive, either.
i want to be put on the shelf next to our old dog. don't need a plot and headstone. i have a cool urn.
we are christian, also.

i'm hoping for 10 more years. why? i don't know, maybe to right some wrongs, make amends, do better than i have, in the past 60yrs.

i am accepting of my demise and judgement, ya gets to thinking, when the odd pain here and there, shows up.

I so agree with you. I have told my kids that I want as little money spent on my funeral as possible. To me, burying my body is like burying a shirt after I have stopped wearing it. Its not me, its just the shell I occupied. I had a friend die a couple of years ago, and looking at the body in the casket, it was like I was looking at a manikin. He was gone, what was there was just an inanimate object. We should celibrate the essense of the person instead of be gloomy about burying the shell of that person.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   

droid56
Death. The big D. No one escapes it.

It is usually proceeded by a gradual loss of muscle and physical strength. Walking eventually becomes difficult. Remembering does too.

Death scares me but I also welcome it even though I am not sure what comes after, if anything. Why do I welcome it? Maybe because I am at a point in my life where the hopes and dreams of my past are now clearly bullcrap. I now live in the clear light of reality.

And yet another sign of growing old......hopes and dreams become bullcrap. LOL

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Death itself I'm not worried about. Right now, I feel like that is covered, but my faith is strong.

I have two worries about it - those I might leave behind and the manner of dying. Let's be honest. There are some very, very unpleasant ways to die in this world.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   

How do you feel about your approaching death

Good question. I no not my demise so I treat everyday as my last. Do all I can till I can do no more. Love all I can till I can no more. Live life with no fear and sleep easy knowing I did my best.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I ignore it by telling myself that I will be the exception. I just won't die.
Most people just don't spend time thinking about it. Like taxes.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by hillbilly4rent

You sleep because you're exhausted doing all that. LOL. I need a nap just reading your post.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by openminded2011

My much loved Aunt Anna used to say "Just stick a bone up my a$$ and let the dogs drag me away." Can't get much cheaper than that. LOL. Hey I said we loved her . I never claimed our family had any class.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I believe that we move seamlessly from one life to another...not necessarily all on Earth. I died in a car accident in 1976. I was extremely pissed off to be woken up by the driver, of the other vehicle, saying the Lord's prayer over me. (There is a reason for ALL that happens in life.) I was very happy, warm, and feeling wonderfully loved on the other side. I saw and talked to my mother 3 days after she died. I have spoken to other family whom have crossed over, as well. I can tell you that "death" is what you make it out to be. Meaning if you were taught there is a hell, then you may experience it if you are convinced you should. If you were taught that karma exists, then you may have it experience that in your next life. Etc.. etc., etc.. You are a continuation of what you are. You will eventually (after many, many, lifetimes), find you way back to Source/God. (Meaning you have experienced everything you possibly can and are complete.) There is nothing to fear if you don't make it a practice to fear. Fear is the biggest of all things that holds mankind back. Practice living without it and the next steps to your next life will be a glorious adventure instead of something of darkness and uncertainty.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I plan of dropping dead without any longterm suffering. I spent five years suffering already, my debt should be paid already. I don't care about aches and pains, but I will take a walk out in the woods if things get real bad and go to sleep under a tree. Maybe I will take lunch and toilet paper so I do not have to come back to the house.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by droid56

im very scared of leaving my son behind, its something i think about most days. even though i have had many paranormal experiences and do evp, i still question myself if there really is life after life. theres no way i want to come back and i don't want to be floating around and having to learn more, i would like my soul to be completely destroyed so there is no me - ever.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   
People should be more concerned with where they are going after death and that will depend on the karma they've collected and what they've done about it

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Too busy living .. will think about death when Im dead.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Aging sucks for everyone but how you feel about death I guess depends on how you lived your life and if you believe there is anything after or not. My mother for example believes absolutely that when your dead that's it, nothing comes after, your body rots and your forgotten, you had your time, you had your chance, hope you used it well!

On the other hand I believe that when I die it wont be my end, I will simply find a new body to inhabit for a while, ive probably lived in thousands of such body's and may live in a few more before I graduate from this level.

Maybe life is a dream, maybe death is more real then life.
edit on 4-1-2014 by LUXUS because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Feel honoured.

To even be able to say I can die.

Obviously surrounding yourself with people and their worlds make it seems miserable lol.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

What has this world ever done for us, except from being awakened by an act of fornication from a dreamless sleep. Then after a grossly undignified act of birth, in which the body of the biological mother is stressed to extremes. The biological father is stressed to the max by societies expectations to provide. What infernal trick made them create another to suffer the indignities of old age and death, did they want a free cute cuddly doll to play with? not realising it would all turn to sh*&. Then worked like a slave, and by doing making others enjoy a cushier life experience, at the expense of our own. The only thing positive about death is that, you have absolutely no say in the matter, so in that regard one can submit to it as thing righting the wrong of your unsolicited birth, after that act of said fornication where the two participants used faulty birth control or none at all. In fact its probably a subject that has some interesting litigious overtones???, because after all is said and done we never asked to be here in the first place, and subjected to the various fantasies and indignities they use to normalise this unsolicited condition, which could be considered the ultimate in abuse. My retort to any positive spin is F(*&^ off and leave me alone.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   
AWESOME i am danmh tired

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join